Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:20:46 AM

hmm water cooling...  Shocked  Cool I think i am going to do that.
[/quote]

or, you can just buy a HashFast.
[/quote]

Well I don't need another girlfriend..ie ...I'm still paying thru the nose for the ex-wife BFL (the skank took me for everything) ..the new girlfriend KNC seems spunky enough but she is kinda a flake on being on time...but then again I've heard she gives great GH.....as to Hashfast...well.....alas.....no $$$ no desire.....no hope on that...I'm tap'd out Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:22:21 AM

Well I don't need another girlfriend..ie ...I'm still paying thru the nose for the ex-wife BFL (the skank took me for everything) ..the new girlfriend KNC seems spunky enough but she is kinda a flake on being on time...but then again I've heard she gives great GH.....as to Hashfast...well.....alas.....no $$$ no desire.....no hope on that...I'm tap'd out Smiley

Searing

Cheesy

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:27:14 AM

I'm thinking of buying 2x 140mm fans and just put them with cables ties on the outside of the case at the rear (exhaust side), so they can help a little bit with removing the hot air.

The pre-installed fans at the front of the case are intake fans?!  Are you sure?  That would be very poor design if true.  I assumed they were exhaust fans.

But yes, I think it's an excellent idea to install fans on both ends of the case in a push-pull configuration.

Yes, intake. I think it is better that they are intake as there are no other fans to supply fresh air into the case. Adding a second set on the other end to exhaust will probably improve the airflow and the temps:

Thanks for clarifying that!

Well, no wonder these things are overheating and bursting into flames!  Lol.  How could someone design this simple case and NOT include exhaust fans.  With all of those heatsink fans blowing air around and causing turbulence, I can't imagine the case is adequately exchanging air.

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

Well those are standard heatsinks made to fit AMD and Intel CPUs.  I don't see why you couldn't slap 4 Corsair H80s in there to replace the existing heatsinks.

On sale at Newegg for $79!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

Who's brave enough to be there first to try?   Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:34:50 AM

I'm thinking of buying 2x 140mm fans and just put them with cables ties on the outside of the case at the rear (exhaust side), so they can help a little bit with removing the hot air.

The pre-installed fans at the front of the case are intake fans?!  Are you sure?  That would be very poor design if true.  I assumed they were exhaust fans.

But yes, I think it's an excellent idea to install fans on both ends of the case in a push-pull configuration.

Yes, intake. I think it is better that they are intake as there are no other fans to supply fresh air into the case. Adding a second set on the other end to exhaust will probably improve the airflow and the temps:

Well, no wonder these things are overheating and bursting into flames!  Lol.  How could someone design this simple case and NOT include exhaust fans.  With all of those heatsink fans blowing air around and causing turbulence, I can't imagine the case is adequately exchanging air.

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

Well those are standard heatsinks made to fit AMD and Intel CPUs.  I don't see why you couldn't slap 4 Corsair H80s in there to replace the existing heatsinks.

On sale at Newegg for $79!  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

Who's brave enough to be there first to try?   Grin

ok there are "some" folks on here with only 1 really bad board/chip...who prob don't want to RMA yet.......I mean a few of them I think have "really bad" hash on that board like 176gh or some such...they'd be the "target audience" to try this imho...if it was me in that situation i'd probably be game....but then again according to bitcoinrama this stuff is all a "firmware" issue so maybe not worth the effort....a toss up imho

my 2c worth (likely not worth that)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:40:30 AM

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

On sale at Newegg for $79!  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

it's really too bad you guys are having to go thru all this trial and error to make up for what KNC should've taken care of.

in HF's case, they hired the water cooling company itself to do heat simulations using all the Babyjet parts except for the actual chip itself.  they used a heating element to put out 250 W of nominal heat production to make sure the cooler could handle that first.  then they took the wattage up to 350 W of heat to make sure the cooler could handle that amount at what is meant to be an overclocked situation.  no problems according to the results from the water cooling company.  they may have even taken it higher but don't quote me on that.  i won't bother to tell you what hashing rate that took the chip up to b/c HF doesn't want to overpromise but it would knock your socks off.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:40:53 AM

http://www.xoxide.com/h2o-x20edgehdserieswatercoolingkit-triple120mmblack.html

Oooo yea. Giggidy

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:42:54 AM

on a side note I had a "thought" probably a lame thought...but with the folks taking the cover off...I was wondering about the 'standoff' method used to attach the boards and as such heatsinks etc how they are attached to the bottom of the miner plate:?

ie was thinking you could get an extender if they are screw in standoffs and just raise the whole board and heatsink unit up like 2" or some such with such a standoff plug

thus increasing airflow underneath....shoot a usb fan on the side blow the hot air away underneath

or am I just being silly (likely?)

(Damnit Sam I'm a KNC miner...not a aeronautical physics major on airflow!!!) using best Dr. McCoy Star Trek voice.

my 2c worth

Searing

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:44:35 AM

now it is dusk or "Sundown", and the temps in the coolbox are dropping, the 0.94 firmware still allows me to get a solid 275-280 atm, ill report back as temps drop in da box(ambient from outside air from boxfans) its about 68degrees ferenheit right now, where it was 80 during the day. It should drop to about 55-60 during the night.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

any new order # ready for UPS delivery (think we shall reach until #3000 today) ?

hoo boy I hope you are correct (my Jupiter is 304x)...my Saturn alas is like 520x...

must temper expectations ie (its a trap!)

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:47:09 AM

holy crap if it was a "cooling' issue on the chips this sure would take care of it imho

demonmaestro

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:49:04 AM

holy crap if it was a "cooling' issue on the chips this sure would take care of it imho

or this could be fun
http://www.xoxide.com/nofancr-95cicepipefanlesscpucooler-copper.html

that is why i want to know what is the exact heatsink system they are using.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:50:40 AM

it's really too bad you guys are having to go thru all this trial and error to make up for what KNC should've taken care of.

in HF's case, they hired the water cooling company itself to do heat simulations using all the Babyjet parts except for the actual chip itself.  they used a heating element to put out 250 W of nominal heat production to make sure the cooler could handle that first.  then they took the wattage up to 350 W of heat to make sure the cooler could handle that amount at what is meant to be an overclocked situation.  no problems according to the results from the water cooling company.  they may have even taken it higher but don't quote me on that.  i won't bother to tell you what hashing rate that took the chip up to b/c HF doesn't want to overpromise but it would knock your socks off.

See how I can just quote the bit of post I am addressing, without moronically making each post 19 feet long and unfortunately missing out on the joy of staring at the same airflow picture 35 more times?

You're welcome.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:50:50 AM

none of that seems like fun to me.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:52:26 AM

Hillbilly Saturn cabinet made to hold 3 saturns...Ill be stacking all 3 topless

circulates outside air in a push/pull config
Im thinking the case fans may be a restriction at this point...what you guys think?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:56:36 AM

Well, no wonder these things are overheating and bursting into flames!  Lol.  How could someone design this simple case and NOT include exhaust fans.  With all of those heatsink fans blowing air around and causing turbulence, I can't imagine the case is adequately exchanging air.

Would you suggest adding 2 fans at the rear to pull the air out on its final leg of the journey through the case?
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 04:08:09 AM

the networking page attempt(s) crash the miner
Huh

at some point you just have to call someone with an ounce of IT skills.  You are all over the place tripping on yourself

I've got news for ya... I've had a few savvy IT peeps trying to get the miner just to run... using teamviewer & other interfaces....  Ya know who got it to run...?
I did...    from info shared in here, bit by bit......  amen
and btw... its connected to an ethernet switch...to laptop, which uses my android....    many pros said it couldnt be done, and tried to help... and I thank them for that... but fact is...   its running now, the ip thing is solved I'm thinking, but simply cant change the miner thru the web interface to "save" the configging... ssl is the only way I am able to access the miner, and physically start cgminer, and physically enter all the info evrry time any hiccup happenz
0.94 indeed stopped the crashing, but hashes just a tad less, at around 260

sounds stable as a 3 legged table

DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:27:07 AM

I plan on putting to fans on the back sucking air out.  I have also been thinking about cutting a couple holes out on the top and putting fans on the top cover to vent even more.  I also planning on running my Jupiter in my hot water room.  Reason for this.  Is i have a Heat pump hot water system.  Witch  1,  Saves a bunch of money on electricity.  Every bit helps in Hawaii.  2.,  And a by product of a heat pump hot water system.  Is cold air.  That room always stays cooler.  Its like having an free AC in that room.   
nightengale

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:47:44 AM

@sbfree -- I feel your pain, this is total fucking bullshit the way this is going down. They "start shipping" on October 1, and 9 days later, they're not through the first two days of orders, miners are showing up in pieces, catching in fire, hashrates well below what was advertised, hosting in shambles. This is a fucking logistical trainwreck no matter how "fucking smart" these Swedes are according to Bitcoinorama. So much for being a beacon for the Bitcoin mining community. The best I can hope to do is to pass this butthurt on to some unsuspecting noob on eBay. This sucks ass!!!!!!!
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 04:51:10 AM

Just got me a set of 4 of these bad boys http://www.ebay.com/itm/251288821119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:55:09 AM

Hillbilly Saturn cabinet made to hold 3 saturns...Ill be stacking all 3 topless

circulates outside air in a push/pull config
Im thinking the case fans may be a restriction at this point...what you guys think?

Neat.
You leaving a gap between rigs in there? I think I would, and have some fans stopping hot air rising to barbecue the upper ones? Maybe a plate would stop that even?

I'm working on positive thinking recently, so if this doesn't work well at least you'll have a might fine pizza oven Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: