Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:19:54 PM

How did Mblackout get his unit before anyone else?
Why are 99% of Mblackouts posts on the forum in this AMT thread, or about AMT ??

Why do we still not have pictures of the "pallets of boxes" lol. How about a warehouse full of people assembling miners, which is what it would take to even start getting caught up on orders.

Probably because he is local. I haven't gotten my email or PM via forum or smoke signals yet asking to come in to get my orders.
In all fairness I would do a fair review of the hardware. I would keep the business side of things out of that since my focus would be the hardware. If I get my hardware soonish I can give a fair and comprehensive review. I am in the NYC area so easy enough to get down there in a couple hours to pick it up. Plus I would have to miners to compare against. They both are teh same 1.2 but at least can see if they work all things being equal.

If the hardware works as advertised I will be happy with that. Its what we paid for.

But yea the EXIF data in this photo was also stripped. I wont do the same with mine. I can take a couple of pics. One once I am at AMT getting it (obviously keeping their privacy such as it is intact) I will take pics of it at the office, another in my car being transported (not while I am driving I want to live to make it home lol) and then the unboxing (if there is an unboxing to be done). After I will just make some raw video with hooking it up and setting it up. I might edit the video if time permits otherwise its just going up to youtube as is and make another one with how to set these things up.

If AMT is ok with this I would have no problem going to pick it up tonight (and meet phin in the process) or Monday even (tommorrow I got a client I need to work with).

But all things being fair I guess its fair to wait my place in line too. I am just looking to provide something in return for that. And a fair review I think considering everything can't hurt at this point.

I didnt strip any data i think the image share site did.  what image share should i use which will not to strip it.  

are you looking for GPS info?  what the photo was shot with.  I can help you out.  The photo shot on my Nexus 4 and was shot in NJ right outside of NYC.  

Next batch of photos i will use my canon 6d which has GPS meta tagging you can pin-point the F-stop, flash settings and exactly where i keep my miners Wink

clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

blackout what was your order # and how did you come to get a miner from AMT? did they call you and say pick it up? did you call them? oops, nevermind they dont answer phones. how did you arrange a pick up?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

Why are 99% of Mblackouts posts on the forum in this AMT thread, or about AMT ??

Why do we still not have pictures of the "pallets of boxes" lol. How about a warehouse full of people assembling miners, which is what it would take to even start getting caught up on orders.

Probably because he is local. I haven't gotten my email or PM via forum or smoke signals yet asking to come in to get my orders.
In all fairness I would do a fair review of the hardware. I would keep the business side of things out of that since my focus would be the hardware. If I get my hardware soonish I can give a fair and comprehensive review. I am in the NYC area so easy enough to get down there in a couple hours to pick it up. Plus I would have to miners to compare against. They both are teh same 1.2 but at least can see if they work all things being equal.

If the hardware works as advertised I will be happy with that. Its what we paid for.

But yea the EXIF data in this photo was also stripped. I wont do the same with mine. I can take a couple of pics. One once I am at AMT getting it (obviously keeping their privacy such as it is intact) I will take pics of it at the office, another in my car being transported (not while I am driving I want to live to make it home lol) and then the unboxing (if there is an unboxing to be done). After I will just make some raw video with hooking it up and setting it up. I might edit the video if time permits otherwise its just going up to youtube as is and make another one with how to set these things up.

If AMT is ok with this I would have no problem going to pick it up tonight (and meet phin in the process) or Monday even (tommorrow I got a client I need to work with).

But all things being fair I guess its fair to wait my place in line too. I am just looking to provide something in return for that. And a fair review I think considering everything can't hurt at this point.

I didnt strip any data i think the image share site did.  what image share should i use which will not to strip it.  

are you looking for GPS info?  what the photo was shot with.  I can help you out.  The photo shot on my Nexus 4 and was shot in NJ right outside of NYC.  

Next batch of photos i will use my canon 6d which has GPS meta tagging you can pin-point the F-stop, flash settings and exactly where i keep my miners Wink

What is your order number?!?!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:27:17 PM

Not gonna say you are a plant. I think you are legit and the device is real. So you did us a favor bringing this online. Just for the sake of silencing doubters the exif might be useful to put doubts to rest. I enabled geotagging on my smart-phone (20MP) just to track things for proof. But that said I pretty much have most of my posts in this thread too. Really doesnt make much of an argument. I just happen to have an interest here and not on other threads that don't directly concern me.  

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:29:27 PM

Only thing I can think of is they are getting the office pick up orders out of the way first.....presumably. I know I could go but again I am at the ass end of the queue. So who knows. But yea I can see why people think you are a plant if you arent even giving up the order number. You got your order so there should be no reason to hold back that info.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:32:36 PM

Only thing I can think of is they are getting the office pick up orders out of the way first.....presumably. I know I could go but again I am at the ass end of the queue. So who knows. But yea I can see why people think you are a plant if you arent even giving up the order number. You got your order so there should be no reason to hold back that info.

Something as simple as an Order # and the guy can't even reveal it!

Total B.S.

Waiting for the next plant to show up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

My order number is in the 950's. I can come pick it up tonight since I am in NJ. I been trying forever to call and/or email. No one has got back to me.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:50:43 PM

Something as simple as an Order # and the guy can't even reveal it!

Total B.S.

Waiting for the next plant to show up.

+1

MBLACKOUT is nothing more than a planted shill, setup with a miner and here to prove AMT is legit. He said he was at the assembly plant, where are the pictures? Where are the in depth reviews and better photos of the internals? Oh wait, more delays I see. AMT: Why even give people order numbers if you are going to fulfill orders out of the queue.

It's obvious the ORDER QUEUE means nothing at this point.

What did I tell you guys? These idiots are NOT hardware savvy nor technical people. The computer case was just a terrible choice for this application. Your better off ripping everything out of the case, and putting the internals in a milk crate. The case can go in a trash can from that point on.

You can tell they are inept by something as simple as leaving the hard drive cages in. I know they are riveted in, but still: just a bad choice all around from a design perspective.

If they are trying to fulfill orders with these devices, the customers will need to retrofit them accordingly to get the most life out of them. I can imagine they wouldn't last very long running, with this design. Either the PSU or one of those boards will prematurely die from the load and heat generated.

This device does 2 things:

1: It proves they are actually manufacturing miners (to avoid lawsuits)
2. It gets miners to their customers who decide to forget about pursuing a refund.

Now, Here's where it gets dicey. You run this thing for 2 or 3 months then it explodes. Now you are truly fucked. No ROI on the miner, no chance for a refund, no chance for a lawsuit.

With another company, you might be able to say "they are reputable" and "i trust their word and their warranty". Think you'll be saying that about AMT 3 months from now? Please.

Use your heads people!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2588

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

I know is O.T. but to really get the paranoids going, this about the NSA & Huawei spying leaks.  http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1321651&_mc=RSS_EET_EDT&cid=NL_EET_Daily_20140327&elq=672e99deea134f59b20ba4a9b85b53ad&elqCampaignId=16181
"Rather than stop at simply collecting more information than it could process, however, a NSA special-operations unit bored into the company's technical data, eventually compromising servers holding source code for the firmware that runs the routers and switches Huawei builds for large corporations and telecommunications companies.

The goal was to build secret backdoors or security flaws into the source code, which Huawei would then build into its own products and distribute to a customer base so large that Huawei boasts that its products connect a third of the world's population."

Huawei is not the only company they did that with as is mentioned in the article, Seagate, WD, and others... Bottom line is I hope the control boards in these are using OpenWrt so we can look at the actual code running them...

Oh, and I too only post here simply because my only concern is with AMT. Back to our regular scheduled programming. Tongue

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Mblackout

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

Come more pics:

Cages ready to go:

sirminesalot

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:12:09 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 05:50:28 PM by sirminesalot

Come more pics:

Cages ready to go:

I know the nexus 4 has a better camera than that.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Looks like they can build 50 of the more than a thousand orders they have.... At least the mounting cage for them.
HSMiner

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:34:59 PM

was there again. today.. still no answers.. going to give them a chance still till monday.. if not I'll give u all the details of what I was told
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

Can we get some more photos of something SUBSTANTIAL?

I'm sorry, but 50 or so cages don't put our minds at ease.

How about pictures of the cases and power supplies to fulfill all of these orders? How about reviews from some of the "others" that have received their miners. How about an actual picture of ... wait for it... the rig ACTUALLY mining?

So far I'm unimpressed.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:58:35 PM

Interesting that those are obviously not the same cages that are in your miner. Do you have a pre-production unit or something?
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure any of the details. At this point just by looking at the case its easy to see where the potential flaws could be. That said, if it works it works. And like any good techie worth anything they will want to figure out how to squeeze out every bit of performance out of it.

My first thoughts would be a single fan at the top is not enough to vent the excessive heat. That said the side vent can bring in cool air providing some suction in a more passive fashion. The front fans in the case also provide some more cooling but are blocked by the hard drive mounts in the case so it diffuses airflow and creates less efficient ways.

I cant get a close look at the PSU. So I have no idea what it is or is capable of. If its a 1200 watt PSU then its more than capable of doing what it needs to do and hitting the 1.2Ths mark.
Without a physical unit in hand I wont know anything about the hashing performance.

Hopefully some more people get some of these and post up pics/vids and whatnot so we can start seeing how well they do.
1.2 Mark with 5 modules + 1200 watt PSU is MADNESSSSSSSS and HIGH TOP AMT ENGINEERING COOLING
Make sure that the fireman is around Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ask for your money back Wink
i am giving this peace of crap 10-15 minutes live MAX before blast

Fine qualify your statement as to why you think that would be the case? There are technical people amongst us so we can validate/invalidate those statements. Right now its just madness and get a fireman there.

What are the electrical aspects that would make this wrong to run? Now if its running at 1.2THs turbo mode I think then the 1.2THs nominal mode is a misleading statement. Turbo is meant to be overclocked.
But right now losia you gotta qualify what you just said with a bit more than get a fireman. We know the devices are real enough. The quality is still in question but we need to understand your thinking as to why you think they will burst into flames. Go into as much technical detail as possible so there is no room for misunderstanding.

So then - lets start with the cage.

Let's NOT start with the cage. The cage is not what everyone is interested in knowing about.

That's like saying, "let's start with the broom we use to sweep up the assembly plant's floor".
l12

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

Come more pics:

Cages ready to go:

https://i.imgur.com/OBo2k49.jpg

hey whats ur order number?
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:29:26 PM

Come more pics:

Cages ready to go:

hey whats ur order number?

Mblackouts order number is #609 if anyone is interested.

Why don't you guys formulate a list of questions that are not related to your order numbers or deliveries/pickups because as you can see we are not answering those types of questions here. If you email sales@advancedminers.com someone will get back to you.
Mblackout

BitRoll

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:29:44 PM

Can we get some more photos of something SUBSTANTIAL?

I'm sorry, but 50 or so cages don't put our minds at ease.

How about pictures of the cases and power supplies to fulfill all of these orders? How about reviews from some of the "others" that have received their miners. How about an actual picture of ... wait for it... the rig ACTUALLY mining?

So far I'm unimpressed.

cases....

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

Why won't he post his order number? Or did I miss it?

Check the unofficial order list. Might be on there I haven't checked personally.

Edit: I checked. Not on there.

I call B.S. on blackout.....   for some reason he gets preferential treatment with a likely order in the #600 range.  

However folks in the 500 range have yet to receive their units.

The guy is a plant used to validate the story that AMT shipped to some random folks.    The guy posts nowhere but on this thread.   The hardware does appear real,  however, there is no evidence in photographs that it is actually hashing.   The photo is so bogus,  why is it photographed on a desk unattached to anything.   If I had that miner, I would not waste money taking it offline.   

AMT has a day left to respond to my Consumer Complaint,  otherwise I'll be seeing them in small claims court.

We never received a formal complaint regarding your order. Which agency did you file with?
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: