Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:54:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:15:23 AM

A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

Guys,
Just wondering does the whole unit shutdown on overheat, before things burn out, just thinking of single fan on top if it fails what happens? I hate for it to become a really expensive brick?

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

And check to see if the cores in each chip are ok.

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. cold intake surrounding, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs...

if you do have s/w fixes or workarounds are you going to place those in client/customer area for d/l and updating the s/w on the pi?

We bought you (and everyone else who wants one) rackmount cases (RPC-450B 4U Rackmount Case) Naran, do you want the desktop cases instead?
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:16:10 AM

What sounds fishy, the actual TRO as ordered in the case of dz miner coop against hashfast? This is all happening right here on bitcointalk, pretty easy to verify. You worry far too much about being a victim and what people say about you, vs actually telling the truth and shipping products. You never answered me, how can you have shipped orders to the 1200s when there are people posting here every day with lower numbers than that asking where the miners are?
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:17:52 AM

AMT_Miners, my order is #899. Can you give me an estimate as to when they would be ready to go? I would be willing to come pick them up in person if it helps. I sent an email to Josh earlier as well

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:19:21 AM

A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

Guys,
Just wondering does the whole unit shutdown on overheat, before things burn out, just thinking of single fan on top if it fails what happens? I hate for it to become a really expensive brick?

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. cold intake surrounding, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs...

if you do have s/w fixes or workarounds are you going to place those in client/customer area for d/l and updating the s/w on the pi?

We bought you (and everyone else who wants one) rackmount cases (RPC-450B 4U Rackmount Case) Naran, do you want the desktop cases instead?

I've love to see the rack case fully populated, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:24:46 AM

Guys,

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

I've love to see the rack case fully populated actually, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)
i as soon as my miners recieved that is will be looking at possibly trying to oil cool the unit either dump the lot in a fishtank of oil or building a thermal transfer unit and rad for the 200m fan with a push pul configuration as i see temps are really an issue if sucessful i will share with the community the results. plus maybe sell u guys some or give details how to make

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

What happened to this promise?

Guys,

Calm down. We shot the video yesterday and its at the video product company being formatted and what nut. ORDER 400 TO 500 HAVE BEEN SHIPPED OUT ALREADY!  WE ARE ALL WORKING ON ASSEMBLING  AND SHIPPING MINERS ONLY.

ORDER 500-600 WILL SHIP ON MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY

600 TO 700 WILL SHIP ON WEDNSDAY TO  FRIDAY.

700 TO 800 MONDAY TO WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

800 TO 900 WEDNSDAY OF THE FOLLOWING WEEK.

AND SO ON.

PLEASE STOP TRASHING OUR COMPANY AS WE ARE ONE OF THE ONLY TWO COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT ARE SHIPPING TERRAHASH MINERS. THANKS.

Or this one? That customer still hasn't received his order.

Hi, I appreciate the general update but I was just wondering what the last order to be fully processed and shipped was? Just so I can get an idea of a timeframe to receive my order (#847). Thanks.

Your miner will ship next week, between Wednesday and Friday. Please contact orders@advancedminers.com for further question regarding order status, we don't use this thread for that.

Or this one on feb 1, that said you were building and shipping miners daily.

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

Could you at least tell us how many chips you got so we can at least figure out how many rigs you can build and ship quickly?

Also,  is another batch of chips coming?

I can tell you that we've received a lot. And enough to make it to your order and than some for sure.

We also have 12 assemblers located at our CM 8am to 4pm. Each of which has experience in building electronic components and devices that pass UL certification and ISO standards. The average build time per build team (2 assemblers each team) was clocked at 2.5 hrs per build. This includes wiring, assembly, modular install, initial testing, and packing.

So if they are working 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, how many miners can we build in 1 day? How many in 1 week? and How many in 1 month?

the math on that was about 20 a day, from feb 1 till now you would have made somewhere around 800. I somehow doubt that.

Opieum, guess what, I can post about whatever I want. It doesn't matter at all that I didn't order, and people who used to make the same comments are all now in the group of people who just wish they had never ordered. I get PMs from people all the time discussing this clusterfuck. You say trolling, I say helping. I'm just asking questions, and they never seem to get answered.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2602

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:27:37 AM

Rack mount ! Rack mount sis boom bah! Rack mount Rack mount rah rah rah!
Yes please...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:32:57 AM

I've love to see the rack case fully populated actually, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)

i as soon as my miners recieved that is will be looking at possibly trying to oil cool the unit either dump the lot in a fishtank of oil or building a thermal transfer unit and rad for the 200m fan with a push pul configuration as i see temps are really an issue if sucessful i will share with the community the results. plus maybe sell u guys some or give details how to make
Ah for the good ol'days of Dow Freon(r) thermal xfr fluids... Some of the old Cray's had beautiful fountains as part of the cooling loop...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:36:47 AM

Ah for the good ol'days of Dow Freon(r) thermal xfr fluids... Some of the old Cray's had beautiful fountains as part of the cooling loop...
i will have to have a look for that get some ideas. preferably want enough h.w to run house heating and water system and so much would pay for me to do alot more than i can now without working...one day maybe.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:46:34 AM

Assuming you are running say over 5kw would be a good use of the waste heat and temps should be about right at least for hot water.

I have noticed that with my 4 Ant's the furnace stays off longer. Now to try and figure out how the electric & gas offset each other...

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:51:27 AM

Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

The design team ran us up quite a lot in a week or so and we ordered (quick turn from rapid sheet metal in NH) 400+ cages.

The designers did not leave holes in the cages for airflow to pass over the top of the boards (chips/chipsinks) but more over just holes which were the exact size of the heatsink fins.

So with the chip's data sheet specifying airflow/thermal dissipation 30% on top and 70% on the bottom this would work and chips would over heat. So we're stuck with 400+ sheet metal cages that dont work - we got quotes on cutting out the pannels of the cages, drilling holes etc..  So what's the quick fix to fab 400 sheet metal cages.. New heatsinks.

We ordered new heatsinks with more fins and 3mm fin height difference allowing us to utilize that gap for chipsink thermal flow.  New sinks took 4 days to come in, cut to length extrusion, and 2-3 days to CNC from a nice guy with great pricing who has become the end of the day bitch station of all the things that went wrong during the course of the day. So the next week became a early morning and late evening pickup of heatsinks.

designers back in the lab charging us to fix the mess they made and we told them this time - make it like a fence. So they finished after a few days and sent the designs back to Rapid - who turned it around in a week (not very rapid) and sent the first 100 units over on tuesday and what did we find out.. the designers did not add the 2nd and 4th screw holes on the back side of the cage..

Called rapid they said send it back - quoted a week or two in turn around.. called larger shops they weren't available didn't have any time for quick turn runs...etc You're thinking so what .... it's only 4 screw holes you can drill them yourself, not quite. The holes need to be exact to the mm because if they are off by .2mm than your backplane wont fit in the right way and eventually lead to more problems.

CM offered up a quote of $10 per cage to have a few guys they know come in and do it. Also referred us to another character that came back rather too quickly with quotes in thousands. Trying to do several ourselves, some came close but nothing professional and came out with correct holes spacing but bent sides etc... just a world of crap.

In the end the nightly complaining at the CNC shop (heatsink pickup round 6) we mentioned it to our cnc guy and he was like ... "we can do that, $2 a cage done in 48hrs."  

The CNC was already set to drill and tap the holes on the sinks which was the spacing it needed to be on the cage, so he was able to make a sheet metal template for manual drilling and had one of the shop minions do the drilling.

Moral of the story - ask everyone, call around and get quotes, but ultimately the guy that runs that CNC is gonna know what to do and how to handle shit situations.

This is one of several factors that has attributed to our delayed status.

Transparency...

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:58:49 AM

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C.
<snip>
<snip>

No doubt check the chips... If that is the package temp the internal die is going to substantial higher than that. Not a good thing to do. Is that temp sensed on the die itself or the chip package/bga pad area?. If it's the die, pushing things but not *too* badly if off the die... yikes.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:12:54 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 06:35:41 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Transparency...

<snip>

Moral of the story - ask everyone, call around and get quotes, but ultimately the guy that runs that CNC is gonna know what to do and how to handle shit situations.

Transparency...

Now see? Doesn't that feel better getting that out?

As an industrial systems builder for nearly 40-years I can say, Been there - done that, yes it's Hell. With chips/boards so far off course, blind faith in all the rest being as it should be rarely works but ya do what ya gotta do.

I have one pert-near as good. Last year we get an order to upgrade 6 laser driller systems in Taiwan to our latest/greatest versions that literally have 3x the throughput, each upgrade coming in just over 300k$. Got in the PC's (with built-in Firewire to talk to everything else) and all the other hardware. got it all together, ran into a few issues & solved them. Ran each and every system 24x7 for 1 week. Perfect.

Got to Taiwan and physically installed the 1st upgrade <drum roll> the PC would not talk to the rest of the system. Firewire errors all over the place... WTF? Spent 2 days talking across the planet with folks trying to find out what the hell could have changed. Eventually just took the old FW plug-in card from the old PC, disabled the onboard one and all was well. Every system did that. 6 out of 6. Still no idea why other than the fact that Firewire can be a bitch to work with and if a combo of hardware works - get a lot of them and stick with it.

Nice bit is we just got an order from them for 9 more upgrades for this year Cheesy

Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:20:34 AM

I'm guaranteeing 4 weeks from the date of purchase or a full refund.

Don't forget this gem. You don't have very many posts, it took all of ten minutes to look at every picture and lie you have ever posted that you didn't delete.

That was regarding the 80's, 128's - small miners, and we kept that promise, give or a take a few days due to the holidays.

AMT

more like, give or take a few WEEKS.  7 weeks on a 3-4 week promised delivery, is not a few days.  

i am pretty forgiving, and VERY understanding, IF i am being told the truth about a situation that causes production delays.

what i am not forgiving and understanding about, is being lied to.  When my boss asks me what happened with one of the servers i manage, I tell him the truth, whether i fucked it up or not.  After years of working under the same management, they know they can come to me and get the straight, honest answer, no matter what it is.  This honest approach lets me sleep at night, and has helped to keep me employed through tough times, where others around me have been laid off.  

Own your mistakes, and quit backtracking and trying to cover it up.

The MPP is lie.  the mine for 6 months, and then try to get upgrades per the MPP is a lie to get out of having to live up to the mistaken estimates on your production abilities, that will now cost you a ton of money to fulfill.    By my estimate and YOUR MPP, you would have to ship twice the hardware to most of your customers.  That would most likely put you out of business.  The right thing to do would be to take down the MPP, and quit using it as a selling point.  It's false advertising.  I asked about it twice, BEFORE my rig shipped, and was ignored.

Your claims of testing your rigs before shipping is shaky as hell.  If tested, how did mine get to me with 1 of 2 boards that doesnt hash(at least until i disassembled the unit and put it back together correctly), and one of those boards having a bad chip?  How can you put all those parts into the little case, and not notice how much hotter it runs inside the case than out?  I'm not talking about a little bit warmer, but way too hot to let it keep running like that.

On the good side, you did me right with the quick turn around on the blown board.  Thank you.  That's how a business should handle those situations.

I kept fairly quiet, as one of your customers, until i got my rig and got it working correctly.  I saw the way the forum was going after i made my purchase and didnt want to cause any further delays in my order, so I was very polite.  

I know you guys are in way over your heads, but that's no reason to serve a load of bullshit at your customers and then tell them it's ice cream.  Tell them what's really going on with delays.  Live up to the MPP or take it down.  

As a former customer, I can give a thumbs up on very aspects of the company.  Yes, the rig hashes above rated spec, even with the bad chip it does 85GH or so.  Jim was great on the phone, helping me get up and running(but, the same could have been accomplished with a half page setup guide, which would save Jim a ton of valuable time, by not having to take a support call for every miner shipped).  The turn around on the RMA was very quick.   That's all the good, and it's not enough to make up for all of the bad.  I really wish i had acted up before my purchase and been banned before i made my purchase.

I probably would have left my original review as my only comments, but i can't stand all of the lies i see perpetuated on this forum.  Sorry for repeating my previous posts, but it needs to be said, and anyone thinking about making a purchase needs to know what they are about to get into, for better or for worse. 

As i was nearing the end of this post, you posted the transperency deal about your delays.  That's more like it.  These guys are spending a ton of cash, and should know why their stuff isnt showing up as promised.  Keep that up, and people will eventually look past your early growing pains.

Thanks

Stan Calloway
Order #928
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:21:28 AM

Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

The design team ran us up quite a lot in a week or so and we ordered (quick turn from rapid sheet metal in NH) 400+ cages.

The designers did not leave holes in the cages for airflow to pass over the top of the boards (chips/chipsinks) but more over just holes which were the exact size of the heatsink fins.

So with the chip's data sheet specifying airflow/thermal dissipation 30% on top and 70% on the bottom this would work and chips would over heat. So we're stuck with 400+ sheet metal cages that dont work - we got quotes on cutting out the pannels of the cages, drilling holes etc..  So what's the quick fix to fab 400 sheet metal cages.. New heatsinks.

We ordered new heatsinks with more fins and 3mm fin height difference allowing us to utilize that gap for chipsink thermal flow.  New sinks took 4 days to come in, cut to length extrusion, and 2-3 days to CNC from a nice guy with great pricing who has become the end of the day bitch station of all the things that went wrong during the course of the day. So the next week became a early morning and late evening pickup of heatsinks.

designers back in the lab charging us to fix the mess they made and we told them this time - make it like a fence. So they finished after a few days and sent the designs back to Rapid - who turned it around in a week (not very rapid) and sent the first 100 units over on tuesday and what did we find out.. the designers did not add the 2nd and 4th screw holes on the back side of the cage..

Called rapid they said send it back - quoted a week or two in turn around.. called larger shops they weren't available didn't have any time for quick turn runs...etc You're thinking so what .... it's only 4 screw holes you can drill them yourself, not quite. The holes need to be exact to the mm because if they are off by .2mm than your backplane wont fit in the right way and eventually lead to more problems.

CM offered up a quote of $10 per cage to have a few guys they know come in and do it. Also referred us to another character that came back rather too quickly with quotes in thousands. Trying to do several ourselves, some came close but nothing professional and came out with correct holes spacing but bent sides etc... just a world of crap.

In the end the nightly complaining at the CNC shop (heatsink pickup round 6) we mentioned it to our cnc guy and he was like ... "we can do that, $2 a cage done in 48hrs."  

The CNC was already set to drill and tap the holes on the sinks which was the spacing it needed to be on the cage, so he was able to make a sheet metal template for manual drilling and had one of the shop minions do the drilling.

Transparency...

This is EXACTLY what you should have been doing all along. Keep it coming. Please!
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:23:55 AM

Transparency...

Transparency...

+1
Good to see this here, been lurking for months -watching- If Phin helped your new "transparency" arrive It is win-win for all.
I am not a customer yet... when these are complete, all orders filled, shipping in hand will be my time to choose miners. I just get em cheap and stack em.
Things make sense, when explained, and this aint darpa skunk works, we need info.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:49:38 AM

Let me sum this all up in two words "hot mess"
Ask for yor money guys. Refuse to take their not working crap!!!!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
cobra89y

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:59:52 AM

So AMT do u plan on staying in the ASIC business? If so I would recommend you just keep the updates comming. People who buy preorders at this point actually expect delays at this point. I think the problems most people have with the company's they buy from is not being filled on. Who knows if you had aired these problems early on you may have had some forum members who could have givin advice, or presented an actual solution to the production problems. From what I have seen on the forums there is a ton of knowledge for all aspects of life here. Use it if ur having a problem.
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:00:57 AM

Transparency...

<snip>

Transparency...

Very good. Seriously. I applaud this new approach.

Still wondering where our refund is. We don't want your miner anymore. We want a refund.

Other than that, keep this up. People are cooling down, see? Because information.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:10:58 AM

Transparency...

<snip>

Transparency...

Very good. Seriously. I applaud this new approach.

Still wondering where our refund is. We don't want your miner anymore. We want a refund.

Other than that, keep this up. People are cooling down, see? Because information.
So what?
Even if people are cooled down they have lost their money already. This is another amt trick to buy more time.
Just ask for refund.
Leave their precious crap with them to mine  Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: