Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:20:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:14:27 PM

THEN WHY if all running at once leads to terrible results?  Shouldn't that miner still hash ~510 like it did before I used .95 firmware?  Nope it sent it down to ~360 and best I can do now is run it around ~410 with .94, an auto restart script and cooling

KNC, how about you just send me two more BeagleBoards so I can make this a Saturn and two Mercurys?

If KNC won't send you a beaglebone you may just want to buy one off the shelf.  The model you are looking for is "beaglebone black" it generally retails for less than $50.   On edit: that won't work I forgot about the fact that KNC isn't connecting the boards directly to the BB it is BB---> custom control PCB ---> boards.

Based on your reported observations it would appear components are not being adequately cooled.   One thing I would point out is that the output and efficiency of a VRM declines as ambient temp rises.   The regulators used by KNC are rated at 40A when they are operating at <70C.  As the temp rises the rated output declines.  It is only 30A to 35A (depending on airflow) at 85C and the model being used is rated beyond 85C but the output would continue to decline.  The ruggedized version for example only outputs 20A to 25A (depending on airflow) at 100C.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:16:10 PM

.95 comes along and is presented by KNC team on website and here with Bitcoinorama as the firmware that solves boards with 4 VRM issues...  sure kill the watts but also kill the performance.   Also, side affect on my one miner was either a permanent shutoff of one die (48 cores) or the VRM go lame.

I was having a problem very similar to this with all the firmwares until I put on .95 again after trying .94, and doing a hard reset then a power cycle.  Before the hard reset, I had one board shutting off all its cores after a couple hours, dropping me into the 300 range.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:17:19 PM

and i am; with my lowly Avalon's. 

which paid themselves off over a month ago and continue ROI.  Wink

Which blocks did you find?

do i really want to share my payout address? Grin

Well, you may have used the address you used as a coinbase output for other purposes, you may not. I'm not really interested in what you spend your Bitcoins on. I just don't actually find you a credible source of "wisdom" when you claim to have recouped your costs of mining equipment via solo mining. Maybe you were lucky with your gamble, maybe you aren't telling the truth.

Without blocks, it didn't happen.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

and i am; with my lowly Avalon's.  

which paid themselves off over a month ago and continue ROI.  Wink

Which blocks did you find?

do i really want to share my payout address? Grin

Well, you may have used the address you used as a coinbase output for other purposes, you may not. I'm not really interested in what you spend your Bitcoins on. I just don't actually find you a credible source of "wisdom" when you claim to have recouped your costs of mining equipment via solo mining. Maybe you were lucky with your gamble, maybe you aren't telling the truth.

Without blocks, it didn't happen.

solo mining is way off topic here and given what you just said it appears providing you with that address wouldn't help solve your skepticism anyways.

as far as what i've claimed about my soloing, it is absolutely the truth.  you just need to know how to do it.

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:23:20 PM

.95 comes along and is presented by KNC team on website and here with Bitcoinorama as the firmware that solves boards with 4 VRM issues...  sure kill the watts but also kill the performance.   Also, side affect on my one miner was either a permanent shutoff of one die (48 cores) or the VRM go lame.

I was having a problem very similar to this with all the firmwares until I put on .95 again after trying .94, and doing a hard reset then a power cycle.  Before the hard reset, I had one board shutting off all its cores after a couple hours, dropping me into the 300 range.

yes if I can get that core back up, even with .95 lesser performance, that would be better situation and less total watts.  I may try again now that I know I have 420Gh to fall back on

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:27:09 PM

THEN WHY if all running at once leads to terrible results?  Shouldn't that miner still hash ~510 like it did before I used .95 firmware?  Nope it sent it down to ~360 and best I can do now is run it around ~410 with .94, an auto restart script and cooling

KNC, how about you just send me two more BeagleBoards so I can make this a Saturn and two Mercurys?

If KNC won't send you a beaglebone you may just want to buy one off the shelf.  The model you are looking for is "beaglebone black" it generally retails for less than $50.   On edit: that won't work I forgot about the fact that KNC isn't connecting the boards directly to the BB it is BB---> custom control PCB ---> boards.

Based on your reported observations it would appear components are not being adequately cooled.   One thing I would point out is that the output and efficiency of a VRM declines as ambient temp rises.   The regulators used by KNC are rated at 40A when they are operating at <70C.  As the temp rises the rated output declines.  It is only 30A to 35A (depending on airflow) at 85C and the model being used is rated beyond 85C but the output would continue to decline.  The ruggedized version for example only outputs 20A to 25A (depending on airflow) at 100C.

thanks D&T

I will keep this in mind.  I have done some real cooling on the troubled miner (it now is in front of the airflow of an A/C unit and still fan on top and shrouding) which has them all running under 50C now.   Without cooling you easily see high 60's to 70

ASIC slot #1: 45.0 ℃
ASIC slot #2: -
ASIC slot #3: 49.5 ℃
ASIC slot #4: 42.5 ℃
ASIC slot #5: 48.5 ℃
ASIC slot #6: -

And yes, I would love to have just bought some more beagleboards but they will need to offer them to us.  Not sure why it would be a problem?  Better hashing and better cooling.. The big dips in my graphic shows when I was splitting them up and running them for 10-15mins each

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:30:44 PM

Made to feel kind of responsible by people here on the forum constantly asking for more info, and Sam wanting me to handle communication, due to the fact Sam, Andreas and Marcus are overloaded with work and a geoups of IC whizzkids with Aspergers should never be put in the public spotlight. Refusing to do so on my part on an employed basis until they have a proven working product.
Firstly, they have proved a working product, so either you work for them or not, based on what you keep reiterating.

Secondly, STOP BEING A FUCKING PUSSY.

EITHER:
1. Tell them you will NOT handle communication
OR
2. Handle communications.

It's that simple.

Stop all this in-between bullshit. All this "It's not my responsibility, but here is the latest speculation" and the woeful "Poor me, poor me, everyone is treating me so harsh. Poor me, poor me..." posts.

It's far too easy for you to spout bs and then KNC can say "Oh but he's not our employee, nothing he said is official KNC statement".

It's all your own fault you are feeling pressure. Do either 1 or 2 to resolve it.

If 1, another thing you need to tell KNC is they need a person on this forum to handle communications and updates.

Frankly, as KNC are paying for your hotel and expenses, I think you owe it to them to take full responsibily for communications.

That way, if you decide not to work for them, at least you have provided a service and shouldn't feel bad about they money they are throwing at you in expenses. Otherwise you wil feel indebted to them. Not good.

See? Look at all this help I'm offering.

But the simple solution is - if it's too hot for you in here, get out of the kitchen.

Go back to the UK, move back in with your parents, go back to flipping burgers or whatever it is you do. I mean, it can't be serious, if you can take 2 weeks off on a whim can it?

Shit or get off the pot. Take the heat or retire. And stop whinging about how hard it is on you. That how jobs are.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:32:31 PM

solo mining is way off topic here

And THAT somehow matters to you all of a sudden?

LMAO let he who is without off-topic FUD throw the first stone.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:34:30 PM

Made to feel kind of responsible by people here on the forum constantly asking for more info, and Sam wanting me to handle communication, due to the fact Sam, Andreas and Marcus are overloaded with work and a geoups of IC whizzkids with Aspergers should never be put in the public spotlight. Refusing to do so on my part on an employed basis until they have a proven working product.
Firstly, they have proved a working product, so either you work for them or not, based on what you keep reiterating.

Secondly, STOP BEING A FUCKING PUSSY.

EITHER:
1. Tell them you will NOT handle communication
OR
2. Handle communications.

It's that simple.

Stop all this in-between bullshit. All this "It's not my responsibility, but here is the latest speculation" and the woeful "Poor me, poor me, everyone is treating me so harsh. Poor me, poor me..." posts.

It's far too easy for you to spout bs and then KNC can say "Oh but he's not our employee, nothing he said is official KNC statement".

It's all your own fault you are feeling pressure. Do either 1 or 2 to resolve it.

If 1, another thing you need to tell KNC is they need a person on this forum to handle communications and updates.

Frankly, as KNC are paying for your hotel and expenses, I think you owe it to them to take full responsibily for communications.

That way, if you decide not to work for them, at least you have provided a service and shouldn't feel bad about they money they are throwing at you in expenses.

See? Look at all this help I'm offering.

But the simple solution is - if it's too hot for you in here, get out of the kitchen.

Go back to the UK, move back in with your parents, go back to flipping burgers or whatever it is you do. I mean, it can't be serious, if you can take 2 weeks off on a whim can it?

Shit or get off the pot. Take the heat or retire.

You go so far out of your way to show the community how infantile you are. Why?

nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:35:22 PM

How do you feel about them now refusing refunds, given how much emphasis you placed on the ability to order by CC, and the extra security that gave customers?

The cessation of refunding happened the very weekend as the ASICs were delivered as the delivery file was sent to the UPS server and the manufacturing facility. How would you feel about processing a refund to someone that also receives the product due to the fact you are no longer control the delivery? Prior to that date as many have testified a refund was never denied. It just now becomes a logistical nightmare as the manufacturing facility and UPS process and handle both the assembly and delivery. There has to be the exact number of Mercurys/Saturns and Jupiters manufactured and sent out in the precise order of which they were fully paid for.

I believe the policy was refunds up to the point of your order shipping. I was denied a refund two weeks ago, and my order has yet to ship.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:35:29 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 04:48:55 PM by soy

May I ask how the custom control PCB is mounted to the BBB?  Or are you saying that the BBB is actually a custom board, e.g. USB and 5 volt connector removed.  If the latter, what other differences are there?

Also, the BBB draws relatively low current on its 5volts.  KnC isn't providing a 12v to 5v buck converter onboard so was expecting to draw it from the BBB if initial photos are correct, those showing the BBB USB and 5v power connector.  But the 5v power connect would be an orphan looking to a typical computer switching supply at least without an adapter.  So, rather than a plugin adapter, 4 pin molex to the 5 volt barrel, they brought out a 4 pin molex and got rid of the 5 volt barrel connector saving a bit on that part.  Likely did away with the USB for more reasons than just saving a few cents on parts, like users hanging USB block erupters off the USB and generally screwing things up.  So, do you know if anything on the main board uses 5 volts or is the only thing using the 5 volts the BBB?

Darn, I wonder if my posts get a global ignore.
DPoS

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

Bitcoinorama, let us know if we can buy more pre-loaded beagleboards so we can split up our Jupiters.

Don't worry, it is just cosmetics, I don't want to argue about performance issues with you ever again

The Avenger

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:41:17 PM

I thought you had me on ignore?

And let me remind you of the statement I made that inspired you to put me on ignore:

Yawn, I ain't bothered what you say MrDampCock.
It still stands.

"I am not The Avenger"
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:44:00 PM

I don't threaten to use ignore, I just use it. I find children fascinating, so I enjoy watching you disassemble your own arguments. My comment was regarding how fast your tag will become yellow, and I stand by it. Anyone want to set up a 12 month BTC bet?

Altering a name in order to make fun of it? That is some seriously high-level kindergarten skills, I for one congratulate you. One day, your balls will drop and hopefully you'll grow out of your little-man syndrome. Or not.

"I'm not bothered by what you say. Well, only enough to respond and feign indifference."
Right on.

tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:44:28 PM

How do you feel about them now refusing refunds, given how much emphasis you placed on the ability to order by CC, and the extra security that gave customers?

The cessation of refunding happened the very weekend as the ASICs were delivered as the delivery file was sent to the UPS server and the manufacturing facility. How would you feel about processing a refund to someone that also receives the product due to the fact you are no longer control the delivery? Prior to that date as many have testified a refund was never denied. It just now becomes a logistical nightmare as the manufacturing facility and UPS process and handle both the assembly and delivery. There has to be the exact number of Mercurys/Saturns and Jupiters manufactured and sent out in the precise order of which they were fully paid for.

KnC CHOSE to send all UPS info at once.(>15 days before shipping for some)
KnC CHOSE to state they can make an ASIC but can not edit a production que.
KnC CHOSE to avoid a logistical nightmare even if it made nightmare for paying customers.
KnC CHOSE to create a ToS that can contradict public statements made by Sam and repeated by 'others'.
KnC CHOSE to not refund until the unit shipped.
KnC CHOSE to bank as much profit as possible even if it affects some customers in a negative way.

Your implication seems to be that KnC has no choice.
They _DO_ have a choice.
They chose self and not customer in some situations.

The result of their choices MIGHT be argued but not by stating they had no choice.

IMneverHO
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a quick tech question.
Do the PSU's that don't play nice violate the ATX spec for overcurrent or overvoltage?

Thx in advance!

EDIT spelling, 2 different spelling of same word in same sentence even Sad

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:45:12 PM

@Bitcoinorama: the sad part about you getting nearly no btc in donation is that my first btc per Jupiter mined would have gone to you. Regrettably, I still don't have my day 2 oder.
@The guy who only mined 12 btc until now and thinks 1,5 btc per day compensatio is too much: screw yourself! If I had my unit in hand and had made 12 btc out of it I would certainly not be here complaining about compensation. Sad fact is I did not even have a chance at tweaking my unit and getting maybe more out of it.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:45:33 PM

dampcock....isnt that a good thing? better than drycock?
The Avenger

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:46:32 PM

When you reply to something, it helps to include the previous message, so it's in context. Let me just fix that for you MrDampCock.

I thought you had me on ignore?

And let me remind you of the statement I made that inspired you to put me on ignore:

Yawn, I ain't bothered what you say MrDampCock.
It still stands.

I don't threaten to use ignore, I just use it. I find children fascinating, so I enjoy watching you disassemble your own arguments. My comment was regarding how fast your tag will become yellow, and I stand by it. Anyone want to set up a 12 month BTC bet?

Altering a name in order to make fun of it? That is some seriously high-level kindergarten skills, I for one congratulate you. One day, your balls will drop and hopefully you'll grow out of your little-man syndrome. Or not.

"I'm not bothered by what you say. Well, only enough to respond and feign indifference."
Right on.

Nope. Only to keep calling you MrDampCock MrDampCock.

"I am not The Avenger"
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

KnC CHOSE ad nauseum

And every one of their customers CHOSE to buy into an unproven company in an unproven market. Do you cry to Best Buy when you bleed from buying a Cutting Edge 4k TV and there's no content widely available? Probably so, nm.

MrHempstock

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:50:46 PM

Lol no one else here cares for or about our discourse, kid.

If you can't remember what was said 15 minutes ago no amount of patching up proper quotes is going to help you.

And btw, you accomplished nothing with your previous post. I very much doubt, however, that that worries you much based on your contributions thus far.

Pages: « 1 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: