Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
Razvan17

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:53:24 AM

That's not a bad idea at all, but only trouble is when you want to switch back to old one, for that issue I used to have a copy of same code and comment it based on my requirements. Glad you found a way Smiley

Your idea is better and I plan to try it during the weekend. It takes a lil more time to implement it but after you can switch the coins very quick, its rite. Mine is just faster and it was the first thing which passed through my mind.  Smiley

Thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 08:19:21 AM

@salfter
Is it possible for you to write a switch based on WhatToMine.com json api?
MPH switch with its high 30 minute api update time is almost useless,
by the time MPH api updates the coin difficulty has changed and there is no profit most of the times.

I'm not so good with programming but if you show us the way I think there are many here better than me that will help make it happen.
WhatToMine api can give tailored results and I think its api update time is 3 minutes (just posted to ask on its page)
We just need to set the cards, click calculate, then add a .json after coins with the rest of the address.
That way mixed card rigs gets the best results based on what they set too.

I was thinking of a way that WTM_Switch read from the given link, and the coins we set it to switch in 1bash
then it switch between the coins with whatever pools it is set in 1bash.

P.S.
I tried to give it a shot from your MPH_SWITCH, but its way over my league.

This is exactly something I've started working on, stuck at the point where should I use the switch!!

My code just picks the coin with highest difficulty drop compared to 24 h difficulty. That may not be the best idea but that was something I've tried to achieve, so I started getting all the whattomine coins to 1bash. It can be tweaked to mine the current profitable coin too. It should be configured in such a way that it will edit the 1bash coin variable and coins all coins are already configured with auto oc.

The other thing we may miss is some coins are not specified in whattomine, not sure how we going to pull that info from?
Great to see you been working on it
Whats in my mind is we chose our favorite coins , then it mine one based on best profit
so for example in 1 bash :
WTM_COINS="ZEC,ZEN,LBC,KMD"
There is already a program for windows MegaMiner
IT integrates WTM and Suprnova and mine best profits based on your setup coins.

papampi

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 08:26:54 AM

@salfter
by the time MPH api updates the coin difficulty has changed and there is no profit most of the times.

I'm not so good with programming but if you show us the way I think there are many here better than me that will help make it happen.
WhatToMine api can give tailored results and I think its api update time is 3 minutes (just posted to ask on its page)
We just need to set the cards, click calculate, then add a .json after coins with the rest of the address.

I was thinking of a way that WTM_Switch read from the given link, and the coins we set it to switch in 1bash

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

I have awkwardly tried to write what you propose in one of my previous posts, but I am for this proposal. I was starting to make up my mind to do it myself, but like you, I do not have enough programming skills for it.
And I did not dare to ask Scott Alfter as Newbie of this forum.

Indeed, if we could directly switch to any crypto that is in the 1bash in focus of the calculations of profitability given by WTM, it would be top ++++!

I will add a request to your proposal: May also use additional parameters to this WTM_Switch.
For example, choose between average income over 3 days or 7 days or even immediate (the 3 minutes you quote). Or choose between average profitability (last column of their web page).

So today I found that "greencoin" (VTC) is more profitable hash over a week than Zencash which was largely ahead of ETH when I made this query of average profitability over 3 days and 7 days (91,000 Satochis of average over 7 days at 17:15).
Problem with average 24, 3 days and a week is they are for the past based on current price.
And some times shown great profit when there is a big price spike.
So it means if you have been mining them for past week and now you sell them you get that profit.
I believe best calculate is based on current difficulty and price because you are mining now, not in past.

rayd89

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:06:53 AM

Is there a way i can update the nvidia drivers on NVOC v0019?
I've downloaded the latest drivers 384.90 as of 21-9-2017 but im not 100% on how to upgrade the existing drivers.
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 10:31:26 AM

I've downloaded the latest drivers 384.90 as of 21-9-2017 but im not 100% on how to upgrade the existing drivers.
if you have downloaded the .dpkg run this command

Code:
sudo dpkg -i Package_Name.dpkg

But its better to update from repo with :
Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-384

Or fully update/upgrade system with:

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

rayd89

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:53:57 AM

Code:

Code:
sudo apt update

Code:

Thanks for the response - my issue is that whenever i try to open a new terminal window to try run any command - it tries to launch the miner.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:57:26 AM

Code:

Code:
sudo apt update

Code:

Thanks for the response - my issue is that whenever i try to open a new terminal window to try run any command - it tries to launch the miner.

Do that in Guake terminal (press F12), nvOC is setup that way, you can't use the main terminal.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
pantalyra

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:00:11 AM

Code:

Code:
sudo apt update

Code:

Do that in Guake terminal (press F12), nvOC is setup that way, you can't use the main terminal.

You can also use the console terminal. Which means opening a terminal outside the graphical interface.

Use Control Alt F1
You can use F1 through F6 to open different terminals.
Use Control Alt F7 to return to the graphical interface.
rayd89

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:28:34 AM

Thanks guy Cheesy
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:35:32 AM

are they suppose to be "better" at mining ?
IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:44:01 AM

@salfter

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

I have awkwardly tried to write what you propose in one of my previous posts, but I am for this proposal. I was starting to make up my mind to do it myself, but like you, I do not have enough programming skills for it.

Indeed, if we could directly switch to any crypto that is in the 1bash in focus of the calculations of profitability given by WTM, it would be top ++++!

I will add a request to your proposal: May also use additional parameters to this WTM_Switch.
For example, choose between average income over 3 days or 7 days or even immediate (the 3 minutes you quote). Or choose between average profitability (last column of their web page).

So today I found that "greencoin" (VTC) is more profitable hash over a week than Zencash which was largely ahead of ETH when I made this query of average profitability over 3 days and 7 days (91,000 Satochis of average over 7 days at 17:15).
Problem with average 24, 3 days and a week is they are for the past based on current price.
So it means if you have been mining them for past week and now you sell them you get that profit.
I believe best calculate is based on current difficulty and price because you are mining now, not in past.
What about mining for best BTC exchange - since most of these pools pay in BTC? Example: SIGT/SKUNK is nowhere near the top on the profitability list on WTM but it gives almost the highest BTC result. If we calculate fiat profitability we deal with variables often moving in different directions (altcoin to btc and then btc to fiat exchange). We end up with a unit of measure that expands and contracts. That is like measuring different things while your ruler expands and contracts randomly between measurements in response to unrelated events, possibly even the wholesale price of bacon Wink
Just thinking out loud, but recently I've been focusing on btc exchange.

papampi

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 12:26:10 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 12:38:20 PM by papampi

@salfter

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

What about mining for best BTC exchange - since most of these pools pay in BTC? Example: SIGT/SKUNK is nowhere near the top on the profitability list on WTM but it gives almost the highest BTC result. If we calculate fiat profitability we deal with variables often moving in different directions (altcoin to btc and then btc to fiat exchange). We end up with a unit of measure that expands and contracts. That is like measuring different things while your ruler expands and contracts randomly between measurements in response to unrelated events, possibly even the wholesale price of bacon Wink

I think the problem with pools like zpool and MPH with auto exchange is that usually it takes 2-3 hours till you get a share to send for exchange and then again it take 2-3 hours for your coin to get exchanged.
You dont know if the rate when you mined is the same as the rate when pool auto exchange it for you.
I have tried the auto exchange pools for over a month and usually I did not get what I use to get when exchanging them myself.
Usually coins get higher rank in WTM when their difficulty drops.
see the top coins difficulty just now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sua6w5nbtjs1iq5/Screenshot%202017-09-22%2015.50.40.jpg

So I think its best if we can set our favorite coins to mine, then WTM_SWITCH pick the highest profit based on Rev BTC at the right time and mine them for us.

IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:49:36 PM

@salfter

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

I think the problem with pools like zpool and MPH with auto exchange is that usually it takes 2-3 hours till you get a share to send for exchange and then again it take 2-3 hours for your coin to get exchanged.
You dont know if the rate when you mined is the same as the rate when pool auto exchange it for you.
I have tried the auto exchange pools for over a month and usually I did not get what I use to get when exchanging them myself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sua6w5nbtjs1iq5/Screenshot%202017-09-22%2015.50.40.jpg

So I think its best if we can set our favorite coins to mine, then WTM_SWITCH pick the highest profit based on Rev BTC at the right time and mine them for us.

Agreed - there is that delay with btc pool exchanges  (not sure about nicehash since they charge the purchasers in btc) when I wrote my paragraph, SIGT was at 0.00031 btc and an hour later is at 0.00023 btc...

papampi

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 12:58:25 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 01:12:18 PM by papampi

@salfter

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

Agreed - there is that delay with btc pool exchanges  (not sure about nicehash since they charge the purchasers in btc) when I wrote my paragraph, SIGT was at 0.00031 btc and an hour later is at 0.00023 btc...

I was checking WTM api and saw that it gives 2 difficulties current and 24,
So I think best approach is if the WTM_SWITCH can pick most lowered difficulty (current/24 %) from our set of coins and mine that so we get the most share of coins.
No rev btc, fiat benefit, ....
Usually more coins means more profit in time.
Edit :
But I think that gets to some problems too.
as from my screen shot karbowanec has more dropped difficulty than signatum, but it shows signatum more profitable.
So I think best approach would be the mix of both which will get us to Rev BTC.

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:27:39 PM

@salfter

P.S.

+ 1 000 0000

Agreed - there is that delay with btc pool exchanges  (not sure about nicehash since they charge the purchasers in btc) when I wrote my paragraph, SIGT was at 0.00031 btc and an hour later is at 0.00023 btc...

I was checking WTM api and saw that it gives 2 difficulties current and 24,
So I think best approach is if the WTM_SWITCH can pick most lowered difficulty (current/24 %) from our set of coins and mine that so we get the most share of coins.
No rev btc, fiat benefit, ....
Usually more coins means more profit in time.
Edit :
But I think that gets to some problems too.
as from my screen shot karbowanec has more dropped difficulty than signatum, but it shows signatum more profitable.
So I think best approach would be the mix of both which will get us to Rev BTC.

This is where I've struggled little, but decided to go with the current lowest difficulty drop compared to 24h difficulty, calling it a hodler's switch Cheesy

I had a field to mention what coins need to be excluded from mining even their difficulty has dropped, so coins not worth mining like XDN prob.

But main thing I would like to address is, WTM doesn't show every profitable coin available; there are still some coins missing. Still not sure how to overcome it, probably by creating WTM like website and include all the coins with respective to their 24h and current profitability!! Then pick that coin and mine.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:58:52 PM

Guys, what's all this fuss about auto switching? Current profitability goes up and down all the time. I've seen some coins climb to #1 on wtm for a bit, lets say an hour or two then they drop to #34.

Lets say you switch immidietly to mine that coin. Unless you cash out immidietly, you will end up with less overal profit over period of time compared to sticking to well known and well mined coins like eth or zec, just to name a few.

Now, lets say you you mined for an hour or two on the most profitable coin then you transferred to your wallet. This creates tons of micropayments. When you try to cashout your profits you get hammered with huge tx fee because you have to combine all those micropayments into one. The tx fee is charged by kb, more micropayments = more kb = more tx fee.

I've seen people complaining that they get 40, 60, even 85% tx fee when they transfer those micropayments because they use lots of kb.

If you don't immidietly transfer whatever you mined to make instant profit while the coin was up and keep it at the pool, waiting to accumulate more before transferring to your wallet so you can avoid the micropayments, then what's the point of switching? Just choose one or two coins and stick to them.

I don't know, maybe I didn't do my homework well, maybe I am missing some critical info or I just can't see the big picture here... anyone cares to explain and enlighten me please.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:00:32 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 02:32:02 PM by fullzero

v0019-1 update:

Lots of changes; please keep in mind this update is beta: it will most likely have some bugs, if you don't want to deal with any bugs you can wait until any issues have already been found and fixed by the community.

Before updating; please copy your 1bash (and any other files you have changed/customized) to a different directory (such as the desktop).

To update:

open 1bash with gedit and ensure:

Code:
AUTO_UPDATE="BETA" 

close any terminal currently open; then:

open a guake terminal ( press f12 ) and type the following, then press enter:

Code:
bash 4update

This will launch 4update which will update your 2unix file.  

When 4update is done; gnome-terminal will auto launch.  

The new 2unix will detect your v0019 is not -1 and launch the update.

The update will install all system updates including the newest Nvidia driver.  Then update nvOC files.

When it is done your rig will reboot automatically.  

Your 1bash will be copied to a file named: your_old_1bash as a new version is required for some of the updates.  

You can copy and paste your pools / addresses into the new 1bash.  ( I will eventually automate this)

v0019-1 can support up to 19x GPUs; however it is unlikely you will be able to get more than 13x GPUs to work correctly with the new Asus 19x mobo.

Edit Additional info:

Lots of new COIN selections from damNmad and some from papampi.  I will add a full change log to the OP later today.
papampi

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:26:14 PM

v0019-1 update:

Lots of changes; please keep in mind this update is beta: it will most likely have some bugs, if you don't want to deal with any bugs you can wait until any issues have already been found and fixed by the community.

Before updating; please copy your 1bash (and any other files you have changed/customized) to a different directory (such as the desktop).

To update:

Code:
AUTO_UPDATE="BETA" 

Code:
bash 4update

The update will install all system updates including the newest Nvidia driver.  Then update nvOC files.

Your 1bash will be copied to a file named: your_old_1bash as a new version is required for some of the updates.  

You can copy and paste your pools / addresses into the new 1bash.  ( I will eventually automate this)

v0019-1 can support up to 19x GPUs; however it is unlikely you will be able to get more than 13x GPUs to work correctly with the new Asus 19x mobo.

Thanks a lot
Is it safe to run the update if rigs are in remote location?
Or only do if I'm next to my rigs?

Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 02:31:09 PM

v0019-1 update:

To update:

Code:
AUTO_UPDATE="BETA" 

Code:
bash 4update

Hi Fullzero, thanks for your hard work as always ... And i dont forget all this actives supporters who added tools/supports/ideas

Auto-updater implemented look more and more like a PRO service

Since i dont have acces to my rig often, i prefer so avoid major update on remote control Smiley Any change log for this version ?

Thanks a lot

Per experience, major update have to be done with physics access, except if you have some instant BUTW plan Wink    BackUp To Work

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:44:02 PM

v0019-1 update:

To update:

Code:
AUTO_UPDATE="BETA" 

Code:
bash 4update

Hi Fullzero, thanks for your hard work as always ... And i dont forget all this actives supporters who added tools/supports/ideas

Auto-updater implemented look more and more like a PRO service

Since i dont have acces to my rig often, i prefer so avoid major update on remote control Smiley Any change log for this version ?

Thanks a lot

Per experience, major update have to be done with physics access, except if you have some instant BUTW plan Wink    BackUp To Work

You will need to reconfigure the new 1bash with your addresses / pool info.  If you are not sure about doing that (or backing up your modified files before updating) remotely; I would wait until you have direct access to your rigs.

All of the new COIN selections (see OP)

telegram type is now selectable in 1bash:

Code:
TELEGRAM_TYPE="papampi"		# kk003  or  papampi  or  BaliMiner

added Claymore v10

added zm EQUIHASH client

added support for 19x GPUs; this includes:

1bash, 3main, autotemp, xorg.conf changes

system + Nvidia driver updates

new 1bash section for: 

Code:
damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC

Some of the 3main code is less procedural and more OO.

4update now only checks 2unix (which will implement actual updates)

upPASTE will now kill gnome-terminal

added KTccminer (might not be the newest version; but I wanted to get this update out to get everyone on the same page).

Stak XMR client should now autogen the correct config for multiple GPUs.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: