Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:05:00 AM

How did they contact you? Would be nice to know and maybe hear from them about picking up my orders.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:08:40 AM

Sellling my pre-order rig #961 for a mere 6.5 BTC.  PM me if interested.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:31:07 AM

Over a thousand watt, a brain dead airflow design and just one fan that does anything useful. Good luck with that. Biomech's little 80GH miner lasted what, 2 months? Im giving this 2 weeks tops before something fries.

well, half of it still works... OUT of the case!

Wish I could say you were wrong.

I'll put a huge fan on the side and open the other side as well...wouldn't want the miner to fry. with a closed box and just turning it on... it might not even last a couple of days. I think its better to be smart and Fan up Cheesy

Actually based on the design and cooling I have the perfect case to replace it...this design just looking at it is inefficient. http://azzatek.com/csaz-9000.html
As it looks like it pulls heat out it needs effective intake to work. A case with an upwards intake from the bottom and exhaust at the top will keep this thing nice and cool. I already use one of these cases in one of my server/workstation builds. This assuming the ATX/EATX form factor is interchangeable. Looks nothing like the original renderings tho lol.

There is a large fan on the top which sucks the heart right out
  I choose to run it with out the side panel .  the side pannel has nice vent on it. You have a good point about the intake.  I will try it with the side panel.

mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:41:24 PM

You could also put a couple of high RPM fans in the front of the case to bring in cool air. I guess one important thing is not to put the "in" and "out" fans too close to each other or you will get a loop. I am sure everyone knows that already... I assume that top fan blows out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026ZPFCK/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:47:39 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:02:03 PM by opieum2

The Azza case actually has two of those large fans. Its a monster of a case though. It is meant to accomdate EATX boards. Not many of those types of workstation style cases on the market. Azza happens to make some solid ones. I run dual CPU systems in a confined space in my home office for my personal lab projects (opterons and xeons are hot as is the ECC memory that runs them. So I need good cases. Gaming cases sometimes work but in this cause its all about where the air is coming from. In my case it has to be bottom to top exhaust. In a datacenter setup I would have a very different airflow layout. IF the guts of the AMT miners can be moved to another case with ATX/EATX compat for server use I will do that. These cases aren't bad based on looking at them. But good airflow is a must if racking and stacking. And these just wont cut it. You have air intake from the front of the case and then it spits it out the side if its lying down.

The heatsinks are pointing in an impractical way for normal airflow for a case like that. Its an exhaust only system (unless I am missing a fan on the bottom)

All said it can work. And if there is a fan on the side vent of the case that (which is missing in this picture) then it is a workable design. Its not unlike coolling a multigpu setup for gaming rigs.

I would also check the quality of the heatsinks themselves. They might require a bit more lapping if its trivial to remove them. Altho this would only be recommended for VERY experienced hardware people with experience with removing and replacing computer parts. Also the milling of the heatsinks (depending on the setup) would require the right sandpaper grit and some water when sandpapering it to a mirror finish (if its not already). Im talking mods here at the basic level to make the hardware last.

its a good idea to make sure its all in order. If one thing I noticed with all manufacturers is build quality is left to be desired. Never like their renderings. The only things that seem to work as advertised out of the box are the USB eruptors. Everything else tends to have serious QA issues that need inspection.

All said tho not a bad job here. Looking forward to it at this point. Least now we got one order scratched off the unofficial order list Cheesy
Lets hope the next couple of weeks we start seeing more of them.

Once I get mine I will post more detailed observations. Probably in a seperate post even. I think I covered some stuff based on the picture alone but thats never enough.

EDIT: taking a closer look at the pic I noticed there is something else they could do with this case to vastly improve airflow. Cut open the bottom part of the mounts just enough to expose the heatsink fins. Attach two 120mm fans on the bottom pushing air upwards to the top of the case. Passive vent on the side case (which is apparently there already) and now you have a very cool machine but in turn have to keep the room reasonable cool.

PS: I also noticed no EXIF data on the photo...its been stripped out. Just a point we were making earlier since we have seen this sort of things before. Can you repost some photos WITH the exif intact? Meaning raw photo?

mrpark

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:02:34 PM

I have a temperature gun, I also have an infrared camera here at my work. I am very familiar with heat issues since I run many CUDA financial calculation computers and GPU mining computers. By the way, I am an electrical/computer/network engineer with about 20+ years experience. My order is in the 950's of a 1.2T and I am willing to offer my services to evaluate this unit. I live in North NJ, can I come pick mine up tonight at 8PM?

mrpark

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:06:17 PM

Rik_Khos and MBlackout, what is your order numbers?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:20:07 PM

Getting back on the road now, heading toward AMT. I'm on the other side of the state. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to meetup with Rassah in Baltimore, but nobody tell him that yet. It's a secret.  Roll Eyes
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:22:39 PM

Getting back on the road now, heading toward AMT. I'm on the other side of the state. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to meetup with Rassah in Baltimore, but nobody tell him that yet. It's a secret.  Roll Eyes

Who is Rassah?  What's the meetup about?  I work in Baltimore.

Maybe you want to check out:  http://ntekcomputers.com/blogs/news/12996809-final-design-of-ntek-10-chip-a1-coincraft-asic-boards   in Alexandria.   Looks like these folks have a real working coincraft a1 based system.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:22:53 PM

can i just say guys that that case looks exactly like my gaming pc case here http://www.cclonline.com/product/80283/0-761345-15950-0/Cases/Antec-Eleven-Hundred-XL-ATX-Desktop-Enclosure-NO-PSU-/CAS0595/

my 2x R9 290x cards run really hot compared to normal so i have had to add 4 fans so im guessing its gonna be hot with them blades in lol
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:27:46 PM

Sellling my pre-order rig #961 for a mere 6.5 BTC.  PM me if interested.

I just realized that we all got a bum deal here.  Look at the backpanel,  it can accomodate only 5 boards.   Each board has 8 coincraft A1 chips, so a total of only 40 coincraft A1.  You can't add an additional board without a new back panel!

AMT appears to be selling a 1 GHs and saying it is 1.2 GHs.  

I may be wrong here,  but if these are Bitmine revision 2.0 boards then we are screwed.

If these are Bitmine revision 3.0 boards... then that's 50 chips ( 10 chips per board)...  and that would be a better situation.

Can you take out the boards and take a photo of them?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:33:57 PM

mellorbo I also use 290x, I have 4 MSI. As of right now I am doing litecoin mining, but checking out other currencies like Spaincoin. Not sure if that is a scam coin or not. heh.

HSMiner

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

Does anyone know what the address is to their assembly location? I was told it was in the north east philly ares.

I was at their main office yesterday and was told in person a call back,  and as of this point nothing from the owner. Just spoke with his brother and secretary. very nice lady, and it sucks she has to field the anger when it's not her fault at all. Anyways if anyone know please post it. I would like to stop by there since out of 4 times being at the main office Josh has been there a total of 0 times, and I am told is always at the plant.
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:51:23 PM

I just realized that we all got a bum deal here.  Look at the backpanel,  it can accomodate only 5 boards.   Each board has 8 coincraft A1 chips, so a total of only 40 coincraft A1.  You can't add an additional board without a new back panel!

I may be wrong here,  but if these are Bitmine revision 2.0 boards then we are screwed.

If these are Bitmine revision 3.0 boards... then that's 50 chips ( 10 chips per board)...  and that would be a better situation.

two points here

#1  AMT has a bigger back plane and is easily.

#2  Yes this does run at 1.2 in turbo mode.   ( i will be making a video showing hash rate )
opieum2

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:55:23 PM

So far you are the only one with an actual order that we know of. How did they contact you to let you know to come in to pick it up? Email or phone?

My order is at the ass end of the queue as far as the unofficial order list goes, but it would be nice to know WHEN I could swing down and pick it up. Its the main question I have been asking. I am not saying I WANT IT NOW...just when can I expect to have it so I can plan my time. I do keep busy despite the fact I am always on here. FYI @AMT I am order 1493. I have asked in email and tried to contact by phone. Hopefully there is a response here. Like I said I just want a general ETA that can be counted on at this point. Sounds like you are actually sending out units as you said. But it would be nice to know for those of us who have not gotten them to know when we will get them.

athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:59:41 PM

Over a thousand watt, a brain dead airflow design and just one fan that does anything useful. Good luck with that. Biomech's little 80GH miner lasted what, 2 months? Im giving this 2 weeks tops before something fries.

well, half of it still works... OUT of the case!

Wish I could say you were wrong.

I'll put a huge fan on the side and open the other side as well...wouldn't want the miner to fry. with a closed box and just turning it on... it might not even last a couple of days. I think its better to be smart and Fan up Cheesy

Actually based on the design and cooling I have the perfect case to replace it...this design just looking at it is inefficient. http://azzatek.com/csaz-9000.html
As it looks like it pulls heat out it needs effective intake to work. A case with an upwards intake from the bottom and exhaust at the top will keep this thing nice and cool. I already use one of these cases in one of my server/workstation builds. This assuming the ATX/EATX form factor is interchangeable. Looks nothing like the original renderings tho lol.

There is a large fan on the top which sucks the heart right out
  I choose to run it with out the side panel .  the side pannel has nice vent on it. You have a good point about the intake.  I will try it with the side panel.

I have the exact same case on my computer, There are fans on the front one up top one on the panel that comes off and one on the back (not including the power supply fan) should give enough ventilation IF all those fans are used.... but the top fan because it is so heavy for the bearings, goes out quickly.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:06:50 PM

two points here

#1  AMT has a bigger back plane and is easily.

#2  Yes this does run at 1.2 in turbo mode.   ( i will be making a video showing hash rate )

So 1.2 Is NOT NOMINAL.   RIDICULOUS!  It's a 1 THs Bitmine.ch system sold as a 1.2 THs AMT system.   No only are they late,  AMT falsely advertised a system that their manufacturer is selling as 1.0 THs as one that is 1.2 Ths.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:27:49 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:18:53 PM by MrTeal

two points here

#2  Yes this does run at 1.2 in turbo mode.   ( i will be making a video showing hash rate )

So 1.2 Is NOT NOMINAL.   RIDICULOUS!  It's a 1 THs Bitmine.ch system sold as a 1.2 THs AMT system.   No only are they late,  AMT falsely advertised a system that their manufacturer is selling as 1.0 THs as one that is 1.2 Ths.  
It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 5 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:42:23 PM

mellorbo I also use 290x, I have 4 MSI. As of right now I am doing litecoin mining, but checking out other currencies like Spaincoin. Not sure if that is a scam coin or not. heh.
i have the shitty powercolour reference design ones with the elpida ram so i can only pull 750khs each with fan at 60% otherwise the max i can hit is 830khs with fan at 88% but for my situation the fans at 88% are far too loud Sad
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

two points here

It will be interesting to see Blackout's power usage, but the Dragon miners went from a hair under 900W @ 1TH/s when they used 4 boards to 1150W @ 1TH/s when running 4 boards. I'm guessing these will pull somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400W at 1.2TH/s. Of course the Dragon miner has a much better case design, so the AMT one might run a little worse as everything in there is going to be toasty warm.

Alright where do we start...  Airflow.. Boards...Backplane.. Cage..  I know this write up is going to take a few hours so lets go ahead and get started.
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: