Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700857 times)
jamesmbond

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:09:13 AM

Seems the MSIAfterburneragent is not auto-started by AwesomeMiner in 3.2.6 version.    I believe this used to work (not sure now) in past version.    My Awesome miner remote agent starting up fine on all 3 of my miners but all 3 now no longer auto start the MSI afterburner agent.  I have confirmed under Options the command line to executable.   Once I manually start up MSI afterburner agent on each node, my Awesomeminer can manage the MSI afterburner settings through the console.

Is this known problem with 3.2.6 beta release?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:37:15 AM

These are some really awesome features coming up, Patrike (pun intended).  Will the Afterburner GPU Clocking Profiles only be available in the Premium edition?  Also, how much will you be charging for the cloud interface?
derbien

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

I tried to move my AM install from PC1 to PC2 (after setting up all Rigs with NeoRouter). I did this with copying the config file from the profile dir.

I am now getting the following error (in the log) when connecting to my managed hosts:
> ProtocolException for channel: AwesomeMiner.Service.Contracts.ServiceContracts.IMinerService, 10.0.0.4:9630
( ... this line repeats a lot ..)

After a while, this results in AM thinking the Miner is offline and trying to restart. Which in turn leads to anything from Claymore running twice to repeated restarts.

I then thought, maybe the profile is wired - lets start over. I then deleted the profile and re-added the miners and their profile manually. The error is still there.
I have not re-installed the client yet. I am also pretty certain the network connection is okay - pings are stable with no lost packets or something.

Any hints on where to look or how to debug this?

Thanks,
Alex
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:13:45 PM

Seems the MSIAfterburneragent is not auto-started by AwesomeMiner in 3.2.6 version.    I believe this used to work (not sure now) in past version.    My Awesome miner remote agent starting up fine on all 3 of my miners but all 3 now no longer auto start the MSI afterburner agent.  I have confirmed under Options the command line to executable.   Once I manually start up MSI afterburner agent on each node, my Awesomeminer can manage the MSI afterburner settings through the console.

There are no changes to Afterburner autostart in any of the development versions. Can you clear the settings in the Options dialog, MSI Afterburner section, for:
Auto start path
Username
Password
Then click OK. Then you go back and fill in those 3 fields again. Are the settings applied?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:55:41 PM

These are some really awesome features coming up, Patrike (pun intended).  Will the Afterburner GPU Clocking Profiles only be available in the Premium edition?  Also, how much will you be charging for the cloud interface?
Many thanks! The profiles are based on the existing Afterburner integration, and will also require Premium Edition.

Preliminary information about the Cloud Services can be found on this page:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/cloud.aspx

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
jamesmbond

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:20:36 PM

There are no changes to Afterburner autostart in any of the development versions. Can you clear the settings in the Options dialog, MSI Afterburner section, for:
Auto start path
Username
Password
Then click OK. Then you go back and fill in those 3 fields again. Are the settings applied?

Did not fix the issue.  I now have 4 miners all running AwesomeMiner agent but this Afterburner Remote Agent is not auto starting on any of the 4 miners.   Again i have confirmed the command line points to the correct .exe and directory, the security key is correct and port is correct.   I can confirm that manually making changes in Awesome Miner console to GPU settings does work--they do update to each remote miner so the communications are working, just not the autostart of the MSIafterburnerremoteagent itself.    I tried adding MSIafterburner remote agent to my shell:startup in Windows but for some reason this doesn't actually run/start the remote agent (other items in my shell:startup directory start up automatically).
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:59:28 PM

the cloud service Price seems reason able but for a year not sure if i want to comment to a year .. if you go month to month. i know i will or even 3 month, but it's cool I understand an this is not a complaint just honest Feedback . so for now ill hold off on even trying it for 30 days an wait and see what others say and what happens .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:08:18 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:34:15 PM by toptek

Seems the MSIAfterburneragent is not auto-started by AwesomeMiner in 3.2.6 version.    I believe this used to work (not sure now) in past version.    My Awesome miner remote agent starting up fine on all 3 of my miners but all 3 now no longer auto start the MSI afterburner agent.  I have confirmed under Options the command line to executable.   Once I manually start up MSI afterburner agent on each node, my Awesomeminer can manage the MSI afterburner settings through the console.

Auto start path
Username
Password

Did not fix the issue.  I now have 4 miners all running AwesomeMiner agent but this Afterburner Remote Agent is not auto starting on any of the 4 miners.   Again i have confirmed the command line points to the correct .exe and directory, the security key is correct and port is correct.   I can confirm that manually making changes in Awesome Miner console to GPU settings does work--they do update to each remote miner so the communications are working, just not the autostart of the MSIafterburnerremoteagent itself.    I tried adding MSIafterburner remote agent to my shell:startup in Windows but for some reason this doesn't actually run/start the remote agent (other items in my shell:startup directory start up automatically).

just making sure are you using this http://download.cnet.com/MSI-Afterburner-Remote-Server/3000-20432_4-75871627.html  an not this http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html which comes with After burner I'm not trying to insult you either .. i made the mistake of thinking rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server was it till I remembered using the Afterburner-Remote-Server a long time ago ...

few other things make sure afterburner it self is running on each PC with all voltage setting in MSI after burner enabled on each rig and after burner is loaded or it may not auto load or even work, all but force constant voltage unless you want to use that it's not needed . an you have the right path were it is on each RIG an on the main PC  use the same path and password for all the rigs. make sure remote desktop is on with the right password on all the rigs an it allows access something like this on each rig

other wise GL not trying to insult you, trying to help.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:12:58 PM

Auto start path
Username
Password

Did not fix the issue.  I now have 4 miners all running AwesomeMiner agent but this Afterburner Remote Agent is not auto starting on any of the 4 miners.   Again i have confirmed the command line points to the correct .exe and directory, the security key is correct and port is correct.   I can confirm that manually making changes in Awesome Miner console to GPU settings does work--they do update to each remote miner so the communications are working, just not the autostart of the MSIafterburnerremoteagent itself.    I tried adding MSIafterburner remote agent to my shell:startup in Windows but for some reason this doesn't actually run/start the remote agent (other items in my shell:startup directory start up automatically).
The complexity here, which is also the reason why it fails when you manually try this from Windows startup, is that the MSI Afterburner Remote Server (and their UI app) must be running as Administrator. This is fully possible to do with some configuration using Task Scheduler, and that's what Awesome Miner is trying to setup. A stanard Startup-folder solution is not working. It would be great if the Afterburner software had built-in support for auto-starting properly, but that isn't available.

The username you specified in the Options dialog of Awesome Miner must be the same username you are logged on to on the remote computer where you run your mining and Awesome Miner Remote Agent. It shouldn't be some other account like the Administrator. You probably checked this already, but I just want to confirm. I've also updated the guide on the web site about these settings in the Options dialog:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpuclocking.aspx

What you can look at on the remote computer is the log file for Awesome Miner Remote Agent, that can be accessed if you right-click on the icon and select Log File. Look for "Setting MSI Remote Server path" and then it should say Register Task successful or failed.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:19:18 PM

I tried to move my AM install from PC1 to PC2 (after setting up all Rigs with NeoRouter). I did this with copying the config file from the profile dir.

I am now getting the following error (in the log) when connecting to my managed hosts:
> ProtocolException for channel: AwesomeMiner.Service.Contracts.ServiceContracts.IMinerService, 10.0.0.4:9630

After a while, this results in AM thinking the Miner is offline and trying to restart. Which in turn leads to anything from Claymore running twice to repeated restarts.

I then thought, maybe the profile is wired - lets start over. I then deleted the profile and re-added the miners and their profile manually. The error is still there.
I have not re-installed the client yet. I am also pretty certain the network connection is okay - pings are stable with no lost packets or something.

Thanks,
Alex
So in the Properties for the Managed Host, when you check the connection you get this failure? Have you made sure that you don't have multiple Managed Hosts pointing to the same remote computer? Also, even if you can ping the remote computer, you may have some firewall that blocks the connection on port 9630.

When you say that Awesome Miner is restarting Claymore on the remote computer, then it still sounds like some connection is working. Or do the miners show up with "Service offline" as their status?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:33:11 PM

the cloud service Price seems reason able but for a year not sure if i want to comment to a year .. if you go month to month. i know i will or even 3 month, but it's cool I understand an this is not a complaint just honest Feedback . so for now ill hold off on even trying it for 30 days an wait and see what others say and what happens .
Thanks for the feedback - it's appreciated. The reason why I started with a 1 year subscription is that if I make it 1 month and consider the smallest subscription, it will be about $4 per month and then the credit card processing fee on that makes it less attractive.

I do have some ideas around supporting both 1 month and 1 year subscriptions, but then having the 1 month version a little more expensive. So if you pay per year, it becomes $4 per month while if you pay per month it will be $5 per month (example prices).

The final pricing structure is still being defined, but I wanted to give the community here an idea about what the subscriptions will contain. There will be some changes, although not major, to what you see right now.

Right now you also see that Professional is the smallest subscription, so there is nothing that compares to Standard yet. That might also be added later on.

derbien

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:04:52 PM

Thanks,
Alex
So in the Properties for the Managed Host, when you check the connection you get this failure? Have you made sure that you don't have multiple Managed Hosts pointing to the same remote computer? Also, even if you can ping the remote computer, you may have some firewall that blocks the connection on port 9630.

When you say that Awesome Miner is restarting Claymore on the remote computer, then it still sounds like some connection is working. Or do the miners show up with "Service offline" as their status?

Hi - thank you for getting back to me on this.
- The error msg is from the log. The GUI seems fine and show no error msgs.
- not having multiple hosts pointing to the same remote: Yes. However, i may have had two AM instances connecting to the same remote computers..

I think it may be related to me beeing clumsy - i will take another look at everything.
Thanks Smiley

Chapster

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:18:53 AM

I'm posting a few screenshot of what's in the development pipeline right now. All these features will be included in the next development version, planned to be available within the next few days.

GPU benchmarking

Awesome! Finally a benchmark! Smiley

Do you plan to allow the following:

1) Simultaneous benchmark of several cards at the same time.
For instance, if you have 8 GPUs and 10 algorithms, instead of running 80 measurements, you can run only 10 and grab the result of all the cards.

2) Allow to benchmark several programs for the same algorithm. For example: ccminer_tpruvot, ccminer_klaus, ccminer_sp, ccminer_djm, etc

Oh! and there's a typo in your screenshot: "presice" Smiley
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:25:12 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 03:37:12 AM by toptek

I do have some ideas around supporting both 1 month and 1 year subscriptions, but then having the 1 month version a little more expensive. So if you pay per year, it becomes $4 per month while if you pay per month it will be $5 per month (example prices).

Usually doing the month to month cost more at least any place i do it at it does, like  wow aka world of Warcraft game 14.99 month to month, it can go as low as 12.99 month buying  long term time , Amazon prime 10.99 a month if you buy the year you save 13.00. etc ... the only place I think it didn't matter was renting MS office it was 9.99 a month and forget what a year, there was no discount with MS buying by the year not sure now ....I don't rent it any more, i have no use for it atm. if i ever do I'll buy the download for three PC it's cheaper if you buy the OEM download code off one of the cheap legit software site an there is lots of them  that are actlly legal.

Again just more feed back not complaining ....

CindyOctoviana

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:06:45 AM

Very useful once this article for me a beginner, lots of new science that i get.
thank you
kk22

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:50:06 AM

Hi! Can someone help me out? I was wandering why is my coin per day profit so high?  
I did not specify any pool i was trying to get away with easy method too see what will happen. XD
I just selected nicehash in profit switching menu and added my wallet.
https://ibb.co/fxWhxQ
I think this is some kind of error... it would be nice though.  Grin
BrAdAsS

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:22:43 PM

I just registered here to try and contact Patrike, but, I read the tail end of these posts and my question has been partially answered.

I've had that problem of Afterburner Remote Server not auto running at boot as well.  Just create a batch file and create a shortcut to it in the startup folder

start msiafterburnerremoteserver.exe
exit

This solved my issue.

Patrike,
I have just setup Hamachi and got it all working between sites but I ran into a problem with the monitoring side.  With awesome miner running on SITE1 and another copy running on SITE2, how can we both view the miner statistics in awesome miner at the same time?
One copy of awesome miner appears to take control preventing the other site from monitoring.  Is this issue solved in the above upcoming update?

Thanks,
Brad
breich

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:24:29 PM

Patrike,

I've used awesomeminer for about six weeks and just found this thread, thanks for being so active.

Is there a 3.2.6 version for the remote service?  If so, each time I try to remotely upgrade, I get a status bar and then it disappears.  Additionally, the link you posted earlier (http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteAgent.msi) is stale.

I'm using Hamachi to connect to a physically remote miner, and the remote agent connection is failing.  My awesomeminer service lists the remote agent as 'stopped', but when I try to launch a miner, all buttons but 'reboot computer' become grayed out--and the reboot computer button does not function.  This miner functioned properly prior to the 3.2.6 update.  I attempted to unisntall/reinstall the remote agent on the miner in question but I still get the same issues.  Note that I have two other miners running over hamachi/remote service v3.2 and I don't have any issues.

Also, is there any chance that the managed profit miner can point to a different set of MPH/NH/zpool addresses?  I have a use case where I want to point different groups of miners to different MPH usernames/NH btc addresses from the same instance of awesomeminer; currently I can only point all of my managed profit miners to one set of addresses/usernames.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:20:23 PM

I'm posting a few screenshot of what's in the development pipeline right now. All these features will be included in the next development version, planned to be available within the next few days.

GPU benchmarking

Awesome! Finally a benchmark! Smiley

Do you plan to allow the following:

1) Simultaneous benchmark of several cards at the same time.
For instance, if you have 8 GPUs and 10 algorithms, instead of running 80 measurements, you can run only 10 and grab the result of all the cards.

2) Allow to benchmark several programs for the same algorithm. For example: ccminer_tpruvot, ccminer_klaus, ccminer_sp, ccminer_djm, etc

Oh! and there's a typo in your screenshot: "presice" Smiley
Thanks for the feedback. The feature is at the moment only testing what's inside your profit profile, but the plan is to improve the benchmark based on user feedback. The infrastructure for doing benchmarking is in place, so it's just a matter of figuring out all the scenarios that would make sense to support.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:22:20 PM

Usually doing the month to month cost more at least any place i do it at it does, like  wow aka world of Warcraft game 14.99 month to month, it can go as low as 12.99 month buying  long term time , Amazon prime 10.99 a month if you buy the year you save 13.00. etc ... the only place I think it didn't matter was renting MS office it was 9.99 a month and forget what a year, there was no discount with MS buying by the year not sure now ....I don't rent it any more, i have no use for it atm. if i ever do I'll buy the download for three PC it's cheaper if you buy the OEM download code off one of the cheap legit software site an there is lots of them  that are actlly legal.

Again just more feed back not complaining ....

When you wrote the above, I had already updated the pricing for the Cloud Services. Everything is listed with per month prices as well to make it easier to compare. And you do have the option to go for billing annually or billing monthly. So thanks for your input - it has already been taken into consideration.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: