Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701043 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:14:28 AM

Storx is correct here. Awesome Miner is only using WhatToMine for individual coin profit. When mining on Nicehash, zpool or Mining Pool Hub, Awesome Miner uses the API's of these services to figure out the profitability, as these services doesn't mine a fixed coin all the time. From the "outside", it's very difficult to know the profit of mining on these three pools without asking them (via API), so that's what Awesome Miner do.

One small correction, Mining Pool Hub does have coin mining ports in addition to their own auto switching algo mining ports. So Mining Pool Hub should be able to work with fixed coin profit switching. The Multi Pool Miner package has the feature of coin mining on MPH but I haven't tried it.
For port range 17000-17099, Awesome Miner considers Mining Pool Hub as a multi-coin pool that you configure as an Online Service. For the other single-coin pools by Mining Pool Hub, they are just single coin and then Awesome Miner will be using the coin sources like WhatToMine.

I don't think I understand. If you go to https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=home&normalize=none and scroll down to the second table, you will see individual coin mining BTC/GH/Day ratings. And the Json return from "http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics also shows individual coins for the coin mining ports 20xxx rather than the algo mining profit switch ports 17xxx. Doesn't this provide the information you need?
That page contains a few coins, but from Awesome Miner's point of view, MPH is not a source for single coin information because WhatToMine is more complete in terms of coins and information.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:56:52 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 10:26:29 AM by Gongolo

Hello and thanks for new version.

Signatum don't work for me.
I have the new coin but it was always "0.00 CHF".
In coins section, I have nothing in blocks, network hash rate, difficulty and Exchange rate.
I have add http://whattomine.com/coins/191.json on the new statistic section, but it's the same.

The only thing is to change manualy.

Thanks.

Yes, can't make it work.
mjmeans

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

I don't think I understand. If you go to https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=home&normalize=none and scroll down to the second table, you will see individual coin mining BTC/GH/Day ratings. And the Json return from "http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics also shows individual coins for the coin mining ports 20xxx rather than the algo mining profit switch ports 17xxx. Doesn't this provide the information you need?
That page contains a few coins, but from Awesome Miner's point of view, MPH is not a source for single coin information because WhatToMine is more complete in terms of coins and information.

But for someone who is only mining with Mining Pool Hub only, then only those coins matter. And it could be argued that MPH rating for BTC/GH/Day for it's own coin pools will be more accurate than WTM because it can account for it's own transaction fees and because it will be based on it's own actual performance.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

Also, as you probably noticed in their license information, I'm explicitly forbidden to automatically download Excavator from Awesome Miner. So the user experience will not be as good when I move to v1.2.

Well, not really. click through license limitations are really not enforceable. But in any case, you can get around it by embedding a web browser window inside AM that will display the "releases" page or whatever. You could even have AM parse the returned page and discard all parts of the page except the link (they can't enforce a copyright on or enforce a process on the download mechanism of GitHub). The AM user must manually click the download link which makes them responsible for the download, not you. But at the user click AM can intercept the link activation (since it is an owned browser window) and make sure the download goes to a know place where AM can extract it to the right folder and configure it for the end user.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've had over 20 years of experience in IP (both patents and copyrights) and have several device patents (no software patents) to my name. The browser is a part of Windows. There is no fundamental difference, from a license standpoint, if your application launches the browser window as an embedded owned browser window and intercepts and process the users explicit request within the context of the user's desire to add it as a managed program to your program. It's obvious that NiceHash wants their program to really be usable only within their domain, but that's an unfair restriction (and unfair business practice) on a software that is otherwise freely available for separate use.

Of course Excavator using GitHub to host their closed-source application is a questionable use of GitHub in the first place. They just don't want to pay for server bandwidth to host their own proprietary program distribution. Then they use the source control part of GitHub to make a sort of documentation site; again, because they don't want to pay for their own server. There may or may not be anything against the terms of service of GitHub, but it seems at least dishonest and an abuse of what GitHub is meant to be to me.
Thanks for the insightful feedback on this. I have been talking to the responsible person at Nicehash about this before, and from their point of view, I'm not allowed to do automatic download of Excavator v1.2. And I don't want to make any enemies so I will have to agree to that.

As you point out, there are ways of making it easier for the user to make this setup anyway, but right now this has a little lower priority because of the extra work it would require to make something that still gives poor user experience. Right now it's not only the Awesome Miner main application that makes the downloads, but also each Remote Agent.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

Hello and thanks for new version.

Signatum don't work for me.
I have the new coin but it was always "0.00 CHF".
In coins section, I have nothing in blocks, network hash rate, difficulty and Exchange rate.
I have add http://whattomine.com/coins/191.json on the new statistic section, but it's the same.

The only thing is to change manualy.

Thanks.

Yes, can't make it work.
Thanks for the feedback - I've identified the problem. I will make a new release later today with a correction and a few other updates.

Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:31:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback - I've identified the problem. I will make a new release later today with a correction and a few other updates.

Thank you for your work!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:59:51 PM

Maybe you messed this one:

I am proposing some enhancements to AM:
    [...]
    • Option to start miner sw as window (as is) OR minimized
    [...]
    [/list]

It is very annoying when the new miner window steals the focus ... whats even worse: Hitting the space bar and the very wrong moment will actually pause the intrusive miner Angry

So please start miners hidden... TIA!  Kiss
    Starting hidden and starting minimized are different, and in fact it's not easy to get a miner console application starting minimized (it can be forced minimized after starting). The feature to run the miner console application hidden is already supported by the configuration in the Managed Miners. I can add the same settings to the Managed Profit Miners as well.

Dumpfdoesel

Activity: 32

View Profile
    August 08, 2017, 06:23:25 PM

Maybe you missed this one:

I am proposing some enhancements to AM:
      [...]
      • Option to start miner sw as window (as is) OR minimized
      [...]
      [/list]

It is very annoying when the new miner window steals the focus ... whats even worse: Hitting the space bar and the very wrong moment will actually pause the intrusive miner Angry

So please start miners hidden... TIA!  Kiss
      Starting hidden and starting minimized are different, and in fact it's not easy to get a miner console application starting minimized (it can be forced minimized after starting). The feature to run the miner console application hidden is already supported by the configuration in the Managed Miners. I can add the same settings to the Managed Profit Miners as well.

Anything that stops an app stealing the focus will help...  Smiley
      >> it's not easy to get a miner console application starting minimized
      How does NiceHashMinerLegacy do it?
      I tried running a miner via .lnk file (shortcut) - does not work Sad this might be an option to run it minimized.
      Dumpfdoesel

Activity: 32

View Profile
      August 08, 2017, 06:42:39 PM

Running AM on a 4K screen (fontscaling 175%)

AM 's fonts are very fuzzy. I tried changing compatibility options (Override high DPI scaling behavior) with very limited success.  Undecided

The only setting that does sharpen the fonts is 'Application', but it renders the program unusable in other situations:

https://ibb.co/gpsCBa
      https://ibb.co/gSgiHF
      https://ibb.co/i2aAxF
      https://ibb.co/duixcF

I wish I could contribute more than just nagging... Smiley I really appreciate AM - keep up the great work  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
      patrike (OP)
      Legendary

View Profile WWW
      August 08, 2017, 09:43:06 PM

Version 3.2.4 (Development preview of 3.3 - Not for production use)

I'm not attaching the full change log. This release mainly includes:
      - Correction to the problem where Signatum coin not getting correct statistics
      - Managed Profit Miners can be configured with environment settings like Managed Miners, where window mode and processor settings can be defined.

Important: The Remote Agent must also be upgraded.

Development Previews can be enabled from the Options dialog, General section. Then Menu -> Check for updates. If you need access to the MSI files for manual installation:
      http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
      http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteAgent.msi

Skol600ml

Activity: 158
      Merit: 100

View Profile
      August 08, 2017, 10:54:16 PM

Hey Patrike,

Could you include "fanmin" into Device Profile for Claymore's Miner, please?

Only works for AMD but it's work and i find it useful.
      Yes, I will add that in the next version

It's working. Ty Patrike.
      saintv

Activity: 146
      Merit: 12

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 12:20:41 AM

Patrike.
      hi.
      in one pc i mined at the same time at 2 programs - 1060 card in claymors and 1070 in ewbf
      in awesome miner i see only miner 1060 and 1070 not find
      how i may tune in awesome 2 miner for 1 pc?
      tnx.
      xpalax

Activity: 65
      Merit: 10

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 01:54:29 AM

I have a question.  I cannot seem to find any options for idle detection.  I know this is normally for dedicated rigs, but there is a lack of options outside of NH's own miner and their fees are pretty high.
      Storx

Activity: 322
      Merit: 233

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 03:23:53 AM

I was curious if maybe there is a better way of going about this...

Since SIGT hit block 30k, the profit has stumbled down to the middle of the pack on profits, so i started moving my rigs back over ZEC inside of AM, so what i find annoying is i have to go into each managed miner and change the software on each, then select new pool... wouldn't be better if the software associated with what coin is being mined is tag on the pool and not the managed miner? just curious what others feel about this or maybe im overlooking a easier way of moving them over...

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
      puwaha

Activity: 700
      Merit: 294

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 04:20:49 AM

I was curious if maybe there is a better way of going about this...

Since SIGT hit block 30k, the profit has stumbled down to the middle of the pack on profits, so i started moving my rigs back over ZEC inside of AM, so what i find annoying is i have to go into each managed miner and change the software on each, then select new pool... wouldn't be better if the software associated with what coin is being mined is tag on the pool and not the managed miner? just curious what others feel about this or maybe im overlooking a easier way of moving them over...

You should setup templates.  It's really fast to apply a template to a set of miners (CTRL or SHIFT click your sets of miners, right click and apply template.)

You should setup a template for each coin that you want to use more often than just playing or testing.

It really makes it easy to go back to the "old standby" coin when you get frustrated trying to get a new miner/coin/algo working or stable.  Smiley
      cashen

Activity: 434
      Merit: 251

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 04:58:26 AM

I just updated to the new version and it will not open. Anyone else having this issue?
      cashen

Activity: 434
      Merit: 251

View Profile
      August 09, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

I just updated to the new version and it will not open. Anyone else having this issue?

I would suggest everyone NOT to update.

Tried restarting system with no luck. Tried installing it again with no luck. I hope it something with my machine only.

patrike (OP)
      Legendary

View Profile WWW
      August 09, 2017, 05:54:26 AM

I would suggest everyone NOT to update.

Tried restarting system with no luck. Tried installing it again with no luck. I hope it something with my machine only.
      Could you please send me your log file:
      %localappdata%\AwesomeMiner\AwesomeMiner.log

To reinstall, you probably need to uninstall the software from Control Panel, Programs and Features, first.

patrike (OP)
      Legendary

View Profile WWW
      August 09, 2017, 06:01:36 AM

But for someone who is only mining with Mining Pool Hub only, then only those coins matter. And it could be argued that MPH rating for BTC/GH/Day for it's own coin pools will be more accurate than WTM because it can account for it's own transaction fees and because it will be based on it's own actual performance.

It might be a variantion of one or a few percent, but even if MPH calculates given their previous block finding luck in mind, that's never an indication of current or future profits anyway. I do understand your point here, but for the moment, WhatToMine will be the main source for coin information. If more people requires this feature, I will of course been considered for future development.

patrike (OP)
      Legendary

View Profile WWW
      August 09, 2017, 06:05:34 AM

Patrike.
      hi.
      in one pc i mined at the same time at 2 programs - 1060 card in claymors and 1070 in ewbf
      in awesome miner i see only miner 1060 and 1070 not find
      how i may tune in awesome 2 miner for 1 pc?
      tnx.
      I assume you have a setup with two Managed Miners, one for Claymore and one for EWBF?

Do you see both your GPUs on the System tab when you select any of these miners? Then you can try to map the GPU information to each Managed Miner:
      http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpumapping.aspx

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 646 »
        Print  

Jump to: