Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:55:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:31:55 AM

'mine the gap'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the-skeptic

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:48:04 AM

It's price war with no product!

When you have stock on hand you can run promotions and offer bargains to move it, when you have no stock it's rather pointless.

The winner will be the one that ships in volume before the other.

The net hash isn't going to rise on vaporware, so don't worry about that yet.

I see your point. Both companies have announced price cuts, yet neither one has delivered a single product yet. Then again, getting to market first doesn't ALWAYS guarantee victory in a situation like this. KNC has already stated that they don't plan on selling any miners during the time when Cointerra is supposed to be rolling their gear out. Was that bad timing on KNC's part or something else?

If KNC has delivered me profitable machines, I want to be able to buy more, and more, and more. If they aren't there to sell product, then what else do I do? I'll find a different source. I particularly don't like the idea of having to learn to setup and babysit a whole new style of miner. I ordered my KNC machines, and I still want my KNC machines, but the announcement about a sudden price drop before they go incognito baffles me.

I don't think you can determine victory so quickly in a 'battle' like this. KNC delivering first means that the most profitable miners will START with KNC machines. Remember, though, as mining becomes less profitable, the potential pool of customers shrinks, yet the cost of developing and producing new/faster mining equipment will remain the same, several million dollars.

If BTC goes to $500 and stays there, all bets are off and it's the wild west again, but until then 2 Billion difficulty is going to be the death of a lot of miners and vendors.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:16:32 AM

Competition time!

We have a new challenge for you. We require a slogan for our controller board and we have 48 hours to make up our minds. You may remember we made a couple of minor mishaps with our Mars board. On our original Mars PCBs we printed: Bitcoins make the world go around! (Grammer is not our area of expertise, chip design is). So we have chosen to open this part of the design process to those following us on this forum. This is your chance to be immortalised in Bitcoin tech history. Please design the phrase you wish to see. There is still a space for one sentence on our boards. The 48 hours start now. Competition ends at 5.30pm (local time). We will decide the winning entrant which will then be seen on all our hardware; Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.

Thanks,

KnCMiner team.
Well, your original slogan was good, let's just clean it up a bit:

- Bitcoin makes the world go 'round!

Others:

- Bitcoin is freedom.

- If money talks then bitcoin is a song!

- The lack of bitcoin is the root of all evil.

- A penny saved is a bitcoin earned.

- Bitcoin doesn't grow on trees.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:18:04 AM

KNC - The future of Bitcoin
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:19:52 AM

- Bitcoin doesn't grow on trees.

Actually they do ... merkle trees
jmevz

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:55:50 AM

KNC = Kill No bitCOIN?

Smiley

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:13:34 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 07:39:24 AM by The Avenger

Coinhoarder, they (KNC) didn't specifically start a separate discussion for this last I checked....someone else did.

Anywho...

how about simply (and I take no credit for this one)

'In Bitcoin We Trust"
I hope not, because I said that first in the dedicated thread yesterday Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282289.msg3021371#msg3021371

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
kncminer (OP)

Activity: 79

Bringing new ASIC miners to life

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:03:47 AM

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
mxmenga

Activity: 625
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:16:41 AM

mind4mine
make4mine
build4mine

Wink

Shop by Crypto - Tech & Lifestyle - https://www.digitalkey.it
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:25:27 AM

I

The net hash isn't going to rise on vaporware, so don't worry about that yet.

That reminds me of the joke about the man falling off a tall building saying "So far so good".

As for the space related slogan:-

KnC out of this world mining
 KnC resistance is futile

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:29:05 AM

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

A tribute to Satoshi would be great.

webjoe

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:29:43 AM

I would love to hear about Gen 2 from KNC, but they are generally very tight lipped until things are in later stages. Cointerra may never materialize, and I certainly don't have the same confidence in them as I do in KNC, so I won't pre-order a unit. I would love to remain loyal to KNC, but they need to act in a manner than makes me feel confident in them beyond my initial purchases.

I really doubt that you do.  The moment KNC says anything, it's going to be FUD to hell here; and now with legitimate competitors, it will just start another vicious cycle of pre-orders, pre-announcements, and pre-claims...  I assume now that KNC has some working capital banked away, I hope they will just show up one day and say they are ready to ship Gen 2.

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:03:14 AM

All,

Thanks for all of the entries. We have to agree we should have been more specific, and maybe slogan was the wrong choice of word. The phrase will be on the controller board on each device. It is not a slogan for the company but our current product range.  We would like the phrase to remain Bitcoin related, as Mars' 'Bitcoin makes the world go around' was a tribute to the song 'Money makes the world to round' by Liza Minneli' . Obviously with our chosen device names the space themes are equally suitable. Anything combining the two will also be considered but don't let that limit your imagination. Phrases that stand out as creative and make us smile will be considered. We would like to make the 'coining' of a phrase by our customers a theme amongst all our future products. Bad pun, we know, could not resist. Wink

Please note, we are honestly not at all interested in belittling our competitors with phrases on our boards, our engineering will speak for itself.

We always aim to under-promise and over deliver. This is and always will be a reoccurring theme as well, and agreed as a company slogan that sits well with us.

Competition ends in at 5.30pm local time (CET) tomorrow. We are aware of the other thread and will consider entries from both.  Good luck everyone, 'stellar' efforts so far.

Thanks,

KnCMiner Team.

I think you guys had the right phrase all along - under promise / over deliver

Vedran Yoweri

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:04:09 AM

dedicavit ad Investor
Templer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:12:51 AM

I assume now that KNC has some working capital banked away, I hope they will just show up one day and say they are ready to ship Gen 2.

I hope that the 1-500 Costumers get a "place" there befor all others!!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:30:22 AM

It was almost like Cointerra was reading this thread. Did you notice the 2Ths machine they're preselling just dropped to $13999? They see that although difficulty is rising quickly, KNC owners are going to be relatively flush with BTC around Christmas time. If KNC over-delivers and a lot of customers get their miners in September, or if the KNC hardware 'over-deliver' and prove to hash signifigantly faster than advertised, it will be even better for Cointerra. KNC is announcing a temporary cease-fire, right when their customers will have enough BTC mined to afford more hardware and their customers will see the need to increase their hashpower the most.

If both KNC and Cointerra can deliver on their schedules, Cointerra may be putting some nails in the KNC coffin. Remember, I have a Saturn and Jupiter on order, so I really want KNC to succeed, but it seems like their winter embargo could spell their doom. Yesterday I needed $15750 to buy 2Ths from Cointerra, today that's dropped to 14 grand. That's like getting 5 Jupiters for $2800 a piece. Not a bad deal.

I would love to hear about Gen 2 from KNC, but they are generally very tight lipped until things are in later stages. Cointerra may never materialize, and I certainly don't have the same confidence in them as I do in KNC, so I won't pre-order a unit. I would love to remain loyal to KNC, but they need to act in a manner than makes me feel confident in them beyond my initial purchases.

Lets get back to reality here: Who cares what the inscription on the board reads, I wanna make enough BTC to keep buying miners from KNC.

KnC announced the ceasefire, prior to Hashfast and Cointerra emerging on the scene.  Their original statement negates any ceasefire if competitors force their hand. I doubt as a business they are willing to loose ground once their NRE costs are covered.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

From that above statement I assume they will undercut and price competitvely, which should be perfect timing, as long as they deliver on time.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:33:00 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 12:19:53 PM by keyzersoze

How about?

"To boldly go, where no asic has gone before".

"Interplanetary mining at the speed of light"

"Mining the solarsystem, one planet at a time"

"Mine long and prosper"

"May the coin be with you"

"Caution, ASIC's are faster than they appear"

"I'm giving it all she's got captain"

"There's no business like coin business"

"Thats quite a package you got there"

"Lean green bitcoin machine"

"WILL HASH FOR CASH"

"Who's down with KNC, Yea u know me"

"And on the first day we created bitcoin"

"Knc interplanetary mining. On point, on time"

"I said september, didnt I"

"Our package is bigger than yours"

"Hi I'm Roi, pleased to meet you"

"Say hello to my little friend"

"Is that a roll of bitcoins in your pocket......?"

"She doesnt look like a miner"

"Let there be coins"

"Satisfying customers since september 2013"

"Strengthening the network, one block at a time"

"Cat not included in box"  

"Speeding up the solarsystem"

And my personal favourite

"Next stop, Uranus"

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

It was almost like Cointerra was reading this thread. Did you notice the 2Ths machine they're preselling just dropped to $13999? They see that although difficulty is rising quickly, KNC owners are going to be relatively flush with BTC around Christmas time. If KNC over-delivers and a lot of customers get their miners in September, or if the KNC hardware 'over-deliver' and prove to hash signifigantly faster than advertised, it will be even better for Cointerra. KNC is announcing a temporary cease-fire, right when their customers will have enough BTC mined to afford more hardware and their customers will see the need to increase their hashpower the most.

If both KNC and Cointerra can deliver on their schedules, Cointerra may be putting some nails in the KNC coffin. Remember, I have a Saturn and Jupiter on order, so I really want KNC to succeed, but it seems like their winter embargo could spell their doom. Yesterday I needed $15750 to buy 2Ths from Cointerra, today that's dropped to 14 grand. That's like getting 5 Jupiters for $2800 a piece. Not a bad deal.

Lets get back to reality here: Who cares what the inscription on the board reads, I wanna make enough BTC to keep buying miners from KNC.

KnC announced the ceasefire, prior to Hashfast and Cointerra emerging on the scene.  Their original statement negates any ceasefire if competitors force their hand. I doubt as a business they are willing to loose ground once their NRE costs are covered.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

From that above statement I assume they will undercut and price competitvely, which should be perfect timing, as long as they deliver on time.

5am this morning in email:-

Dear mining enthusiast,
CoinTerra is proud to announce it will strengthen the network with a total 2PH/s in December.

Looks to be perfect timing for them if they want to steal some KnC sept customers looking to upgrade and KnC haven't announced anything by then regarding gen2.
"Strengthen" wouldn't have been my choice of wording lol.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Harderfaster

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:01:19 AM

One board to control them all

Stars have never been closer

Your trip to the stars, fueled by bitcoin

One small miner for a man, a giant leap for community

To boldly hash where no miner has hashed before

Piece of galaxy in your hands

Bitcoin found on other planets
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:28:00 AM

To the difficulty and beyond! :-P
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: