Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 10:54:44 AM

Guys what is SRR option?

also when i set minimum temp=25 or lower, it wont go lower than 30

(using v0019 with updating)
Why you wana set it to 25 or lower ?
Even a standby GPU temp is higher than that.
Dont kill your fans just to take temp down.

no i fu**** question Cheesy

I want to set fans to lower than 30, it wont do it...
lol, almost same answer
Don't kill your GPU to save the fan.
If I remember correctly It won't go lower, because minimum fan speed is 29.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:06:10 AM

Hello papampi; hope you are well Smiley

I believe we can compile it well but when we try to use it fails to mine with some weird errors!! or it has been fixed?
Hi mate
Could you manage to mine sib x11ghost?
Any miner I try give me some kind of error.

especial

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:34:15 AM

Hi guys

i have a problem if anyone can give me a fix. I am using Salfter profit switch MPH or nicehash, but it automatically gives me ethminer. is there any way to set it using claymore instead or if it is also possible to set it if mining eth (most profitable) it starts in dual mining mode.
thanks
fattoad

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:00:32 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 12:15:00 PM by fattoad

Greetings, i am in the process of setting up a 13 card rig to see what the world of mining is like. So i have run into an issue that seems odd. I have looked around and have not seen it. So here it is.

My miner keeps telling me it failed to connect to the host and i am not sure why. I am trying to use suprnova.cc pool

I set coin to ZEN
I then changed my worker name to my pool worker name
i have set the address to stratum+tcp://zen.suprnova.cc
i have set the port to 3618
and i have put my wallet address in.

So what am i missing? On my Windows rig i have to put worker name and password info in but i do not see any place to enter that. then when i start it up it just keeps failing to connect to host.

I've issue with connecting to stratum pool using EWBF;

try this:
Code:
ZEN_WORKER="yourSuprnovaWorkerName"
ZEN_ADDRESS="yourSuprNovaLoginName"
ZEN_POOL="zen.suprnova.cc"
ZEN_PORT="3618"

This should work; let me know if it doesn't.

ok progress has been made but now I am getting a stratum authorization error. below is basically what I have. do I not need to put the worker password somewhere? also I do appreciate the help. thanks

ZEN_WORKER="tempworker1"
ZEN_PORT="3618"

well I feel real stupid. I am up and running. thank you for the help. I miss typed name I used the log in info not the user name. it was a me issue lol
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 12:27:50 PM

Greetings, i am in the process of setting up a 13 card rig to see what the world of mining is like. So i have run into an issue that seems odd. I have looked around and have not seen it. So here it is.

My miner keeps telling me it failed to connect to the host and i am not sure why. I am trying to use suprnova.cc pool

I set coin to ZEN

So what am i missing? On my Windows rig i have to put worker name and password info in but i do not see any place to enter that. then when i start it up it just keeps failing to connect to host.

try this:
Code:
ZEN_PORT="3618"

ok progress has been made but now I am getting a stratum authorization error. below is basically what I have. do I not need to put the worker password somewhere? also I do appreciate the help. thanks

ZEN_WORKER="tempworker1"
ZEN_PORT="3618"

well I feel real stupid. I am up and running. thank you for the help. I miss typed name I used the log in info not the user name. it was a me issue lol
did you make the worker in suprnova worker page ?

kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:27:15 PM

Guys what is SRR option?

SRR = Simple Rig Resetter
it's a little board that connects to your power/reset pins on the motherboard, it then listens for heartbeats from specific rigs, when the heartbeat stops, it means the rig froze, it hard re-sets the specific rig.

https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRR-manual-2017-02-10.pdf

I've been using one for a few months, saved me lots of time at the beginning.

Good to know. I do this kind of things via rasberrypi + temp sensors
fattoad

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:45:40 PM

I set coin to ZEN

try this:
Code:
ZEN_PORT="3618"

ZEN_WORKER="tempworker1"
ZEN_PORT="3618"

Yeah I had set up the worker. what I messed up on was, I had another log in for my windows machine and my brilliant self miss matched the log in and worker names. so yeah your solution was spot on it was just me who managed to un-fix your help lol. but seriously thanks for the help. this is my first venture into Linux for mining. 13 cards per motherboard seems way more efficient than 8. and my 1070's are even managing to get into the 480/sols not 1080 TIs but very respectable for the card.
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:42:45 PM

Hi guys,

I have recently built a new rig with 13 P106-100 ASUS cards on nv0019 running -200cc 1550mc and PL90. I have a weird problem that after some time the hashrate on all cards drop by 50% or more and doesn't go back up, the miner doesn't restart and it just keeps running with lower hashrate.  This time it did this after 7 hours , with 7 cards running it was up for over 12hours and no problems. Has anyone experienced this before and maybe you know where the problem is?

I am obviously running headless and using SSH to monitor the rig and adjust the settings.

PS. The miner or the OS doesn't restart the miner or reboot the system, just the hashrate drops pretty badly from 328 to 140 MH/s.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help and also thanks to fullzero for the new version!

I've had similar issue, when one or two cards would semi-freeze, bringing the whole rig to work extremely slow. I added whole bunch of debug options in the watchdog to figure out what was going on... it turns out watcdog enters into a loop for counting down errors before trying to restart the mining process and it takes about 5-10 min to change the count by -1 and it won't catch the low utilization to restart the rig until few hours later.

The mining doesn't stop but continues at reduced hash speed, some cards drop from 25 to 13 MH/s, some down to 0.

To make it worst, during this semi-hang the driver changes p-state due to low/high utilization so it ends up with some cards at p2, some at p8 and some at p0 which screws the OC and makes more cards to hang.

I have some ideas to modify or even rewrite the watchdog to address these issues and will post it once finished. I am quite busy atm to work on it but I can post logs from the added debug so that devs can look into it.

Anyway, it turns out all of this was caused by two cards (same brand/model/memory) that couldn't handle the overclocking as the rest of the cards. By reducing the memory overclock on these two from 1820 to 1700 it stabilized the rig, no more hangups.

For now, reduce your overclock and give it a try, see if it fixes the problem. Please post back with results.

Quadwinner

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

Hey, exciting to see this continue to improve Smiley

I have a question; In the earlier versions I usually Image my USB drive in Win 10, test that things work etc, then go back to Win 10 to adjust clockspeeds, templimits etc.
With version 0019, when I go back to Windows 10 to edit the 1bash file, it´s just not there on my USB (G:), was always there with 0018 and 0017.
Can I edit the 1bash from within Ubuntu/nvOC? Any tips on how to let me edit this file/find it again?

Also, a small request for the future; as a noob with no coding experience what so ever, I would greatly appreciate a .pdf or whatever in the OP explaining what SSH, SSR, watchdog and all that actually is/does, I´m kinda lost on that.. and maybe easy guides to set up things.

As a bonus question; anybody mining (ETH) with 980 / 980ti s? It´s what I have so that what I use... powerhungry yeah but electricity is cheap here.
Was wondering if it would be better to underclock the core and overclock mem, or vise versa, or what..?

I also wanna vent my frustration with USB wifi Dongles... every time I make a new image USB the Wifi in Ubuntu does not work, not until I connect a LAN cable and enable proprietary drivers.. Is this always gonna be a hassle in ubuntu?
Funny thing is Windows doesn´t recognize the dongle after I make it work in Ubuntu.. lol.. (yeah, I use my gaming PC/same PC for this).

Keep up the good work you guys! :-)
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:13:14 PM

Hey, exciting to see this continue to improve Smiley

I have a question; In the earlier versions I usually Image my USB drive in Win 10, test that things work etc, then go back to Win 10 to adjust clockspeeds, templimits etc.
With version 0019, when I go back to Windows 10 to edit the 1bash file, it´s just not there on my USB (G:), was always there with 0018 and 0017.
Can I edit the 1bash from within Ubuntu/nvOC? Any tips on how to let me edit this file/find it again?

Also, a small request for the future; as a noob with no coding experience what so ever, I would greatly appreciate a .pdf or whatever in the OP explaining what SSH, SSR, watchdog and all that actually is/does, I´m kinda lost on that.. and maybe easy guides to set up things.

As a bonus question; anybody mining (ETH) with 980 / 980ti s? It´s what I have so that what I use... powerhungry yeah but electricity is cheap here.
Was wondering if it would be better to underclock the core and overclock mem, or vise versa, or what..?

I also wanna vent my frustration with USB wifi Dongles... every time I make a new image USB the Wifi in Ubuntu does not work, not until I connect a LAN cable and enable proprietary drivers.. Is this always gonna be a hassle in ubuntu?
Funny thing is Windows doesn´t recognize the dongle after I make it work in Ubuntu.. lol.. (yeah, I use my gaming PC/same PC for this).

Keep up the good work you guys! :-)
Yes 1bash is there in your home directory
just Open up file manager and double click 1bash, it should be opened in gedit.
Have no experience with 980, but eth usually need underclock and over mem clock,
so just do tests and see where is the most stable/profitable point.
On 1070 I set -100 CC and +900 MC

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:02:07 PM

Hello papampi; hope you are well Smiley

I believe we can compile it well but when we try to use it fails to mine with some weird errors!! or it has been fixed?
Hi mate
Could you manage to mine sib x11ghost?
Any miner I try give me some kind of error.

Yes I have, sent it to fullzero in my latest update, it will appear in coming update.

Code:
SIB_WORKER="worker"
SIB_ADDRESS="loginName"
SIB_POOL="stratum+tcp://sib.suprnova.cc:3458"
SIB_INTENSITY="21"

Code:

if [ $COIN == "SIB" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/TPccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$SIB_ADDRESS.$SIB_WORKER"

screen -dmSL miner $HCD -a sib -o $PXC_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $SIB_INTENSITY

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

Let me know if it works.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:08:19 PM

I set coin to ZEN

try this:
Code:
ZEN_PORT="3618"

ZEN_WORKER="tempworker1"
ZEN_PORT="3618"

Yeah I had set up the worker. what I messed up on was, I had another log in for my windows machine and my brilliant self miss matched the log in and worker names. so yeah your solution was spot on it was just me who managed to un-fix your help lol. but seriously thanks for the help. this is my first venture into Linux for mining. 13 cards per motherboard seems way more efficient than 8. and my 1070's are even managing to get into the 480/sols not 1080 TIs but very respectable for the card.

Don't worry, I've learned these stuff after so many trials, I will try to make a tutorial on how to use suprNova, miningpoolhub or such websites on my blog soon.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Quadwinner

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:15:41 PM

Yes 1bash is there in your home directory
just Open up file manager and double click 1bash, it should be opened in gedit.
Have no experience with 980, but eth usually need underclock and over mem clock,
so just do tests and see where is the most stable/profitable point.
On 1070 I set -100 CC and +900 MC

Thank you!
especial

Activity: 88

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:06:22 PM

Hi guys

i have a problem if anyone can give me a fix. I am using Salfter profit switch MPH or nicehash, but it automatically gives me ethminer. is there any way to set it using claymore instead or if it is also possible to set it if mining eth (most profitable) it starts in dual mining mode.
thanks

anyone?

has anyone figure out how to setup dual eth lbc. i use nicehash and got some strange error and wont mine, if i set allpools 1 it wont connect to eth, if i set other pool for eth, lbc wont work

bump :/
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:44:15 AM

Guys what is SRR option?

Why you wana set it to 25 or lower ?
Even a standby GPU temp is higher than that.
Dont kill your fans just to take temp down.

no i fu**** question Cheesy

I want to set fans to lower than 30, it wont do it...
lol, almost same answer
Don't kill your GPU to save the fan.
If I remember correctly It won't go lower, because minimum fan speed is 29.

There is a failsafe in:

Maxximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL

remove or modify this code block and you can set it lower:

Code:
if [ "$MINIMAL_FAN_SPEED" -lt "30" ]
then
    MINIMAL_FAN_SPEED=30
fi

This was meant to keep members from damaging their GPUs in case of accidentally setting the fan speed too low.  IMO I would rather replace more fans than fry a single GPU.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:51:17 AM

Guys what is SRR option?

SRR = Simple Rig Resetter
it's a little board that connects to your power/reset pins on the motherboard, it then listens for heartbeats from specific rigs, when the heartbeat stops, it means the rig froze, it hard re-sets the specific rig.

https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRR-manual-2017-02-10.pdf

I've been using one for a few months, saved me lots of time at the beginning.
Does Linux ever hard freeze?
Been using ubuntu since 2006,
Got lucky and have never experienced it.

I'm running my own 176 cards and hosting another 388 for friends and family and turning this into a hosting business.

After trying basically all the setups possible (with 6,7,8,9, 13 cards) i've settled on 3 cards per rig. Never looking back.

If you're using second hand HP Compaq DC7800 or DC7900 (you get it for 40 usd in my country with 4 G RAM, 3 pciex slots) and a dual core duo CPU you get the vPro awesomeness of full remote power on and off and Intel AMT out of band remote management included. Nobody can't beat that. Upgrade the firmware on the motherboards and BAM! you have a remote KVM built in. You can see your screen and do whatever you want from anywhere in the world.

If i am running 1080 cards and above, i buy a 750 W server PSU for another 50 USD and i can have a full rig up and running with the total cost of 90 USD per rig. If i am running 1060 cards, i simply upgrade for 10 usd the PSU in the SFF desktop to a 500 W one...

All the rigs are beautiful, no cabling nightmare, whenever a rig crashes i scripted a full power cycle using a raspberry pi as a watchdog.
SRR's are expensive when you have a lot of rigs.

That's 188 mini rigs if my math is correct, and you have to add cabling/switches/power for all the cabling so 5x48 ports switches can handle that but then you still have a ton of cables (and time to manage it all) and if you go second hand for the switches, one switch dies and brings down 48 rigs, anyway you slice it you need cabling and can have many cards go down depending on the nature of your failure.
Then there is heat.
Of course the above can be great in the right circumstances.

FYI - 1 SRR controls 8 rigs, there should be a daughterboard available eventually to add 32 for a total of 40 rigs for 1 SRR.
I'm very happy with it.

There are lots of setups that are effective in terms of $/hash; some scale better than others. 
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:57:08 AM

Hi guys

thanks

anyone?

has anyone figure out how to setup dual eth lbc. i use nicehash and got some strange error and wont mine, if i set allpools 1 it wont connect to eth, if i set other pool for eth, lbc wont work

bump :/

change the client in 3main :

"daggerhashimoto": {
     "speed": 0.087, "power": 0.397,
     "power_limit": $pwr_lim_daggerhashimoto, "gpu_oc": $gpu_clks_daggerhashimoto, "mem_oc": $mem_clks_daggerhashimoto, "fan": 0,
     "cmd": "/home/m1/eth/ethminer_12dev2/ethminer -SP 2 -S daggerhashimoto.usa.nicehash.com:3353 -O {ADDR}.{MINER}:x -U"
   },

to launch claymore instead.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:58:56 AM

Seems like there is a problem with Klaust and Neoscrypt in linux
There is an open ticket for that
https://github.com/KlausT/ccminer/issues/49

I can not install KTccminer on NVOCv019.

I looked at your post on their incident ticket page and I find that 4 days ago you were able to compile it correctly on your machine.
Unfortunately, I have not managed to do the same with my Biostar TB250-BTC PRO (Socket 1151) and my 2 x ASUS GTX1070 DUAL.

I use the script (s) of Scott ALlfter (alias Salfter) and I went on his page here: https://gitlab.com/salfter/mph_switch/tree/master. This page explains how to add the Cryptonight and Sia miners but I was unable to compile by following the command lines given by Salfter.

./autoreconf.sh does not exist in the KTccminer directory
and
./configure --with-cuda- / usr / local / cuda-8.0 also returns errors after executing the file: autogen.sh

here is what the configuration command gives me before the command make:

user @ hostname $ / KTccminer-cryptonight $ ./configure --with-cuda / usr / local / cuda
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: / usr / local / cuda
checking build system type ... / usr / local / cuda
configure: error: invalid value of canonical build

It seems to me to have found by re-reading the bash-history that it tries to mine with the CPUminer which mine at the same time as ETH and the others algo.
is it possible to mining with CPUs and GPUs with two different software simultaneously without it posing bp?
That is, I use Scott's mining profit switching script and I have activated the plusCPU function of fullZERO in the 1bash

1 / How to install KTccminer correctly?
2 / Is it possible to mine monero with the CPUs in addition to the GPUs ?

@Scott Alfter

The use of your script delighted me, but I hesitated for a long time because of the lack of documentation. I did not know too much or I was going. and I still do not really know where all the files you are using.

Maybe you have some documentation about these scripts?

NB: I used google translation to write this message

If you just want KTccminer-cryptonight salfter has compiled one :

I finally got around to upgrading to v19 from v17.  I'd had some trouble with v18 and went back to v17, but v19's being much better behaved.  I put my config in (configured to use my MiningPoolHub switcher and Maxximus007's fan-control code) and let her rip.

There is one issue I ran across: no Cryptonight miner.  I noticed it when my mining rig's fans all slowed down.  To get things running again in a hurry, I copied the mining software from my v17 setup.  It's in this tarball:

https://alfter.us/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/KTccminer-cryptonight.tar.xz

Unpack to ~m1. It'll unpack to a Git repo into which you can pull updates (I last updated it just a few days ago) that has already been configured and built.  I might've built it for Pascal (GeForce 10-series) GPUs only; I don't recall for sure if I did, so if you're using older GPUs and it doesn't work for you, you might need to rebuild it.

There was also an upstream change in this miner that requires a change in 3main.  The "-a cryptonight" option is no longer accepted, so load 3main into the editor of your choice, search for "KTccminer-cryptonight" (it's near the beginning of the heredoc that gets written to mph_conf.json), and delete "-a cryptonight" from that line.

Beyond that, the only other changes I made were to set the hostname equal to the worker name (changes in /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts), change the timezone from Eastern to Pacific, and to revise the speed and power figures in the mph_conf.json heredoc with my current configuration (up from 3 GPUs to 4).  As I write this, I'm imaging my v19 setup so I can copy it over to the (physically smaller) stick with v17.

I could compile KTccminer on nv0019, but not on my other ubuntu
gave me some errors
just download the source
and run the commands with no args
Code:
./autogen.sh 
./configure.sh
./build.sh
it should be ok

remember to:

cd to the KTccminer directory first:

cd /home/m1/KTccminer
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:00:39 AM

Guys, I am having issues unzipping the NVOS (nvOC_v0019.zip) on both MAC and PC. The file size shows 6,436,759,477 bytes (6.44 GB on disk), but when I am trying to unzip the size of the image is getting huge (over 250GB!). I downloaded the google drive version of NVOS zip from this forum. Has anyone encountered this issue and can give some advice? Thank you in advance!

if you really tried on 2 different computers then your original must be corrupted. Try downloading it again.

Did you verify the sha256sum of the zip before extracting?

see this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg21273803#msg21273803

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:03:00 AM

Hi guys,

I have recently built a new rig with 13 P106-100 ASUS cards on nv0019 running -200cc 1550mc and PL90. I have a weird problem that after some time the hashrate on all cards drop by 50% or more and doesn't go back up, the miner doesn't restart and it just keeps running with lower hashrate.  This time it did this after 7 hours , with 7 cards running it was up for over 12hours and no problems. Has anyone experienced this before and maybe you know where the problem is?

I am obviously running headless and using SSH to monitor the rig and adjust the settings.

PS. The miner or the OS doesn't restart the miner or reboot the system, just the hashrate drops pretty badly from 328 to 140 MH/s.

Thanks in advance to everyone who can help and also thanks to fullzero for the new version!

My guess is that setting:

Code:
CLAYMORE_VERSION="9_7"    

and

Code:
ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE="CLAYMORE"

might stop or reduce the frequency of this happening.

Let me know if this works.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: