Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058390 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:50:02 PM

Where can I see my current share count w/ rating and admin earnings?

Thank you

Sorry but could someone please answer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:26:40 PM

Thank you

I don't know which particular file you need, but the daily cronjob output is here:
http://d.evco.in/charity/

so I'd guess admin earnings will show under latest 'account' file and share count under 'devtome'?
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:28:46 PM

Thank you

I don't know which particular file you need, but the daily cronjob output is here:
http://d.evco.in/charity/

so I'd guess admin earnings will show under latest 'account' file and share count under 'devtome'?

The latest account file shows that I have 6.4 shares, plus my devtome earnings.

Are we still on round 28?
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:37:28 PM

The latest account file shows that I have 6.4 shares, plus my devtome earnings.

Are we still on round 28?
Good point, and no. The 'bounty_29' file seems to have your admin details but there's no up to date devtome/other files. I don't know if something went wrong with the latest update, perhaps someone who does can explain.
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:44:36 PM

Thank you

It will probably be posted in this thread at the end of the round...
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:38:56 AM

Looks like xmas is a target to fix the devcoin source code.
Thanks for your efforts on this

Sorry, I haven't stayed on top of Devcoin, but what's wrong with the Devcoin source code?  TIA.

The constant crashes with the Linux QT client, for one.

RealSolid was complaining that the daemon kept crashing.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:06:07 AM

Come share your opinion Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328203.0
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:06:52 AM

I have run the daemons on several machines for months on end, no problem.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:41:13 AM

Someone needs to make one of these, but with a Devcoin holding up the Bitcoin, like Atlas does the Earth.
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/301954_101011673436252_1252180304_n.jpg
best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:41:10 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 09:30:40 AM by best_btc

thanks markm for your insights, sidhujag, anicejewishboy. well, the best thing i can, or could do, as you said, to buy in to dvc now, if i had the ability. buy low, sell high, right.. even inspite of my doubts in the coin, what the heck can I else do?! again, i am not interrested selling at a huge loss, while btc is rocking like never before.
I have bought dvc, when btc was around 150 usd. so dvc proportionally went lower, then the way btc went upper. and during all these months a miriad of coins appeared, obviously part of this is the reason, that dvc is having less air. i mean, you can hardly keep track of the freakin zeros at the dvc price...
 i know, i am venting right now, and i wanna put a handle on this, and rationalize, that the idea behind it was still good, simply form a speculative point of view. I mean, the idea is, that btc is on a wave, right, and altcoins simply sit on that wave, and create the wave of their own. i can fairly see this with ltc happening anytime soon: the more cap btc has, the larger dollar amount speculators can put in any given altcoin. and it is a self-feeding process, with the hype.  btc is an "entry drug", and people still are looking for how to ride the wave within the wave.

and we have seen it: dvc has the ability, exatcly because of it extremly low relative value, to be pumped in a very visual way. on april 20nd it was at a high of 600(!) satoshis. i was actually stitting before my laptop when that pump happened, and tragically let that opportunity slip by, simply cause i thought, it wont stop, but it went away in 1 hour.
i am just very frustrated ,that i found this awesome investment of the whole crypto world, and i could make a lot of money, and instead, i must watch my investement loose value every day. (this is not perfectly true, i am also in other coins interrested, partly ltc, which is about to do just fine.)
lot of words, but still, i get, that stuff has to be done, in action, to change this.

this is why I am asking you all to post requests to gox, and btcchina to add DVC. pump n dumps can only happen between the coins that play out there on the field of exchange sites. It makes me still hopeful, that in june that mtgox operator spilled it, that dvc is going to be added. but i am also afraid that they might change their policy with the newer trends. so i ask you, to keep pushing this envelop, commit sending an email request every day, until its done.
mtgox
https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

btcchina
support@btcchina.com

you name the rest.
any more insight to comfort me are really appreciated. Smiley

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:04:12 PM

Thank you

It will probably be posted in this thread at the end of the round...

Yes, I think Unthinkingbit will post everything then.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:08:32 PM

thanks markm for your insights, sidhujag, anicejewishboy. well, the best thing i can, or could do, as you said, to buy in to dvc now, if i had the ability. buy low, sell high, right.. even inspite of my doubts in the coin, what the heck can I else do?! again, i am not interrested selling at a huge loss, while btc is rocking like never before.
I have bought dvc, when btc was around 150 usd. so dvc proportionally went lower, then the way btc went upper. and during all these months a miriad of coins appeared, obviously part of this is the reason, that dvc is having less air. i mean, you can hardly keep track of the freakin zeros at the dvc price...
 i know, i am venting right now, and i wanna put a handle on this, and rationalize, that the idea behind it was still good, simply form a speculative point of view. I mean, the idea is, that btc is on a wave, right, and altcoins simply sit on that wave, and create the wave of their own. i can fairly see this with ltc happening anytime soon: the more cap btc has, the larger dollar amount speculators can put in any given altcoin. and it is a self-feeding process, with the hype.  btc is an "entry drug", and people still are looking for how to ride the wave within the wave.

and we have seen it: dvc has the ability, exatcly because of it extremly low relative value, to be pumped in a very visual way. on april 20nd it was at a high of 600(!) satoshis. i was actually stitting before my laptop when that pump happened, and tragically let that opportunity slip by, simply cause i thought, it wont stop, but it went away in 1 hour.
i am just very frustrated ,that i found this awesome investment of the whole crypto world, and i could make a lot of money, and instead, i must watch my investement loose value every day. (this is not perfectly true, i am also in other coins interrested, partly ltc, which is about to do just fine.)
lot of words, but still, i get, that stuff has to be done, in action, to change this.

this is why I am asking you all to post requests to gox, and btcchina to add DVC. pump n dumps can only happen between the coins that play out there on the field of exchange sites. It makes me still hopeful, that in june that mtgox operator spilled it, that dvc is going to be added. but i am also afraid that they might change their policy with the newer trends. so i ask you, to keep pushing this envelop, commit sending an email request every day, until its done.
mtgox
https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

btcchina
support@btcchina.com

you name the rest.
any more insight to comfort me are really appreciated. Smiley

If you want Devcoin to go up in value, tell EVERYONE about devcoin. Bitcoins value is based on awareness, the more people want it the more it is worth. And the more new people learn about it, the more new people want it. Devcoin is the SAME.
smeagol
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:13:08 AM

If you want Devcoin to go up in value, tell EVERYONE about devcoin. Bitcoins value is based on awareness, the more people want it the more it is worth. And the more new people learn about it, the more new people want it. Devcoin is the SAME.

We can just tell people that Devcoin has reached record lows and it's time to buy.  The hype will be a self-fulfilling prophecy!
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:32:02 AM

We can just tell people that Devcoin has reached record lows and it's time to buy.  The hype will be a self-fulfilling prophecy!

I think it's better to tell people to come write. Or invite them to get DVC wallets to create tip jars.

The more people there are doing the work you enjoy to earn coins, the more you will want to learn about them right?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:51:58 AM

This is a great post, and I totally agree about being willing to hold out for a higher sell price.  I'm also playing around with trying to buy low and sell off a few points higher, although I think this is a tough time to get into that because the price of Bitcoin is running away so much, so I've kind of backed off of that even for the time being.  I'll try that again once the price of Bitcoin stabilizes a bit and alt coins start to move more.

I was noticing too that considering the fact that Bitcoin has about tripled in price over the past three weeks, Devcoin is actually holding out fairly well.  Yes, its value has fallen, but not proportionally to how much Bitcoin has gone up.  In fact, Devcoin has been sitting right around 19-20 sat the entire time that Bitcoins have gone from just under $300 to just under $400.  Now I notice bitcoin is back at $300 and falling and Devcoin price hasn't gone up either.  I'm not sure what all that means, but I have noticed a lot of alt coins have taken a hit, but I was expecting Devcoin to take an even bigger hit than it did.

I had never considered the whole issue where the amount of Devcoins doubles between year 1 and year 2 but only increases by a third between year 2 and year 3 and less thereafter.  So that would mean that we are currently experiencing the greatest price drops due to inflation that will ever happen, and this part should balance out as the coin "matures."

And I have a greater appreciation for those Devtome writers who have been at it for a long time and are holding onto their Devcoins (and not dumping them).  Although I do sell some of mine I do not sell anywhere near all of them (I don't have any desire to kill the price by selling down the buy wall either) and mine are starting to pile up as well.

My position has tended to be that the merged mined coins are ultimately a good bet simply because it is so trivially easy for miners to support them.

Most of the altcoins all have to divide up among them the hashing power that is available in the world, but the merged mined coins such as DeVCoin can all share the same massive bunch of hashing power so hopefully will long term be the most secure.

The thing about coins that never stop or even decrease the number of coins minted per block, such as DeVCoin and GRouPcoin and, I think, also CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld, is that in their second year the number of coins minted is 100% of what had previously existed, in their third year the number minted is 50% of what previously existed, in their fourth year the number minted is 33.33333333% of what previously existed and so on, that is to say it takes years for the new coins coming into existence in a given year to become a small fraction of the number already existing. Billions of DeVCoins already exist, but billions more are still being made. So it seems reasonable that it should take years from the time such coins are launched until their rate of inflation is low so we should expect that the first bunch of years people will dismiss them as printing way too many coins per year.

Take some comfort in the fact that at least some people who hold billions of them are not dumping them, because they could totally clean out the buy offers any time but they have not done so. They are maybe even the very people who are buying as well as selling, like I do, to keep the coin liquid. I have offers on Vircurex at every possible price on both buy and sell sides except the gap in between buy and sell where the actual trading at a given moment is going on. Thus basically whenever anyone sells I am buying but also whenever anyone buys I am selling. I have a fixed amount on the exchange and it just keeps changing how much of it is in bitcoins and how much is in devcoins as the buying and selling goes back and forth.

I would suggest that unless you like the idea of doing that - sitting on both sides of the gap between buys and sells, to profit on either direction - you simply forget about your DeVCoins until you hear they have gone back up above 200 satoshis each, or maybe 200 satoshis adjusted for bitcoin value increase since back when above 200 was the reasonable level bitcoins themselves were only worth $100 or less.

Looking at how much bitcoins have been going up, it has looked to me like maybe devcoins were actually being carried up with them to some extent, that is, devcoins haven't seemed offhand to me to be dropping relative to bitcoin as fast as bitcoin has been going up relative to fiat currencies. Is that not lately the case? Maybe I had the wrong impression.

I consider the times when DeVCoin is low to be great times to be buying, because I am confident they will go back up eventually.

When you bought for 250 satoshis per devcoin, how many dollars were bitcoins worth?

If you buy more devcoins while they are cheap, your average price paid per devcoin will become lower than 250 the more you buy the lower! Smiley Cheesy

I suggest not directly/instantly buying or selling "accepting the market price" but instead pick the price you want to buy or sell at put your offer there and sit back waiting for someone someday to take you up on your offer, instead of being the impatient side of the trade accepting some offer someone else already has in place. (Assuming a somewhat trusted exchange such as Vircurex that historically has always made good to its customers any time it took losses from hacks etc, of course, so you can feel reasonably confident leaving coins on the exchange waiting for your offer to be taken up by someone.)

-MarkM-

ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

This is a great post, and I totally agree about being willing to hold out for a higher sell price.  I'm also playing around with trying to buy low and sell off a few points higher, although I think this is a tough time to get into that because the price of Bitcoin is running away so much, so I've kind of backed off of that even for the time being.  I'll try that again once the price of Bitcoin stabilizes a bit and alt coins start to move more.

I was noticing too that considering the fact that Bitcoin has about tripled in price over the past three weeks, Devcoin is actually holding out fairly well.  Yes, its value has fallen, but not proportionally to how much Bitcoin has gone up.  In fact, Devcoin has been sitting right around 19-20 sat the entire time that Bitcoins have gone from just under $300 to just under $400.  Now I notice bitcoin is back at $300 and falling and Devcoin price hasn't gone up either.  I'm not sure what all that means, but I have noticed a lot of alt coins have taken a hit, but I was expecting Devcoin to take an even bigger hit than it did.

I had never considered the whole issue where the amount of Devcoins doubles between year 1 and year 2 but only increases by a third between year 2 and year 3 and less thereafter.  So that would mean that we are currently experiencing the greatest price drops due to inflation that will ever happen, and this part should balance out as the coin "matures."

And I have a greater appreciation for those Devtome writers who have been at it for a long time and are holding onto their Devcoins (and not dumping them).  Although I do sell some of mine I do not sell anywhere near all of them (I don't have any desire to kill the price by selling down the buy wall either) and mine are starting to pile up as well.

My position has tended to be that the merged mined coins are ultimately a good bet simply because it is so trivially easy for miners to support them.

Most of the altcoins all have to divide up among them the hashing power that is available in the world, but the merged mined coins such as DeVCoin can all share the same massive bunch of hashing power so hopefully will long term be the most secure.

The thing about coins that never stop or even decrease the number of coins minted per block, such as DeVCoin and GRouPcoin and, I think, also CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld, is that in their second year the number of coins minted is 100% of what had previously existed, in their third year the number minted is 50% of what previously existed, in their fourth year the number minted is 33.33333333% of what previously existed and so on, that is to say it takes years for the new coins coming into existence in a given year to become a small fraction of the number already existing. Billions of DeVCoins already exist, but billions more are still being made. So it seems reasonable that it should take years from the time such coins are launched until their rate of inflation is low so we should expect that the first bunch of years people will dismiss them as printing way too many coins per year.

Take some comfort in the fact that at least some people who hold billions of them are not dumping them, because they could totally clean out the buy offers any time but they have not done so. They are maybe even the very people who are buying as well as selling, like I do, to keep the coin liquid. I have offers on Vircurex at every possible price on both buy and sell sides except the gap in between buy and sell where the actual trading at a given moment is going on. Thus basically whenever anyone sells I am buying but also whenever anyone buys I am selling. I have a fixed amount on the exchange and it just keeps changing how much of it is in bitcoins and how much is in devcoins as the buying and selling goes back and forth.

I would suggest that unless you like the idea of doing that - sitting on both sides of the gap between buys and sells, to profit on either direction - you simply forget about your DeVCoins until you hear they have gone back up above 200 satoshis each, or maybe 200 satoshis adjusted for bitcoin value increase since back when above 200 was the reasonable level bitcoins themselves were only worth $100 or less.

Looking at how much bitcoins have been going up, it has looked to me like maybe devcoins were actually being carried up with them to some extent, that is, devcoins haven't seemed offhand to me to be dropping relative to bitcoin as fast as bitcoin has been going up relative to fiat currencies. Is that not lately the case? Maybe I had the wrong impression.

I consider the times when DeVCoin is low to be great times to be buying, because I am confident they will go back up eventually.

When you bought for 250 satoshis per devcoin, how many dollars were bitcoins worth?

If you buy more devcoins while they are cheap, your average price paid per devcoin will become lower than 250 the more you buy the lower! Smiley Cheesy

I suggest not directly/instantly buying or selling "accepting the market price" but instead pick the price you want to buy or sell at put your offer there and sit back waiting for someone someday to take you up on your offer, instead of being the impatient side of the trade accepting some offer someone else already has in place. (Assuming a somewhat trusted exchange such as Vircurex that historically has always made good to its customers any time it took losses from hacks etc, of course, so you can feel reasonably confident leaving coins on the exchange waiting for your offer to be taken up by someone.)

-MarkM-

Buy low sell high is a great philosophy. But, get for free then hold on for dear life, is not.
bitezze

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:26:01 PM

Announcing http://bitezze.com an E-commerce business focused on the exchange of DVC and many other Crypto-Currency into tangible products and assets.

We currently carry Jewelry and Precious Metals in stock and ready to ship. Moreover, we intend to continually broaden our product offering to include a wide array consumer goods.

We founded Bitezze.com to sell Men’s and Women’s Jewelry as well as precious, semi-precious, and base metals in the form of coins, rounds, and ingots. Bitezze.com is an E-commerce business located in the United States.

Currently we accept at least 18 Crypto-currencies as well as US Dollars as a means of payment for your purchases.

Currencies Currently accepted:

US Dollar                   USD (Via Paypal)
Androids Tokens           ADT
Bitcoin                   BTC
Litecoin                   LTC
BBQCoin                   BQC   
CryptogenicBullion   CGB
Devcoin                   DVC   
Feathercoin            FTC
Infinitecoin                   IFC   
Krugercoin                   KGC
Namecoin                   NMC   
Redcoin                   RED
Peercoin                   PPC   
Starcoin                   STR
Terracoin                   TRC   
Worldcoin                   WDC
Primecoin                   XPM   
Novacoin                   NVC
Goldcoin                   GLD   
Megacoin                   MEC
Sexcoin                   SXC   
Zetacoin                   ZET

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:36:52 PM

Round 28 is still being paid out, how long do we have left to write on Devtome to be included in round 29?
notabot

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

Round 29 ended at 113,300. Round starts, ends, and payouts are at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_stats

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

I still do not have the hang of this "rounds" thing, but I assume that everything written but not counted in a round, will be counted in the following round?

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: