April 26, 2024, 09:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27113 27114 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 27129 27130 27131 27132 27133 27134 27135 27136 27137 27138 27139 27140 27141 27142 27143 27144 27145 27146 27147 27148 27149 27150 27151 27152 27153 27154 27155 27156 27157 27158 27159 27160 27161 27162 [27163] 27164 27165 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 27213 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368090 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 05:45:40 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2020, 05:58:30 PM by VB1001

Damn in life there is always someone who has more Cheesy https://i.imgur.com/rMhiSPb.jpg

I will settle for my dinner, today I open the fall season with a raclette, a good red wine.

Right now I toast and share a beer with everyone, take care.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 05:52:56 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2020, 06:09:27 PM by Paashaas

So it again begs the question..why? If they have the technology to completely mask their presence and travel the stars unobserved..why the hell are they here watching us?

You can write a whole book about it but i'll kick the door straight away.

They are watching us because they are in a way our creators atleast according to Sumerian texts. The Sumerian texts was written in a language that was developed in ancient Mesopotamia and is the oldest known written language originated around 8000 BC.

They called them the ''the engineers'' ore sky gods other civilisations called them star/cloud people, giants and angels. (They are the ones who build all those megalithic structures) Those engineers seeded life on thousands of planets and have looked to learn about how life evolves in different ways including Earth in the hope that we too might one day reach their vast intellect to understand the universe to unlock the secrets of space travel and the after life and who we really are. They say that we are made from flesh and blood but our soul is made from pure energy.

They will return one day when we're are ready.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 05:53:50 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2020, 01:14:15 AM by nullius

I named myself after Homer  Embarrassed

Edit:
I misunderstood your emoji, until I just checked the associated alt text.  D’oh!  I apologize for having come off as insulting to you about that issue.  I will edit my prior post to note this.

Homer Simpson is a cultural pet peeve of mine, for so very many reasons; but I would not have made that personal to you, if I hadn’t thought that you were ridiculing me for not being sufficiently “hip” and modern!

Interpretation of emojis, icons, and other pictograms:  Another modern problem. :-(
End of edit.

Naturally, as a gentleman, I paid you the compliment of presuming that you named yourself after the immortal genius whose epic poems are hailed by scholars as the founding documents of Western culture—the non-ephemeral Homer who will be remembered in the future, as he has been remembered for thousands of years—instead of a popular fictional fad character made to brainwash the masses into believing that men must be fat, stupid, out of control of their own lives, and not only lacking in household authority but also, abjectly undeserving of it.  D’oh!  I can almost hear Marge sighing at my mistake, before she does something to fix the situation with her homely practical wisdom.

Quote from: Nietzsche (pretty much obligatory at this juncture)
...according to the servile mode of thought, the good man must in any case be the SAFE man: he is good-natured, easily deceived, perhaps a little stupid, un bonhomme.  Everywhere that slave-morality gains the ascendancy, language shows a tendency to approximate the significations of the words “good” and “stupid.”

I was more concerned with 'modernity' than 'whore' but I appreciate the insight nonetheless.  Cryptotourist understood what I wrote and had already defended your hypocrisy as trolling; I was happier with that explanation.

My contempt for modernity is not trolling!  To the contrary.

You misunderstood so completely that I am not sure how it is even possible (and if thus you are trolling me—touché, IHBT).  I was “trolling” sirazimuth over the CT/123 thing.  Edit:  And reviewing the context:  I wasn’t even criticizing modernity in the post that you very selectively (mis)quoted.  To the contrary, I was saying that old allegories can be adapted to the scenarios of new times.  Hypocrisy?  WTF?  Edit again:  Oh, so was your link specifically to an Urban Dictionary definition of “whore” intended to suggest that I be a hypocrite for finding timeless old stories relevant to new problems, but not chasing idiotic, oftentimes politically motivated fads in language?  If so, that is such an absurd confusion of concepts that I could not guess what you did not say.

Do you seriously suggest that, because I do generally despise the culture and worldview of modern times (i.e., about the past two centuries), I am a hypocrite if I don’t go full Amish?  That would present me with a false dilemma based on comically simpleminded, absolutely binary thinking.

Just because something is new, that doesn’t make it good—but that doesn’t necessarily make it bad, either.  Both fallacies are idiot-traps.  Moreover, only a fool refuses to use the tools available to him in his own life—if those tools can help him to achieve goals that are more important to him than the tools’ cost.

And by the way, speaking of newness—my contempt for modernity is not new.  E.g.:

Society cannot continue even another hundred years the way we are now.

I thought it clear, my implication was past-tense.  You are most of a hundred years out of date for the collapse of anything which could be properly called a functioning “society”.  Some might say, more than a hundred years.  The problem is that those living in a post-apocalyptic desert of downfallen, zombie-like anthropoids have already forgotten what it means to be human—what it meant, once upon a time.

By comparison, Roman society was a zombified rotting corpse for four or five centuries before the civil machine built by long-gone forebears ran out of momentum.  I can see how greater technology could have accelerated the ultimate downfall in various ways.

What’s left is to secure yourself, take care of your own, live by honour alone whereas law is meaningless, keep busy with something productive, and try to have some fun.

[...]
I believe nullius has a more optimistic view of the future than I do.  Smiley

“Optimism is cowardice.” — Spengler (writing most of a hundred years ago)

* Marge sighs.

In a modern world so absurd that I have almost wholly given up on satire, serious thought is mistaken for nonsense.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:17:22 PM

I honestly say.... Listen happily to my dailey BS and view me walking naked, couldn't be less bothered.... Pffff they will shut down themselves if they saw my episode when I got my ass dumped  Roll Eyes

I hear ya!
The problem is elsewhere.

Today, you don't give a fuck. But what if in 20 years (for example's sake), you are someone incredibly rich and incredibly important.
They will use all that collected info - most likely against you. [highest bidder wins]

Maybe you don't know..... But you're writing with the most important man/occupant of this laptop i'm sitting behind, what are they gonna use against me.... I'm not afraid someone throwing my dick on the net  Roll Eyes Still if i'm a normal guy, not doing the most worst things, cheating when with someone or stealing or .... Then they can use what they like, its not that i'm gonna be the next president of the US even not the King of this little Belgium  Cheesy
I might or will be important for some, but still I have never been bothered with to much sh*t .......  

I have to agree with Cryptotourist again... what a strange world to be agreeing with cryptotourist...

There are all kinds of possible levels of spies (governmental, hackers, attackers, private commercial, etc).. and surely most of the information has little or no value, but still problematic for peeps or entities to be getting this information without your explicit permission.. including that you might have more issues down the road because you had not anticipated how the information might end up getting used down the road by some entity that you had not anticipated (and you don't even know)..   asymmetrical in that regard.  They have information about you, but you don't have shit about them or know what they have about you, exactly, because you hardly even remember what you ate for breakfast.   #justsaying

Just thought back.... mindrust holding on to that anonymous price prediction (and what such wrong info could do with a man), true BTC's don't follow predictions....
We just see NOW and what its all about.

That was following masterluc.. or whatever, just as well to have been anonymous.

mindrust knew so much based on his fear... did the wrong thing, and failed/refused to take mitigating steps based on his purported superior knowledge and fear that looks totally crazy in retrospect.  I tried to answer a similar question regarding how to act/react to these kinds of extreme unknowns in one of my posts from earlier today (actually less than an hour ago).  And, surely the answer is that none of us really know for sure, but we still should be attempting to act somewhat prudently and without rashness - especially based on BIG BTC price movements - that are somewhat within expectations, even if such BTC price moves ended up overshooting what we had expected.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:20:18 PM

i am trying to find out how money transfers through banks technically work (ACH, SEPA). I cannot find anything useful, there are just general descriptions but not detailed technical descriptions. what I want to find out is to what level present day money transfers between private consumers or between business and customer are automated/digitized. how do clearing houses work under the hood? how do they receive, control and process transactions? how are their databases connected or are their kept separate? 

i am willing to rain merits for useful info. or even sats. is there a banker here or someone with prime knowledge about this topic?

thank you!

https://engineering.gusto.com/how-ach-works-a-developer-perspective-part-1/
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:20:34 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

today the dollar got stronger but bitcoin also was rising.  usually, when the dollar is strong bitcoin is falling and when the dollar is weak, bitcoin price rises. check the charts and look what happened in 2017 and also in the first half of 2020.

decouple from eth
decouple from dollar
decouple from gold
decouple from stocks

this will be fun.

600watt
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:23:35 PM

i am trying to find out how money transfers through banks technically work (ACH, SEPA). I cannot find anything useful, there are just general descriptions but not detailed technical descriptions. what I want to find out is to what level present day money transfers between private consumers or between business and customer are automated/digitized. how do clearing houses work under the hood? how do they receive, control and process transactions? how are their databases connected or are their kept separate? 

i am willing to rain merits for useful info. or even sats. is there a banker here or someone with prime knowledge about this topic?

thank you!

https://engineering.gusto.com/how-ach-works-a-developer-perspective-part-1/

uups, already out of merit. I owe you 5 merits !
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4136

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:33:21 PM
Merited by kurious (1)

Seeing that WO is a little on the "rough & edgy" side lately, allow me to add a soothing note to the mix:

Leonard Cohen - Villanelle For Our Time

Let the gentle music soothe your soul, and the lyrics touch your heart.

— Goodbye, Leonard, and thanks for bringing us so much light, wisdom, and healing.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:37:45 PM

i am taking a bet on CT. if price reaches $400k before next halving I lose 1 btc. if it doesn't, I win 1 btc.

already salivating...

Sorry, what's CT?
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:42:10 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

i am taking a bet on CT. if price reaches $400k before next halving I lose 1 btc. if it doesn't, I win 1 btc.

already salivating...

Sorry, what's CT?

CryptoTwitter. absolutely bonkers. peak tribalism and a lot of fun.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:46:02 PM

600 there were a couple more answers further back too  Cool
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 06:52:15 PM

I have been thinking about this:

Besides, at this stage in the game I'd just rather not know the political beliefs of people I otherwise hold in high regard for their contributions elsewhere.

That falls under the category of “your problem, not theirs”.

I regularly use things made by people whom I personally despise.  If I didn’t, then I would need to boycott >99% of all things in the modern world.  Including almost every product of the tech industry.  Including the Internet.  Should I render myself powerless and irrelevant, while people whom I despise make things that give them power, influence, prestige, and wealth?  I think not.

On the flipside, if I ever create something of significant value (which, thanks to the benefits of anonymity and pseudonymity, you may or may not ever know), then I would personally appreciate if you would please refrain from contaminating my pure and sacred creation with your grubby little hands.  You, and a few billion others.  At least, that is how I feel:  I wish for anything that I ever create to only be touched (or even seen) by people whom I approve politically, morally, and culturally.  But if I have a purpose for giving others something of value to them, then I am not inclined to defeat myself by throwing a hissy fit, grabbing my toys, and running away.

What about whatever productive work you may do?  Do you lie awake at night wondering if somebody you dislike may enjoy something that you have done?  To any creative personality, is that not infinitely more important than the personalities who made things that you consume?

I think that this point needs a salutary object demonstration.

I hate simply cannot resist the opportunity to ruin this for you:  Dr Wernher von Braun, the chief architect of the rocket that put man on the moon, was a NSDAP member and SS officer who attained the rank of SS-Sturmbannführer.  I have no doubt that deep in his heart, he wished to put a swastika flag on the moon instead of the American flag.  And he was not the only like mind on the moon mission team; to the contrary!

I have a longtime pet theory that the “moon landing hoax” nonsense is motivated by this well-known fact on a very deep level.  It is a way of declaring Dr von Braun “cancelled”.

To help you cope with “the political beliefs of people [you] otherwise hold in high regard”, why don’t you open a P&S thread Revealing The Truth:  The so-called “moon landing” was a hoax concocted by an underground Nazi conspiracy to glorify the Third Reich!

Now, here and there on the Internet, you may have seen what appears to be PROOF that the moon landing hoax was done by Jews.  But of course, as a cover story in case the hoax was discovered, the Nazis had to create a meta conspiracy theory blaming the hoax on Jews.  Just because logically, Jews are exactly the people who would want for an SS officer and his fellows to be forever remembered in history as the builders of the first moon rocket.  That’s a typical Jewish thing!  It all makes sense!  Connect the dots, people!

Perhaps I myself should make such a thread.  The aforestated theory is more sensible than most of the stuff in P&S.

Lest delicate liberal brains actually, literally, physically explode, I will not mention the various opinions of numerous poets, artists, scholars, scientists, and philosophers throughout history—e.g., what Voltaire said about blacks and Jews.  If, nutildah, you really want to apply some sort of a political correctness litmus test for “the political beliefs of people [you] otherwise hold in high regard for their contributions”, then more or less your only option is to go hide in a cave.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 06:52:50 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

Lot of sadness and concern about, about Ron Paul having a stroke. One of the good guys huh?
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:00:30 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), Last of the V8s (1)

Lot of sadness and concern about, about Ron Paul having a stroke. One of the good guys huh?

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1309567134222233601
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:00:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZFvWJQ8WSE
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:01:04 PM

today the dollar got stronger but bitcoin also was rising.  usually, when the dollar is strong bitcoin is falling and when the dollar is weak, bitcoin price rises. check the charts and look what happened in 2017 and also in the first half of 2020.

decouple from eth
decouple from dollar
decouple from gold
decouple from stocks

this will be fun.

BTC already has decoupled from those above and a variety of other asset classes too, such as property, collectibles, etc.

Don't get distracted by short-term BTC price movements that appear to be coupled when they are not when you zoom out a wee bit.

Just look at BTC price movements from 2012 to present... they are not exactly lined up with eth, dollar, gold stocks, or other assets even though there are short periods of appearances of such lining up. 

Of course, ETH has a shorter history and it has been riding on the coattails (and security and cover) of bitcoin, so who knows exactly how that lil smoke & mirrors constantly moving the goal posts about how to scam the next peeps through confusion  - multitude of scams platform - is going to play out.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:02:58 PM

Yeah damn, the video is hard to watch, poor guy, one of the last standing "famous" libertarians...
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:05:45 PM

1h

4h

#stronghands
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:12:52 PM

600 there were a couple more answers further back too  Cool

I think I saw two additional answers and I did merit them. did I miss any?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 07:22:05 PM

aok no you got em. WO delivers Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 27113 27114 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 27129 27130 27131 27132 27133 27134 27135 27136 27137 27138 27139 27140 27141 27142 27143 27144 27145 27146 27147 27148 27149 27150 27151 27152 27153 27154 27155 27156 27157 27158 27159 27160 27161 27162 [27163] 27164 27165 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 27213 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: