Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701024 times)
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:57:01 AM

About profit switching, I would like to switch pools according to most profitable coin (whattomine list).

- I have all nvidia cards; according to whattomine, my most profitable coins usually are SIGT, KMD, HUSH, LBC, ZEC.
- I configured a pool for each coin (all at suprnova) and then grouped them in a pool group.
- In options -> profit switching I enabled managed profit switching, disabled nicehash/zpool/mph, enabled my pool group as custom pool.
- I then added a profit switching miner using nvidia profile.
- In coin list (clicked "update") I can see SIGT as most profitable, but if I start my profit miner it fires up equihash miner for KMD suprnova pool.
- After "x" minutes, it switches pool (I think it asked whattomine for most profitable coin), but it select HUSH even if SIGT is still the most profitable in that moment, followed by LBC.

I am missing something, but I am unable to find out where my mistake is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samm1129

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:07:10 AM

@patrike is there a way to add another pool to profit switch list?

I wanted to add prohashing.com to managed profit switching list but unable to do so... only zpool and nicehash is there

Yes. In Options dialog, Profit switching section, you can add a custom pool. This can either be a single pool you have defined, or a pool group if you want to add many. You need to define this pool yourself first (Options dialog, Pools section).

I have done that, but where to add API for that pool to ensure it utilizes profitability just like zpool and nicehash does.

Patrike may be able to correct me if im wrong, but from my understanding and experience it seems that profit switching is not based on the api settings under online services list, it seems to profit switch based on the "coin" tab list... which is not dependent on any specific pool, it uses a calculation between your hashrate and the exchange rate price and difficulty to determine the profitability list. So having multiples of the same coin on different pools may be pointless...

I have used the profit switching part of the AM very little and when i did it seemed to switch based on which is list # 1 coin under coin tab regardless whats listed on online services....

That is odd, because Nicehash isn't mining specific coin, and they aren't showing what coin they are mining, zpool does, but zpool profitability is available through API.
i have tried both pools and kept watching profitability, miners were jumping from one pool to another as soon as profitability increased.
Gongolo

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:19:12 PM

About profit switching, I would like to switch pools according to most profitable coin (whattomine list).

- I have all nvidia cards; according to whattomine, my most profitable coins usually are SIGT, KMD, HUSH, LBC, ZEC.
- I configured a pool for each coin (all at suprnova) and then grouped them in a pool group.
- In options -> profit switching I enabled managed profit switching, disabled nicehash/zpool/mph, enabled my pool group as custom pool.
- In coin list (clicked "update") I can see SIGT as most profitable, but if I start my profit miner it fires up equihash miner for KMD suprnova pool.
- After "x" minutes, it switches pool (I think it asked whattomine for most profitable coin), but it select HUSH even if SIGT is still the most profitable in that moment, followed by LBC.

Looking at logs, Awesome Miner checks for "profitability information" for all selected coins, except SIGT.
Maybe that's why it doesn't pick SIGT even if it is at top of whattomine list.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

I wanted to add prohashing.com to managed profit switching list but unable to do so... only zpool and nicehash is there

Yes. In Options dialog, Profit switching section, you can add a custom pool. This can either be a single pool you have defined, or a pool group if you want to add many. You need to define this pool yourself first (Options dialog, Pools section).

I have done that, but where to add API for that pool to ensure it utilizes profitability just like zpool and nicehash does.

Patrike may be able to correct me if im wrong, but from my understanding and experience it seems that profit switching is not based on the api settings under online services list, it seems to profit switch based on the "coin" tab list... which is not dependent on any specific pool, it uses a calculation between your hashrate and the exchange rate price and difficulty to determine the profitability list. So having multiples of the same coin on different pools may be pointless...

I have used the profit switching part of the AM very little and when i did it seemed to switch based on which is list # 1 coin under coin tab regardless whats listed on online services....

That is odd, because Nicehash isn't mining specific coin, and they aren't showing what coin they are mining, zpool does, but zpool profitability is available through API.
i have tried both pools and kept watching profitability, miners were jumping from one pool to another as soon as profitability increased.

Awesome Miner is looking at both the Online multi-pool services (Nicehash, zpool, MPH) and the individual coins (WhatToMine) to figure out the profitability.

For the services like Nicehash, Awesome Miner has no idea of which coin is used, which is why the Nicehash profit API is used to get this information. Similar for zpool and MPH. All this information is displayed on the Online services tab in Awesome Miner.

For specific coins WhatToMine is used as the source for profitability information. This information is displayed on the Coins tab in Awesome Miner. You can also define your own custom coins (Options dialog, Coins&Profit section), but then you need to enter coin information manually. In the Statistics section it's possible to add additional coins listed on WhatToMine but not on their main page, but all coins are not found there.

The profit switcher requires profit information in order to know which pool to use, so it can look at both the information on the Online Services and Coins tabs in order to make decisions. What it actually uses is defined on this page:

If you select Nicehash only, Awesome Miner will do profit switching on the Nicehash pools only. WhatToMine will not be used for anything.

If you select Nicehash and zpool, Awesome Miner will do profit switch on the Nicehash and zpools, but still not use WhatToMine for anything.

If you select to add a Custom pool as well, then Awesome Miner needs to know the profitability of this pool. So it uses the coin you defined for the pool to look at WhatToMine. It will also look at your own custom coins. It needs to find the profit information somewhere, otherwise it will be considered unknown (zero).

To add multiple custom pools to the profit switcher, define a Pool Group containing all the pools you want Awesome Miner to do profit switching on.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:09:30 PM

Patrike,

Can you take a look at the Profit Switching interval, i have been mining directly for a few weeks due to SIGT hotness, but wanted to go back to profit switching and set it up lastnight on a few coins, it seemed to always switch every 30 minutes no matter if i had it set to 5 minutes or 30 minutes...

Also can you adjust this to allow switching down to 1 minute intervals please.
It should be possible to set it to 1 minute. Can you please send me the log file and indicate at what time you expected another behavior than what Awesome Miner did?
Like, do you want me to start profit switching and then note a period it should have switched, but didnt and state which algo?

Also im not sure if this is a graphical glitch, i noticed when i clicked the down arrows it stopped at 5 minutes, but i just tried manually entering 1 minute and it seems to have accepted it... If i move back over 5 minutes and click the arrows down, it goes down as far as 5 minutes, then stops at 5...
Yes, if you notice incorrect behavior at some point, I need to know what you think is incorrect so I can compare that to what Awesome Miner is doing. Awesome Miner could have done the wrong calculations but taken the correct actions based on that (still wrong end result) or Awesome Miner could have done the same calculations as you, but taken an incorrect action. In order for me to understand the scenario and correct it, I need to see the log files what is going on.

I know that those spinner controls can be a bit strange when it comes to entering a value using the keyboard. But the actual up/down buttons should always make it possible to go down to 1, as far as I can see.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:15:21 PM

Looking at logs, Awesome Miner checks for "profitability information" for all selected coins, except SIGT.
Maybe that's why it doesn't pick SIGT even if it is at top of whattomine list.
Out of the box I don't think you have any mining software selected that can do SIGT mining. If you look in your Profiit profile (Options dialog, Profit profile section, then edit either AMD, nVidia or your custom) you will be able to see the mining software being used for the profit switcher.

I was hoping to see some final/stable version of ccminer or similar that would do Skunkhash (SIGT) and everything else, and I just noticed that just a few days ago this one was released:
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
What I will do in the next release of Awesome Miner is to replace the ccminer 2.1 with this 2.2 version to get Skunkhash support out of the box.

Gongolo

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

[...]

I was hoping to see some final/stable version of ccminer or similar that would do Skunkhash (SIGT) and everything else, and I just noticed that just a few days ago this one was released:
What I will do in the next release of Awesome Miner is to replace the ccminer 2.1 with this 2.2 version to get Skunkhash support out of the box.

Now I understand.
Using a managed miner, my single SIGT pool works (I specified a custom ccminer path and passed the right command line).
It doesn't work in pool group.

Thank you.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:33:55 PM

[...]

Now I understand.
Using a managed miner, my single SIGT pool works (I specified a custom ccminer path and passed the right command line).
It doesn't work in pool group.

Thank you.
You can still add your custom ccminer as a Managed Software and then make it part of the profit switcher:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedsoftware.aspx

But once I include ccminer 2.2, it should work out of the box.

xChackOx

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:34:10 PM

Hi patrike! AwesomeMiner is now correctly switching dual mining and everything seems to be working with NiceHash again. Thanks.

However, I'm still seeing some issues with the profile groups. I've made a detailed post here so you can visualize it better: http://imgur.com/a/HgY55
I don't know if this happens in the other services or with pools since I'm only using NiceHash.

Hope this helps! If you need anything else let me know.
Gongolo

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:42:20 PM

[...]

You can still add your custom ccminer as a Managed Software and then make it part of the profit switcher:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedsoftware.aspx

But once I include ccminer 2.2, it should work out of the box.

Cool feature, I didn't try it yet.
Thank you.
samm1129

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:12:32 PM

Awesome Miner is looking at both the Online multi-pool services (Nicehash, zpool, MPH) and the individual coins (WhatToMine) to figure out the profitability.

For the services like Nicehash, Awesome Miner has no idea of which coin is used, which is why the Nicehash profit API is used to get this information. Similar for zpool and MPH. All this information is displayed on the Online services tab in Awesome Miner.

For specific coins WhatToMine is used as the source for profitability information. This information is displayed on the Coins tab in Awesome Miner. You can also define your own custom coins (Options dialog, Coins&Profit section), but then you need to enter coin information manually. In the Statistics section it's possible to add additional coins listed on WhatToMine but not on their main page, but all coins are not found there.

The profit switcher requires profit information in order to know which pool to use, so it can look at both the information on the Online Services and Coins tabs in order to make decisions. What it actually uses is defined on this page:

If you select Nicehash only, Awesome Miner will do profit switching on the Nicehash pools only. WhatToMine will not be used for anything.

If you select Nicehash and zpool, Awesome Miner will do profit switch on the Nicehash and zpools, but still not use WhatToMine for anything.

If you select to add a Custom pool as well, then Awesome Miner needs to know the profitability of this pool. So it uses the coin you defined for the pool to look at WhatToMine. It will also look at your own custom coins. It needs to find the profit information somewhere, otherwise it will be considered unknown (zero).

To add multiple custom pools to the profit switcher, define a Pool Group containing all the pools you want Awesome Miner to do profit switching on.

is there a way to add online multi-pool service like Prohashing.com  it's just like zpool and has API's of profitability.
MrMaulwurf

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:25:52 PM

Is there an option to change profitability of coins / pools from "Current" to "Last 24h"?
razvanilinca

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:23:55 PM

Guys, something's very wrong with Awesome Miner. Take a look.

http://preview.ibb.co/fL0umk/Capture3.png

Sorry, uploading the image properly is beating me up.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:31:04 PM

is there a way to add online multi-pool service like Prohashing.com  it's just like zpool and has API's of profitability.

If they have single coin pools, where the coin is listed on WhatToMine, it will work with the profit switcher. If they have multi-coin switching pools, then it will not work until Awesome Miner includes support for the Prohashing API. Prohashing has some strange design of how to pass worker names to their pool, so I was hoping they would fix this flaw first.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

Is there an option to change profitability of coins / pools from "Current" to "Last 24h"?
That's unfortunately not possible. In which scenario is this needed? To get more stable profit values?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:34:54 PM

Guys, something's very wrong with Awesome Miner. Take a look.

Sorry, uploading the image properly is beating me up.
Nicehash and zpool changed their profit stats a few days ago for some of the algorithms. This is the result. The latest development verison of Awesome Miner adjusts to this change.

karabas

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

Hi! Is Linux miners support planned?
MrMaulwurf

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:56:07 AM

That's unfortunately not possible. In which scenario is this needed? To get more stable profit values?

The "Current profitability" is sometimes changing too fast. AM is switching to a pool/coin and 2 minutes later the profitability is gone because the difficulty changed or something else.
spider703

Activity: 1764
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:56:49 AM

Patrick hi, in online statistics there is a miningrigrentals.com  and how to add to AM to put up your power for sale at the this miningrigrentals.com

BTC 1Hof999zuqUKpifmzrSABv7tNr4nRaoJKM LTC Lf2L6DTBr2gXT38d7cVRqDQiHMndtXQyNW or write me in https://t.me/spider703
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:27:07 PM

Hi! Is Linux miners support planned?
Hi. No plans right now, but maybe in the future. If you already have miners running on Linux, you can at least connect to and monitor them using the External Miner feature in Awesome Miner.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: