Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:16:36 AM

devcoin is so undervalued.

Especially now that it has my awesome GIANT coin.  ahahaaaa.

But seriously, it truly is.  it's the only coin with an actual business plan.  it's a hybrid and I think it will prove to not only be sustainable but self sufficient and self perpetuating as its employees are also its shareholders.  It's like a star ready to go SUPERNOVA.

And speaking of perpetuating and propagating:

lol...

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:17:58 AM

What is that a new coin?

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:18:51 AM

Would you please stop flooding this thread by useless and meaningless newbie questions that is completely unrelated to devcoin ?! it is a devcoin thread not pastbin or q&a for anything or bitcointalk help thread !

I check this thread from time to time but found all these long or short posts, and have to read through them all incase i do not miss any important news or progress. it's very annoying.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:18:58 AM

FYI, I am changing the permissions for the writers to be capable of uploading for now. I will be watching this closely so that abuse does not begin. Please do not upload massive images, crop them first. If it gets abused by anyone I will have to change it back.

Are you talking about uploading to bitcointalk or to devtome?

Thanks, I just learned how to cut down the image.  Please remove the really big ones, they annoy me let alone everyone else.  Sorry and thanks.

And I'll stop posting images of my coin.  I just wanted some feedback and perhaps inspire others to make something totally different than what the other coins have but got a bit carried away joking around.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:21:25 AM

Would you please stop flooding this thread by useless and meaningless newbie questions that is completely unrelated to devcoin ?! it is a devcoin thread not pastbin or q&a for anything or bitcointalk help thread !

I check this thread from time to time but found all these long or short posts, and have to read through them all incase i do not miss any important news or progress. it's very annoying.
there is a ignore button, i already had some pages here with all posts ignored lol

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:22:01 AM

Maybe you're not aware of this but devcoin has a design a new contest and there is no special thread for it and they haven't even gotten 15 coins submitted yet because I think most don't know about it.

So I think talking about any new coins people are putting up or answering questions are not newbie junk but important.  afterall, the new coin which wins the contest will be the face of devcoin.  devcoin is a coin, a digital coin, it is what it is, what it sells and what it stands for.  

Quite relevant.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:23:05 AM

there is a ignore button, i already had some pages here with all posts ignored lol

I didn't know you could ignore just pages.  sorry, I would have ignore the ones with the huge coins myself.  that was done by accident.  I thought 720K was small since I cropped it down from an original 13 megs.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:26:47 AM

I even totally ignored this function...

thanks, the world suddenly became clean and clear Wink

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

I even totally ignored this function...

thanks, the world suddenly became clean and clear Wink
i got tons of ppl on my ignore list, all those with tomany useless posts, its a good ruleset for using the ignore function Smiley after doing this for some days/weeks you will only see posts worth reading (those who arent worth count how many of which person, if tomuch ignore too) and so on Smiley

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:30:14 AM

What is that a new coin?

No, it's a coin I put together.

devcoin has a secret design a new coin contest.  I say secret because it seems full members and higher have no idea about it.

Here's what I know.

The contest lasts until they get 15 entry coins.

You get I think 2/5 of a share for the entry

First place gets I think 4 shares

Second I think 2 shares

Third place 1 share

The winning coin will be the new face and coin of devcoin but of course you lose all rights to it and they can do to it anything they want.  I tried to fight for 1% ownership but there's just no way.  I'm not an artist in any way which is why it took me entire days to just put together the coin you're seeing and i'm still working on the final image since I have to finish the whole thing and replace the center image to something made from scratch which will include dvc.

Thanks for asking, most don't know there's a contest which is part of the reason I put my coin up.  All these giant coin images might have annoyed some but it sure got the message out that there's a contest so now maybe there will be many more entrants and maybe some with real artistic talent.  I can imagine things like images but I have no artistic talent to get them out of my head.  lol

Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:48:54 AM

Yes. I agree. At times it takes me almost an hour to catch up because of those long ass posts. It gets quite irritating.

I just quit reading the long ones from Vlad. I just skip over them, or read a couple of sentences and conclude that it has no relevance to the devcoin project or devtome. Or if it does and its tl&dr I can usually find someone who quoted the small piece worth reading so I don't have to find it.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:02:06 AM

I just read a post by finshaggy where he outlined a bunch of ways to get the word out on devcoin. Most people are only focusing on bitcoin cause the value is so high not realize that the true potential is in coins like devcoin.  So I guess the first step in getting people actively in buying and mining devcoins is to get them to open up a devwallet.  

One of the suggestions on the list was to give away devcoins to people who open new devcoin wallets.  I know finshaggy already gave away a bunch of coins already, 60,000 I think I saw on a thread he started or maybe it grew, but I'll like to pitch in.  

Devcoin and Devtome gave me a great opportunity to earn coins and I was really amazed at that generosity cause there's simply no business out there that will let you show up and do the work you can and pay you in shares.  Can you imagine showing up at Nike and helping out and walking out with Nike shares?  I can't and that's what's amazing about devcoin.

It's this kind of thoughtful generosity, if practiced by everyone involved, can really help devcoin reach new heights and gain a big competitive advantage over every other digital coin out there, for nowhere can you and get free coins just for opening a new dev wallet.

I earned  some devcoins via writing last round but haven't been paid yet but I did buy some devcoins several times over the past 2 weeks so I have quite a few coins.  Well, not a lot value wise, but a lot number wise.

So I want to propagate the same generosity which was shown to me by giving away 100,000 devcoins from my vircurex account, which will hopefully work.

I'm not sure how to do this for optimal effect.  While I think 1,000 coins per new wallet would be the best way that would mean I have to send out coins 100 different times and I don't know how long it will  take.  If it's an easy thing to do then that's probably the best way, if not  then I'll do the first 25 NEW accounts.

I'm not gonna verify so let's have a gentleman's agreement that if you already opened an account and at some point got some reward that you won't submit it here for a second one.  And it doesn't necessarily have to be new as opened in the last 5 minutes although I would prefer if it were for people who will open a new account because of this offer since that's the whole point, to get more people actively buying, mining or earning devcoins.  

Let's get some feedback from people who have done this to setup the best and easiest parameters.  And maybe also start a new thread so I don't get put on ignore by everyone.

All feedback is appreciated.

fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:06:59 AM

Cool concept I may try out the freelance writing.  I just downloaded the wallet my DVC address is:

1HGto3UGVqgTMho9jTaQ3Yxi3DicDuQWNm
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:07:41 AM

Yes. I agree. At times it takes me almost an hour to catch up because of those long ass posts. It gets quite irritating.

I just quit reading the long ones from Vlad. I just skip over them, or read a couple of sentences and conclude that it has no relevance to the devcoin project or devtome. Or if it does and its tl&dr I can usually find someone who quoted the small piece worth reading so I don't have to find it.

Good to know, I see your point and I'll make a strong effort to minimize all my posts.  Thanks for the feedback.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:10:48 AM

Cool concept I may try out the freelance writing.  I just downloaded the wallet my DVC address is:

1HGto3UGVqgTMho9jTaQ3Yxi3DicDuQWNm

It's worth the effort, it's work after a few days but definitely worth it if devcoin becomes something the way I feel it will.

I'll make a list of the first 25 or whatever wallets we determine to get the reward and I'll do them all at once so I don't have to keep logging into my vircurex account.

That and I don't want to use my laptop to log in since I use it for too much online work and seeing how one guy on here already got a keylog virus I no longer log into my account using this laptop.  So instead I'll write them all down and do it all at once, probably tomorrow. 

Thanks for opening a devcoin wallet, you'll be glad you did. 

And now you'll have something in it. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:13:49 AM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

I have to step out but I'll check back later. 

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.

FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 04:25:39 AM

So I want to propagate the same generosity which was shown to me by giving away 100,000 devcoins from my vircurex account, which will hopefully work.

I'm not sure how to do this for optimal effect.  While I think 1,000 coins per new wallet would be the best way that would mean I have to send out coins 100 different times and I don't know how long it will  take.  If it's an easy thing to do then that's probably the best way, if not  then I'll do the first 25 NEW accounts.

I'm not gonna verify so let's have a gentleman's agreement that if you already opened an account and at some point got some reward that you won't submit it here for a second one.  And it doesn't necessarily have to be new as opened in the last 5 minutes although I would prefer if it were for people who will open a new account because of this offer since that's the whole point, to get more people actively buying, mining or earning devcoins.  

Let's get some feedback from people who have done this to setup the best and easiest parameters.  And maybe also start a new thread so I don't get put on ignore by everyone.

All feedback is appreciated.

1. Awesome idea.
2. You should make your own thread, or post about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191136.0;topicseen

I think 100 wallets would be a good new amount Smiley

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:57:12 AM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

I have to step out but I'll check back later. 

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.

I wasn't attacking you in any sort of way, you didn't accuse me of such but I am just clarifying. I get on here after school/work so reading through long posts like that before writing or trading or firing up the miner takes precious time away from those things. Giving away DVC is relevant in my opinions because it is helping to boost the economy. I too plan on starting a faucet when I get paid next month, after I invest in a decent mining rig. It's good to see someone new who is so enthused about the whole thing, just try to keep your posts short, concise, and to the point if you don't mind.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:01:20 AM

I received the last devcoin address, so I asked Mark to make the receiver files. I also sent 23 devcoins to everyone that has not received generation devcoins before and has given me a devcoin address, from the newbie file:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/newbie.csv

so they can check that their address is correct. Please check that your devcoin address is getting 23 devcoins; if someone is not getting them, tell me immediately and if we get that information within a day we'll check the address and generate a new receiver file. Since everyone confirmed that their address is correct, it is unlikely that any of the addresses are wrong, this is just a final check.

Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:12:37 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 05:42:18 AM by Icoin

Somehow ppl dont read, thats why i write it in big letters:

DEVDA.CH does not interact with YAHOO, HOTMAIL or AOL

out of security reasons.

Thanks for understanding!

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: