Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:49:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux]  (Read 383267 times)
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:12:45 AM

Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?

This can happens if you used same API keys in another programs.
Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.
So you need re-create API keys.

If this is not solution for you, please send me debug file to my email.
How to save debug file read in first message of this thread.

Thanks for the quick response IGHOR, I've made fresh API keys for both just to be sure and it's still giving me indefinite API lag, I'll send you a debug dump shortly.
Perhaps you got a temp ban from both for the amount of connections from the same IP?

I had this problem briefly with BTCe a couple days ago when I made another key for another build I was working on, and ended up having 2 different builds running at the same time (with one freshly restarted, so I guess you could count a 3rd API connection briefly if it hadn't timed out yet)

It cleared up after about 10 minutes or so tho (with a cloudflare verification thingy in the browser, so I guess that would have counted as a 4th)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:40:29 AM

Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?

This can happens if you used same API keys in another programs.
Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.
So you need re-create API keys.

If this is not solution for you, please send me debug file to my email.
How to save debug file read in first message of this thread.

Thanks for the quick response IGHOR, I've made fresh API keys for both just to be sure and it's still giving me indefinite API lag, I'll send you a debug dump shortly.
Perhaps you got a temp ban from both for the amount of connections from the same IP?

I had this problem briefly with BTCe a couple days ago when I made another key for another build I was working on, and ended up having 2 different builds running at the same time (with one freshly restarted, so I guess you could count a 3rd API connection briefly if it hadn't timed out yet)

It cleared up after about 10 minutes or so tho (with a cloudflare verification thingy in the browser, so I guess that would have counted as a 4th)

Hey you were right, after not attempting for ~20 min I tried it again and it worked
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:57:03 AM

Hey you were right, after not attempting for ~20 min I tried it again and it worked

I have found solution for this issue. So soon I'll include it to next update.
But now you can do make requests interval larger.
Go to %localappdata%\QtBitcoinTrader and edit ini file.
And set value HttpRequestsInterval to 600 for example. (I'll change default value for BTC-e to 600 instead of 500).
Or larger if required.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
crendore

Activity: 363

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:33:39 AM

Do you have any plans to add huobi?  They seem to have taken dominance of the market volumes lately.

IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 11:47:53 AM

Do you have any plans to add huobi?  They seem to have taken dominance of the market volumes lately.

I'll add all top exchanges. I see huobi have high volume too. So probably I'll add this exchange too.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Verify digital signature of the app in the file properties every time you download it.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 01:41:06 PM

It's great after btc robot accident i was about to lose my trust on robots but this is simple and free i'll give a try to use thanks once more!
Loekster

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:19:54 PM

Hi Ighor,

Thanks for your great peace of software, much appreciated, will make a donation as soon as i get it working properly.

I downloaded the latest version for my mac from sourceforce, all works fine in the beginning but it seems stuck. I have created new api key and secret on btc-e, entered the info on the first (add profile) screen with valid password but on the next screen the only choice is 'default profile'. When i enter my password i just come back in the first (add profile) screen.

Tried it in my VM with Windows 7, works like a charm. I can choose profile BTC-E[ProfileName] and after entering the password the program starts.

Seems to be some issue with OSX. Tried to uninstall, and install again. Same result. Tried to create new api key / secret. Same result.

I use OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

Any idea?
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:23:53 PM

Hi Ighor,

Thanks for your great peace of software, much appreciated, will make a donation as soon as i get it working properly.

I downloaded the latest version for my mac from sourceforce, all works fine in the beginning but it seems stuck. I have created new api key and secret on btc-e, entered the info on the first (add profile) screen with valid password but on the next screen the only choice is 'default profile'. When i enter my password i just come back in the first (add profile) screen.

Tried it in my VM with Windows 7, works like a charm. I can choose profile BTC-E[ProfileName] and after entering the password the program starts.

Seems to be some issue with OSX. Tried to uninstall, and install again. Same result. Tried to create new api key / secret. Same result.

I use OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

Any idea?

Hi. This is a permissions problem. I'll fix this soon.
But you can fix it manually now. Check write permissions to folder: /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/QtBitcoinTrader

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Loekster

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:37:20 PM

Hi. This is a permissions problem. I'll fix this soon.
But you can fix it manually now. Check write permissions to folder: /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/QtBitcoinTrader

OK! For other people with this problem. I did not have the folder Ighor described, after creating it and adjusting the write permissions the application works.
Thanx Ighor
xtral
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:12:21 PM

Hi Igor, it's a great program. It help me to trade and secure my trade.
I donate a little bit for your work.

Spende für ein Weizen an: 1NdhPG76eEzj86BDgihSWvVYSQKcA17iok
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 11:43:37 PM

Hi Igor, it's a great program. It help me to trade and secure my trade.
I donate a little bit for your work.

Thank you very match!
Hope to wonder you with many new features soon.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
stellan0r

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:42:00 PM

Hi IGHOR,

is it just the Mac version or is Bitstamp API not supported at the moment? I can only choose between gox and btc-e.

(maybe I did not find the answer a couple of pages before Wink )

edit:

got it. I was first using the "old" version from softpedia, but now got the up-to-date SF beta

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:46:38 PM

Hi IGHOR,

is it just the Mac version or is Bitstamp API not supported at the moment? I can only choose between gox and btc-e.

edit:

got it. I was first using the "old" version from softpedia, but now got the up-to-date SF beta

Make sure you use lastest v1.07.96
Create new profile and chose Bitstamp
Also you can use secure auto update to make sure you use lastest version.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Loekster

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:54:45 PM

Hi Ighor, as promised, a donation of 0.5 litecoin is heading your way for your great work on QT Bitcoin trader, your work is much appreciated.
I use the program because its so easy to use, i could use the btc-e website but your program makes it so much easer.

I have been playing around with the rules, but i'm a bit confused there. I made a rule for LTC/BTC: "if market sell price goed less then 0.03050 spend all my funds at market sell price" with some other sequential rules when prices rises and lowers again. At the starting moment I have all my funds in BTC. So i would expect to buy LTC for all my BTC when the first rule hits. But nothing happens. When the rule hits it just says processed and the next one jumps to processing, but no order has been created for the rule that was hit.

Do I misunderstand the way the rules work?

stellan0r

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:05:11 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 01:24:50 PM by stellan0r

Hi IGHOR,

edit:

Make sure you use lastest v1.07.96
Create new profile and chose Bitstamp
Also you can use secure auto update to make sure you use lastest version.

thanks, that is working. But I seem to have the same bug that was featured on facebook, after entering the api credentials and password I was asked to enter my profile password, after that I was set back to enter the api key.. On facebook you said something about folder permissions, mine are set to

"drwxr-xr-x  5 username  staff  170 28 Dez 13:52 QtBitcoinTrader"

what do I have to change? Smiley

edit - changed all folder permissions to read & write and now it works.

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
Loekster

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:24:52 PM

OK! For other people with this problem. I did not have the folder Ighor described, after creating it and adjusting the write permissions the application works.
Thanx Ighor

See my post above.

Checks if the folder exists, if not create it (in finder go to /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/). Make sure read and write are enabled for all users (not sure if thats needed, but it worked for me)

Hope it helps
Uli123

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:41:50 PM

Really great work for the community. When my wallet will be loaded next time, I'll make a donation.

If you are looking for improvements ;-) these are my suggestions:

>Scripting language would be awesome in the long run. Yes  I know, that is very difficult to implement.
>Second best solution: calculation with moving Average values for several durations e.g. 1min
   average or 1 hour average. Thus the rules could adapt automatically when the  market price
   moves. Actually the rules are too static.
>"Exact price" perhaps should be namend as "exact max/min price". Example: "if market price > 749 then sell 1 BTC for exact price 1$".You would of course not receive  1$. You would get the actual market buy price at the moment. Therefore it the rule inidcates a *minimum* price (sell) or *maximum* price (buy). This is the principle of an exchange I know, but for example there is a german „exchange“ bitcoin.de which works in a manner like ebay pricing. Therefore for my opinion it would be more clear, when max/min is mentioned, especially for novice traders. This information could be relevant for stopp loss orders in a crash scenario.
>Rule groups could get a symbol in the title, if at least one of the rules is activated.
>If you make a new rule it is activated by default. I would  find it more secure  when changing or experimenting with rules, that the user has to activate them with a seperate click.
patriotek

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:05:03 PM

@Uli123

I very much agree with many of your suggestions, particularly the idea that the rules are too static.  I'd love to see that change, for sure!

@IGHOR

I'm wondering if there's been any progress on getting Cryptsy support ready?  NOT asking to rush you, but rather, I've begun to dig around in the sources for my own experimentation, and thought I might ask if you'd already begun so as to not end up reinventing the wheel...

As well, might you have any hints as to where I'd be best to start?  ATM, I'm simply considering copying the BTCe (as that's the one I currently use) files, and editing them according to the API diff's.  Would that be a decent way to go about this, and more importantly, as very much a NON-developer, would I be better off to just wait (lol)?
IGHOR (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 11:55:18 PM

Really great work for the community. When my wallet will be loaded next time, I'll make a donation.

If you are looking for improvements ;-) these are my suggestions:

>Scripting language would be awesome in the long run. Yes  I know, that is very difficult to implement.
>Second best solution: calculation with moving Average values for several durations e.g. 1min
   average or 1 hour average. Thus the rules could adapt automatically when the  market price
   moves. Actually the rules are too static.
>"Exact price" perhaps should be namend as "exact max/min price". Example: "if market price > 749 then sell 1 BTC for exact price 1$".You would of course not receive  1$. You would get the actual market buy price at the moment. Therefore it the rule inidcates a *minimum* price (sell) or *maximum* price (buy). This is the principle of an exchange I know, but for example there is a german „exchange“ bitcoin.de which works in a manner like ebay pricing. Therefore for my opinion it would be more clear, when max/min is mentioned, especially for novice traders. This information could be relevant for stopp loss orders in a crash scenario.
>Rule groups could get a symbol in the title, if at least one of the rules is activated.
>If you make a new rule it is activated by default. I would  find it more secure  when changing or experimenting with rules, that the user has to activate them with a seperate click.

Day by day I'll make it better and better Smiley

@Uli123

I very much agree with many of your suggestions, particularly the idea that the rules are too static.  I'd love to see that change, for sure!

@IGHOR

I'm wondering if there's been any progress on getting Cryptsy support ready?  NOT asking to rush you, but rather, I've begun to dig around in the sources for my own experimentation, and thought I might ask if you'd already begun so as to not end up reinventing the wheel...

As well, might you have any hints as to where I'd be best to start?  ATM, I'm simply considering copying the BTCe (as that's the one I currently use) files, and editing them according to the API diff's.  Would that be a decent way to go about this, and more importantly, as very much a NON-developer, would I be better off to just wait (lol)?

I hope to make present for all and give update at New Year with Cryptsy and Bitfinex support.

Qt Bitcoin Trader
Alesfatalis

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Node.js | Java | C Developer

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:30:40 PM

Hello,

i have tried to compile the Trader on my Cubietruck (arm). I get the following error at the end when i am running
Code:
make
This is the error i get:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtOpenGL
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [QtBitcoinTrader] Fehler 1

Any idea how to fix it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: