Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:51:32 PM

Let's put the facts in order ladies.... Cool

You, smart supporters and shrimps of a good and interesting project like XMR, DON'T CONTROL THE MARKET. I like the way you support your coin (I prefer DASHit shrimps), but your actions don't have any effect in the trading room. WE CONTROL THE MARKET, and very thanks to Poloniex, now we have a double control. Why should we pump a shitcoin, when we can get the profit by dumping it and crashing the weak confidence?? Undecided

I'm sorry for you but hard times for XMR are coming.... I'm sure that smart supporters will take advantage of the future dumps, so I would say that we will all win (except the shrimps, which represent the 90%).

Just remember, keep buyin' that shit, keep supporting it, and when the crash comes, sell your XMR in silence, nobody will judge you. Grin Grin

And last thing, forget about the 0.002 's dreams. The market won't get there for a long, long time.....  Cry See you in the 0.001 's in a few weeks. In my country, the 0.001 's means 0.0009-0.0011 , pieces of shrimps. Grin

I post it again, because it defines prefectly what will happen in a few days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkrhRcgNMCA

You've probably sold and now try to create a bearish sentiment with your idiotic talk. Subsequently, you're hoping that the market will decline so you can profit from it. It could also just be blatant trolling. I advise you guys to put this guy on ignore.

Can't you guys tell its that little shit TrueCraptonair?

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:57:55 PM

Let's put the facts in order ladies.... Cool

You, smart supporters and shrimps of a good and interesting project like XMR, DON'T CONTROL THE MARKET. I like the way you support your coin (I prefer DASHit shrimps), but your actions don't have any effect in the trading room. WE CONTROL THE MARKET, and very thanks to Poloniex, now we have a double control. Why should we pump a shitcoin, when we can get the profit by dumping it and crashing the weak confidence?? Undecided

I'm sorry for you but hard times for XMR are coming.... I'm sure that smart supporters will take advantage of the future dumps, so I would say that we will all win (except the shrimps, which represent the 90%).

Just remember, keep buyin' that shit, keep supporting it, and when the crash comes, sell your XMR in silence, nobody will judge you. Grin Grin

And last thing, forget about the 0.002 's dreams. The market won't get there for a long, long time.....  Cry See you in the 0.001 's in a few weeks. In my country, the 0.001 's means 0.0009-0.0011 , pieces of shrimps. Grin

I post it again, because it defines prefectly what will happen in a few days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkrhRcgNMCA

You've probably sold and now try to create a bearish sentiment with your idiotic talk. Subsequently, you're hoping that the market will decline so you can profit from it. It could also just be blatant trolling. I advise you guys to put this guy on ignore.

What an Einstein man! Of course I'm short in XMR, but not with a few tens of BTC, rather more. And like me, there are lots lots of big traders of the circle with the same position. 

And yes, I'm here to create a bearish sentiment (wait, It was not bearish?? Shocked) . Anyway, I can say whatever and you can say whatever, we won't affect the market, but I'm just telling you what's gonna happen here. Thats all. Wink
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:32:45 PM

I advise you guys to put this guy on ignore.

It doesn't help if you quote him.  Wink
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Bring it on bitch.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:03:20 PM

What an Einstein man! Of course I'm short in XMR, but not with a few tens of BTC, rather more. And like me, there are lots lots of big traders of the circle with the same position. 

You never know. What if he speaks the truth?

What could be more juicy a situation than this though? Shorting against a rich community? If you want a tougher challenge still, consider shorting CKG!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:06:04 PM

You never know. What if he speaks the truth?

What could be more juicy a situation than this though? Shorting against a rich community? If you want a tougher challenge still, consider shorting CKG!

Aside from being stupid, shorting CKG is more difficult in practice because it would need to be an OTC arrangement. CKG does not yet trade on an exchange that allows short sales.

If you are in Monero for the long run there is no need to worry about the short sellers. Unless of course you buy on margin. Then you should worry or maybe read the Americanpegasus post on the subject on Reddit.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:19:20 PM

... or maybe read the Americanpegasus post on the subject on Reddit.

Don't buy on margin.  Don't short on margin.  Don't fuck with margin.  

I lost like 5,000 XMR early this year playing with margin, and chances are good that will eventually be a fortune worth millions of dollars.  Don't worry, I still have lots of XMR left, but it was a lesson I hope I have purchased for the both of us:don't date robots. don't fuck with margin.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:39:47 PM

Alright, just so I'm clear on this...

Vulture and some unnamed group of people are planning on manipulating the market downwards...

...potentially dumping many thousands of Monero at bargain basement prices...

...during a time when we're finalizing the next big release and aiming ourselves at greater public awareness...

...thus allowing droves of new people to acquire a truly private and untraceable cryptocurrency at very affordable prices...

...of which will probably allow those people to see their investment grow sooner rather than later...

...and this is a bad thing?

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:44:04 PM

Alright, just so I'm clear on this...

Vulture and some unnamed group of people are planning on manipulating the market downwards...

...potentially dumping many thousands of Monero at bargain basement prices...

...during a time when we're finalizing the next big release and aiming ourselves at greater public awareness...

...thus allowing droves of new people to acquire a truly private and untraceable cryptocurrency at very affordable prices...

...of which will probably allow those people to see their investment grow sooner rather than later...

...and this is a bad thing?

He's even advertising this incredible offer.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:49:57 PM

Real Philanthropist he is.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:53:15 PM

And yes, I'm here to create a bearish sentiment (wait, It was not bearish?? Shocked) . Anyway, I can say whatever and you can say whatever, we won't affect the market, but I'm just telling you what's gonna happen here. Thats all. Wink

Good. This could be real fun to watch, especially with upcoming 0.9 release. I have long ago taken delivery of my XMR and have zero debt together with a significant CAD postion. Taking delivery is the most effective way to squeeze shorts to the wall. One just sits back and waits.

This worked very well for me back in late 2011 / early 2012 with pirateat40 and his massive short Bitcoin position. By the way pirateat40's 7% per week interest on Bitcoin in 2011 made a lot of sense when Bitcoin was crashing at a rate closer to 8% per week compounded. The pirate could make 1% profit on the spread by simply shorting Bitcoin and holding USD, while Bitcoin crashed all the way down to 2 USD. After this part was over the fun began ...

Enjoy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:00:57 PM

Good. This could be real fun to watch, especially with upcoming 0.9 release. I have long ago taken delivery of my XMR and have zero debt together with a significant CAD postion. Taking delivery is the most effective way to squeeze shorts to the wall. One just sits back and waits.

This worked very well for me back in late 2011 / early 2012 with pirateat40 and his massive short Bitcoin position. By the way pirateat40's 7% per week interest on Bitcoin in 2011 made a lot of sense when Bitcoin was crashing at a rate closer to 8% per week compounded. The pirate could make 1% profit on the spread by simply shorting Bitcoin and holding USD, while Bitcoin crashed all the way down to 2 USD. After this part was over the fun began ...

Enjoy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0

I lost much money with him...well good thing is i have learned since Wink
cant believe now how stupid i have been.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 11:49:58 PM

monero development history visualization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjAQJqghRI

I just added the music to make it a bit more lively.  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

monero development history visualization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjAQJqghRI

I just added the music to make it a bit more lively.  Grin

I think it would be a little better if you could actually read what new "clusters" are being added, I can't seem to follow what's going on during the whole video... regardless it looks pretty cool Smiley

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:26:26 AM

I’ve been using Monero for some time now but there has been one thing that I really didn’t understand. Until today, I’ve been using MyMonero wallet to send or receive XMR, and I’ve been curious about the “Mixin” feature. What is it used for? Sorry for the noob question, I’ve never used it before. Would anyone like to guide me?  Huh

Apart from that, I'm hoping to see Monero to have a price increase in the next year. I have the sense that 2016 will be the year of Monero. Just wait and see  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
8XMR

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:50:40 AM

I’ve been using Monero for some time now but there has been one thing that I really didn’t understand. Until today, I’ve been using MyMonero wallet to send or receive XMR, and I’ve been curious about the “Mixin” feature. What is it used for? Sorry for the noob question, I’ve never used it before. Would anyone like to guide me?  Huh

Apart from that, I'm hoping to see Monero to have a price increase in the next year. I have the sense that 2016 will be the year of Monero. Just wait and see  Cheesy

Eventually Monero will eliminate the option to use mixin = 0 to prevent linkable transactions. For right now choose mixin = 2 or higher and everything good
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

8xmr.com
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:57:25 AM

I think it would be a little better if you could actually read what new "clusters" are being added, I can't seem to follow what's going on during the whole video... regardless it looks pretty cool Smiley

is your resolution high on the video stream?

Even on high resolution you can't read everything as there are sometimes so many files in a subdirectory that to cluster them together to show the entire picture of the project would be too big to fit in the screen.

It gives a general gist of what has been done in terms of who worked on what files and in what directories.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:06:38 AM

Even on high resolution you can't read everything as there are sometimes so many files in a subdirectory that to cluster them together to show the entire picture of the project would be too big to fit in the screen.

It gives a general gist of what has been done in terms of who worked on what files and in what directories.

Pretty cool video but it is hard to read the texts even on a 50 inch plasma TV I use as my monitor although it is only 720p.  You can read everything just fine?

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:10:32 AM

Mixin is the number of transactions already on the blockchain that your transaction is "mixed" with, in the sense that the transaction is signed with a ring signature that says "this transaction could have come from x number of inputs" where x is the mixin #.

Of course, someone may explain it better than me but I think that is the gist of it.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:11:24 AM

Pretty cool video but it is hard to read the texts even on my 50 inch plasma TV I use as my monitor although it is only 720p.  You can read everything just fine?

Original vid without the music, should be readable -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4xpmbu49d8

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: