Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 383263 times)
Galvin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:05:14 AM

This may have been mentioned, but the Ask and Bid prices are wrong way round in rules.

Also, could there be a leverage setting for Bitfinex so rules can be better compatible with margin trading?

Does the Bitfinex API have a facility to close/claim orders?  If so, could this be facilitated?

Cheers.

K

I'll make improvements soon.

Bitstamp is telling me identification is required to access API.

I remade the API around 5 times.  I also cut and paste the codes to a text editor first then copied them from there to qt trader.

Check API rights on bitfinex website.

I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api. 
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:06:50 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:47:02 PM by IGHOR

I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api.  

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issue will still persist, than contact me again.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 04:20:13 AM

v1.07.98 Released!

Fixed minor bugs.
Removed Mt.Gox exchange
Added new currency pairs to BTC-e and BTC China.
Fixed rule bugs.
Ui improvements.
Added heartbleed OpenSSL bug information dialog.
New auto update engine.

Rules going to be rewrited soon.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
Galvin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:16:18 AM

I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api.  

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issut will still persist, than contact me again.

I downloaded the new version, recreated new keys.  Still have the same error.
it must be a bitstamp issue.  In the upper left corner it says login: offline.  I'm logged in thru the site.

Qu1ck$1Lv3r

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:41:16 AM

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issut will still persist, than contact me again.

it must be a bitstamp issue.  In the upper left corner it says login: offline.  I'm logged in thru the site.

I had to make new API key for Bitstamp after they went offline the other day. The first time I tried I forgot to activate the keys after generating them. Double check your key to make sure it has been activated.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Galvin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:07:16 AM

I had to make new API key for Bitstamp after they went offline the other day. The first time I tried I forgot to activate the keys after generating them. Double check your key to make sure it has been activated.

Got it working, think I had an old profile I kept updated, deleted all of it.  And reentered, working now. 
Thanks

Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:50:57 PM

Hi mate, I've been using your program for watching the market for a while now but, I never trade with it because there is a huge delay when I try to buy or sell.

(takes 5 or more seconds for the order to actually appear after pressing buy or sell which makes it impossible to trade)

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!  Wink
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 08:03:59 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 06:06:06 AM by IGHOR

Hi mate, I've been using your program for watching the market for a while now but, I never trade with it because there is a huge delay when I try to buy or sell.

(takes 5 or more seconds for the order to actually appear after pressing buy or sell which makes it impossible to trade)

This is caused by exchanges requests per second limitation.
But I'm working on it and I'll make 100 ms delay.
So keep tracking updates.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:22:20 PM

This is caused by exchanges requests per second limitation.
But I'm working on it and I'll make 100 ms delay.
So keep tracking updates.
That will be awesome! Will be watching your posts like a hawk  Cool
Jiggles1011

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:23:55 AM

Hi IGHOR,

I'm having trouble with an OFFLINE status showing in the top left corner of QTtrader. I tried resetting my API keys multiple times, as well as deleting all my profiles and starting from scratch, but no luck.

None of the boxes work, except for "market" and "api lag." Here are some outputs from the debugger:

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:17 LVL:0
SND: POST /api/user_transactions/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Qt Bitcoin Trader v1.07.98
Host: www.bitstamp.net
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: THERE_WAS_A_COOKIE
Content-Length: 127

------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:17 LVL:0
HTTP: connection closed
------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:18 LVL:0
SND: POST /api/open_orders/ HTTP/1.1

------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:19 LVL:0
------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:20 LVL:0
SND: POST /api/balance/ HTTP/1.1

------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:20 LVL:0
------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:21 LVL:0
SND: GET /api/ticker/ HTTP/1.1

------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:21 LVL:0
RCV: {"high": "528.75", "last": "518.00", "timestamp": "1397625490", "bid": "518.00", "vwap": "499.25", "volume": "35013.38285172", "low": "454.00", "ask": "518.43"}
------------------

------------------
2014-04-15 22:18:22 LVL:0
SND: GET /api/transactions/ HTTP/1.1

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

Very cool, you can become the metatrader of bitcoin

coiner123

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:29:20 AM

I downloaded this(awesome) bot an hour ago but i can't really understand how i should set the rules for my strategy Huh, i want to set a fixed price that always remains the same, for example, if my buyorder is set at 450 and i want it to instantly setup a sellorder once it has bought(at 450), the sellorder should be 470.. and when it has sold i want my first buyorder to be set at once(450 again) Smiley

Always buys and sells at the fixed price, like this:

buy 450  --> sell 470 -->buy 450 -->sell 470 and so on
buy 460 --> sell 480 and so on

i wan't to set up as many of these as possible.

hope you guys understand what i mean and can help  Smiley

is there a manual for the rules anywhere?
topias

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

I downloaded this(awesome) bot an hour ago but i can't really understand how i should set the rules for my strategy Huh, i want to set a fixed price that always remains the same, for example, if my buyorder is set at 450 and i want it to instantly setup a sellorder once it has bought(at 450), the sellorder should be 470.. and when it has sold i want my first buyorder to be set at once(450 again) Smiley

Simple solution would be to do it with Rule Groups:
Group#1: If price <=450 : Buy 450 : Enable Group#2
Group#2: If price >=470 : Sell 470 : Enable Group#1
Kiwigoeswest

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:01:18 PM

Interesting Smiley
bbbbbb2014

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:28:46 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 07:39:47 AM by bbbbbb2014

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

I agree with that. Exchanges even don't know who is connecting over what API with specific app. So, even if they'd like to support trading apps, they don't know who's who.
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:46:58 AM

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

I agree with that. Exchanges even don't know who is connecting over what API with specific app. So, even if they'd like to support trading apps, they don't know who's who.

So nothing in here indicates an agent?
Code:
------------------
2014-04-26 04:38:20 LVL:0
SND: POST /tapi/ HTTP/1.1
[color=red][font=Verdana]User-Agent: Qt Bitcoin Trader v1.07.98[/font][/color]
Host: btc-e.com

Now I am sure someone could add that same agent string to their trader but the API can actually tell what bot a user is running. I can't say it's a good way to monetize the trader but it is a good way that the end user hopefully won't be monetizing it.

Any news on a version with the ability to set both sides of the comparison? My trades using ask and a >1% or <1% aren't doing great in choppy markets. By the time the next rule is enabled the market has moved up a bit too much. I await the ability to calculate profitability directly rather then estimate it. Not that the application is bad. It isn't. The computer I am using may be too slow or data could be delayed too much as I run two instances trading different currency pairs at BTCe. So the wait is over 1 second (their requirement). Although a version that would do multiple currencies simultaneously would also be awesome.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
vual

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:17:42 AM

Anything like this that works with the poloniex or cryptsy api ?
Duny

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:48:08 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 02:57:55 AM by Duny

Hi IGHOR!
First I really want to thank you for QtTrader - and for the fact you're offering it for free so far (thou I would have no problem with paying for it in form of tiny transaction fees or when proved profitable, even for a price)
It has a value for me even for simple manual trading, but I can't make my idea of automation work - which I think is what this app would really shine in.
My idea is:
1) to make consecutive buy/sell orders across the market estimated fluctuation e.g. 350-1000 USD/BTC, with let's say 0.62% margin between trades (partially done already, works)
2) then sell high, buy low, with sell/buy orders being made automatically by bot, as the above orders are being filled as the price rises/lowers, e.g.: 455(buy)->450(buy, make sell order at 455)->455(sell, make buy order at 450) etc.

The problem is, I'm unable to set the rule for the condition "after a sell/buy order was being filled", because:
-IF-> "My orders last buy/sell price" -> "Goes More Than/Goes Less Than" -> "percentage" - seems not working at all for me - there's just no reaction. And since there's no "Goes Less BY/Goes More BY", only "Goes More OR Less by", I don't see how to possibly use this rule.
-The roundabout for this - IF BTC/USD balance" -> "More or less by" -> "Exact value" - doesn't work, because it seems to pick the change of balance of the order just being made by the rule itself or it stops working at all for some reason after a while.
-The "Market last price" rule, if used as the ones above - the results were unpredictable, thus for automation it seems unusable.

Thus the only reference for automation is the "Exact value", i.e. exact Market price, which seems unusable on the bigger scale - as more than hundred of orders are being made.

So I would like to know, if the above behaviour are indeed bugs, or if I'm the one who's doing something wrong.

Also I noticed what seems like some minor bugs/inconveniences:
-making new group by copying a previous group sometimes makes a copy of the wrong group
-all rules groups are set to "sequential" by default upon closing and reloading the application.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong in my assumptions, as I'm a newcomer into BTC Trading. Also I apologize if I misunderstood something, or if those are already known issues.
Cheers!
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:45:51 AM

Hi IGHOR!
First I really want to thank you for QtTrader - and for the fact you're offering it for free so far (thou I would have no problem with paying for it in form of tiny transaction fees or when proved profitable, even for a price)
It has a value for me even for simple manual trading, but I can't make my idea of automation work - which I think is what this app would really shine in.
My idea is:
1) to make consecutive buy/sell orders across the market estimated fluctuation e.g. 350-1000 USD/BTC, with let's say 0.62% margin between trades (partially done already, works)
2) then sell high, buy low, with sell/buy orders being made automatically by bot, as the above orders are being filled as the price rises/lowers, e.g.: 455(buy)->450(buy, make sell order at 455)->455(sell, make buy order at 450) etc.

The problem is, I'm unable to set the rule for the condition "after a sell/buy order was being filled", because:
-IF-> "My orders last buy/sell price" -> "Goes More Than/Goes Less Than" -> "percentage" - seems not working at all for me - there's just no reaction. And since there's no "Goes Less BY/Goes More BY", only "Goes More OR Less by", I don't see how to possibly use this rule.
-The roundabout for this - IF BTC/USD balance" -> "More or less by" -> "Exact value" - doesn't work, because it seems to pick the change of balance of the order just being made by the rule itself or it stops working at all for some reason after a while.
-The "Market last price" rule, if used as the ones above - the results were unpredictable, thus for automation it seems unusable.

Thus the only reference for automation is the "Exact value", i.e. exact Market price, which seems unusable on the bigger scale - as more than hundred of orders are being made.

So I would like to know, if the above behaviour are indeed bugs, or if I'm the one who's doing something wrong.

Also I noticed what seems like some minor bugs/inconveniences:
-making new group by copying a previous group sometimes makes a copy of the wrong group
-all rules groups are set to "sequential" by default upon closing and reloading the application.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong in my assumptions, as I'm a newcomer into BTC Trading. Also I apologize if I misunderstood something, or if those are already known issues.
Cheers!

I'm currently working to fix bugs and enhance rules. Update is coming soon.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:59:32 PM

I got a compiling error with line 32 of winresource.rc? It says syntax error
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: