Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:02:05 AM

300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:14:03 AM

300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

you dont know if they have a working ASIC.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

No one has even a working sample or a pre-production model?  With difficulties climbing like crazy, by the time it is out, I guess it will take forever to ROI Sad
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:32:41 AM

Chips are at the foundry and when they are done - that's when you know if they got a working ASIC or not. It could turn out to be duds but yeah.

No samples/prototype ASIC or whatever until the chips are done - and I'm fairly sure they'll tell you when they're done.
HyperMega

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:42:17 AM

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

If they would have packaged ASIC samples or even bare dies in hands (not even working), they would had published pictures for sure.
Come on, they even published pictures of the case and fans, which are absolute uncritical parts of their miner!
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:54:17 AM

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

You are joking or simply retarded? They have no working ASIC miner, which is the answer to seljo. If they did, they'd show it. I think even Bitcoinorama will agree on this.

thomashrev89

Activity: 190

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:42:20 AM

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

You are joking or simply retarded? They have no working ASIC miner, which is the answer to seljo. If they did, they'd show it. I think even Bitcoinorama will agree on this.

I said that you dont know if they have one, and you dont.   

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:33:32 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 01:50:26 PM by Phoenix1969

300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh
Does Hashfast?  Does Cointerra?
Ask that Q next week. Pcb samples are most likely being tested as we speak. (With chip on board) Aug 14 news states we will be seeing PCB samples by the end of the week; but you probably knew that.
It's almost as if trolls were hired by BFL & Avalon, or even Hashfast to ask such Q's. Especially since Hashfast's "Why we're better than KNC" post. They couldn't even pre-sell 550 units at $8 a g/h.
Did you really NOT read the thread?... And decided to ask that Q in order to make a decision? I don't believe that to be true. So, with that in mind, the only logical reason one would ask that here is to stir the pot; and I can't express how much I really love that.
BTW, Orsoc & Kennmar & Cole AB have plenty of asics already delivered.(KNCminers parent companies) But you probably knew that too.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:55:20 PM

just received mail from KNC asking them, when they will deliver my order:

We do not have a specific date as of yet, but we are still well on target to meet our stated September delivery. You will be notified of a specific date within the coming weeks.

dunno, what is "coming weeks", but now I'm pretty sure, that I will not receive my miner in first half of September.
dracore

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:18:41 PM

Just got my full Jupiter refund.  Took about a week or so?

I was so late in the game (October delivery) that I doubt my pullout will have any effect on the rest of your orders.  I'll keep my eyes on the difficulty over the next several weeks as October approaches and will consider re-investing in the future.  For now my August BitFury will suffice.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:25:07 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 03:44:01 PM by Bitcoinorama

300 pages and I have only one question. Is there a single working KNC miner in existence?  Huh

FPGA - yes.
ASIC - no.

Completely. They never said they would deliver in the beginning of September, just September.

I didn't want to get sucked into Hashfast's words. I'm happy to see competition, it can only be good for us, but I think they underestimate ORSoC based on those crude assumed figures. The only thing Sam would commit to, and if anyone who was also there could back me up on this it would be useful, as I pressed and pressed for concrete info, was; 28nm, at least 250gh/s in Juliter (Saturn and Mercury weren't an option then), less than 1000w, and Jupiter. Aside from this they have kept their hand close to their chest with good reason.

I want to say I have no personal grievance directed towards Hashfast, as any negativity assumes unequivocal allegiance as a fan-boy, or if I bring up consumer protection and ccards, I'm declared a rogue agent provoceteur for Visa or Mcard, but simply my thoughts are this;

There is no movement and no attempt to offer any liability to any kind of third party willing to act as a guarantor in case of dispute to their claims and promises made. This option IS available to ALL western companies (100% in the US) as long as you satisfy their requirements. Crikey Butterfly Labs have for long enough. Terrahash have, Cointerra claim they will, and obviously KnC have. The real issue here is accountability and the responsibility of standing by your word. Hashfast aren't.

The tale of wanting to help the Bitcoin economy grow by increasing liquidity in the marginal amounts they exchange for dollars in comparison to the entire economy, is just that, a tale. This makes no impact, worse it takes the funds from the Bitcoin economy, reason being all their suppliers are paid in dollars. If they convinced all their suppliers to accept Bitcoin, that would be impressive, but they haven't.

Fact is HF are determined not to be held accountable for their originally promises October delivery. They have reworded their sales page to 'anticipated delivery'. They have reworded their refund offer only to be within a finite two weeks in January, long after funds will have been spent, and without a third party issuing bank to secure customer funds, a refund will be impossible. This makes me wonder how they intend to secure fabrication in 6 weeks? They cannot secure fabrication without funds in place, which they are still attempting to raise unsecured. They will require a rocket run, or a hot lot, and as far as I'm aware TSMC has no space left a ail able in that time. If they know this, and are basing their entire strategy around this, then they already know October is out of the question, as may well be November, hence no refund until January, when they will be low on funds.

Their ROI protection thing, means they will throw a chip your way, but you will be responsible for getting it assembled and online as they will be busy completing their backlog of orders. So you will get a chip, and have to send it off to be assembled with a third party, that will be in another queue and sent to you when ready. Time being of the essence and this being of additional cost to you, once you finally receive the additional product, the lions share of profit will have been made. In fact the biggest reward for all concerned will be mined between now and Christmas.

Then there is the warranty which is dismissed due to customers wishing to overclock. All chips from all manufacturers will be played with at somepoint. There is a well known variation of warranty used by vendors thought the globe with the majority of products made, it's called a 'manufacturers warranty', and within it manufacturers stipulate tolerances by which their product has acceptable warranty. You invalidate that, then it becomes your responsibility. To dismiss this as if their product is to be the only chip to be clocked is laughable. Butterfly Labs Jalepenos are running happily now at 8gh/s.

To me this looks like a gamble to raise funds ahead of Cointerra and X-Crowd without third party consumer protection mitigating liability so they can gamble customers funds on having a product ready by Christmas.  They already know now if they can fabricate a chip by October, and the behaviour in ensuring they cannot be held accountable for that suggests otherwise. Their alterations of terms and conditions after purchases have been made also suggests this maybe the case, which would be deceitful, if true. But by which point you will have committed yourself and be unable to recoup the funds spent. For sure there is no 100% refund, there is no way, they will have spent funds and have no one backing up the consumer. The safest play for us miners would be for ether to accept Paypal., because in 45 days by now, it would be October and you would know for sure if they could fabricate the chips, by when and when realisitcally to accept delivery. If by that point it looks untenable, you could simply ask Paypal for a refund and walk away. They don't want you to have this option available, they want to lock you in till Jan for a reason.

I was really looking forward to Cointerra's offering, I can only hope that's not been their last word on the subject as currently it's far from compelling for Dec/Jan delivery. That and despite promising Paypal, they prices at above $10k, Paypal's cut-off which indicated they never realistically looked into Paypal's requirements for sale.

In reality KnC should clear a chunk if not all ROI before Hashfast have a product. It doesn't not matter if they have a more efficient chip powerwise, if they are later than the end of October, by which point KnC should have cleared their backlog and potentially could sell in stock, competing on price as their NRE will have been recovered, offering a better deal to all. Will have to see...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:36:17 PM

I was so late in the game (October delivery) that I doubt my pullout will have any effect on the rest of your orders.  I'll keep my eyes on the difficulty over the next several weeks as October approaches and will consider re-investing in the future.  For now my August BitFury will suffice.

yep delivery date of miner is really critical and every day counts and cost BTC. according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE#gid=9

is difference between 15/9 and 30/9 more then 33BTC for jupiter.(
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:20:58 PM

Please note that I've calculated the "worst case scenario", I can see even today that the network increase is slowing down Smiley

(I'm the author of the doc)

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:24:41 PM

yep delivery date of miner is really critical and every day counts and cost BTC. according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE#gid=9

is difference between 15/9 and 30/9 more then 33BTC for jupiter.(

From the beginning, my projection was we would get the first miners hashing during 87mil diff.   Might be off one cycle but still a shot to make it

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:25:30 PM

Be aware.. There is a WinRar/BTC/firewall virus out there that will open dozens of instances of winrar & attempt to upload somewhere. It had every fan on my system cranking at full blast... and bogged the sys a bit. All back to norm now.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:28:24 PM

Be aware.. There is a WinRar/BTC/firewall virus out there that will open dozens of instances of winrar & attempt to upload somewhere. It had every fan on my system cranking at full blast... and bogged the sys a bit. All back to norm now.

More details??

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

More details??
You will know by checking your task mgr, see if there are instances of winrar running you didn't initiate... And MSSE "Full scan" of C drive found it.
I'm pretty sure it came directly from a BTC related site. I rarely use this computer for anything else recent.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:36:42 PM

News. NEWS. NEEEWS! :-)

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30

Today we have our PCB’s back from the assembly house. These boards will each contain one ASIC chip and be individually connected to the main controller board. The Chip in the picture below is an FPGA which we are using to emulate the full functionality of the boards.

The entire space you can see in the middle of the  DC/DC modules (GE Critical Power DC/DC CONVERTER 0.45-2V 40A SMD)  will be consumed by our ASIC. 

We would also like to share some facts about our boards with you.

The DC/DC modules we have on our boards are the largest and best quality available from GE Critical Power. Each capable of 40 amps making the max available 320 amps per ASIC
Our PCB laminat is not standard either. It has been given extra thick copper layers and multiple power and ground plains which enable it to more than handle our requirements.
We will be using these boards to fully validate the entire setup. They will consume the same power, make the same noise level, produce the same heat and run the same RTL code. The only difference will be related to hashing.
ASIC PCB Board
We would also like to take this opportunity to explain our design philosophy.

Our entire design strategy is based on time to market, We have as you can see over specified the PCB by quite some way, our ASIC will only consume an absolute maximum of 250 watts and we know the PCB can cope with 320  watts. This is the level of design margins we employ.

So you can use the following to see how safe our design is.

We have used a VERY large package for our die, not because our die is large, but to make sure we can handle the power and heat requirements.
We have used more DC/DC modules than strictly necessary
We have used the most pessimistic/conservative estimates in all of our simulations. Including but not limited to Yield, Performance, Power and Heat 
For example while testing each part of the chain. We have tested our onboard Linux device to make sure it can handle up to 1.2TH ( The controller board also has and expansion for additional linux devices for future upgrade/ second generation)

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
carlotech

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:37:23 PM

Getting Closer

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:39:40 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    YEAH!!!! hmm, an Altera chip.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: