Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
ivoldemar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:24:27 PM

When will you make a fix for P106 Huh

Fullzero said as soon as he gets a hold of 2 P106-100 cards.

Read pages 125 up to now and you can make it work

They work in Mejans, but they do not overclock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:04:19 PM

Hi, i managed to connect 13*p106-100 gpu-z with no display output but when i log on via teamviewer the resolution is too small to do anything, could you fix this so that the resolution is normal ? Then i can do everything easily and test to my will:)

Edit: i get this in restart log :
Sun Aug 20 18:10:35 CEST 2017 - Utilization is too low: reviving did not work so restarting system in 10 seconds

Sun Aug 20 18:13:03 CEST 2017 - Starting miner restart script.

what does it mean

You would have to use a custom edid to increase the teamviewer resolution without a display.   It is not worth your time to do this; the easier way to test this is to ensure 1bash is configured to use SSH and REMOTE; then SSH into the rig and run commands via console.  I will most likely connect to lards rig later today and try this out.  I expect that all the GPUs will run as expected via console (nvoc isn't configured to use console mode, but you can manually start mining by launching 1bash or 2unix manually); the OC commands are also different from console.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:05:43 PM

This is still broken; I recommend using a different service like: https://postimages.org/
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:10:56 PM

When I want to enter commands I'm using Guake terminal. Sometimes it doesn't show uo even I hit f12.

Why is it unstable?

Not sure how you mean, but from my experience I can say, Guake doesn't work straight away after boot, the 1bash need to run first and you will see notification about Guake(press F12).

Then you can press F12, after 1st run of 1Bash after reboot only Guake works normal with F12.

Hope it makes sense and helps! Smiley

Here's the scenario what happened earlier.

I wait 3 minutes for the system to fully load its daemon and programs and then I open up the guake (hit f12). After that I opened up the firefox and searched something (I often hit alt+tab to monitor if the miner still works).

When I'm about to check the watchdog, I can't access it anymore. So I hit f12 but no good. I clicked the launcher but it gives mo a "loading" mouse.

I made a workaround for now, I went to guake properties and put the window "always on top".

Not sure what is happening here; might be due to a slow usb or many other potential conflicts.  You can always restart guake by quiting it or killing its process then clicking the icon on the taskbar.  But your solution seems good, and I don't recommend spending a lot of time troubleshooting problems like this when you already have a workaround.  Later on, If this continues to occur in v0019, please let me know.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:17:57 PM

When will you make a fix for P106 Huh

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to set up the autostart 1bash , temp control and watchdog bash files when you use SSH ? Is it possible to set up in a way so when I turn my rig on using SSH remote control , the 1bash will autostart and mining goes without me using ' bash /home/m1/1bash ' ?

I've tried to add these processes into the autostart but with no luck, I always have to open 1bash myself through the console.

Thanks for you help.

By the way, since in my set up I do not have any normal cards with video output(only using P106-100 cards) , I had problems with integrated graphics processor , when I installed the fresh OS on the rig without attached monitor to mobo and used SSH(for editing 1bash , etc.) it seemed to me that my usual "NVLM error 15 " or just freezing of the system doesn't come up as often as when I was using a monitor and local controling of the rig. I think this is because now in xorg files there's no mention of my "intel graphics". So everyone who has the same problem try to install the OS this way and remote control through SSH. I'm still to try and work around the overclocking these cards , hopefully fullzero will connect sometime soon and help me with that.

1bash is autostarted by default.
By the way, it's a good idea to buy a gtx1060 or 1050ti as primary GPU.

I think it's not the case here since the mining process doesn't start by itself or any other bash files like temp control and Watchdog,also checked through 'nvidia-smi' and 'screen -r miner' , I have to use "bash /home/m1/1bash" in my SSH terminal to start mining.

I was thinking about that but since it's not as easy for me to obtain new hardware quickly I have to adjust to what I have at the moment. I will probably end up obtaining one 1050ti card just to be safe since I still have one slot free anyway.

Did you have any luck with OC in your set up with 1 normal card and 12 P106-100 ?

Most likely I am going to connect to lards pure p106 via ssh today to confirm my supposition that all the problems involving p106s are really the result of using integrated graphics; or booting into forced console mode by running a pure p106 rig without integrated graphics (nvoc isn't configured to use console mode, but you can manually start mining by launching 1bash or 2unix manually) ; the OC commands are also different from console.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:36:30 PM

Hi Fullzero,

Do we need to add a swap space for v0019 release?
In claymore README for Windows 10, it's recommended to increase the pagefile to 16,000MB. I'm wondering if we also need to setup an extra "memory" for nvOC.

First, understand that these messages are very old, and Claymore doesn't change them (note the drivers they indicate to use).

Adding 16gb of VM, may increase stability; but it also will require using a larger usb, and a much longer download.  As not everyone mines ethash, this is not the optimal choice IMO. 

Later on I will look into dynamically enlarging the primary partition or making another to use as VM if there is enough space on the usb.  After I am done with v0019 and a new rxOC I will do this, I or someone else (there are lots of knowledgeable members here) could make a guide for modifying nvOC to have 16 gb VM to use for Claymore.

It is important to understand that it is not clear if adding VM or more RAM to the system has a direct correlation with increased system stability.  IMO using 8gb of ram is more stable, especially when dual ethash + additional algo mining; however it is almost impossible to isolate / measure stability fully and I am very skeptical of anyone who claims to have a definitive answer on this.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

Hi Fullzero,

In claymore README for Windows 10, it's recommended to increase the pagefile to 16,000MB. I'm wondering if we also need to setup an extra "memory" for nvOC.

First, understand that these messages are very old, and Claymore doesn't change them (note the drivers they indicate to use).

Adding 16gb of VM, may increase stability; but it also will require using a larger usb, and a much longer download.  As not everyone mines ethash, this is not the optimal choice IMO.  

Later on I will look into dynamically enlarging the primary partition or making another to use as VM if there is enough space on the usb.  After I am done with v0019 and a new rxOC I will do this, I or someone else (there are lots of knowledgeable members here) could make a guide for modifying nvOC to have 16 gb VM to use for Claymore.

It is important to understand that it is not clear if adding VM or more RAM to the system has a direct correlation with increased system stability.  IMO using 8gb of ram is more stable, especially when dual ethash + additional algo mining; however it is almost impossible to isolate / measure stability fully and I am very skeptical of anyone who claims to have a definitive answer on this.

I think you don't gonna win any stability at all, on windows u have to increase pagefile for GPU registration if u use more them 4 GPU if i remember right. Linux dont have this issue, everything is more simple is unix world Wink

By the way i would like to present a new cryptocoin DeepOnion is based on anonymity via TOR network, he use basic of fair airdrop on 40th round is actually on round 6th. Is a restrictive AirDrop, u have to be a active member on bitcointalk with a registered date at least on 12 July and have ( with new rule cause this coin get a lot of attraction, going to the moon ) a Member status. A growing communauty actually really active, jump on the train before is to late Wink
For people dont reach preset, go on main forum and register u can participate and add your value how this community, u get rewarded for this. They also do a lot of GiveAway with some restriction or not, i actually do one https://www.deeponion.org/community/threads/contest-guess-the-number-round-4-win-onions.601/  

U can check more detail on the ANN of this little big boy here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2006010.0

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
BigSmurf

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:38:37 PM

Hi, i managed to connect 13*p106-100 gpu-z with no display output but when i log on via teamviewer the resolution is too small to do anything, could you fix this so that the resolution is normal ? Then i can do everything easily and test to my will:)

Sun Aug 20 18:10:35 CEST 2017 - Utilization is too low: reviving did not work so restarting system in 10 seconds

what does it mean

You would have to use a custom edid to increase the teamviewer resolution without a display.   It is not worth your time to do this; the easier way to test this is to ensure 1bash is configured to use SSH and REMOTE; then SSH into the rig and run commands via console.  I will most likely connect to lards rig later today and try this out.  I expect that all the GPUs will run as expected via console (nvoc isn't configured to use console mode, but you can manually start mining by launching 1bash or 2unix manually); the OC commands are also different from console.

ok thank you i will check.

can you tell me about the second part of the question ? the Rig or Program restarts, and in 4restart file i found this :

what does it mean ??
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 09:36:27 PM

what does it mean

You would have to use a custom edid to increase the teamviewer resolution without a display.   It is not worth your time to do this; the easier way to test this is to ensure 1bash is configured to use SSH and REMOTE; then SSH into the rig and run commands via console.  I will most likely connect to lards rig later today and try this out.  I expect that all the GPUs will run as expected via console (nvoc isn't configured to use console mode, but you can manually start mining by launching 1bash or 2unix manually); the OC commands are also different from console.

ok thank you i will check.

can you tell me about the second part of the question ? the Rig or Program restarts, and in 4restart file i found this :

what does it mean ??

That from WATCHDOG, scrypt check your GPU volatily, if your GPU get stuck scrypt detect it and relaunch mining process. Cause when one GPU crash all GPU crash. Is like a auto reboot if something working wrong.  

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cryptolover1981

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:15:32 PM

P106-100 BOUNTY

The person who will be able to unlock the overclock of my 13x P106 Rig (on the ASRock H110 BTC) with nvOC will get

1 ETH

I only got pure P106-rigs and no non-mining cards mixtures.

PM me and I will give you access to one of my Rigs.

Thanks!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
BigSmurf

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

P106-100 BOUNTY

The person who will be able to unlock the overclock of my 13x P106 Rig (on the ASRock H110 BTC) with nvOC will get

1 ETH

Thanks!

The Dev fullzero is your man.
Edit: i also have the same problem. for now i must add one GTX card for OC to work via powermizer.
fred070

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:02:12 AM

Hi Fullzero,

Adding 16gb of VM, may increase stability; but it also will require using a larger usb, and a much longer download.  As not everyone mines ethash, this is not the optimal choice IMO. 

Later on I will look into dynamically enlarging the primary partition or making another to use as VM if there is enough space on the usb.  After I am done with v0019 and a new rxOC I will do this, I or someone else (there are lots of knowledgeable members here) could make a guide for modifying nvOC to have 16 gb VM to use for Claymore.

It is important to understand that it is not clear if adding VM or more RAM to the system has a direct correlation with increased system stability.  IMO using 8gb of ram is more stable, especially when dual ethash + additional algo mining; however it is almost impossible to isolate / measure stability fully and I am very skeptical of anyone who claims to have a definitive answer on this.

I don't have linux experience but I'll google it to extend and add swap space. I only have 4gb RAM so I might need it in the future.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:05:55 AM

Hi Fullzero,

I don't have linux experience but I'll google it to extend and add swap space. I only have 4gb RAM so I might need it in the future.

YOU CAN DUAL-MINE ON LINUX WITH 1GB RAM--

And stock swap space.  It is wasted effort, especially with no Linux experience, to research the unnecessary. 

I ran my R9 280X cards at 20+MH/s with Claymore's Dual-Miner on Linux, and had 2GB RAM.  Claymore is Windows-centric.  The large swap-space (virtual memory in Windows) is not necessary in Linux.  Further, nvOC is designed for a 16-32GB drive, and mines other algorithms at more profit.  These other algorithms do not need the swap space either.

2GB-4GB RAM should be plenty on a Linux mining rig.  None of my Linux rigs have more than 4GB.  My H81 Pro BTC rigs have 2GB (2 slots, 1GB each) and are stable for weeks at a time.

1GB RAM sticks are cheap.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Thagodeus

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:12:26 AM

Sweet fancy Moses, hopefully this works lol.
https://postimg.org/image/h4z1mpgf1/
https://s30.postimg.org/aeikd9t9d/IMG_3303.jpg

I'll try 2 links from postimg lol
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:11:16 AM

Thanks a lot for the amazing works.
This is the best linux system I ever seen,
Like it much more than ethos and others... Keep up the good work guys.

I installed it last night on a 120GB SSD that I had laying around (I know its too big), after 1st boot and checking every thing working fine reboot the machine and noticed a long long boot time.
So I thought its loading the systems and drivers and ...
I was checking various things and when I checked mem, I noticed there is no swap.
checked /etc/fstab and there was an entry that refers to an sda5 swap partition that has been made during installation but the UUID was not existed any more.
And there were no more swap partition shown in Gparted
Dont know if some thing has gone wrong during my installation/1st boot that wont let it build a swap partition or what
So I create a new 20GB swap partition, expand primary from 15 to 100.
Enabled the swap with swapon command  and reboot.

Voila it boots like lightning fast.

I thought it would be good idea to make it expand primary if its bigger than 16Gb and build swap partition on first boot.
Just my 2 cent.

Thanks again for nice work.

papampi

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:25:52 AM

what does it mean

"Utilization too low" could be because of miner couldnt connect to pool.
I had this problem with my Asus AC68 router, had to disable vulnerability detection in AI protection and the "Utilization too low" is gone.

EvgeniX

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:28:08 AM

Thanks a lot for the amazing works.
This is the best linux system I ever seen,
Like it much more than ethos and others... Keep up the good work guys.

I installed it last night on a 120GB SSD that I had laying around (I know its too big), after 1st boot and checking every thing working fine reboot the machine and noticed a long long boot time.
So I thought its loading the systems and drivers and ...
I was checking various things and when I checked mem, I noticed there is no swap.
checked /etc/fstab and there was an entry that refers to an sda5 swap partition that has been made during installation but the UUID was not existed any more.
And there were no more swap partition shown in Gparted
Dont know if some thing has gone wrong during my installation/1st boot that wont let it build a swap partition or what
So I create a new 20GB swap partition, expand primary from 15 to 100.
Enabled the swap with swapon command  and reboot.

Voila it boots like lightning fast.

I thought it would be good idea to make it expand primary if its bigger than 16Gb and build swap partition on first boot.
Just my 2 cent.

Thanks again for nice work.

Can you please make step by step guide? I think it will help a lot of people, Thanks
papampi

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:41:34 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 06:59:46 AM by papampi

Can you please make step by step guide? I think it will help a lot of people, Thanks
Sure, will try my best.

Option 1: If you have bigger than 16gb USB/SSD/HDD. Enable swap and expand partition to full size.
First check to see if you have swap enabled or not by free command:
Then:
Open Gparted, it will ask for root password, Locate your drive, you will see a 16gb used space and a big not used at the end,
Right click on the unused partition and create new partition, Type : Swap make the size you want ( 1Gb to ...) and move it to the end of drive.  Apply.
Then right clcik on the primary 16gb partition and resize/move , resize it to the desired (better to give it all). Apply
Now right click on the swap partition and get the info, copy the UUID
open /etc/fstab with
Code:
gksudo gedit /etc/fstab
You will see a line which refers to a swap partition during installation ...
Some thing similar to this :
Code:
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=cdba7b01-5ae6-4104-9a6e-f723b8bd87ac none            swap    sw              0       0
Now change the UUID with the one you copied from newly made swap partition.
save and close gedit.
now in your  terminal type :
Code:
sudo swapon --all
It will read your fstab and enable the swap partition.
check it with free command in  terminal
Code:
#free
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:        8171388     3020388     2637404      142044     2513596     4647472
Swap:       8123388           0     8123388
reboot and it should be all good

Edit.
Option2 : If you have 16GB usb/ssd/hdd (Credit to osnwt)
And you dont want/need swap partition and expanding primary partition:

Just open /etc/fstab with
Code:
gksudo gedit /etc/fstab
and add a # before the UUID in swap line
Code:
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
#UUID=cdba7b01-5ae6-4104-9a6e-f723b8bd87ac none            swap    sw              0       0
reboot and have fun.

ivoldemar

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:10:43 AM

Hi Fullzero,

check your PM.  i send new acces for my rig. 
ivoldemar

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:38:40 AM

P106-100 BOUNTY

1 ETH

Thanks!

I'm ready to make a donation too, if the issue with P106 cards is finally solved, but it's been so long already ...
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: