Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 383268 times)
ricardoch

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:20:06 PM

Hi guys,
I read several pages of this thread which is mostly about bugfixing, checked out the website and youtube but didn't find any:

I whish there was a manual which explains all the buttons, what exactely last, market, rule, high prices etc. are and what best practices should be used, i.e. what set of rules for specific trading strategies. Sorry I am a newbie and lost money in the hundreds for not understanding the software.

Has anyone written something similar?

Thanks,
Danman

You may learn a lot simply looking. I also lost, that's the though way of learning, any manual will make you win.
Enjoy the program, is a superb piece of software, given completely free, more than enough IMHO, the common sense must be provided by each user. (In fact I lack it completely ;-)
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Facewreck

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:16:46 AM

Hi!

Just want to say thanks for the great work!  

One issue though.  When I place a buy order through the client, the buy orders don't show and never go through.  I checked my API access and it should allow the client to purchase.  This is all through Bitstamp.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Any suggestions?
patriotek

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:04:09 AM

Here's something I just noticed...

I'm attempting to utilize the calculator function, to determine decent low-risk (if there is such a thing) rules to set.

Trouble is, I'm starting with BTC balance, and attempting to calculate a Sell-then-Buy scenario.  The calculator will not allow the sell field to be edited, only calc'd automatically based on other variables.  It'll also not allow for the Buy / Sell rows to be reversed.

Might be useful if it were possible to do either...
wc4482

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:40:58 AM

Hi!

One issue though.  When I place a buy order through the client, the buy orders don't show and never go through.  I checked my API access and it should allow the client to purchase.  This is all through Bitstamp.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Any suggestions?

Buy orders won't go through if you don't have enough cash. Sometimes the rounding is off. Try reducing the amount spent by $0.01 or $0.10 and see if it goes through then.
BitMintal

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:28:09 PM

Hi,

Many thanks IGHOR for the great work, this is really amazing.

I have some issues while using the trader, maybe someone can enlight me.
> I'm using BTC-E and working on LTC/USD. Latest version of the client.

For example i would like to setup 2 rules
When price is > 20$ sell everything
When price is < 17$ buy everything

I have created the rules, enabled them in concurent mode but: (i'm always using "market last price"
> when rule is triggered nothing happens (order tab stays empty)
> and rule is only applied once, after it goes in "proceed" state.

I would like order to be executed and that rules can be triggered an unlimited times.

Using instant buying or selling (bot windows), everything works fine.

Where i'm wrong ?

thank you.
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:52:19 AM

Currently it 5000 ms.
You can change it in ini file section UI, value RulesSafeModeInterval=5000
um... ya sure that is working as intended?

When I had the delay turned off, my trades were going through at roughly 5-6 seconds apart, but when I turn it on, it sits there waiting... couldn't find out exactly how long it would wait, as my buy condition stopped being valid after about 20 minutes.

(I'm also working with source at least a week old, so if you made changes since then, lemme know)
[/quote]

Trade requests have high priority, so it executed immediately. But UI updates have lower priority, so there maybe delay between order request sent and order appears on UI.
As I planted, I'll make it better soon: https://github.com/JulyIGHOR/QtBitcoinTrader/issues/106

Seems to be great software, just testing now, it works very smoothly in win 8.1 on vm.

I wonder if possible to add- if market last price goes to more or less than X % of market high price or low price then execute rule?

also seems bid and ask label is reversed in last trade tab

Percentage in rules will be added soon.
>also seems bid and ask label is reversed in last trade tab
Update to lastest build.

Hi!

Please, pick maximum value to buy that opens order. And send me Balance,Price,Value to PM. I'll fix this.

Here's something I just noticed...

I'm attempting to utilize the calculator function, to determine decent low-risk (if there is such a thing) rules to set.

Trouble is, I'm starting with BTC balance, and attempting to calculate a Sell-then-Buy scenario.  The calculator will not allow the sell field to be edited, only calc'd automatically based on other variables.  It'll also not allow for the Buy / Sell rows to be reversed.

Might be useful if it were possible to do either...

Zero profit step this is what you need. Use bottom of Buy and Sell panels to calculate next order.

Hi,

Many thanks IGHOR for the great work, this is really amazing.

I have some issues while using the trader, maybe someone can enlight me.
> I'm using BTC-E and working on LTC/USD. Latest version of the client.

For example i would like to setup 2 rules
When price is > 20$ sell everything
When price is < 17$ buy everything

I have created the rules, enabled them in concurent mode but: (i'm always using "market last price"
> when rule is triggered nothing happens (order tab stays empty)
> and rule is only applied once, after it goes in "proceed" state.

I would like order to be executed and that rules can be triggered an unlimited times.

Using instant buying or selling (bot windows), everything works fine.

Where i'm wrong ?

thank you.

Scalping example:

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
BitMintal

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

Hello,

Workaround was pretty simple, perfect !

Thank for the quick support.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:24:19 PM

Wow this is cool

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:35:26 PM

Cant seem to check concurrent for the rules? I'd like to sell if at XX, and spend my funds to buy if at XX, I have both btc and usd, but it will only do one than the other?
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:04:55 PM

Cant seem to check concurrent for the rules? I'd like to sell if at XX, and spend my funds to buy if at XX, I have both btc and usd, but it will only do one than the other?
You can't change modes when you have a rule active.

Disable all of your rules, then switch to concurrent, then re-enable them.

patriotek

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:03:07 AM

Hi!

I experienced this very sort of thing on my first attempt to purchase BTC with USD, but in BTC-e.  Several times edited the rule (while disabled) after the first failure and re-enabled.  This resulted again in a beep-notify, rule status claimed done, no order opened, no transaction completed.

Amount was around $10, rule was for spend all @ Buy Price, triggered at Sell Price being lower than specified.  Had to log into BTC-e and place order manually.
BitMintal

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:24:45 AM

I experienced this very sort of thing on my first attempt to purchase BTC with USD, but in BTC-e.  Several times edited the rule (while disabled) after the first failure and re-enabled.  This resulted again in a beep-notify, rule status claimed done, no order opened, no transaction completed.

Amount was around $10, rule was for spend all @ Buy Price, triggered at Sell Price being lower than specified.  Had to log into BTC-e and place order manually.

Same issue, "spend all @ Last Price", rule is well triggered in "done status" but nothing happens. (on BTC-E)
The opposite rule "sell all @ Last price " works 100% fine.

Manual buying works fine.

elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:34:06 PM

Hi,

There is a bug in orders log, here is a sample line copied line (copy selected rows):
2013. 12. 23. 21:54:14 sold $17.0 $17.00000001

two issue:
  • the amount is missing (1 ltc)
  • i sold 1 ltc at 17$, the app say the total is $17.00000001
on btc-e webpage, the trade history is ok.

Elbandi
BitcoinTristate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:01:38 PM

Excellent application you have created for trading!

I love the rules you can set. This is amazing.

If you ever decide to come out with a premium edition with more features please let us know!

I simply love this tool already. You can setup a rule so when bitcoins are sent to a certain address they are automatically converted to fiat just in case you are trading or making some purchase this way you can hedge against volatility. Very nice!

I'd love to see this being able to be used on Chromebook. I've tried setting up Ubuntu on my Chromebook but it's not really "true" and it's buggy at best. I'm going to have a dedicated laptop / machine running this application along with various other charts for our trading.

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 11:45:09 AM

Same issue, "spend all @ Last Price", rule is well triggered in "done status" but nothing happens. (on BTC-E)
The opposite rule "sell all @ Last price " works 100% fine.

Manual buying works fine.

Hi,

There is a bug in orders log, here is a sample line copied line (copy selected rows):
2013. 12. 23. 21:54:14 sold $17.0 $17.00000001

two issue:
  • the amount is missing (1 ltc)
  • i sold 1 ltc at 17$, the app say the total is $17.00000001
on btc-e webpage, the trade history is ok.

Elbandi

Thank you. I'll fix this soon.

Thank you all for bug reports and donations!

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
wc4482

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:11:53 PM

I want to report a bug with the Repeat Buy order and Repeat Sell order, an option from the context menu in "My Open Orders".

As I understand the feature, it takes the selected order and copy pastes the BTC amount and sales price to the big BUY and SELL screens in the bottom left corner. The program seems to be picking up the wrong order. I wonder if it happened because I sorted "My Open Orders" by Price and/or by date and it threw the system off. I know this is not a very technical bug report but I uploaded some images to an imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/vxpc5

IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

I want to report a bug with the Repeat Buy order and Repeat Sell order, an option from the context menu in "My Open Orders".

As I understand the feature, it takes the selected order and copy pastes the BTC amount and sales price to the big BUY and SELL screens in the bottom left corner. The program seems to be picking up the wrong order. I wonder if it happened because I sorted "My Open Orders" by Price and/or by date and it threw the system off. I know this is not a very technical bug report but I uploaded some images to an imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/vxpc5

Thank you. I'll fix it.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?

This can happens if you used same API keys in another programs.
Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.
So you need re-create API keys.

If this is not solution for you, please send me debug file to my email.
How to save debug file read in first message of this thread.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:56:29 AM

This can happens if you used same API keys in another programs.
Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.
So you need re-create API keys.

If this is not solution for you, please send me debug file to my email.
How to save debug file read in first message of this thread.

Thanks for the quick response IGHOR, I've made fresh API keys for both just to be sure and it's still giving me indefinite API lag, I'll send you a debug dump shortly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: