Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:07:05 PM

Hi fullzero,

thank you for keeping this project alive and the constant updates.
I've been running 017 version on z270-hd3p gigabyte motherboard + 3 x 1080TI and a 1070 for almost 2 weeks now with no issues.

meanwhile does anyone have the issue with 018 version not working at all? ewbf does not even start. Most settings have been the same as from the onebash file in 017. Turned off most of the new additional features like watchdog and auto temp.
I've tried booting from an ssd as well as a 32gb sandisk ultra flair thumbdrive; I keep getting the error [Screen is terminating] at the end.

I understand the issue is most likely a configuration somewhere gone wrong, therefore it terminated before even trying to load ewbf miner, but was there such a drastic change from 017 to 018 that I missed out?

Would really like to find out if anyone faced a similar issue, so I iron it out and run ver 018.
Thanks!

I ran into the same problem after using the most current files.  No idea what's causing it.  I've disabled autotemp, watchdog, set to LOCAL, tried mizer on and off, etc. but nothing fixed it.  I see EWBF load for 1/2 a second then that 'screen is terminating' message pops up.  I think it might be related to watchdog, even though its disabled in the 1bash file, but I can't figure out how exactly.

I made an updated 1bash which should resolve these powerlimit / remote issues. 

With the powerlimits the autotemp was not reinitializing unless explicitly killed or the rig was logged out or rebooted.  This had the effect of not allowing changes to the individual powerlimits until such killing or logout / reboot.

With the remote issues; I was querying the existing processes incorrectly when in REMOTE causing duplicate watchdogs to be created.

I altered upPASTE to check for a 1bash update on launch.

I added logic based on Avarets experience with P106-100 (I don't have any of these so I am going on your report Avarets; let me know if these changes work)

Please let me know if there are any issues with these updates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

I have a major issue, all of my miners just completely turned off 30 minutes ago,

Room was around 80 degrees, they never rebooted, breaker wasn't tripped, I have one asic miner in there and it was mining away when I walked in while every other machine was sitting there off?

Any idea on what happened? How can I figure out more and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

If they are all powered off; I'm not sure what would have caused that.

If they are still on / but not mining:

I would look at one and see if there is a connection problem with the pool.  This is the most likely reason for a large number of rigs to simultaneously stop mining.

pool disconnect detection and mitigation / auto failover can be improved in a later version

Right now; if the pool server goes down: the rig will reinitialize 1bash 5 times then, reboot.  This will occur in a larger loop until the pool server is reachable. 

This occurs because when the pool is not providing work, the GPU utilization will be below 90.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 01:25:42 PM

I have a major issue, all of my miners just completely turned off 30 minutes ago,

Room was around 80 degrees, they never rebooted, breaker wasn't tripped, I have one asic miner in there and it was mining away when I walked in while every other machine was sitting there off?

Any idea on what happened? How can I figure out more and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

I would look at one and see if there is a connection problem with the pool.  This is the most likely reason for a large number of rigs to simultaneously stop mining.

pool disconnect detection and mitigation / auto failover can be improved in a later version

Right now; if the pool server goes down: the rig will reinitialize 1bash 5 times then, reboot.  This will occur in a larger loop until the pool server is reachable.  

This occurs because when the pool is not providing work, the GPU utilization will be below 90.

Any idea why they would stay turned off though? The pool did not go down / I called my buddy his rigs on your software on the same pool had no issue?

I have a whole house surge protector, but could it still be a powe surge?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:38:10 PM

I would look at one and see if there is a connection problem with the pool.  This is the most likely reason for a large number of rigs to simultaneously stop mining.

Right now; if the pool server goes down: the rig will reinitialize 1bash 5 times then, reboot.  This will occur in a larger loop until the pool server is reachable.  

Any idea why they would stay turned off though? The pool did not go down / I called my buddy his rigs on your software on the same pool had no issue?

I have a whole house surge protector, but could it still be a powe surge?

If they aren't all on the same circuit / other electronic devices seem to be working correctly; and you have verified the pool server is up; there may be a problem with your router / switch. 

I would first try a hard reboot of all the rigs and see if they power on (switch all the PSUs to off, click atx power switch at least 2 times, switch the PSUs back on and click the atx power switches) 

Sometimes a powerstrip will trip before a circuit (this depends on the powerstrip) so if you are using a powerstrip or PDU I would check that it is still on / not tripped.
spiz0r

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:05:12 PM

I got a BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO (12x gpu) today Link

I made a 12x 1060 rig with it.

ensure Mining Mode is enabled in the bios. 

ensure Max TOLUD is set to 3.5 GB in the bios.

NOTE: you must first only connect 6x GPUs, boot, make Bios changes, save and reboot, shutdown, add the other 6x GPUs, boot

I like the 13x out the box + m2 ssd ready ASRock more; but this is also a good mobo. 

Biostar sadly still can't handle; making mining settings the default.

It's good to see somebody got this board to work. I have problems with this board. I have a tons of PCIe bus errors. Are you sure you haven't changed anything in the bios? PCIe bus speeds auto or gen2, or above 4G MMIO? Also do you use the IGFX or one of the mining card?
Could you share your settings? Smiley

The settings are in the quote you posted; also on the OP:

ensure Mining Mode is enabled in the bios. LINK to PICTURE 

ensure Max TOLUD is set to 3.5 GB in the bios. LINK to PICTURE

NOTE: you must first only connect 6x GPUs, boot, make Bios changes, save and reboot, shutdown, add the other 6x GPUs, attach the USB or SSD and boot

Connect a monitor to the GPU connected to the 16x slot; nvOC and rxOC do not currently support integrated graphics.

Thanks, my problem was my skylake cpu. I needed to add one extra line to grub kernel and it worked fine. ( I couldn't make NVoC work, but I could make SMOS work with 12 cards)

DJ ACK

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:07:45 PM

Love the v0018 release and all the functionality!  

However, POWERLIMIT NIGHTMARES!  

I have one major issue, I cannot lower the POWERLIMIT.  I run 8 rigs of 1050Ti and 125W is just way to high.  I have tried adjusting the base line and the individual POWERLIMIT settings and I am still seeing maximum power being utilized in NVIDIA-SMI and TEMP CONTROL.  I thought maybe the TEMP CONTROL was trumping the setting, but I don't think that is the case (at least based on what my 46 year old brain and eye balls looking at the 1bash code understands).  I thought maybe it was the correction in line 527, but that didn't change anything.

I tried "NO" for both WATCHDOG and TEMP CONTROL with POWERLIMIT set below MAX for the 1050Ti and I still see max power output.

I did notice during startup, of the three terminal screens that pop-up during startup that the second terminal session has the POWERLIMIT set correctly at 60.   However, something happens after the third terminal screen initiates (miner starting) that pushes the POWER back to MAX.

I added another rig of 1050Tis tonight and I saw more unusual behavior from POWER settings again where GPU0 goes to 125W as the max power limit and the rest of the GPUs all complied with my setting of 65Watts.   I have no idea what is causing this inconsistency in power limit settings.

I also noticed in the Guake terminal that the TEMP CONTROL module is displaying continuous notifications that 125W is not a valid power limit (even after changing the settings in the module to 60-65).

I normally run all my rigs at 60W, which keeps the current draw low enough to run 3 rigs of 8 GPUs on each 15 AMP circuit.  Also, extremely efficient.

I am still hunting for what is causing the forced 125W power setting.

Try the new 1bash and additional files posted on the OP.  Let me know if it doesn't solve this for you.

[/quote]

Fullzero, yes this solved all my POWERLIMIT problems.  All 8 rigs up and hashing away.  Thank you very much!
hatch789

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:15:02 PM

Hi Guys,

I have been happily working with the new nv0018 image for about 4 days now. It's going well and I plan to continue my work with it! I thank everyone for their hard work and contributions to the project ...especially Fullzero of course.

Anyway, last night I tried to shut my rigs down for some changes I was going to make. I realized I couldn't shutdown! Every time it shut down it would boot right back up.

I have seen this before and it's an ACPI issue more often than not. But for kicks and giggles, I tried booting to my windows drive on the same hardware. It shut down without any issue at all. So I know that the problem is not a BIOS setting as some posts suggest. Windows shuts the rig down just fine.

I toyed with the kernel settings GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=force"
( https://www.unixmen.com/fix-shutdown-power-computer-ubuntu-14-04/ )
but it didn't help...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this? I'm using the Asus Z270-A motherboard:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813132936

These are nice MB's and let you run 7 cards on one Rig.

Thanks,
-Hatch -= http://UbuMiner.com =-
Avarets

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:55:39 PM

I added logic based on Avarets experience with P106-100 (I don't have any of these so I am going on your report Avarets; let me know if these changes work)

The script doesn't seem to start automatically.
If I run it manually there are some errors but mining process starts:

Code:
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:41:25 PM

Hi Guys,

I have been happily working with the new nv0018 image for about 4 days now. It's going well and I plan to continue my work with it! I thank everyone for their hard work and contributions to the project ...especially Fullzero of course.

Anyway, last night I tried to shut my rigs down for some changes I was going to make. I realized I couldn't shutdown! Every time it shut down it would boot right back up.

I have seen this before and it's an ACPI issue more often than not. But for kicks and giggles, I tried booting to my windows drive on the same hardware. It shut down without any issue at all. So I know that the problem is not a BIOS setting as some posts suggest. Windows shuts the rig down just fine.

I toyed with the kernel settings GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi=force"
( https://www.unixmen.com/fix-shutdown-power-computer-ubuntu-14-04/ )
but it didn't help...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this? I'm using the Asus Z270-A motherboard:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813132936

These are nice MB's and let you run 7 cards on one Rig.

Some mobos will boot on keyboard or mouse activity; not sure what is going on here if this only occurs with ubuntu and not windows.  If you have another USB key; I would try making another nvOC key and seeing if it does the same.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:45:09 PM

Code:
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

My guess is X isn't running; or isn't running properly. 
argonaute

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

Hi Fullzero,

what about extract all the wallet's altcoin address from 1bash and to put them in a specific file named wallet.cabinet ?

this way it would be easier when we want to upgrade the 1bash file for instance

cheers
WoolF911

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:14:43 AM

fullzero, can I mine Pascal Lite via NvOc? And can I mine it solo, without pool?
keno1234

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:03:57 AM

Thank you very much for making such a wonderful OS.

Does NVOC v0018 have log file when miner restart after GPU soft crash?

In the v0018 1bash it does; in this updated version it only logs restarts.  This is because logging slightly decreases stability with using USB keys.  I will make watchdog logs a YES/NO option for the next 1bash.  For now you can open the watchdog file:

Code:
IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG

go to line 86:

Code:
kill $target #| tee -a ${LOG_FILE}

and remove the # so it reads:

Code:
kill $target | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}

and it will log soft crashes.

Thank you very much. I'll try.
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:11:57 AM

Hi @fullzero

when I recently upgraded my rig to run nvOC 0018, it did something nasty to an ssd that was connected to the rig which had a Windows 8.1 install on it. I remember reading something after it booted about how it was doing something to Windows partitions, and now if I remove the USB stick so the BIOs tries to boot from the SSD it says something like "NO OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED".

I do like to be able to swap to Windows to try out different things - do you have any idea how I may be able to repair the SSD so Windows will boot again? Or do I just have to go through the pain of installing it from scratch and unplug it when I use nvOC?

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:32:18 AM

First off all THANK YOU Fullzero for nvOC v0018!
Simply love it!

I have a question - WhatToMine shows great rev for DGB-Groestl (DGB), but I can not mine DGB with Myriad-Groestl algo
It always trying to mine with Skein algo.
If I'm not mistaken nvOC has this algo for Diamond(DMD)
so, how DGB-Groestl could be mined?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7722

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:37:59 AM

Hi @fullzero

when I recently upgraded my rig to run nvOC 0018, it did something nasty to an ssd that was connected to the rig which had a Windows 8.1 install on it. I remember reading something after it booted about how it was doing something to Windows partitions, and now if I remove the USB stick so the BIOs tries to boot from the SSD it says something like "NO OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED".

I do like to be able to swap to Windows to try out different things - do you have any idea how I may be able to repair the SSD so Windows will boot again? Or do I just have to go through the pain of installing it from scratch and unplug it when I use nvOC?

Install from scratch.

Then make sure it is not attached or you will kill it

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:41:54 AM

Hi @fullzero

Install from scratch.

Then make sure it is not attached or you will kill it

BUMMER! A warning would have been nice.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:11:27 AM

Code:

You've probably changed hostname? You have to add the new name to Xorg. If so, see http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/06/change-hostname-ubuntu-16-04-without-restart/
Avarets

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:30:33 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 08:44:38 AM by Avarets

Code:

You've probably changed hostname? You have to add the new name to Xorg. If so, see http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/06/change-hostname-ubuntu-16-04-without-restart/

No, I didn't.
I reverted previous version of script with my desribed changes and it works again.

Also I can confirm that with updated script overclocking parameters for P106-100 are applied properly.
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

The following can be handy for ppl using ssh for their rig. Add to your .bashrc file the following lines:
Code:
#Alias for the screens
alias miner='screen -x miner'
alias temp='screen -x temp'
alias wdog='screen -x wdog'

After the command 'exec bash' or logging out and in again you can type miner / temp / wdog to go to the respective screens directly.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: