Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:11:35 PM

No one has confirmed a tracking number past a day 2 order yet. 

I have, my previous post. I am not day one nor day two, but paid on the 4th, and I got my tracking number now though its stage is only that the label has been printed the item is ready for UPS to go pick it up.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:16:28 PM

No one has confirmed a tracking number past a day 2 order yet. 

I have, my previous post. I am not day one nor day two, but paid on the 4th, and I got my tracking number now though its stage is only that the label has been printed the item is ready for UPS to go pick it up.

-MarkM-

Awesome!  Looks like we are finally past the pre-order queue and working on June 4th pay date.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:26:26 PM

With the skyrocketing hashrate, the need to have a huge miner farm to mine effectively, and the excessive cost of  miners, one might compare such an investment to buying a Segway to collect deposit soda cans off the roadside and expect to pay off the debt faster than interest on the loan needed to buy the Segway.

Borrowing money to buy a miner would be the height of foolishness.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:26:31 PM

For the record:

Order #17XX - Paid on 6/9/13 - Status: In Progress (over a week)

With generic reply when asking about this (last week, reply recieved today)

We are working through the order queue as quickly as possible based on the payment dates of the orders. As soon as your order is fully produced and shipped a tracking number will be sent to the email address which was used to register for your account.

Regards,
Liam

They held off shipping to fix the "Caps blowing" issue. Your unit was likely getting assembled when they made this call.

Haven't heard many more stories about the caps blowing other than Anti-KnC people claiming the boxes blow up and cause nuclear fallout (lol) so shouldn't be much longer.

Yes, and it's the power supply's fault - or is it?  Designed to have a motherboard connected to the motherboard connector; a simple 2 pin jumper is commonly used instead; startup current is ramped up until voltage is attained; capacitors charged from a voltage take 5 time constants and 70.7% of the voltage is reached the first time constant so it way not linear but charge a capacitor with a constant current source and you get a perfectly straight charge plot right up to full voltage so a constant current source is used to charge a capacitor creating a linear ramp that they track increasing the output voltage until it's at the required voltage.  That capacitor charged from a constant current source does not have to reach 12 volts or even 3.3 volts, it can be a ramp from 0 to 1 volt and can be tracked to control the ramping up of current on the 12 volt line.  If the ramp is a capacitor charged from a constant current source on the 3.3 volt line, which has no load output load on the 3.3v line because a jumper is used on the motherboard connector and only the 5 volt and the 12 volt power supplly lines are used, then when you shut down the power supply and disconnect the connectors from the miner, the 3.3volts might remain on the 3.3 volt line of the motherboard connector and it the discharge of the capacitor with the ramped voltage depends on the 3.3v rail going to ground to reset the power supply wake-up 12 volt ramp current, then it's possible to plug that supply back in, flip on the on/off switch and hit the miner with un-ramped current, full current at wakeup, on the 12 volt line and in that instant the voltage goes way beyond 12 vdc.
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:28:36 PM

With the skyrocketing hashrate, the need to have a huge miner farm to mine effectively, and the excessive cost of  miners, one might compare such an investment to buying a Segway to collect deposit soda cans off the roadside and expect to pay off the debt faster than interest on the loan needed to buy the Segway.

Depends on your expected return and the "strength" of your prediction.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:44:25 PM

For the record:

We are working through the order queue as quickly as possible based on the payment dates of the orders. As soon as your order is fully produced and shipped a tracking number will be sent to the email address which was used to register for your account.

Regards,
Liam

They held off shipping to fix the "Caps blowing" issue. Your unit was likely getting assembled when they made this call.

Haven't heard many more stories about the caps blowing other than Anti-KnC people claiming the boxes blow up and cause nuclear fallout (lol) so shouldn't be much longer.

Yes, and it's the power supply's fault - or is it?  Designed to have a motherboard connected to the motherboard connector; a simple 2 pin jumper is commonly used instead; startup current is ramped up until voltage is attained; capacitors charged from a voltage take 5 time constants and 70.7% of the voltage is reached the first time constant so it way not linear but charge a capacitor with a constant current source and you get a perfectly straight charge plot right up to full voltage so a constant current source is used to charge a capacitor creating a linear ramp that they track increasing the output voltage until it's at the required voltage.  That capacitor charged from a constant current source does not have to reach 12 volts or even 3.3 volts, it can be a ramp from 0 to 1 volt and can be tracked to control the ramping up of current on the 12 volt line.  If the ramp is a capacitor charged from a constant current source on the 3.3 volt line, which has no load output load on the 3.3v line because a jumper is used on the motherboard connector and only the 5 volt and the 12 volt power supplly lines are used, then when you shut down the power supply and disconnect the connectors from the miner, the 3.3volts might remain on the 3.3 volt line of the motherboard connector and it the discharge of the capacitor with the ramped voltage depends on the 3.3v rail going to ground to reset the power supply wake-up 12 volt ramp current, then it's possible to plug that supply back in, flip on the on/off switch and hit the miner with un-ramped current, full current at wakeup, on the 12 volt line and in that instant the voltage goes way beyond 12 vdc.

They can take a power supply, a 2 pins jumper, and a test miner, add 3.3v to the 3.3v line on the motherboard connector with a couple of AA batteries, run the miner, shut it down, disconnect the turned off miner leaving the 3.3 battery volts between the 3.3v and ground on the mb connector, reconnect the power supply to the miner, flip on the power supply and look to see if a miner capacitor goes BANG.

Hell, if I were in the lab I say build a test rig with a peak detector on the 12vdc line and the battery 3.3v on the mb connector the test one of every major brand of power supply to see what the restart peak is on the 12vdc line.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:46:56 PM

Anyone amongst saturns owners  would mind to check beagleboard system load using uptime command from a ssh session?

I have a theory that implies that the lower perf someone get on jupiters configuration is also due to some "bugs" present in cgminer driver developed by knc that makes the system waste resources in I/O waiting.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:47:24 PM

update for those that care..  I was able to get my dormant VRM running again and the ASIC chip now uses that die's 48 cores.  I believe is was a bit of lucky steps since I had that board on the near side of the a/c vent for a change and it was being chilled pretty cold while off for 30 minutes while I was testing 'mercury' & 'saturn' configurations with the other three.  Then on next start up of that board back in jupiter mode it came alive.  coincidence?  doubt it

also, for the few wondering how I auto-restart cgminer without crontab installed I made a thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310634.msg3337175#msg3337175

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:50:00 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 05:09:28 PM by soy

For the record:

Regards,
Liam

They can take a power supply, a 2 pins jumper, and a test miner, add 3.3v to the 3.3v line on the motherboard connector with a couple of AA batteries, run the miner, shut it down, disconnect the turned off miner leaving the 3.3 battery volts between the 3.3v and ground on the mb connector, reconnect the power supply to the miner, flip on the power supply and look to see if a miner capacitor goes BANG.

Hell, if I were in the lab I say build a test rig with a peak detector on the 12vdc line and the battery 3.3v on the mb connector the test one of every major brand of power supply to see what the restart peak is on the 12vdc line.
+1 edited (perfectamene is my hallmark)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:21:55 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 05:49:30 PM by Paladin69

borrowing money to buy btc directly I think makes a lot more sense at this point.

People with November orders should seriously consider getting out unless KnC plans to do something for them.  Three more difficulty changes away before November people get their orders and the diff is looking like it will hit 450 million.

EDIT:  And according to what Sam just said to the guy being quoted below me...looks like that answer is "nothing will be done" for customers.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:24:25 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 05:37:51 PM by The Avenger

Well, so much for customer service. I just got an answer from Sam regarding compensation and he basically told me to screw myself.

basically...?

post the reply
Here you go:

First I’m sorry you feel the need to send such messages.

Secondly I will add that you will not receive any compensation for what you consider late delivery. Under the terms of sale you  agreed to. It’s clearly stated that delivery dates are for information only and are non-binding. We are still going to deliver your miners as fast as we can but we are not going to give compensation for any loses you think you have incurred.  
I may also draw your attention to the fact that you have agreed to a business to business purchase not a business to consumer purchase.

And I hope you drew to Sam's attention the interview he did for Bitcoin Insider - MONTHS after the KNC T&C's were written:
https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e45-perspective-counts-lets

Where he said, and I quote:

"We're selling to the general public"
"We are selling fully functional devices, that anyone can come and buy"

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar to his face, but if the cap fits and he wants to play dirty...

I'm beginning to believe that Sam and his henchmen will says anything to make sales and believe they can get away with it. We'll see

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:31:07 PM

Well, so much for customer service. I just got an answer from Sam regarding compensation and he basically told me to screw myself.

basically...?

post the reply
Here you go:

Secondly I will add that you will not receive any compensation for what you consider late delivery. Under the terms of sale you  agreed to. It’s clearly stated that delivery dates are for information only and are non-binding. We are still going to deliver your miners as fast as we can but we are not going to give compensation for any loses you think you have incurred. 
I may also draw your attention to the fact that you have agreed to a business to business purchase not a business to consumer purchase.

That is the gist of it.

I'd be more interested in the email you sent to him for him to come to this reply hah
Crypto_Cumbrian

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

A bit of a Stupid Question.

Can anyone remember if the T&C's were displayed when completing an order. I have added to my cart (as a test) and got to proceed with payment and no terms and conditions are displayed.

Was there a (tick I agree box) after payment or when you click on payment type then continue.

Also did anyone get a copy of the T&C's attached with their completed order email.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

basically...?

post the reply
Here you go:

Secondly I will add that you will not receive any compensation for what you consider late delivery. Under the terms of sale you  agreed to. It’s clearly stated that delivery dates are for information only and are non-binding. We are still going to deliver your miners as fast as we can but we are not going to give compensation for any loses you think you have incurred.  

And I hope you drew to Sam's attention the interview he did for Bitcoin Insider - MONTHS after the KNC T&C's were written:
https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e45-perspective-counts-lets

Where he said, and I quote:

"We're selling to the general public"
"We are selling fully functional devices, that anyone can come and buy"

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar to his face, but if the cap fits and he wants to play dirty...

I'm beginning to believe that Sam and his henchmen will says anything to make sales and believe they can get away with it. We'll see

To be fair they are the only company that is allowing refunds right now.  And you can chargeback your credit card for October if you wish.

I think people should be getting btc directly...the price is about ready to explode again.  You can get more coins at these lower prices than mining for them.
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

The price had better explode.  Those of us with Jupiters need to climb out of a $7000 hole.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:03:17 PM

The price had better explode.  Those of us with Jupiters need to climb out of a $7000 hole.

Ah dont panic. If it doesnt work out with KnC, just try with hashfast. Get some "miner protection" while you're at it, and order some cointerra's just to be sure. You know the saying; if you're in a hole, dig deeper

ex-miners and bitcoin holders like myself thank you for your sacrifice in making our network more secure!
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Already at 800th page, expect firmware 0.96 to do black magic and take hash rate to 800+ haha
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:11:39 PM

Already at 800th page, expect firmware 0.96 to do black magic and take hash rate to 800+ haha

Will donate 1BTC to charity if that happens!

btc_uzr

Activity: 476

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:13:39 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 11:21:30 AM by btc_uzr

In case you wonder how to change the time on your miners, there's a magic env-var called 'TZ'

connect onto your miner through ssh
Code:
echo $TZ
date
then set it for example to GMT
Code:
TZ=GMT
echo $TZ
date

further details:
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2002-August/004010.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
soy
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:15:00 PM

Ah dont panic. If it doesnt work out with KnC, just try with hashfast. Get some "miner protection" while you're at it, and order some cointerra's just to be sure. You know the saying; if you're in a hole, dig deeper

ex-miners and bitcoin holders like myself thank you for your sacrifice in making our network more secure!

There's a brown to the lower dirt there.  From NY, the dirt on LI, except at the shore or out east, was a deep rich dark soil loaded with earthworms.  Early in this planet's history there was a collision with another, smaller, planet and the moon was formed.  I'm convinced the dirt down here in the south is from that alien planet.  It's red as Mars, lies dense as red brick, and has a thin layer of top soil completely unlike anything on LI.  This has to be alien what I'm living on.  What's up north is the real earth.
Pages: « 1 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 [793] 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: