May 04, 2024, 10:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 27129 27130 27131 27132 27133 27134 27135 27136 27137 27138 27139 27140 27141 27142 27143 27144 27145 27146 27147 27148 27149 27150 27151 27152 27153 27154 27155 27156 27157 27158 27159 27160 27161 27162 27163 27164 [27165] 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 27213 27214 27215 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 03:28:51 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2020, 04:22:36 AM

Perhaps the below image captures the seemingly ambiguous position that you currently find ur lil selfie?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Damn, Jay.  And I thought that I was harsh.

Protip:  If you actually need choreographic directions (rather than her statement just being a stock phrase to egg you on), then ur lil selfie is already in a humiliating position.  You are supposed to be leading the dance (and you had better know how to do that—which most men don’t, nowadays; I mean generally, not only in the bedroom).  Unless she takes relationship advice from the type of website or magazine that runs articles reading, “Top Ten Sexiest Things Ever:  1. When he asks me what I want!”  In that case, you have much deeper problems; if you’re already all in with her, you’re fucked.

Quote from: Nietzsche
Whom hateth woman most? — Thus spake the iron to the loadstone: “I hate thee most, because thou attractest, but art too weak to draw unto thee.”
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 04:41:33 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2020, 05:28:45 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by El duderino_ (2), Toxic2040 (1), friends1980 (1)

I am still buying, it's just I don't like the action since the summer of 2019.
Something changed and I can feel it, however it is difficult to convey intuition.

You come off as so random, sometimes, Biodom.

I am NOT trying to poo poo your intuition because surely each of us has rights to our feelings, even if we feel as if we cannot express them well or we feel that we cannot identify exactly why we feel the way that we do.

Surely, whatever various whale forces that are out there, whether they are genuine or not (meaning that some of them might use FUD spreading and all kinds of tactics in order to take advantage of BTC price momentum to push BTC prices further and longer than anyone had expected), any kind of rational and knowledgable person in regards to the BTC space should have gotten some kind of feeling of relief by the time we had gotten to the summer of 2019..... holy fuck, Biodom, in summer 2019, you really were feeling the opposite, as if "something smells fishy?"

I don't get it.  In the end of 2018 and in early 2019, we were faced with shit-fuck November/December capitulation from $6k to nearly $3k.. so we were kind of fucked and in a bit of a pickle...  and thereafter floating in the $3ks that lasted for more than 3 months.    Not good.. Not good.  I was there.

Holy fucking shit, Biodom, we got 3.5x BTC price appreciation from $4,200 to $13,880 within 3 months (from April 1 to the end of June 2019), and even if such BTC price appreciation was not sustainable, it materially delivered a way the fuck better situation than we were facing throughout 2015.. and bitcoin pumped and shitcoins just sat there like bumps on the log (and many even lost value during that time - especially relative to BTC prices).  

In comparison, in 2015, we got nearly nothing all year.. hardly any ray of hopium through much of the year.  We had one price run in July that brought us from $250 to $317, and then we reverted into the mid $200s for the rest of the year, until the end of October, we did not get shit...

So, holy fucking shit, Biodom, you really believe that bearwhales or whoever the fuck else wants to keep BTC prices down really wanted BTC prices to go up 3.5x in three months? when there could have just as reasonably been a BTC price correction down to $1,500 or lower, and that could have easily been our fate for 2019.. Personally, I was relieved as fuck to NOT have to experience a correction down to $1,500 or lower , even though it would have been well within reasonable possibilities regarding where we were at and how much manipulation could have been carried out by some parties that may have been a bit more determined to cause it to happen.

Sure, I would have continued to buy.. but I would not have liked it.

Sure, I would have continued to be a bull(tard), but I would have had quite a bit less pep in my step.

Sure, further corrections, like that (down to sub $1,500) would have likely caused quite a bit more time to recover (and likely would have purged a whole fucking lot of shit coins), and I would have beared through it, and accumulated more bitcoin and felt a bit resentful.

I am surely glad that we had a pump, rather than a dump in early 2019... and no fucking whimpy pump.... an actual fucking amazing face melting pump that left even the greatest of bulls with their mouths hanging open... did you see jojo during that time?  nervous like a little girl.  And, completely shut Searing up for quite a long time, too.  Sure the dude was his usual bullish cheerfulness, but I know that behind the scenes, he was slapping himself in the face to make sure that he was not merely within some kind of non HODL pattern nightmare.

Anywhoo... 2019... great as fuck year for our lil fiend, aka kingdaddy.

In 2017 everybody was very concerned about btc split,e tc, yet it went from 1K to 20K.

Sure, I was there Biodom, by the time we got to early 2017, we were already gaining momentum.. and little whiny fucktwat BIG blockers were trying to ruin dee moo all year long and we continued to gravitate upwards and kind of got caught in a $2k holding pattern for a few months around the forkening and those various disputes... but they were pretty resolutely resolved in favor of bitcoin for anyone "in the know" who could see what was actually happening while the whole situation remained confusing.. the outcome was bullish as fuck and was shown in the price exasperation... similar to the pump of April to June 2019.. the pump of October to December 2017 was filled with outrageous exuberance... partly fueled by bitcoin's victory over a bunch of shittwats and even BIG business folks trying to tell king daddy what to do.. and king daddy was not having it.  

You can read that 2017 blow off top, however, you would like to read it.. and even weigh whatever factors that you want to weigh because there are always going to be various interpretations of what happened and what effect that situation has on our current situation (where we are at now), and where we are more likely to go from here.

In 2019-2020 everybody (PlanB, PTJ, prominent bloggers, etc) keep saying how great btc is, invest half a bil $$ (the Saylor man), yet here we are, STUCK (and lower than in 2019, which is much earlier in the supposedly bullish cycle).

So?  

King daddy is coiling.. whether you want to see it or not.

You can get all worried about bitcoin is not going to go up, and sure, there could be another correction down to $6k or whatever, but does not negate the fact that king daddy is continuing to coil.. even if it takes a while to play out (perhaps even a bit longer than we might have hoped.. and that continues to be how weak hands are shaken.. keep the price down for longer than anyone expects and lower than anyone expects it to go, and then when they lose control of it (those diptwats betting on down); hopefully they are not on the wrong side when the regression to the mean (UPpity) is likely to take place and to cause violent upside that is way worse than it should be based on BTC's price being held down for too long and too low.

You can deny it all you like, and surely I am not saying that anything is guaranteed, either..

For example, we could get all kinds of deviation from the various BTC price prediction models, but that would not necessarily cause them to be broken.. but they might need to be adjusted somewhat...

And, guess the fuck who would like you (us) to believe that the BTC price prediction models are broken?  The ones who are wanting to part you from your coins.  That's who.

Nobody had rationalized these doldrums yet.
The fact that Pomp (with an unknown investment prowess) and Raoul Pal are now all in btc does not give me particularly good vibes.
They are good at blogging, NOT investment.
I look at Raoul Pal as a contrarian indicator...usually whatever he says moves 180 degrees (aka in the opposite direction).

Sure bitcoin has a variety of free marketers.. and people who are touting out all kinds of pro-btc stuff, but surely small group of people are really in charge, and they each have a right to say whatever they want, pump whatever messages they like too.  Some of the messages will resonate and some will not.

And who fucking gives any shits about those two... I mean, sure, I listen to Pomp regularly, but have you ever looked at the Bitcoin podcasting space?  Holy fucking shit?  It is way the fuck BIGGER than it was in 2016.  I cannot even come close to listening to the podcasts that are in my feed, and I tend to listen to a lot of them at 2x and even to skim through a lot of them in order to focus on the better content... and my point is that the material is way more prolific, profound and amazing... there are so many fucking smart people who are involved in bitcoin and putting out all kinds of content, and they are way the fuck newer than you and me, Biodom.

I mean you, Biodom, have probably been involved in bitcoin at least as long as me, if NOT a bit longer, and some of these new guys (and even a gal or so, here and there) had only come into bitcoin in recent times such as 2017 or sometimes I hear fucking geniuses who have only been into bitcoin for a year or even a bit longer than that... it is amazing how smart some of them are, and contributing to the bitcoin ideas and marketing of bitcoin space for free.. and we surely do not need to agree with them.. and we can take what we like and leave what we like.

And hopefully, in the end, we are using various information and perspectives to better hone our own ideas in order that we can better know whatwegonnadu.. back to the original questions regarding allocations that help each of us to personally figure out our own situation in order to figure out how are we going to allocate in order to pee pare our lil selfies both psychologically and financially for either UP or DOWN (or the rare event of sideways).

We should be able to plan these matters out in order that we are comfortable no matter what direction our lil fiend goes
and we are not emotional about it.

You already have a pretty decent idea what I do, right?  I buy if it goes down and I sell if it goes up... and on an ongoing basis, I try to create set ups in which I am completely neutral regarding what direction she goes.  Sure there are sometimes very long periods (such as a month or longer) that none of my orders fill.. and sure sometimes if the price goes shooting down, I end up buying a bunch of BTC, but I might feel a bit irritated that I am quite a bit less rich than I was prior to the shooting down of the price, but largely we have seen through the years that the BTC price recovers, and my price per BTC continue to go down and the quantity goes up.. except when the BTC price goes shooting up, then the quantity of my BTC goes down, but the value of my BTC portfolio is worth way more than what it had been prior to the shooting up.  

It all seems to work..

I mean we are much better off than 2015 when the BTC was in the mid $200s for most of the year.

we are much better off than 2016 when the BTC bounced between $350 and $700 for most of the year, and finally got meaningfully above $700 at the end of the year.

Sure the price peaked in 2017, but don't we feel better off because the lowest of the BTC dip in December 2018 was $3,124...

Does that not feel better than earlier, and gosh we are playing around with mid-$10ks.. and feels pretty good to me.

I don't care whether we go up or not, even though I will be much MOAR richie if we were to happen to go up rather than sideways (not too likely) or down.. and hopefully we do not go below the 200 Week moving average, which is $6,700-ish as I type.....

So, as the 200 week moving average continues to go up with the passage of time, currently approaching gains of $100 per week... i am just feeling more and MOAR richie with the passage of time, and for the past several months, I have been glad to be introduced and to start using the 200 week moving average as my BTC price bottom measuring point... I think that the 200 week moving average is pretty conservative and reasonable to use as a running BTC price bottom reference point..

Maybe I am delusional?

But the whole situation continues to feel good man.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 04:52:39 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2020, 05:24:50 AM by JayJuanGee

Perhaps the below image captures the seemingly ambiguous position that you currently find ur lil selfie?

Damn, Jay.  And I thought that I was harsh.

Protip:  If you actually need choreographic directions (rather than her statement just being a stock phrase to egg you on), then ur lil selfie is already in a humiliating position.  You are supposed to be leading the dance (and you had better know how to do that—which most men don’t, nowadays; I mean generally, not only in the bedroom).  Unless she takes relationship advice from the type of website or magazine that runs articles reading, “Top Ten Sexiest Things Ever:  1. When he asks me what I want!”  In that case, you have much deeper problems; if you’re already all in with her, you’re fucked.

Quote from: Nietzsche
Whom hateth woman most? — Thus spake the iron to the loadstone: “I hate thee most, because thou attractest, but art too weak to draw unto thee.”

Well, overall, I had come across that meme on an earlier search for another meme, so for about a day or two, I was somewhat subconsciously thinking about somewhere that I might insert such meme into the conversation, because I loved the idea contained within the meme.  

Anyhow, maybe I was a bit desperate to find a fit for such meme (admission against interest), so I was merely trying to squeeze or insert such meme into some conversation, any conversation.. and my back and forth with Biodom seemed to have been the first place that kind of worked for the meme.. maybe not working precisely or perfectly... but surely, close enough for govt (not that I am employed or directed by any such govt) or internet forum work... ... so there, fortuitously, she got added to the sharing of idea'ers on the interwebs, with someone special (namely Biodom, nohomo).
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3863

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:29:40 AM

Sorry...that "meme magic" is 100% lost on me.

1. not even into memes...took me months/years to finally ask "the hat-master" for a hat.
2. I did not get the meme...dog loves her already? duh! but then, why "she is asking me to go deeper"?
...confusing...does not compute...%#%#$%^*...primary CPU is out, secondary is overheating...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:30:13 AM

Am I the only asshole buying Eth until 32 then more Bitcoin right now? Fucking laugh at me the fool right?

Yes...

Ethereum is a shitcoin...

Don't buy it..

Don't even take it for free.   Tongue

1. not even into memes...took me months/years to finally ask "the hat-master" for a hat.
2. I did not get the meme...dog loves her already? duh! but then, why "she is asking me to go deeper"?
...confusing...does not compute...%#%#$%^*...primary CPU is out, secondary is overheating...

Have you ever heard of the expression:  "a picture is worth a thousand words"?

In essence, memes cause posts to be shorter, especially if they do not need to be explained.  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2020, 05:31:51 AM

Anyhow, maybe I was a bit desperate to find a fit

Yes, I would suppose that Bitcoin bulls may often have that problem.  Just don’t brag about it on the Internet.

And stop ramming that candlestick into her cervix.  It causes volatility.

Try first reading the words without looking at the image.  (If you can’t get the joke just from the words, then, um...)  Then, observe the expression on the dog’s face.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:36:49 AM

Anyhow, maybe I was a bit desperate to find a fit

Yes, I would suppose that Bitcoin bulls may often have that problem.  Just don’t brag about it on the Internet.

And stop ramming that candlestick into her cervix.  It causes volatility.

Mums the word on that particular topic from here on out, unless someone asks directly, I am not volunteering nuttin further... Call it Opsec, if you will.   Cool

Am I the only asshole buying Eth until 32 then more Bitcoin right now? Fucking laugh at me the fool right?

Yes...

Don't buy it..

Don't even take it for free.   Tongue
Fuck, well I think that shitcoin is going to be my vegas, 32 and let it roll. After that I am stack bitcoin again.

Well, if you don't go "all in" you might be able to live to tell about it.

Perhaps?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3863

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:44:33 AM

Yes...

Don't buy it..

Have you ever heard of the expression:  "a picture is worth a thousand words"?

In essence, memes cause posts to be shorter, especially if they do not need to be explained.  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

it did not add anything just as well as a baby meme before...and many before those.
overrrated.
sowwy.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:56:56 AM

Yes...

Don't buy it..

In essence, memes cause posts to be shorter, especially if they do not need to be explained.  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

it did not add anything just as well as a baby meme before...and many before those.
overrrated.
sowwy.

Well, hopefully, I have not been completely voted off the island, yet... I might even get "my day" taken away - just to teach me a lesson about new developments in bitcoinlandia (apparently, I did not get the memo)  - the "non-value' of memes.   Cry Cry Cry  Whachagonna do next?  Take away emojis?   Tongue

From here on out, no more meaningless memes, Toxic... You fuck.   Angry Angry Angry

I am merely a conduit...for this message.. so don't shoot me...
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2020, 06:08:26 AM

Call it Opsec, if you will.   Cool

Indeed, everything should be encrypted all of the time.  With sufficiently large keys.  No 90s-era castrated “export” ciphers.

I'm not afraid someone throwing my dick on the net

#justsaying

And what, even if you don’t care what unpredictable ways all of your intimate personal data may be used to fuck you, do you really want for her elliptic curves to be vulnerable to penetration and exploitation by the NSA and Big Tech corporations?  Bruteforce isn’t even the most efficient attack there.

NP-Complete means NP-Hard.

Yes, I have a thread called “Ciphersex” somewhere.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:18:23 AM

Woof. Tongue

Observing $10771.
Can barely wait for September to fuck off.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2020, 06:19:24 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

KuCoin reports ‘security incident’ as $150M in Bitcoin, ERC-20 are taken

https://eng.ambcrypto.com/kucoin-reports-security-incident-as-150m-in-bitcoin-erc-20-are-taken/
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2020, 06:27:28 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

overrrated.
sowwy.

Well, hopefully, I have not been completely voted off the island, yet... I might even get "my day" taken away - just to teach me a lesson about new developments in bitcoinlandia (apparently, I did not get the memo)  - the "non-value' of memes.   Cry Cry Cry  Whachagonna do next?  Take away emojis?   Tongue

explain in words:  wordy-man walls of text
pictures:  overrated
emojis:  nullius misunderstands your post due to its lack of words

#modernity

Damn, CT.  That dog forgot his obligatory #nohomo tag before he picked out his clothes.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:37:55 AM

as if 2020 weren't bad enough already on my life so soon
https://twitter.com/Ninja_StuntZ/status/1309624344180555776?s=20
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:50:33 AM

oh thank god. one can now wrap ones bitcoin in a defi thing on the Tron blockchain. at last
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 07:29:47 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2020, 07:40:15 AM by bitebits
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I am still buying, it's just I don't like the action since the summer of 2019.
Something changed and I can feel it, however it is difficult to convey intuition.
In 2017 everybody was very concerned about btc split,e tc, yet it went from 1K to 20K.
In 2019-2020 everybody (PlanB, PTJ, prominent bloggers, etc) keep saying how great btc is, invest half a bil $$ (the Saylor man), yet here we are, STUCK (and lower than in 2019, which is much earlier in the supposedly bullish cycle).
Nobody had rationalized these doldrums yet.
The fact that Pomp (with an unknown investment prowess) and Raoul Pal are now all in btc does not give me particularly good vibes.
They are good at blogging, NOT investment.
I look at Raoul Pal as a contrarian indicator...usually whatever he says moves 180 degrees (aka in the opposite direction).

Patience.

I see a lot of bullish bitcoin tweets but very few tweets about how bearish mining revenue is rn.
https://twitter.com/sgbarbour/status/1309701673409945602

Bullish.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3426
Merit: 4344

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 07:30:46 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (2)

Why most people will have poor returns with Bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/HODLBitty/status/1309561160275034113
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 09:38:15 AM

Proud hodler since 2008.

It reminded me "I created a bitcoin wallet in 2010 and forgot about it. After seeing BTC hit $900, I went back and checked my stash..."  Grin

Took me quite a lot of acid, but indeed, now I can see the similarities between my and your posts.
cosnes

Activity: 30
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 10:50:42 AM

The simple reality is that nothing has changed. Nothing. People just don't sit at their desks in the office or stand awkwardly at the cooler waiting for a conversation about Bitcoin or privacy.

Users are still the most risky part of any security program, and all of the standard best practices and advice that the security community has followed over the years continues to apply.
Pages: « 1 ... 27115 27116 27117 27118 27119 27120 27121 27122 27123 27124 27125 27126 27127 27128 27129 27130 27131 27132 27133 27134 27135 27136 27137 27138 27139 27140 27141 27142 27143 27144 27145 27146 27147 27148 27149 27150 27151 27152 27153 27154 27155 27156 27157 27158 27159 27160 27161 27162 27163 27164 [27165] 27166 27167 27168 27169 27170 27171 27172 27173 27174 27175 27176 27177 27178 27179 27180 27181 27182 27183 27184 27185 27186 27187 27188 27189 27190 27191 27192 27193 27194 27195 27196 27197 27198 27199 27200 27201 27202 27203 27204 27205 27206 27207 27208 27209 27210 27211 27212 27213 27214 27215 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: