Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:56:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:24:07 PM

Possible to mine nicehash equihash only?

When will KMD be integrated?

damNmad is working on this and some other coins, I will add in a BETA 4update with some other changes when he is done. See:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg21422521#msg21422521

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

Possible to mine nicehash equihash only?

When will KMD be integrated?

Guide to add  KMD

Code:
COIN="KMD"

Add coin details

Code:
KMD_WORKER="xxxx"
KMD_ADDRESS="xxxxxx"
KMD_POOL="kmd.suprnova.cc"
KMD_PORT="6250"

Add this to 3main file in right place:

Code:
if [ $COIN == "KMD" ]
then

if [ $EWBF_VERSION == "3_3" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KMD/v3_3/miner'
fi

if [ $EWBF_VERSION == "3_4" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KMD/v3_4/miner'
fi

KMDADDR="$KMD_ADDRESS.$KMD_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $KMD_POOL --user $KMDADDR --pass z --port $KMD_PORT;

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

@fullzero I'm getting prepared all the coins (stuck with cryptonight algo coins ATM), will share once its ready.

I have a question, what coins can we mine with ethminer (all 3 versions 11, 12dev, genoil) ?

Can we mine any ethash coin using ethminer?? My point is when we mine any ethash like EXP, UBQ, MUSIC, SOIL its better mine then with 0 fee uing ethminer?

I've tried to mine SOIL, but no success so far with ethminer, if someone succeeded using ethminer for any ethash, can you please share your 1bash and 3main, would like to integrate it with my version.

Thanks.

Thanks for adding more COIN selections.  Grin

With genoil and ethminer some coins need the -SP 2 or -SP 1 argument to work correctly. 

I haven't done comparative testing of Claymore vs ethminer vs genoil for EXP, UBQ, MUSIC, SOIL ect so I am unsure which has the best performance.

With SOIL; maybe adding the: -SP 2 or -SP 1 argument is needed.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Hi guys,

Did anyone had any problems with autoreboot when running headless rig? It seems like sometimes after autoreboot my rig doesn't want to start the miner and I have to manually reboot the rig for the miner to start and sometimes after autoreboot it starts the mining as expected.

Has anyone seen this before? If somebody knows the solution to this I would be verythankul.

Also fullzero you said that celeron isn't the best for 13x rig , what processor should be used for better stability and could it be the processor that causes this ?

I recommend using a g4560 or better CPU; if you are using a celeron the CPU might be the problem.

So you think this problem with autoreboot might be due to the CPU? It's strange that sometimes it can reboot itself with no problem even 3 times in a row and sometimes it reboots but the miner doesn't start. I will get a new processor for my new rigs , but I don't really understand how this depends on the CPU since it happens in different times. Shouldn't this be happening everytime if the CPU isn't powerful enough ?

Can somebody with a full P106-100 rig confirm that v0019 works on your rig and OC values apply? I am away from my rig atm so can't test this myself .

I would also like to know if v0019 using P106-100 mode works as intended,
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:50:14 PM

For those using the ASRock H110 BTC+, is there an easy way I am missing to know which slot is assigned to which GPU#? I know the PCI-E 16x slot is GPU 0, but what is the naming convention for the others?
run
Code:
nvidia-smi
in guake terminal it will give you Bus-Id

Code:
lshw
will give you more details too

Thank you so much. I am not sure these commands quite get me what I am looking for, though I may be missing something.

In my setups I have 13 GTX 1060 GB cards. I am hoping for some way to figure out which one is 0, which is 1, 2, 3, etc. Not sure if those reports show any type of serial number that ties out to something on the card or otherwise, or if the physical slots always assign in a certain way when all full? Still realizing that 0 is the 16x slot, I am ultimately hoping to "catalog" my cards to keep track of how each overclocks.

In windows is impossible cause your GPU number change after each reboot, in linux is another hand.
GPU number is linked from hardware so a basic GPU0 is your primary x16, GPU1 is the slot on top on x16 is u have one, and for all other u just follow build sequence.
M2 slot will always be last GPU number from top to down like pci port.

Thanks so much. Not 100% sure I follow; based on what you said, would it be like what I am showing in blue, red, or some other pattern I am not thinking of?

For me it would be blue path Wink
What's the max gpu nvOC can support ?

I am not sure but actually 13 gpu, if u know a little about linux u prolly can edit 3main to handle more them 13 GPU.
Linux dont have about GPU limit like windows have.

The current Ubuntu kernel can properly support up to 16x GPUs.  nvOC v0018+ can OC 16x.  The kernel can be modified to support more, which I am sure someone will do; as there is the 19x mobo coming out soon.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:56:23 PM

Here is a script to get notification from telegram. It has some comments expaining what it does and how.
Really the idea is that, only notify if a problem is detected and /or send a standar report.
At the moment the "error and report part" is not finish.. I am looking forward next week to finish that bit.
In the mean time it can be run from cron to send reports.
I don't have Nvoc installed but it should not be problematic to run the script over ubuntu.
I hope that many of you dare to deal with bash scripting and customize the script according to your needs so that I've written so many comments.
I am not a bash/linux guru but I'll be happy to help if I can.
Please read the comments on the script before you play with it and don't run it as root if possible.
Note that, I remove full path to commands in order to make it as much compatible as possible over different linux distros.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Telegram Info Script
# By BaliMiner et al...
# for nvOC by fullzero
# ref: http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/75-debian/351-debian-send-telegram-notification
# and mod by kk003
# OS: Centos 7 (tested on ubuntu too)
# Script name: telegram-info.sh

# You can run the script from cron like this:
## $ crontab -e (press the "i" key to insert) add this line without the "##":
#
## 00 11 * * * /home/m1/telegram-info.sh >> /home/m1/telegram_rig.log
#
# Then press "ESC" key to scape the insertion mode, then ":" key, then "wq" to Write file and Quit
# The above line wil send you a report every day at 11AM
# You must save the script into root dir of user m1 (/home/m1) for the obove to work
# Don't forget to $ chmod 700 telegram-info.sh

# You must create a bot and get the Chatid + apikey.
# Fallow the link http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/75-debian/351-debian-send-telegram-notification to do so
# and some goggling if you need it

# Data Telegram
CHATID=YOUR CHAT ID GOES HERE # Put here your chat ID
APIKEY="YOUR API KEY GOES HERE" # Put here your Api key

# Number of gpus I know for sure the sistem must have (change this to nº of gpus your system have)
NUMBER_GPUS_FOR_SURE=13

# String I search for to check if I am running claymore
KEY_CLAYMORE="ethdcrminer64" # Exec for Claumor 9.8. Other vesions may have a different name
# You must check if this entry is right for your
      # system to get the script runnin correctly

# If claymore is running use the provided data?
USE_CLAYMORE_STATICS="YES" # YES or NO

# Aliases
# Cos telegram cut off the lines I want to make them as short as possible
# Just add the gpu name such as is showed by nvidia-smi follow by the alias you want
# Fields must be space separated
MODELS=("GeForce GTX 1060 3GB" "GF1060_3G" "GeForce GTX 1060 6GB" "GF1060_6G")

# Query arguments for nvidia-smi
# You can get a complete list of the query arguments by issuing: nvidia-smi --help-query-gpu
# Add what you want here. Args must be coma separated
NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS="index,gpu_name,gpu_bus_id,pstate,utilization.gpu,power.draw,temperature.gpu,fan.speed,clocks.mem,clocks.gr,memory.used"

# Error exit codes (or RETURN VALUE as nvidia call them) for nvidia-smi
# I'll treat them as an array so in couples; even value is the code number and odd value is the text that explains it
NVIDIA_SMI_RETURN_VALUE=(
    "0" "Success"
    "2" "A supplied argument or flag is invalid"
    "3" "The requested operation is not available on target device"
    "4" "The current user does not have permission to access this device or perform this operation"
    "6" "A query to find an object was unsuccessful"
    "8" "A device is external power cables are not properly attached"
    "9" "NVIDIA driver is not loaded"
    "10" "NVIDIA Kernel detected an interrupt issue with a GPU"
    "12" "NVML Shared Library couldn't be found or loaded"
    "13" "Local version of NVML doesn't implement this function"
    "14" "infoROM is corrupted"
    "15" "The GPU has fallen off the bus or has otherwise become inaccessible"
    "255" "Other error or internal driver error occurred"
)

LF=$'\n' # New line

function my_custom_mods ()
{

# I organize some things my way
# comment out the call to this function and you will get the standar output from nvidia-smi
###
# Beginning of block
###

# Save header and remove it from the csv file
CSV_HEADER=$(head -n 1 nvidia_smi_values.csv)     # Save the header of csv file
sed -i -e "1d" nvidia_smi_values.csv              # Remove the header (first line of file)

##### Changing the gpu's name for the alias (if I have it)
#
# First must check that elements in the array are a even number (Multiples of 2) and is not empty
MODELS_LENGTH=${#MODELS[@]} # Get number of elements

if [[ $MODELS_LENGTH -ne 0 ]]; then # Is not empty?

if [[ $((MODELS_LENGTH%2)) -eq 0 ]]; then   # Number of elements is even?. If so I assume names and alias are well matched in array

for ((INDEX_EVEN=0; INDEX_EVEN < $MODELS_LENGTH ; INDEX_EVEN=INDEX_EVEN+2)) # First element of array have index 0
        do                                                                          # Even elements are the gpu names, odd elements are alias

NAME_GPU_IN_ARRAY=${MODELS[$INDEX_EVEN]}                                # Get the name of the gpu in array
            INDEX_ODD=$(($INDEX_EVEN + 1))                                          # +1 to get the alias index
            ALIAS_GPU_IN_ARRAY=${MODELS[$INDEX_ODD]}                                # Get the alias of the gpu in array

# Find and replace gpu name if exists
            sed -i "s/${NAME_GPU_IN_ARRAY}/${ALIAS_GPU_IN_ARRAY}/g" nvidia_smi_values.csv

done

# I get this way out if number of elements in array are odd and I don't replace names for alias
    else
        echo "Number of elements in variable MODELS are odd and I don't replace gpu names for alias."
        echo "Check variable MODELS if you want to replace names for alias"
    fi

# I get this way out if array in variable MODELS is empty
else
    echo "Variable MODELS is empty and I don't replace gpu names for alias."
    echo "Check variable MODELS if you want to replace names for alias"
fi

##### END of Changing gpu's name by the alias (if I have it)

# I don't want any spaces but to align thing
sed -i 's/ //g' nvidia_smi_values.csv

# Get number of elements on NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS variable
NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS_LENGTH=$(echo $NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS | sed 's/[^,]//g' | wc -c)

# Review all the elements in variable NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS and do some mods about the output for some fields
for ((INDEX=1; INDEX <= $NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS_LENGTH ; INDEX=INDEX+1)) # Gives me the column number
do

NVIDIA_SMI_ARGUMENT=$(echo $NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS | cut -d, -f $INDEX)    # Gives me the name of nvidia-smi argument on array

#### Arrange the output for the "index" nvidia-smi argument
    #### I want to aling numbers <= 9 if I have more than 9 gpus so I add a space in front

if [[ "$NVIDIA_SMI_ARGUMENT" == "index" && $GPU_COUNT -gt 10 ]]; then
LINES_TO_MODIFY=10

for ((L=1; L <= $LINES_TO_MODIFY ; L=L+1))
do
    OLD_VALUE=`sed -n -e "${L}p" nvidia_smi_values.csv | cut -d, -f$INDEX`      # Extraigo el dato original
    NEW_VALUE=" "$OLD_VALUE
    sed -i "$L"'s/^\(\([^,]*,\)\{'"$(($INDEX -1))"'\}\)[^,]*/\1'"$NEW_VALUE"'/' nvidia_smi_values.csv
done
    fi

#### END of Arrange the output for the "index" nvidia-smi argument

#### Arrange the output for the "pci.bus_id" nvidia-smi argument
    #### I don't want the "00000000:" at the beginning

if [[ "$NVIDIA_SMI_ARGUMENT" == "gpu_bus_id" ]]; then
        LINES_TO_MODIFY=$GPU_COUNT

do
            OLD_VALUE=`sed -n -e "${L}p" nvidia_smi_values.csv | cut -d, -f$INDEX`      # Extraigo el dato original
            NEW_VALUE=$(echo "$OLD_VALUE" | sed "s/00000000://")
            sed -i "$L"'s/^\(\([^,]*,\)\{'"$(($INDEX -1))"'\}\)[^,]*/\1'"$NEW_VALUE"'/' nvidia_smi_values.csv
        done
    fi

#### END of Arrange the output for the "index" nvidia-smi argument

#### Arrange the output for the "utilization.gpu" nvidia-smi argument
    #### I want to aling values to the right and keep the "%"

if [[ "$NVIDIA_SMI_ARGUMENT" == "utilization.gpu" ]]; then

do
    LEN=${#OLD_VALUE}

case $LEN in

2) NEW_VALUE="  "$OLD_VALUE
;;
    3) NEW_VALUE=" "$OLD_VALUE
;;
    *) NEW_VALUE=$OLD_VALUE
;;
    esac

done
    fi

#### END of Arrange the output for the "utilization.gpu" nvidia-smi argument

#### Arrange the output for the "temperature.gpu" nvidia-smi argument
    #### I want to aling values to the right and add the "ºC"

if [[ "$NVIDIA_SMI_ARGUMENT" == "temperature.gpu" ]]; then

do
            LEN=${#OLD_VALUE}
    CENTIGRADO="ºC"

case $LEN in

1)  NEW_VALUE="  "$OLD_VALUE$CENTIGRADO
;;
    2)  NEW_VALUE=" "$OLD_VALUE$CENTIGRADO
    ;;
    *)  NEW_VALUE=$OLD_VALUE$CENTIGRADO
    ;;
    esac

done
    fi

#### END of Arrange the output for the "temperature.gpu" nvidia-smi argument

done

# Insert the whole header line as the first one
sed -i "1s/^/$CSV_HEADER\n/" nvidia_smi_values.csv

###
# End of block with custom my mods
###

}

function claymore_statics ()
{
#### Arrange the output for claymore statics

if [[ "$USE_CLAYMORE_STATICS" == "YES" ]]; then

# Check if claymore is running
    if  pgrep -x "$KEY_CLAYMORE" > /dev/null
    then
CLAYMORE_IS_RUNNING="YES"
echo
echo "It seems that Claymore is running!!"

#
# Don't know why http://localhost:3333 access forces claymore's output to show up a line like:
# "GPU #XX: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 3013 MB available, 9 compute units, capability: 6.1", one line x gpu in the system
# Get the latest total hashrates
LATEST_TOTAL_HASHRATES=`curl -s http://localhost:3333 | sed '/Total/!d; /Speed/!d;' | awk '{print $6}'`
echo -e "Latest Total Hashrates :\n$LATEST_TOTAL_HASHRATES" > latest_total_hashrates.txt

# Get the indivual gpus hashrates and remove some charaters and spaces I don't want
GPUS_HASHRATES=`curl -s http://localhost:3333 | sed '/ETH: GPU/!d' | awk 'NR == 3' | sed 's/[^GPU]*\(GPU.*\)/\1/' | sed 's/ M/M/g' | sed 's/ G/G/g'`
# Make the string with individual hashrates vertical replacing "," for new line "\n" and removing the "GPUX" part
echo $GPUS_HASHRATES | sed "s/,/\n/g" | sed 's/^[^ ]* //' > gpus_hashrate.txt

# Get total individual and rejected shares and for how long claymore is runing in one single string
# For 13 gpus should look something like this:
# Speed: 318.710 Mh/s, Total Shares: 15835(1233+1212+1226+1256+1216+1243+1228+1303+1220+1177+1237+1209+1222), Rejected: 0, Time: 55:32
#
SOME_GPUS_DATA_FROM_CLAYMORE=`curl -s http://localhost:3333 | sed '/ETH - Total/!d; /Speed/!d; /(/!d; /+/!d; s/[^Speed]*\(Speed.*\)/\1/;' | awk 'NR == 3'`

# Get the total shares
TOTAL_SHARES=$(echo $SOME_GPUS_DATA_FROM_CLAYMORE | cut -d"(" -f 1 | cut -d" " -f 6)

# Get the individual shares (I capture the values between the two parentheses)
# and replace the "+" signs for new line so I set the data vertical
echo $SOME_GPUS_DATA_FROM_CLAYMORE | sed 's/^.*(//; s/).*$//; s/+/\n/g' > individual_shares.txt

# Get the rejected shares and remove de ","
REJECTED_SHARES=$(echo $SOME_GPUS_DATA_FROM_CLAYMORE | cut -d" " -f 8 | sed 's/,//')

# How long claymore has been running?
TIME_CLAYMORE_IS_RUNNING=$(echo $SOME_GPUS_DATA_FROM_CLAYMORE | cut -d" " -f 10)

# Creating a vertical gpux list
# If the file exists and is not empty clear it
if [[ -s v_gpus.txt ]]; then
    > v_gpus.txt
fi

LINES_TO_ADD=$(($GPU_COUNT - 1))

for ((L=0; L <= $LINES_TO_ADD ; L=L+1))
      do
case "$L" in

0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
echo "GPU $L" >> v_gpus.txt
;;
*)
echo "GPU$L" >> v_gpus.txt
;;
esac
      done

# Paste the whole vertical thing together
paste -d, v_gpus.txt individual_shares.txt gpus_hashrate.txt > claymore_statics.tmp

# Mount the header field for claymore statics
CLAYMOR_STATICS_HEADER="Index, Shares, Hashrate"

# Insert the whole header line as the first one
sed -i "1s/^/$CLAYMOR_STATICS_HEADER\n/" claymore_statics.tmp

# Insert a new line on top
sed -i "1s/^/\n/" claymore_statics.tmp

# Add the list of latest total hashrates and put it all togather
cat latest_total_hashrates.txt claymore_statics.tmp > claymore_statics.txt

# Insert the Title for claymore mining information
sed -i "1s/^/** Claymore mining  Information **\n/" claymore_statics.txt
sed -i "1s/^/\n/" claymore_statics.txt

# At the end of file add
echo " " >> claymore_statics.txt
echo "Total shares     :" $TOTAL_SHARES >> claymore_statics.txt
echo "Rejected shares  :" $REJECTED_SHARES >> claymore_statics.txt
echo "Claymore up time :" $TIME_CLAYMORE_IS_RUNNING >> claymore_statics.txt

else
echo "Claymore does not seem to be running!!. Skiping this bit."
CLAYMORE_IS_RUNNING="NO"
    fi

fi

#### END of Arrange the output for claymore statics

}

function salida ()
{
END_TIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"`

echo "$MSG"
echo
echo "End time: " $END_TIME

echo
echo "**************************"
echo
exit
}

START_TIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"`
echo "Start time: " $START_TIME

# Is the script already running?. If so exit
echo -n "Process ID :"
if pidof -x $(basename $0); then
    for p in $(pidof -x $(basename $0)); do
        if [ $p -ne $$ ]; then
        echo "$0 already running. Exiting..."
            salida # exit
        fi
    done
fi

#
# Collect some info from the system
#

# Clear the file's content if exists and is not empty
if [[ -s system_data.txt ]]; then
    > system_data.txt
fi

# Title for system information
echo "** System information **" >> system_data.txt

# Hostname
echo -n "Hostname : " >> system_data.txt
hostname >> system_data.txt
# Ips
echo -n "Ips      : " >> system_data.txt
hostname -I >> system_data.txt
#
# Up since
echo -n "Up since : " >> system_data.txt
uptime -s >> system_data.txt
#
# Up time
echo -n "Up time  : " >> system_data.txt
uptime >> system_data.txt
#
# who is in the system
echo "Connected users : " >> system_data.txt
who >> system_data.txt

# Here I check if there is an open sesion on any display (like display 0). If not may be the x server is down
DISPLAY=$(who | grep "(:")

if [[ -z "$DISPLAY" ]]; then
    echo "Not a user on any Display. May be X server is NOT running" >> system_data.txt
fi

echo "" >> system_data.txt

#
# Number of gpus nvidia-smi reports
#
GPU_COUNT=$(nvidia-smi --query-gpu=count --format=csv,noheader,nounits | tail -1)

echo "System is reporting : $GPU_COUNT Gpus" >> system_data.txt
echo "System should have  : $NUMBER_GPUS_FOR_SURE Gpus" >> system_data.txt

if [[ $GPU_COUNT -ne $NUMBER_GPUS_FOR_SURE ]]; then
    echo "MAY BE A PROBLEM; we should have $NUMBER_GPUS_FOR_SURE GPUs but nvidia-smi only reports $GPU_COUNT" >> system_data.txt
fi

echo "" >> system_data.txt

# Get the gpus's info I am interested in
nvidia-smi --query-gpu=$NVIDIA_SMI_QUERY_ARGUMENTS --format=csv -f nvidia_smi_values.csv

# I organize some things my way. Just comment out the call to the function and/or
# delete the whole function if you don't like it and you will get the standar output from nvidia-smi
my_custom_mods # Comment out this line if you don't want my custom mods

# Insert the Title for nvidia-smi report
sed -i "1s/^/** Nvidia-smi Information **\n/" nvidia_smi_values.csv

# Peek up the claymore statics if configured so
claymore_statics

# Put the System info+nvidia-smi+mining info together
if [[ "$USE_CLAYMORE_STATICS" == "YES" && "$CLAYMORE_IS_RUNNING" == "YES" ]]; then
    cat system_data.txt nvidia_smi_values.csv claymore_statics.txt > report.txt
else
    cat system_data.txt nvidia_smi_values.csv > report.txt
fi

CONTENT=$(cat report.txt)

MSG="$CONTENT"

curl -s -X POST --output /dev/null https://api.telegram.org/bot${APIKEY}/sendMessage -d "text=${MSG}" -d chat_id=${CHATID}
CODE_CURL=$?

# Check if the mgs went out ok
if [[ $CODE_CURL -eq 0 ]]; then
    echo "Msg send ok!!"
else
    echo "Got a non zero exit code from curl : $CODE_CURL . The message has probably not reached its destination"
fi

salida # exit

I am going to add everyones telegram variants as selectable options in the next 1bash.  Please configure to work with the existing v0019 telegram daemon vs using cron.  Modifying cron is vastly inferior to starting / killing a process IMO.  None of the nvOC execution logic is setup to work with cron; and using it is likely to cause problems.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:03:24 PM

So I can't get the terminal to mine.
It just keeps running in a loop loading the power settings and detecting the GPU's, where as in v18 it'd load the cuss cores it just restarts the initial detection phase over and over.

There are 2 things that come to mind:

1:

You have entered an invalid COIN selection in 1bash; perhaps a typo or using lowercase letters.  Try changing 1bash to :

Code:
COIN="ZEC"

to test.

2:

If that isn't the problem then;

there is something wrong with the image: I would try another USB key or re-imaging the same one.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:06:18 PM

How to setup telegram for nvoc0019

Open your telegram and send /newbot to @BotFather
It will ask for name, send your desired bot name EX.  Mining Rigs Info
Then it ask for a username for your bot , send your desired unique username EX. papampi_mining_nvoc0019
it will give you an HTTP API token EX.     HTTP API: 408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g
Put it in your 1bash  like this :
Code:
TELEGRAM_APIKEY="408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g"
Now send /getid to @myidbot
It will give you a 8 digit number put it in 1bash :
Code:
 TELEGRAM_CHATID="97994065"
Thats it.
You will get some info every 30 min.
You can edit your telegram file and get more info
I will send my edited telegram for more info later today.

Thanks for the guide  Grin  I will link it to the OP.

I expect this will be more difficult for those unfamiliar with telegram.  For this reason I think a video demo would be the most helpful.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

Telegram with some detailed info for ewbf

First you need to edit 3main to enable ewbf log, find the ewbf line and make it like this:

Code:
screen -dmS miner $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT  --log 2 --logfile ewbf.log;
Also its better to add ewbf.log to clear_logs file so it get cleared on every boot and dont give you old info on boot time.
Here is what I'm using for my telegram,
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Telegram Info Script
# By BaliMiner et al...
# for nvOC by fullzero
# ref: http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/75-debian/351-debian-send-telegram-notification
#

source ~/1bash

CHATID=$TELEGRAM_CHATID
APIKEY=$TELEGRAM_APIKEY
HASH_RATE=$(tail -n 30 ewbf.log |grep GPU0:| tail -n 1)
TOTAL_HASH_RATE=$(tail -n 30 ewbf.log |grep Total| tail -n 1)
SYSTEM_BOOT_TIME=$(uptime -s)
SYSTEM_UP_TIME=$(uptime -p)
GPU_COUNT=$(nvidia-smi -L | tail -n 1| cut -c 5 |awk '{ SUM += $1+1} ; { print SUM }')
MINER_UP_TIME=$(ps -p `pgrep miner` -o etime | grep -v ELAPSED)
GPU_UTILIZATIONS=$(nvidia-smi --query-gpu=utilization.gpu --format=csv,noheader,nounits)
TEMP=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=temperature.gpu --format=csv,noheader)
PD=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=power.draw --format=csv,noheader)
FAN=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=fan.speed --format=csv,noheader)
LF=$'\n'
MSG=" Worker: $WORKERNAME
System Boot Time: $SYSTEM_BOOT_TIME
System Up Time: $SYSTEM_UP_TIME
Miner Uptime: $MINER_UP_TIME
GPU Count: $GPU_COUNT
$TOTAL_HASH_RATE
$LF Hash Rate:
$HASH_RATE
$LF GPU Utilizations:
$GPU_UTILIZATIONS
$LF GPU Temps:
$TEMP
$LF GPU Fan Speeds:
$FAN
$LF Power Draws:
$PD"

/usr/bin/curl -s -X POST --output /dev/null https://api.telegram.org/bot${APIKEY}/sendMessage -d "text=${MSG}" -d chat_id=${CHATID}

You can test your telegram by runnung telegram command in guake or from ssh, no need to wait for it
Code:
./telegram

Edit it to your liking and share with us.

Thanks for sharing.  Smiley

I will add your variant as a selectable option in the next 1bash / include it the next update download.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:17:22 PM

Easy solution with telegram notification if reboot needed for update:
Make a file to check if reboot is required:
nano reboot-required
Code:
#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ]; then
  echo 'yes'
else
echo 'No'
fi
Code:
chmod +x reboot-required

Add to your telegram file
Code:
REBOOT_REQUIRED=$(/home/m1/reboot-required)

and add to the MSG part of telegram :
Code:
Reboot Required: $REBOOT_REQUIRED

I'm Loving the Telegram Notification ... Wink

This is a nice addition. 

Telegrams open up a lot of possibilities.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:20:23 PM

So Claymore v10 just dropped

https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMinerLegacy/issues/255

What's the best way to upgrade claymore in NVOC v0019?

Download the Linux version on rig from this link :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B69wv2iqszefdFZUV2toUG5HdlU

extract it (right click extract here)

Go to /home/m1/eth (can do it using GUI)

rename the 9_8 to 9_8_xx

copy the latest claymore folder from downloads and paste it in the above eth folder and rename it to 9_8.

It should work normally (this is the easiest work around, you don't need to edit any 1bash or 3main).

I've seen a little increase in dual mining lbc hashrates.

This is a good solution.  Smiley
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:21:49 PM

Then it ask for a username for your bot , send your desired unique username EX. papampi_mining_nvoc0019
it will give you an HTTP API token EX.     HTTP API: 408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g
Code:
Code:
Thats it.

I expect this will be more difficult for those unfamiliar with telegram.  For this reason I think a video demo would be the most helpful.

Will edit it and make some changes to be more understanding for those not much familiar with telegram.
I'm not so good with making video

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:25:21 PM

In my system both 5_restartlog and 6_autotemplog are empty,
how do I enable logging ?

First ensure the CLEAR_LOGS (I don't remember the exact name of the variable off the top of my head) is set to NO in 1bash;

then open the bash files and you will see where logging is commented out / or you can redirect output as desired. 

_Parallax_ has a method for universal logging; that I will most likely use for v002; rather than adding logs for every client / daemon / event
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:26:44 PM

I've formatted another drive with 0019 and it just doesn't boot into ubuntu now.
It loads to a login screen with user M1 and when I put in miner1 is just hangs....
Try it once again with HDD Raw Copy Tool. I had the same issue a few days ago and now everything works fine.

Might be a problem with Etcher and v0019. 
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:28:56 PM

Code:
Code:
Thats it.

Will edit it and make some changes to be more understanding for those not much familiar with telegram.
I'm not so good with making video

Np; I will make one later then unless someone else wants to do it.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:34:23 PM

@fullzero

please help me, howto log ethminer console on a log file

Find ethminer line in 3main and add this to the end of it
Code:
2>&1 | tee your_log-file_name.log

like this :

Code:
screen -dmS miner $HCD -S $UBQ_POOL -O $UBQADDR:x -U   2>&1 | tee your_log-file_name.log

I tried but the log file was empty

My guess is you will most likely need to redirect the screen to a log and not ethminer; but I haven't tried it.
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 08:40:03 PM

In my system both 5_restartlog and 6_autotemplog are empty,
how do I enable logging ?

First ensure the CLEAR_LOGS (I don't remember the exact name of the variable off the top of my head) is set to NO in 1bash;

then open the bash files and you will see where logging is commented out / or you can redirect output as desired. 

_Parallax_ has a method for universal logging; that I will most likely use for v002; rather than adding logs for every client / daemon / event

Thanx
Now I can check/monnitor all with
Code:
 tail -f 5_restartlog 6_autotemplog ewbf.log

helpme85

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

@fullzero

please help me, howto log ethminer console on a log file

Find ethminer line in 3main and add this to the end of it
Code:
2>&1 | tee your_log-file_name.log

like this :

Code:
screen -dmS miner $HCD -S $UBQ_POOL -O $UBQADDR:x -U   2>&1 | tee your_log-file_name.log

I tried but the log file was empty

My guess is you will most likely need to redirect the screen to a log and not ethminer; but I haven't tried it.
What do I need to do? I will try
gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:07:34 PM

I've formatted another drive with 0019 and it just doesn't boot into ubuntu now.
It loads to a login screen with user M1 and when I put in miner1 is just hangs....
Try it once again with HDD Raw Copy Tool. I had the same issue a few days ago and now everything works fine.

Might be a problem with Etcher and v0019. 

Well, I was using etcher (Win7) for making v0019 image
and it works just fine
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 09:15:51 PM

Making some more changes to my telegram
This is how it looks now :

Code:
Worker: nv101
System Boot Time: 2017-09-03 00:51:38
System Up Time: up 47 minutes
Miner Uptime:       46:27
Reboot Required: No
GPU Count: 6
Total speed: 2648 Sol/s

Hash Rate:
GPU0: 445 Sol/s GPU1: 444 Sol/s GPU2: 445 Sol/s GPU3: 441 Sol/s GPU4: 436 Sol/s GPU5: 437 Sol/s

Temp, Fan, Power:
GPU 0, Target temp: 70, Current: 70, Diff: 0, Fan: 93, Power: 108.98
GPU 1, Target temp: 70, Current: 70, Diff: 0, Fan: 65, Power: 131.45
GPU 2, Target temp: 70, Current: 67, Diff: 3, Fan: 60, Power: 130.72
GPU 3, Target temp: 70, Current: 69, Diff: 1, Fan: 70, Power: 131.53
GPU 4, Target temp: 70, Current: 69, Diff: 1, Fan: 80, Power: 128.37
GPU 5, Target temp: 70, Current: 70, Diff: 0, Fan: 60, Power: 127.46

Dhodge87

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:26:58 PM

Thanks I just used Raw Copy to copy one of my other rigs with V0018 and gave up on V0019.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: