Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
rayd89

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:29:52 PM

Yes
My 13 card 1070 rig showed only use of 2.61gb of ram

I took a 4GB stick out and left it with 4GB ram and it’s running like a champ

But yeah this CPU core saturation issue is bad.

ah thanks will unplug the other 4gb next maintanance Smiley
so the core usage is high for unknown reasons ?

not sure.  i can't even edit mine in windows. 

is SSH enabled? what's the default username/password?

m1/miner1 mate

I’m not sure why core usage is so high, I’m waiting on fullzero to respond Smiley

What mining client are you using?

I don't have access to the source code for the ewbf / zm / claymore clients:  if they are doing something wonky you need to ask the dev's themselves.

If there is some process other than a mining client utilizing the CPU intensively let me know.

I’m using claymore

Here is a picture of the htop screen showing core usage and process, any idea ?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x223/rayd89/FB045C2A-A398-4D45-A5C2-388D7CE3334F_zpsyyzvaob3.jpg
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:32:37 PM

Guys, I still have the freezing problem. Even with different motherboards and different usb's.
Rly the only solution is to get an ssd?

Hello there. I must say- Amazing stuff here.
Just had a one question. My Riggs sometimes restarts and when they do, after restart they enter in bios because the USB isn't recognized. I have to manually replug USB and then it boots up again.
I have a AsRock h110 BTC+ board and a 3.0 16gb usb stick

If you haven't tried this already, go into bios, under the "Boot" tab you have setting for "Fast Boot", set this to "Disabled". You can also increase "Setup Prompt Timeout" to 2 or 3 seconds. If that doesn't help you would have to try another USB stick (or buy the cheapest SSD).

So, is it freezing problem or is it system not detecting USB stick when it restarts, or both?
Have you tried the bios settings that I suggested?

Now, about the freezing... (which would eventually trigger the watchdog to reboot the system...). If it haapens with different motherboards and different USB's, getting a SSD wouldn't help much if something else is causing the freezing. There are few things that could cause freezing (most common):

1. excessive overclocking - reduce overclock, increase power limit
2. bad risers - replace riser
3. power strugle - make sure you don't draw more than 80% of the listed power supply rating; don't connect more than 2 risers to one SATA cable (eventually 3 for for 1050's and 1060's); check for loose connections
4. bad GPU - disconnect one by one to troubleshoot
5. bad USB stick or slow USB stick - replace it
6. bad bios setting - load default/optimized settings, enable 4g, set to (Gen1 or Gen2), disable on-board video
7. bad/damaged image of nvOC - reimage
8. bug in nvOC - update to the latest version

Give more details, error messages, screenshots, OC values. It's not easy to troubleshoot blindly

These are excellent troubleshooting suggestions.

Guys, I still have the freezing problem. Even with different motherboards and different usb's.
Rly the only solution is to get an ssd?

Please post your full rig component list (plus if using multiple PSUs how they are used / if they are joined / if they are connected to the same circuit) , the mining client / coin selection you are using. 

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:39:40 PM

Yes

not sure.  i can't even edit mine in windows. 

m1/miner1 mate

I’m not sure why core usage is so high, I’m waiting on fullzero to respond Smiley

I don't have access to the source code for the ewbf / zm / claymore clients:  if they are doing something wonky you need to ask the dev's themselves.

If there is some process other than a mining client utilizing the CPU intensively let me know.

I’m using claymore

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x223/rayd89/FB045C2A-A398-4D45-A5C2-388D7CE3334F_zpsyyzvaob3.jpg

Your link doesn't work.

I know that the Claymore client intermittently uses your CPU; but Claymore is closed source.

What CPU are you using; and for how many GPUs?

rayd89

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:45:23 PM

Yes

not sure.  i can't even edit mine in windows.  

m1/miner1 mate

I don't have access to the source code for the ewbf / zm / claymore clients:  if they are doing something wonky you need to ask the dev's themselves.

I’m using claymore

Your link doesn't work.

I know that the Claymore client intermittently uses your CPU; but Claymore is closed source.

What CPU are you using; and for how many GPUs?

Apologies about the link - this one should work
https://ibb.co/nQmARG

Im using 13 GTX 1070s on a Asrock BTC Pro with a G4560 pentium CPU on NVOC 0019
Moordact

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:02:27 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 09:40:23 PM by Moordact

I'm runnning my 12 gpu rigs gtx1070's

with some cheap ass pentium g4400, been using them for quite some time now.

with 4gb of ram only.

Does cpu actually make any difference if so what does it do?

Since i got this cpu validate error on mining BTX

---BTW

Looked into BTX coin, this coin is basically a legit- actual blockchain based ponzi...  I strongly suggest not hodling on this coin if mining and daily exchange it !!
ishie022

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:50:44 PM

Hi I know this is a  little too dumb,

I've read that the compressed file should be at least below 20GB, but in my case after using the provided link, It is way too bigger. Sad

https://i.imgur.com/MYGYxTs.png

Is there something wrong with the link? after I downloaded it, the file size is Only @ 5.99GB (which was posted). did I missed something?

all replies will be appreciated. Smiley
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:15:11 PM

I don't really know anything, but I'm worried you can't mine Bitcore on Linux since I only saw a Windows miner available.

Guys we can mine 'BTX' using nvOC v19.xx with the following additions:

Code:
COIN="BTX"

Coin Details :

Code:
BTX_WORKER="yourSuprNovaWorker"
BTX_ADDRESS="yourSuprNovaLogin"
BTX_POOL="stratum+tcp://btx.suprnova.cc:3629"
BTX_INTENSITY="21"

add this in 3main at right place

Code:
if [ $COIN == "BTX" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$BTX_ADDRESS.$BTX_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

I've tested this and it is working as expected, I am not sure about the earnings are up to the par, please tune the oc settings accordingly to get better yield!

If you have any issue mining this coin just reply to this message.

An error here:

m1@m1-desktop:~$ /home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY
ccminer 8.13-KlausT (64bit) for nVidia GPUs
Compiled with GCC 5.4 using Nvidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0

Based on pooler cpuminer 2.3.2 and the tpruvot@github fork
CUDA support by Christian Buchner, Christian H. and DJM34
Includes optimizations implemented by sp-hash, klaust, tpruvot and tsiv.

Illegal instruction

Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ /home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY

have you made this up or this is how you tried to mine (using the above command) ??

If you have add the above to 1bash and 3main as per the instructions, i have two answers :

Answer 1 try to reduce the Intensity to 20 prob. or may be even less and see if its running

Code:
BTX_INTENSITY="21"

Answer 2 try to change this

HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'

to

HCD='/home/m1/TPccminer/ccminer'

Thanks for adding another COIN selection damNmad:

I'll add it to the next update.

No probs mate, I have added some more coins recently, will push as an update to you, just the new coins.

You decide and add what you think need to be added.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:44:11 AM

Is there any need to edit it in windows before starting the first time ? other than for the reason so that you can mine right away after boot ?

The first one I set up I edited it first the next four rigs I built I did it after. You might lose out on five minutes of mining. I burn the USB and stick it straight in the rig and turn it on. Once it is up and running I edit the 1bash (which is much easier in Linux with the highlighting) and then save it and reboot.

I had an issue one time with a bad usb image. Not sure what happened but making sure it boots with the default setup before taking the time to edit the 1bash seems like a good time saving idea to me.

The only downside is you may not have your payment addresses where you can access them on the new Linux boot up. I HATE manually typing them out and always prefer to copy and paste. With multiple rigs I just SSH to another rig and copy and paste from one 1bash to another.
Easier way is to create yor 1bash and save it to pastebin as instructed in upPASTE,
On first boot open 1bash and setup upPASTE and reboot
upPASTE will read from pastebin and update your 1bash.

Another way to streamline ops is to create a master image.
You can actually mount the image directly and edit 1bash, then boot straight into known config the first time and start mining (so all config can be done offline)
In cases where you use static IPs/static rig name/any additional routes not passed on from DHCP/or custom miners not included in stock nvOC I found the following really helped instead of recompiling or copying things around:

1 Take the image with all your pretty customizations/compiles etc
2 Boot that image on every board at least once
3 set any static settings you require during that time (ip/worker name/static routes) then once you've done this for all the rigs, image that USB and it becomes your master (every rigs ethernet interface will be remembered as a separate interface, it helps to identify them as well at the time you're editing static settings).
Once you have your master image you can drop in the necessary 1bash or specific configs before you image your target USB.

3.5 create an image, this now becomes the master image for all your rigs.

4 It's a good idea to keep all the latest miner specific configs on the image - I use the 10Mb partition to keep 1bash and any other specific configs on the master image and copy the desired config as needed before imaging the usb.

This has saved me lots of time between upgrades as well as USB failures, I've had 3 USBs die in past few months and having one spare ready to go for any rig really helps minimizing downtime.

Editing an .img can be done as follows:

Code:

cd /path/to/where/saved/your/image
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0
sudo modprobe loop
sudo losetup -f
sudo losetup /dev/loop0 your master_image_file.img
sudo partprobe /dev/loop0
You should be able to browse the partitions on the image and add/edit any files (this is actually how I update the master with new functionality)

The commands below will help you resize any partitions on the image directly - was more useful before v0019 when the USB image required a true 16G USB, but this can still be useful for cloning from a larger SSD to a smaller one etc, or simply if you had chosen a larger usb to be the master, and then have to boot at least one rig from a smaller USB:

Code:
#to resize the partition
sudo gparted /dev/loop0
#(14230M) <-this is what I found fits on most 16Gig USBs
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0

fdisk -l master_image_file.img.img
# find the ending sector of your last partition - in the case if v0019 and a 1423M partition it seems to be sector 29163519
# the command below truncates your image one sector after the last partition sector - therefore shrinking the image to your desired capacity
truncate --size=$[(29163519+1)*512] master_image_file.img.img

This is a good guide; you can also make an image of your already configured nvOC usb using dd or disk in linux or HDDrawCopy in windows.

What way is best for any particular miner mostly depends on the number of rigs you are running.  With a large number of rigs it becomes significantly easier to use upPASTE; rather than any manual system of updating.

I haven't had any feedback on if users want to also be able to use dropbox (as suggested and implemented by papampi) to update 1bash / other files on multiple rigs. 

Right... I didn't get into how to make the image.
But once you have your image, I think being able to edit the images directly is useful. If one needs to manipulate static IPs/static routes and add/remove files... so adding them to an image before it's ever written can save time vs the three steps of: 1 initial imaging to USB, 2 copying your tweaks to the USB, 3 imaging back to an image. (and while you're imaging back, what is your miner doing? - at best mining using your backup USB with an old setup, or just sitting there waiting, and if you forget something, start over).
upPaste is great, but i think it pretty much deals with 1bash only or am I missing something?

rayd89

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:56:08 AM

Ok - so i've narrowed it down to a kworker process which is hogging all of a single core and causing the system to slow to a crawl and eventually freeze.
its alternating between kworker/3:7 or 3:10 or 3:6 or 3:9 or something similar.

does anyone know the best way to investigate what these kernel tasks are trying to do which is causing the system to slow so much?

screenshot of htop: https://ibb.co/g0FCOw

EDIT - this ONLY happens when i run 12+ GPU's this does not happen with 11 or less GPU's and i have changed risers/ swapped GPU's with no change.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:02:59 AM

with 4gb of ram only.

---BTW

Looked into BTX coin, this coin is basically a legit- actual blockchain based ponzi...  I strongly suggest not hodling on this coin if mining and daily exchange it !!

cpu validation error is nothing ignore it
cpu does not make difference in mining
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:29:06 AM

with 4gb of ram only.

---BTW

Ummm, sure CPU doesn’t make a difference in mining but a CPU validation error is different, it means something is up with the miner and it’s results aren’t correct. Usually a symptom of too high an overclock so try dropping that a bit and see if the errors go away.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:11:40 AM

with 4gb of ram only.

---BTW

Ummm, sure CPU doesn?t make a difference in mining but a CPU validation error is different, it means something is up with the miner and it?s results aren?t correct. Usually a symptom of too high an overclock so try dropping that a bit and see if the errors go away.

oh thank you didnt know that
faced this issue too when mining bitcore but nothing serious happened
Will try your way
hurvajs77

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:17:50 PM

change to p0 with:
Code:
GPUPowerMizerMode_Adjust="YES"

# Set PowerMizerMode
GPUPowerMizerMode=0

thanks Fullzero

I tried now, but cards has still P2 state...
Code:
m1@rig-bafomet:~$ sudo nvidia-smi
Sun Oct  1 06:38:13 2017
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 384.90                 Driver Version: 384.90                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   49C    P2   213W / 208W |    742MiB / 11171MiB |     98%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   47C    P2   168W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:03:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   47C    P2   183W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     99%      Default |
|   3  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:04:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   46C    P2   214W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     97%      Default |
|   4  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:08:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   47C    P2   184W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     98%      Default |
|   5  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:0B:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   49C    P2   206W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     98%      Default |
|   6  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:0C:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   51C    P2   159W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     94%      Default |
|   7  GeForce GTX 108...  Off  | 00000000:0D:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 50%   54C    P2   206W / 208W |    679MiB / 11172MiB |     98%      Default |

I'd like ask, if some possibility for turn of CUDA P2 state? Before using great nvOS I used Win, so there are option to disable CUDA P2 state that cause hash rate increase. Can make it in nvOS too?

Picture with settings under Win here: https://imgur.com/a/DzoU0
mikespax

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:35:25 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 06:10:12 PM by mikespax

I'm uncertain from the most recent replies. Did you guys figure out how to get BTX mining stable or is everyone having issues like I am?
--
I had intensity all the way to the minimum and it didn't help. I think maybe my CPU is too slow.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
Moordact

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:15:29 PM

I think you need to lower intensity for it to get stable
candymonkey

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:52:45 PM

please disregard my earlier comments about not having temperature controls after updating to beta. Just had to slowly put my rig back together and it seems to be running stable on 13 cards.

Does anyone know how to mix amd and nvidia on linux?
mikespax

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:58:11 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 07:14:37 PM by mikespax

please disregard my earlier comments about not having temperature controls after updating to beta. Just had to slowly put my rig back together and it seems to be running stable on 13 cards.

Does anyone know how to mix amd and nvidia on linux?

The official word is: you don't. Well not on nvOC at least I believe.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
moofone

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:46:28 PM

I was in a screen -x miner watching output and killed the screen. How do you restart the screen miner output if the miner screen is accidentally closed? The watchdog doesn't seem smart enough to re-create the screen.

Sun Oct  1 15:40:08 EDT 2017 - Utilization is too low: restart 3main

looping over and over until the machine reboots.
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:14:28 PM

I was in a screen -x miner watching output and killed the screen. How do you restart the screen miner output if the miner screen is accidentally closed? The watchdog doesn't seem smart enough to re-create the screen.

Sun Oct  1 15:40:08 EDT 2017 - Utilization is too low: restart 3main

looping over and over until the machine reboots.

you cant use F12 or the Guake shortcut on the left ?
Moordact

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:57:27 PM

Guys

I'm running atm only 4 rigs - each 12 gpu 1070 Gtx

Running zcash with EFWB

3/4 running v1,2
1 running v0,19

all of them have these dips. in hashrate look image https://image.prntscr.com/image/M5Fsk68MSIKtwTcVIL8vUA.png

what can I do?.

I tried ZM miner , however sometimes I got this network error. I follow the miner's topic on bttalk and latest version could contain a fix for this. waiting for fullzero to release 1,3.

What can I do other than this? any suggestions?
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: