Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:35:23 AM

Still cannot solve the issue.
I tried with nvOc 0018 and 0019.
To sum up:
I have MSI Z270 gaming plus (quite similar to MSI Z270-a PRO).
Previously 4 ZOTAC Mini 1060 6gb
Now added two EVGA 1060 6Gb
Celeron G3930

• Was mining well with 4 Zotac on nvOc0018 and OC
  • I added two EVGA 1060 6Gb to the build, only 4 gpus detected always
  • I enabled above 4G memory, 6 gpus detected, starts mining and the OS hangs after 5 min always
  • I updated MB Bios and now it throws this error: https://imgur.com/a/QblT1 (No overclock)
  • I tried with nvOc 0019 and it restarts after 10 minutes

it seems there are problems with some msi motherboards and mining. even though they can detect 5th and 6th gpu they can't mine. msi released new bioses for some boards to fix the issue but not for all of their motherboards. keep checking for new bios.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rayd89

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:39:52 AM

I am also getting a general OS slow down when the miner kicks in;
I ran htop to check out usage. And something is chewing almost 100% of one of the cores and this is also when the system is laggy and slow and I believe is contributing the OS freezing.

Any ideas what process this is ?

EDIT: sometimes it’s on core 3, others it’s core 4 changes every reboot

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x223/rayd89/FB045C2A-A398-4D45-A5C2-388D7CE3334F_zpsyyzvaob3.jpg
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:25:11 AM

speaking about core usage which of these is correct ? in resources it shows in excess of 70% core usage while in processes only 8% ?

also does above mean i'm only using 2.5gb of ram ? i wonder because some OS needs at least 8gb of ram even a linux based one uses lots of ram need 16gb ??
rayd89

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:27:39 AM

Yes
My 13 card 1070 rig showed only use of 2.61gb of ram

I took a 4GB stick out and left it with 4GB ram and it’s running like a champ

But yeah this CPU core saturation issue is bad.
pidreq9931

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:41:56 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 05:04:51 AM by pidreq9931

how do you edit the onebash file under windows?

and how do you edit onebash file if i don't make any modification until i start ubuntu up?  

i just burned novc.   i don't see a onebash partition at all on usb key.
xingqiaoyin

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:05:35 AM

Is there any need to edit it in windows before starting the first time ? other than for the reason so that you can mine right away after boot ?
pidreq9931

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:06:44 AM

not sure.  i can't even edit mine in windows. 

is SSH enabled? what's the default username/password?
xingqiaoyin

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:08:33 AM

Yes

ah thanks will unplug the other 4gb next maintanance Smiley
so the core usage is high for unknown reasons ?

m1/miner1 mate
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:44:57 AM

I rather not use api to kill my miner every once in a while just to see the web page stats
better enable screen log and use tail

change
Code:
screen -dmS miner $HCD ...  
To:
Code:
screen -dmSL miner $HCD ...

Then ssh to your rig and use this :
Code:
tail -f screenlog.0

My miners running flawlessly for 2-3 days with no restart

True I could do that, but pointing a browser to the API seems like a much more elegant solution, plus I could get creative and do up a local html page and use iframe to show all the miners in a single browser tab.  Tailing log files just seems very "old school".  Smiley

Agree that tailing log is old school, but restarting miner just to see how its working is not a good idea too
We need some one to make a web page from logs for nvoc.

Any one interested in the idea ?
Post your thoughts and solutions.
I'm not good with writing html and web pages, but can extract any info needed from logs with bash

bdog1234

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:50:02 AM

Is there any need to edit it in windows before starting the first time ? other than for the reason so that you can mine right away after boot ?

The first one I set up I edited it first the next four rigs I built I did it after. You might lose out on five minutes of mining. I burn the USB and stick it straight in the rig and turn it on. Once it is up and running I edit the 1bash (which is much easier in Linux with the highlighting) and then save it and reboot.

I had an issue one time with a bad usb image. Not sure what happened but making sure it boots with the default setup before taking the time to edit the 1bash seems like a good time saving idea to me.

The only downside is you may not have your payment addresses where you can access them on the new Linux boot up. I HATE manually typing them out and always prefer to copy and paste. With multiple rigs I just SSH to another rig and copy and paste from one 1bash to another.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 05:55:49 AM

The first one I set up I edited it first the next four rigs I built I did it after. You might lose out on five minutes of mining. I burn the USB and stick it straight in the rig and turn it on. Once it is up and running I edit the 1bash (which is much easier in Linux with the highlighting) and then save it and reboot.

I had an issue one time with a bad usb image. Not sure what happened but making sure it boots with the default setup before taking the time to edit the 1bash seems like a good time saving idea to me.

The only downside is you may not have your payment addresses where you can access them on the new Linux boot up. I HATE manually typing them out and always prefer to copy and paste. With multiple rigs I just SSH to another rig and copy and paste from one 1bash to another.
Easier way is to create yor 1bash and save it to pastebin as instructed in upPASTE,
On first boot open 1bash and setup upPASTE and reboot
upPASTE will read from pastebin and update your 1bash.

rayd89

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:58:26 AM

Yes

ah thanks will unplug the other 4gb next maintanance Smiley
so the core usage is high for unknown reasons ?

m1/miner1 mate

I’m not sure why core usage is so high, I’m waiting on fullzero to respond Smiley
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:50:57 AM

I don't really know anything, but I'm worried you can't mine Bitcore on Linux since I only saw a Windows miner available.

Guys we can mine 'BTX' using nvOC v19.xx with the following additions:

Code:
COIN="BTX"

Coin Details :

Code:
BTX_WORKER="yourSuprNovaWorker"
BTX_ADDRESS="yourSuprNovaLogin"
BTX_POOL="stratum+tcp://btx.suprnova.cc:3629"
BTX_INTENSITY="21"

add this in 3main at right place

Code:
if [ $COIN == "BTX" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$BTX_ADDRESS.$BTX_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

I've tested this and it is working as expected, I am not sure about the earnings are up to the par, please tune the oc settings accordingly to get better yield!

If you have any issue mining this coin just reply to this message.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
TAKCuCT

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:03:16 PM

I don't really know anything, but I'm worried you can't mine Bitcore on Linux since I only saw a Windows miner available.

Guys we can mine 'BTX' using nvOC v19.xx with the following additions:

Code:
COIN="BTX"

Coin Details :

Code:
BTX_WORKER="yourSuprNovaWorker"
BTX_ADDRESS="yourSuprNovaLogin"
BTX_POOL="stratum+tcp://btx.suprnova.cc:3629"
BTX_INTENSITY="21"

add this in 3main at right place

Code:
if [ $COIN == "BTX" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$BTX_ADDRESS.$BTX_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

I've tested this and it is working as expected, I am not sure about the earnings are up to the par, please tune the oc settings accordingly to get better yield!

If you have any issue mining this coin just reply to this message.

An error here:

m1@m1-desktop:~$ /home/m1/KTccminer/ccminer -a timetravel10 -o $BTX_POOL -u $ADDR -p x -i $BTX_INTENSITY
ccminer 8.13-KlausT (64bit) for nVidia GPUs
Compiled with GCC 5.4 using Nvidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0

Based on pooler cpuminer 2.3.2 and the tpruvot@github fork
CUDA support by Christian Buchner, Christian H. and DJM34
Includes optimizations implemented by sp-hash, klaust, tpruvot and tsiv.

Illegal instruction

IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:16:03 PM

Easier way is to create yor 1bash and save it to pastebin as instructed in upPASTE,
On first boot open 1bash and setup upPASTE and reboot
upPASTE will read from pastebin and update your 1bash.

Another way to streamline ops is to create a master image.
You can actually mount the image directly and edit 1bash, then boot straight into known config the first time and start mining (so all config can be done offline)
In cases where you use static IPs/static rig name/any additional routes not passed on from DHCP/or custom miners not included in stock nvOC I found the following really helped instead of recompiling or copying things around:

1 Take the image with all your pretty customizations/compiles etc
2 Boot that image on every board at least once
3 set any static settings you require during that time (ip/worker name/static routes) then once you've done this for all the rigs, image that USB and it becomes your master (every rigs ethernet interface will be remembered as a separate interface, it helps to identify them as well at the time you're editing static settings).
Once you have your master image you can drop in the necessary 1bash or specific configs before you image your target USB.

3.5 create an image, this now becomes the master image for all your rigs.

4 It's a good idea to keep all the latest miner specific configs on the image - I use the 10Mb partition to keep 1bash and any other specific configs on the master image and copy the desired config as needed before imaging the usb.

This has saved me lots of time between upgrades as well as USB failures, I've had 3 USBs die in past few months and having one spare ready to go for any rig really helps minimizing downtime.

Editing an .img can be done as follows:

Code:

cd /path/to/where/saved/your/image
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0
sudo modprobe loop
sudo losetup -f
sudo losetup /dev/loop0 your master_image_file.img
sudo partprobe /dev/loop0
You should be able to browse the partitions on the image and add/edit any files (this is actually how I update the master with new functionality)

The commands below will help you resize any partitions on the image directly - was more useful before v0019 when the USB image required a true 16G USB, but this can still be useful for cloning from a larger SSD to a smaller one etc, or simply if you had chosen a larger usb to be the master, and then have to boot at least one rig from a smaller USB:

Code:
#to resize the partition
sudo gparted /dev/loop0
#(14230M) <-this is what I found fits on most 16Gig USBs
sudo losetup -d /dev/loop0

fdisk -l master_image_file.img.img
# find the ending sector of your last partition - in the case if v0019 and a 1423M partition it seems to be sector 29163519
# the command below truncates your image one sector after the last partition sector - therefore shrinking the image to your desired capacity
truncate --size=$[(29163519+1)*512] master_image_file.img.img

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:22:36 PM

I agree this is an ewbf linux bug.  Unfortunately the author does not seem to be active these days.  My friend that is having the exact same issue took a look at the watchdog script and ripped out some logic to create an "apicheck" bash script.  It goes like this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

source ~/1bash

#########################################################################

API_IS_UP=0

if nc -vzw1 $IPW 42000;
then
   API_IS_UP=1
fi

echo ""

if [[ $API_IS_UP == 0 ]]
then
   echo "$(date) - Miner api is down: reinitializing now"

# If miner runs in screen 'miner' kill the screen to be sure it's gone
   pkill -e miner

# Kill 3main to re-init
   target=$(ps -ef | awk '$NF~"3main" {print $2}')
   kill $target
else
   echo "$(date) - Miner api is up"
   echo ""
fi

If would be awesome if the above logic could be incorporated into the official watchdog.  It would also mean adding something like this to 1bash:

Code:
USE_EWBF_API=”YES”

EWBF_API_PORT=”42000”

And modify 3main to launch EWBF with the api flag.  Something along these lines:

Code:
screen -dmS miner $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEN_POOL --user $ZENADDR --pass z --port $ZEN_PORT --api $IP:$EWBF_API_PORT;

Thanks

It just happened again.   Here are my 4 miners, the one running ewbf on windows recovered fine, but the 3 running nvOC never did:

And here you can see the connectivity glitch on the pool right around 11am:

So adding the above tweaks to the distro should solve this.

EDIT: My friend who is already running the above tweaks confirmed it worked perfectly.

Thanks
What interface is that ^? (not zhashpro)

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:26:48 PM

@VoskCoin That is the API build into the EWBF miner.  When you launch EWBF you can add the following to the script:

--api minerip:42000

Where minerip is the IP address of your rig.

You then simply point a browser to minerip:42000 to get the above stats.  They update about every 30 seconds or so when new work is assigned.
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:26:57 PM

So I had a three card riser-less build (well actually one was on a riser since the AORUS are huge, no issues with this setup)

1080 ti / 1080 ti / 1070  mini

I moved to a 6 card riser build and now I have this issue . . any ideas?
(1070 mini 1070 mini 1080 TI 1080 TI 1070 mini 1070 mini
software or hardware and then what?

This should be a 3k average sols rig

Added more details below ////

2x 1080 TI + 1070 earning the same as 2x 1080 TI 4x 1070

(1.8k sol rig avg)

3k sol rig, avg 2.6k due to error, but its as if all 3 of the 1070s on the second PSU (connected add2psu PSU1 to mobo/cpu/all risers +pata to Add2psu / PSU2 mobo to add2psu+3x 1070 mini

nvOC_19 on both . .

@crazydane On average I get the best daily returns from suprnova/luck/zhash roughly maybe in that order? if my miner finds a block on luck it obviously comes out ahead. I'm using luck because it's easy to look at basic stats individually

Also in other news . . that's actually good news. .  my bitmain antminer d3 has arrived and is hashing away 2 gh/s higher than advertised from 15.5 to 17.5 iirc

When is antOC_19 coming out fullzero? xD

Hey guys still dealing with this issue . . . can anyone lend me a hand here at a bit of a loss

https://luckpool.org/workers/znVUjim9waxP73P5jQ76ezdMpvgTYVnPp3r

It's averaged out to be a bout correct but a couple times a day its still completely dropping. .

It looks like your client is softcrashing and watchdog is restarting it.  If you are using a mixed rig the most likely reason is the GPU index is counter intutive ( I have had this problem many times with mixed rigs)  try using the cmd:
Code:
sudo echo 'export CUDA_DEVICE_ORDER=PCI_BUS_ID' | sudo tee -a /etc/profile.d/cuda-device-order.sh

in the guake terminal then reboot and ensure your GPUs are OCed / PLed in the same index as the system recognizes them.

If it works Thank:  car1999 + leenoox

I added this to the -1 update.

Let me know if this works.

Just quoting this here as I'm going to be working on this today and update with a link to watch (if anyones interested) in a bit

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:30:46 PM

@VoskCoin That is the API build into the EWBF miner.  When you launch EWBF you can add the following to the script:

--api minerip:42000

Where minerip is the IP address of your rig.

You then simply point a browser to minerip:42000 to get the above stats.  They updated about every 30 seconds or so.

Thanks Cheesy

What are your thoughts on 3.3 vs 3.4 + could I load this feature into 3.3?

I haven't done too much research on this yet, but if 3.3 has no fee and 3.4 has a fee - does 3.4 work my rigs harder to get the 2% increase that pays for the 2% fee?  I have a rig that averages about 3k, it averaged about 3k on 3.4 and 3.3 . .  so if the average is relatively the same wouldn't we be better off using 3.3?

VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:59:18 PM

v0019-1 update:

Lots of changes; please keep in mind this update is beta: it will most likely have some bugs, if you don't want to deal with any bugs you can wait until any issues have already been found and fixed by the community.

Before updating; please copy your 1bash (and any other files you have changed/customized) to a different directory (such as the desktop).

To update:

open 1bash with gedit and ensure:

Code:
AUTO_UPDATE="BETA" 

close any terminal currently open; then:

open a guake terminal ( press f12 ) and type the following, then press enter:

Code:
bash 4update

This will launch 4update which will update your 2unix file.  

When 4update is done; gnome-terminal will auto launch.  

The new 2unix will detect your v0019 is not -1 and launch the update.

The update will install all system updates including the newest Nvidia driver.  Then update nvOC files.

When it is done your rig will reboot automatically.  

Your 1bash will be copied to a file named: your_old_1bash as a new version is required for some of the updates.  

You can copy and paste your pools / addresses into the new 1bash.  ( I will eventually automate this)

v0019-1 can support up to 19x GPUs; however it is unlikely you will be able to get more than 13x GPUs to work correctly with the new Asus 19x mobo.

Edit Additional info:

Lots of new COIN selections from damNmad and some from papampi.  I will add a full change log to the OP later today.
how can i update to 19.1 and not 19.2?

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: