Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:13:34 PM

So KNC would not accept even Bitcoins as a security in order to send working boards first as to minimize downtime for customers.
From where I am standing it looks like they are trying hard to work against their customers by refusing to come up with a RMA solution that works for both sides.
I can not think of a single reason why they would not accept BTC as a security in order to send working boards first, apart from trying to discourage people from using the RMA service.

This has to do with people trying to "Game" the system.

Maybe they don't want to be liable with your BTC or want to deal with customers saying they never got the BTC back (Lieing to game the system)

RMA has always been, send it back and they send you a new one. This isn't a new concept. While I understand the frustration of potentially losing money while it is RMA'd that is the nature of the beast and their hands are tied.

Bar, there is a saying that perfectly fits the situation: "If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse."
They found an excuse, I found a way  Wink

Or they can outsource it to someone that is willing to handle it all for them  >ME<
Like I offered a month ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:13:45 PM

I was never compensated for downtime and KnC doesn't have any sort of advanced RMA.

November products are way overpriced.

I'm not very excited for a new 16/20nm chip.  They claim to be grateful to customer's that helped put them on the map but I have yet to see that.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:16:57 PM

They didn't say they had 70% of the hashrate, only 70% of coins produced..which sounds a lot like BS since they can't possibly measure that given all the pools involved?

Yes, it is bullshit.

A Bitcoin "miner" do not produce any BTC. Such device only guarantees an increase in the chances to receive the block reward. Pool "mining" allows concentration of the hash rate to distribute the reward in proportional shares. So such claims like this...

Currently almost 70% of all Bitcoins mined today are being created upon KnCMiner hardware, distributed to customers in over 120 countries globally, the companies claimed.

...it is just a plain and straight lie. I do not know what are the underlying reasons to make such claims, but I am sure it will fool potential customers to believe that a Bitcoin "miner" will really create BTC.

By the way, it is impossible to track what Bitcoin "miners" are responsible for the daily supply of BTC. Even if it was possible, a claim like that would not be true anyway. All Bitcoin "mining" devices help to generate the required encryption to form the blockchain. In other words, every block uses the random hash of many devices as possible.
Paladin69

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:18:28 PM

So KNC would not accept even Bitcoins as a security in order to send working boards first as to minimize downtime for customers.
From where I am standing it looks like they are trying hard to work against their customers by refusing to come up with a RMA solution that works for both sides.
I can not think of a single reason why they would not accept BTC as a security in order to send working boards first, apart from trying to discourage people from using the RMA service.

Maybe they don't want to be liable with your BTC or want to deal with customers saying they never got the BTC back (Lieing to game the system)

RMA has always been, send it back and they send you a new one. This isn't a new concept. While I understand the frustration of potentially losing money while it is RMA'd that is the nature of the beast and their hands are tied.

That's fucking stupid.  Most tech companies have an advanced RMA process to charge a CC temporarily.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:19:23 PM

That's fucking stupid.  Most tech companies have an advanced RMA process to charge a CC temporarily.
Yeah bar, your wrong here. KnC is the first tech company I have dealt with in a while that DOESNT offer an advanced RMA
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:26:15 PM

70% of BTC currently produced is the same thing as 70% of the hashrate. If you want to get into variance semantics then you will just lose over time Smiley

Oh, really?

How that works?

Explain to us how the reward of 2520 BTC each 24 hours is the same thing as 2862405.7 billions SHA-256 hash being generated per second.

Roll Eyes
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

There appear to be some caveats to the RMA process for dead dies as well as the diagnostic.bin being useless for new firmware.  Here is a reply I received when trying for RMA (my highlights).

Hi,
The diagnostic file will never display the new and correct output after 98.1 so it’s not giving us the correct information. That said, if you are still getting less than 106 GH/s per board we can issue an RMA.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks
Emilia

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Paladin69

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:36:29 PM

If KnC has 70% of the hashrate, then they were very irrisponsible in how much hashrate they brought online.  This trend will continue.

10TH next-gen miners sound awesome until you realize your piece of the 3600 per day coin lotto keeps getting smaller.  ASIC sure turned mining into a ponzi for the benefit of old money.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:38:32 PM

Bar, there is a saying that perfectly fits the situation: "If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse."
They found an excuse, I found a way  Wink

Did they give you alternatives? Again your way might not have been viable.

You are close enough to them the RMA shouldn't take but a day or two max just send it in!

No alternatives were offered. Liam was very adamant over the phone, not even giving a reason why a BTC deposit is not a viable option. He just said: "we are not going to change our RMA procedures" in a way that made it clear they don't want to work with their customers.

Sending it back is a risk I am not willing to take: it can take 3 days, it can take a week. The lost revenue while my machine is offline will never get recouped back from the increased hashing performance. At least not at this stage.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:50:09 PM

Yeah bar, your wrong here. KnC is the first tech company I have dealt with in a while that DOESNT offer an advanced RMA

Never have experienced this. My apologies.

However you believe that when providing "Money Printing Machines" there should be advanced RMA? Sorry blame human nature.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:57:36 PM

If KnC has 70% of the hashrate, then they were very irrisponsible in how much hashrate they brought online.  This trend will continue.

With the network roughly 4 TH/s, 70% would be 2.8 TH/s, or roughly 5000 Jupiters. But they shipped a lot of units slower than Jupiters. So lets say roughly 10,000 units shipped. Is that in line with their shipping announcements?

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:59:46 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63

The computing performance of Jupiter is 3600% higher than the closest commercial competitor.

WTF?

Buy & Hold
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:03:12 PM

With the network roughly 4 TH/s, 70% would be 2.8 TH/s, or roughly 5000 Jupiters. But they shipped a lot of units slower than Jupiters. So lets say roughly 10,000 units shipped. Is that in line with their shipping announcements?

4PH*

2.8PH*

That is quite a bit of Hashrate but understand they though each unit Jupiter would originally only do 350GH or 87.5GH/Chip

Let's assume they had 20,000 Chips - 1.75PH

The computing performance of Jupiter is 3600% higher than the closest commercial competitor.

WTF?

I'm assuming they are talking about Chips

I believe BFL has the next "Most GH Per Chip" (Regardless of power consumption

https://products.butterflylabs.com/65nm-asic-bitcoin-mining-chip.html
BFL Chip - 4GH

550 / 4 = 137.5
KnC Chip - 137.5 GH

3437.5% increase
greek_hephaestus

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:04:07 PM

"Unbeknown to the community we are currently developing the next generation product in 20nm/16nm process with Alchip "

They have time to post such news, but don't have the time to participate in their own forums and help people out on their devilish products? They aren't thinking people are going to buy from them again, do they? Is making an announcement like that just a start of mind controlling techniques in the marketing world? Also, if you tried to visit that link www.ast.com that is IN their news publication it doesn't even work.

It is www.ast.co.il

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:17:56 PM

WTF?

Huh

This new 28nm ASIC chip has revolutionized the Bitcoin mining industry. The computing performance of Jupiter is 3600% higher than the closest commercial competitor. The state of the art KnCMiner Jupiter is having a profound effect that’s resonated throughout the Bitcoin mining industry, since the completion of delivery of their first shipment this week.

Yeah, the "profound effect" was the sky-rocket of difficulty, a very important factor which should be made aware by them to every new customer. However, they are more interested to make this stupid statements and keep hidden the real facts, which in turn will guarantee the sales of more and more devices to misinformed customers.

By the way, the "state of the art" is another marketing bullshit. The firmware for their products is still under version 1.0. Moreover, as evidenced by this topic, many KnCminer customers had to open the "miner" cases and deal with internal components to guarantee the product would work as best as possible. The promise of a plug and play product never came to existence. There is not such thing as "state of the art" product among KnCminer offers.

Now, where the "3600%" statement come from, I have no idea...
Paladin69

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:23:56 PM

However you believe that when providing "Money Printing Machines" there should be advanced RMA? Sorry blame human nature.

Especially when they print less than what was spent.

Oh well.  You got yours, bar.  I'm sure if I was in your position with a Day1 order and everything luckily worked out, I would proudly lick my KnC kneepads too.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:28:47 PM

The plain truth for most people is that without the current rise in the price of bitcoins we'd be crying. KNC will be doing well off that too, both from orders paid in BTC and from their own mining. They can't seem to lose...even fucking shipping made them a profit ffs. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:33:12 PM

The plain truth for most people is that without the current rise in the price of bitcoins we'd be crying. KNC will be doing well off that too, both from orders paid in BTC and from their own mining. They can't seem to lose...even fucking shipping made them a profit ffs.  

What is your problem man, they are the fucking company selling the shovels.

Why would you want them to lose, why would you assume they would lose after delivery, what do you not understand about this situation.

All ASIC Vendors that have a product to actually sell (And some that don't) Will Win regardless if miners do or not.

are you are suggesting KnC shouldn't get a profit even though they delivered around 70% of the BTC Hashrate?
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:34:09 PM

That's fucking stupid.  Most tech companies have an advanced RMA process to charge a CC temporarily.

No, I expect when my customers and I spend 10k+ on a machine, regardless of the industry, to have support to go with it. Ive been in the IT industry my entire life, and not even HP's RMA process (one of the worst in the industry) is on the ultra-low level of KnC. Ive never seen a RMA processes handled so poorly in my life. No communication, no flexibility, nothing. I would NOT buy another product from this company, not when they are too busy talking about the next thing to fix their current product. Im surprised paypal has not nuked their account from Orbit.

I expect advanced RMA when dealing with something time sensitive, let alone expensive. My dell's have a 24 hour turn around time, IE I get replacement parts within 24 hours or I get some serious compensation. Especially since KNC only sells to "businesses". You think any real business would put up with this kind of crap from one of its suppliers?
Bargraphics

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:42:20 PM

No, I expect when my customers and I spend 10k+ on a machine, regardless of the industry, to have support to go with it. Ive been in the IT industry my entire life, and not even HP's RMA process (one of the worst in the industry) is on the ultra-low level of KnC. Ive never seen a RMA processes handled so poorly in my life. No communication, no flexibility, nothing. I would NOT buy another product from this company, not when they are too busy talking about the next thing to fix their current product. Im surprised paypal has not nuked their account from Orbit.

I expect advanced RMA when dealing with something time sensitive, let alone expensive. My dell's have a 24 hour turn around time, IE I get replacement parts within 24 hours or I get some serious compensation. Especially since KNC only sells to "businesses". You think any real business would put up with this kind of crap from one of its suppliers?

Are you comparing a ~42 Billion Dollar company with a 10 Million Dollar company that just released it's first product?

Are you comparing a computer manufacturer who has hundreds of thousands of extra parts laying around to RMA with vs a company who might have a couple hundred?

Again you are comparing a Dell which has a fixed cost that doesn't fluctuate in the 24 hours that you RMA it, that doesn't have any sort of "Pre-Order" line that can be gamed tarnishing the image of the company.

I understand that you don't want to lose money while it is being RMA'd and they should as a company send some sort of compensation per Board that is sent back in based on current difficulty. This will be the only part that I agree with.

Is one of your boards completely dead or is it under performing?
Pages: « 1 ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: