Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

OK, I'll plan on that, but it will be mostly next week.  Need to get a part replaced on my computer this week so I'll be out of commission for a couple days.

So, just to be clear... I'm assigning general categories, but not trying to get any more specific than that, correct?
Don't worry I don't have time to start just yet either.

I found from experience that by the time I'd worked out what the article was about I may as well just create the subcategory for it. It's not really necessary at this point I guess, just that by assigning for example an article about Hurricanes as 'Science' I may as well just create the sub categories of Earth Sciences - Atmospheric Sciences to save myself (or somebody else) doubling up on required work later. I just used that Open Directory as guide and went from there. I think I created most of the more obvious categories already, so shouldn't now require much more specificity than what already exists I hope - at least that was my initial intention.
Also, once I assign one general category (or more if warranted), do I then remove it from the front page by simply deleting it on the edit screen?
Yep I just had (at least) two tabs open, then delete from front page as I go along or as a batch
Finally, I apologize for not adding you back as an admin originally.  I knew better, but was in the "users, writers" mode and left it at that.  Glad ranlo fixed that Smiley
No worries, I wouldn't have expected you to as haven't been doing any admin for a while.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
weisoq

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:12:22 PM

Not sure who has the power...but is it possible to now change the Devcoin logos on devtome/devcoin.org to the new one?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

OK, I think I'm all set, except for one thing.  What is the actual formatting (syntax) used for a subcategory?  I tried to look that up last night but couldn't find it.  I know for category, it's [[category:specific category]] but how would it look on the edit page for a subcategory?

OK, I'll plan on that, but it will be mostly next week.  Need to get a part replaced on my computer this week so I'll be out of commission for a couple days.

So, just to be clear... I'm assigning general categories, but not trying to get any more specific than that, correct?

I found from experience that by the time I'd worked out what the article was about I may as well just create the subcategory for it. It's not really necessary at this point I guess, just that by assigning for example an article about Hurricanes as 'Science' I may as well just create the sub categories of Earth Sciences - Atmospheric Sciences to save myself (or somebody else) doubling up on required work later. I just used that Open Directory as guide and went from there. I think I created most of the more obvious categories already, so shouldn't now require much more specificity than what already exists I hope - at least that was my initial intention.
Also, once I assign one general category (or more if warranted), do I then remove it from the front page by simply deleting it on the edit screen?
Yep I just had (at least) two tabs open, then delete from front page as I go along or as a batch
Finally, I apologize for not adding you back as an admin originally.  I knew better, but was in the "users, writers" mode and left it at that.  Glad ranlo fixed that Smiley
No worries, I wouldn't have expected you to as haven't been doing any admin for a while.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:51:53 PM

OK, I think I'm all set, except for one thing.  What is the actual formatting (syntax) used for a subcategory?  I tried to look that up last night but couldn't find it.  I know for category, it's [[category:specific category]] but how would it look on the edit page for a subcategory?

I'm not sure but I'm guessing [[category:(category):(subcategory)
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:34:04 AM

Services are growing as payment systems accepting many alts including dvc are in place.. I have no doubt that will come aslong as we have it listed on some higher volume exhcnages ppl will see the credability and accept it as a form of payment. I also think price wont price slowly like its falling it will rise voilently based on the structure of the project. First step is to ensure code is good and exhcnages are in place.

I disagree, to an extent, about the exchanges and code structure. There are a fair number of exchanges that accept DVC already (such as Vircurex). Having a nice codebase is always an advantage, but I highly doubt that this contributed much to the meteoric rise of Bitcoin; the code snippets I've seen from that fork weren't pretty by any means.

Of course, more exchanges are always nice since it promotes a competitive marketplace. And I somewhat agree on more altcoin-based payment systems...but that means users don't necessarily need to use DVC for purchases and can use whatever other alts they please.

Well what I meant was that if we were on a high volume exchange the chance of a sustaining pump would come about as a higher chance than just on vircurex. Once that happens the market cap can be utilized to offer bigger bounties which in turn would help the project much more and drive price a little higher, allowing other bounties to be offered etc etc an exponential cycle ensues until an equilibrium is found again... thats what I meant by the project structure not code structure per say. It's a unique idea that either lifts off or withers away like it is doing now.

Bounties wouldn't be the only contributor but awareness rising would drive more vendors and more open source communities to get involved, adding to the velocity of money which is a good gauge of price.

agreed more access and awareness, features is what is going to drive Devcoin, what if we paired it directly with OT and began using that infrastructure to aid adoption?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:18:39 AM

Not sure who has the power...but is it possible to now change the Devcoin logos on devtome/devcoin.org to the new one?

Ask Jasin, he hosts devtome.

Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:22:40 AM

It's just [[category:specific category]], there is no difference for a subcategory. The category format is from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Category

The topic structure should follow Open Directory, where possible. The format for categories, and wiki stuff in general, is from wikipedia.

weisoq

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:54:55 AM

Yeah as said above there isn't a specific syntax for subcategories, so in practice just means going into a category page (after creating one/already created) and then creating a new category which effectively becomes a subcategory. I agree it would be easier if such sub- syntax existed, but it seems to be a function of whatever plugins etc are incorporated into the site and I couldn't work out any simpler way of doing it so that option doesn't yet exist. 
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:06:52 PM

DVB Project https://cryptostocks.com/securities/14 is proud to announce that we added 1.5 TH/s to the devcoin network, and we gonna add one TH more in the comming days.

smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:51:08 PM

How is the coding project coming along?  Have we submitted a timeline to RS?
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:12:11 PM

I'd like to know how the coding is going too.  From what I gather DVC is staying on MCXnow for now due to the NMC bug meaning the RS doesn't want to add NMC anymore to replace DVC until NMC is fixed, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Anyone know how long until round 28 is paid out?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:34:59 PM

I'd like to know how the coding is going too.  From what I gather DVC is staying on MCXnow for now due to the NMC bug meaning the RS doesn't want to add NMC anymore to replace DVC until NMC is fixed, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

According to http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_stats -- Round 28 ... starts paying out at block 112,000. So it looks like we have a ways to go.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:38:16 PM

According to http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_stats -- Round 28 ... starts paying out at block 112,000. So it looks like we have a ways to go.

It starts paying out in ~21 days and from that time will take another ~40 days to finish. So it's ~61 days until it's paid out (this fluctuates depending on hash rate increases and such though).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:06:38 PM

How is the coding project coming along?  Have we submitted a timeline to RS?

RS hasn't responded back to my email asking him if we give him an updated daemon if he would keep it up on mcx (doesnt respond on chat either, need to get through to him). For now we lucked out the NMC broke, but maybe its fate.

Rsnel has tentatively agreed to making the changes, he has said "he will probably make the changes..." a few days ago so I sent him another message asking if he's good to go.

Jag
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:32:40 PM

How is the coding project coming along?  Have we submitted a timeline to RS?

RS hasn't responded back to my email asking him if we give him an updated daemon if he would keep it up on mcx (doesnt respond on chat either, need to get through to him). For now we lucked out the NMC broke, but maybe its fate.

Rsnel has tentatively agreed to making the changes, he has said "he will probably make the changes..." a few days ago so I sent him another message asking if he's good to go.

Jag
Thanks for the update! I didn't think about how the NMC issue would affect the situation. Glad to hear there is some progress being made here.
backa18

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:52:36 PM

I've submitted my first 9 articles guys  Cheesy

As i understand the more writers sign for the job, the less shares there are to be divided among us, so if i got that right, you must really hate newbies like me hehe sorry

Anyways, i'm not sure i can use devcoins for shopping and the silver and gold thing is too far fetched for me and i know if i exchange them for bitcoins that will decrease their value. So what else can i do with them?
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:36:26 AM

As i understand the more writers sign for the job, the less shares there are to be divided among us, so if i got that right, you must really hate newbies like me hehe sorry

Anyways, i'm not sure i can use devcoins for shopping and the silver and gold thing is too far fetched for me and i know if i exchange them for bitcoins that will decrease their value. So what else can i do with them?

You can see some businesses here: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=where_to_spend_your_devcoins

or gotdevcoin.tk
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:21:24 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 10:42:26 PM by jdbtracker

Tip whoever's writing you admire, or give it to an artist that paints, sculpts, to a open source programmer that does good work. Spread the Devcoin around to those who do not yet know about Devcoin who could best utilize it, Developers, Artists, Sculptors, Writers, Engineers, Programmers, you name it, all creative types that promote the open source culture or other cultures that you deem worthy.

Ideas propagate from the core group outwards.

so Devcoin was born from the Bitcoin community a highly technical bunch that emerged from the cryptography community back in 2008. Devcoin was introduced to those who know the cryptocurrencies best Bitcoin enthisiasts, from this group emerged the writers that populate DevTome. This form of propagation has been created by creating avenues of congregation for writers... to further spread a different model needs to be used.

We can spread our coins from Devcoin to all artists, tell them about Devcoin and it's purpose and how their participation can make a huge difference to create more art in the world. soon Devcoin will be known by everyone as a avenue to promote art in the world that all one has to do is purchase these devcoins and add value to those who hold them creating a true avenue for people to make a living doing art.

We have 9 billion Devcoins in circulation earned by the writers, the thinkers, creators from Devtome, now we spread them p2p style independent of a internet, through all available networks, facebook(spread it among your artist friends), twitter(create contests with thousands of Devcoins by publishing a private key on twitter to be won by whoever recognizes it's value), Personally(Give them to people in your life, who love to create, see how their face lights up).

From the Many the one, From the One the Source... Become the Source to the Many.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 08:32:20 PM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=where_to_spend_your_devcoins&#ascmdvcpt

The ASIC Miner DVC Passthrough has been added to the "Where to Spend Your Devcoins?" page.

Check it out!
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 09:52:00 PM

5 Jupiter Devices mine now merged for DVB

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: