Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:38:45 AM

...added some thumbs/up down to the devtome page paragraphs:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_org

So all - please take a look and edit/suggest/rate as you wish (the orginal page is jasinlee's text, the current revision is my edit, so feel free to re-edit any version)
Re-posting this as lost in the 5000 msgs since. Please add your ideas/feedback as a good homepage for devcoin is quite important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weisoq

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:48:26 AM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

I have to step out but I'll check back later.  

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.
yes separate threads would be better I think. On the coin, unless you designed all that artistry yourself you may as well stop now. You can't take likely copied work/images and then utilise as open-source. Also, this is of course just my opinion, but I'd rather be blunt and save you some time and effort to expend on other things - but I don't like the design and I doubt many others will. It's too busy. At this point devcoin just needs to get the ball rolling on a simple recognisable logo/coin design.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:01:51 AM

So I want to propagate the same generosity which was shown to me by giving away 100,000 devcoins from my vircurex account, which will hopefully work.

I'm not sure how to do this for optimal effect.  While I think 1,000 coins per new wallet would be the best way that would mean I have to send out coins 100 different times and I don't know how long it will  take.  If it's an easy thing to do then that's probably the best way, if not  then I'll do the first 25 NEW accounts.

I'm not gonna verify so let's have a gentleman's agreement that if you already opened an account and at some point got some reward that you won't submit it here for a second one.  And it doesn't necessarily have to be new as opened in the last 5 minutes although I would prefer if it were for people who will open a new account because of this offer since that's the whole point, to get more people actively buying, mining or earning devcoins.  

Let's get some feedback from people who have done this to setup the best and easiest parameters.  And maybe also start a new thread so I don't get put on ignore by everyone.

All feedback is appreciated.

1. Awesome idea.
2. You should make your own thread, or post about it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191136.0;topicseen

I think 100 wallets would be a good new amount Smiley

That's your thread finshaggy, and I agree it's better if it's done on a different thread.  What a nightmare to have to send to so many address.  You don't seem to mind. lol...seriously, can I send you the 100,000 devcoins since this is your original idea as far as I can tell and you can give them out to the first 100 guys.

but guys, go to the board finshaggy just liked to and post your wallet and the first 100 will get 1,000 devcoins each.  that way it's better cause you're likely to recognize names that have come back for thirds and fourths.  lol

give me your wallet and I'll go vircurex and take out 100,000.  man that makes me feel rich and generous but i'm neither.  ha.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:03:51 AM

I received the last devcoin address, so I asked Mark to make the receiver files. I also sent 23 devcoins to everyone that has not received generation devcoins before and has given me a devcoin address, from the newbie file:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/newbie.csv

so they can check that their address is correct. Please check that your devcoin address is getting 23 devcoins; if someone is not getting them, tell me immediately and if we get that information within a day we'll check the address and generate a new receiver file. Since everyone confirmed that their address is correct, it is unlikely that any of the addresses are wrong, this is just a final check.

I didn't get the 23 coins.  I do have some coins coming from round 23 so please let me know what I need to do.  thanks.

marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:09:21 AM

I received the last devcoin address, so I asked Mark to make the receiver files. I also sent 23 devcoins to everyone that has not received generation devcoins before and has given me a devcoin address, from the newbie file:

so they can check that their address is correct. Please check that your devcoin address is getting 23 devcoins; if someone is not getting them, tell me immediately and if we get that information within a day we'll check the address and generate a new receiver file. Since everyone confirmed that their address is correct, it is unlikely that any of the addresses are wrong, this is just a final check.

Received! Thank you for all your concerns!

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:43:47 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 12:25:47 PM by Vlad2Vlad

I finished the important part of my devcoin design which goes on top and replaced the current logo.  I don't have photoshop and the friend who helped me last time just couldn't help me out this time so I'm stuck submitting basically pure drawings.  I'm no artist so I had to use tools for just about everything which is why it took me so long.  I was going to add some latin words and some images but I think devcoin management is basically looking for a good idea and any coin which wins will most likely get altered to suit their tastes and needs so then I won't waste 3 more days adding things that are more personal than necessary.

So one would have to imagine this symbol which incorporates the entire devcoin logo: DVC in the image (but it's not spelled out plainly as I tried to make it as new and original as possible and like nothing I've ever seen) and I also managed to get the equality (=) symbol in there without looking like it's just another dollar copy.  For some reason all the currencies of the world seem to put that on so I felt maybe there's a good reason or maybe they're just copying the dollar.

AT any rate, including 2 images (and yes, I cropped them down to size this time, thanks for all the guys who helped me out earlier), one with 3 circles which were in part symbolic and in part to fill in a large empty section of the coin but with them the coin started to look pretty busy so I'm gonna post an image without those 3 circles.

Please feel free to criticize, comment or give feedback - I had the feeling today after a comment was made by one of the mods that the contest is literally in its last days which is why I'm submitting what I have.  it took a lot of work to put together what looks like just a few lines and circles.  Man!

Oh, and I guess it would help to put my original one on here so everyone can see which symbol is being replaced.  The wheel with log sticking out of it....I'm told it's a halo logo which I didn't know.  The new symbol is 100% made from scratch so just imagine this new symbol (above) on top of the microchip/IC wafer backdrop.  I simply don't have the software tools to combine them.

I Hope these help in any way to give devcoin the best and original coin in the entire new crypto currency industry I hope the final winner will be a true work of art for the new digital era.

Best regards,

Vlad

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:54:09 AM

I got a close friend to join devcoin and devtome as a writer.  He is an architect, we graduated together and we're both in similar situations so I got him as excited about digital currencies and especially devcoin as I am.

That said, he did join bitcointalk but he's still a newbie as those 4 hours to go to Jr. level can take a while so he can't post anything including his images.  He thought a coin was just a coin and that the symbol for your coin is what really means something so that's what he focused on but being newly wed he's been busy so he's not quite finished but I told him the contest is gonna be over very soon so he gave me what work he's done on his devcoin symbols to post. 

So here they are, his alias is already written on the images so I don't have to post it.

All comments welcome, I think he has to choose just one to enter into the contest  so please feel free to state which one you like or which one(s) you don't like.  Thank you.

The Next DEVcoin logo symbols - by VeruminNumeris, S.N.

weisoq

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:59:21 AM

Those designs are interesting.

On the wallet - you need your own (not vircurex/devda). http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin

I use the one by linked here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129563.msg2156249#msg2156249 (please note the instructions by psybits for if you've ever had a a wallet on your machine before)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:22:54 AM

why in the world is it coming out so HUGE?Huh

it's only 720K, isn't that small.  how can I shrink this thing cause it's actually hideous when it's this big.  

Now your just being a troll with your silly troll games LOL I am a troll so I can spot them LOL

I'm not sure what you mean but saying I'm a troll.

Isn't that some deuche who just goes on chat boards to harass people or virtually grope fat chicks with skinny pics?

I may be new here but I'm dead serious about everything I post.  I've only been part of devcoin and devtome for about 10 days or so and I've put a lot of time in trying to learn cause all of this is new to me.  And I've spent nearly every single night staying up and writing my heart out to help devtome/devcoin and in the process help myself by earning devcoins, to add to the ones I've bought. 

And believe it or not at all my jobs I was always considered the "computer literate" guy on the team.  What that means is as you get more and more "normal" people on these threads (cause up until now only the underground programming and hackers guys have been on to this), as word spreads, cause that's the plan, right? - you're gonna get a lot of new people that ask questions which will make mine look like a computer whiz from Harvard.

So no, I'm not a troll, I kept saying imagur cause I didn't read every single word of every post, I was just scanning all the posts looking for advice as I was trying to hurry to fix that hideous huge image before the mods got on my ass.

If you know more about computers than a normal person next time offer to help and don't assume that normal people know what imgur is, you may have to give details as if you're dealing with a retard cause for the last 30 days as I've tried my hardest to download, configure and run all these programs to mine various coins I have spent countless hours and sleepless nights getting them to finally work and I have to say I felt like a monkey banging on a keyboard.

Anyway, since you're a troll too I take no offense, just wanted to lower the bar for the next poor bastard who comes in here off the street cause if my optimistic view is right it's gonna be a mad rush.

And if you're such a computer whiz genius why don't you take my 2 images and glue them together with that photoshop thingie.  Strutt your stuff unless you submitted a new coin design and you don't wanna help out a competitor, I'd understand that.

Good luck to you and the next new guy coming through here.  ha!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:27:14 AM

On the wallet - you need your own (not vircurex/devda). http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129563.msg2156249#msg2156249 (please note the instructions by psybits for if you've ever had a a wallet on your machine before)

the wallet I have I downloaded from devtome.

maybe the problem is I have a 64bit computer as they're all 64 bit now and devtome only has 32bit downloads.  I contacted the mods and a new 64 bit windows wallet won't come out for a couple more weeks.

Is there a wallet for macs?  will that work on my iphone or ipad?  I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.

So I don't know what to do, I can try downloading the same link form devtome on my desktop so I don't get 2 devcoin wallets on the same laptop, not sure if that would mess things up.

I was waiting for a response from unthinkingbit to see what I should do.  He's the mod I talked to about the 64bit windows version.

Thanks for the advice though

Oh, by the way, which designs did you mean were interesting, mine or my friends?  which ones in particular.  He's trying to narrow it down to just one.  Thanks

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:30:10 PM

Received! Thank you for all your concerns!

Hey, I saw your logo and new design while I was trying to get mine to save on the devtome  page setup for the voting.  I liked it.  Simple but I liked the fact that it gets the message across right away - it's got that Atari look to it, it made me think of bytes or computers so automatically if I see that on a coin it makes me think of digital coins.

I couldn't get mine to save, not sure how everyone has a bitcointalk in their link and then the image.  That's where I'm missing something.  At any rate, good design.

regards,

Vlad

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:33:05 PM

the wallet I have I downloaded from devtome.

maybe the problem is I have a 64bit computer as they're all 64 bit now and devtome only has 32bit downloads.  I contacted the mods and a new 64 bit windows wallet won't come out for a couple more weeks.

Is there a wallet for macs?  will that work on my iphone or ipad?  I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.

So I don't know what to do, I can try downloading the same link form devtome on my desktop so I don't get 2 devcoin wallets on the same laptop, not sure if that would mess things up.

I was waiting for a response from unthinkingbit to see what I should do.  He's the mod I talked to about the 64bit windows version.

Thanks for the advice though

Oh, by the way, which designs did you mean were interesting, mine or my friends?  which ones in particular.  He's trying to narrow it down to just one.  Thanks

I have 64 bit OS and devcoin wallet runs fine on my machine... all the downloads u will need are here http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

Twobit did a real good job with these so you really should not have any problems

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.

I wasn't attacking you in any sort of way, you didn't accuse me of such but I am just clarifying. I get on here after school/work so reading through long posts like that before writing or trading or firing up the miner takes precious time away from those things. Giving away DVC is relevant in my opinions because it is helping to boost the economy. I too plan on starting a faucet when I get paid next month, after I invest in a decent mining rig. It's good to see someone new who is so enthused about the whole thing, just try to keep your posts short, concise, and to the point if you don't mind.

Absolutely, no offense taken.  I just wanted to let you know I get it and I'll be more aware of it.  If you felt that way I'm sure others do too so I wanna add value not piss people off.

What rig do you wanna get.  Just and FYI, and this is relevant, lol, I bought a $1700 computer with an 8 core FX 8350, dual ATI 7850 GPUs (it's all about the GPUs for now), the works and it didn't do anything mining wise. per 24 hours running nonstop I got .27 or so litecoins.  Mining is done for unless difficulty drops which I doubt, it's only gonna get worse. 

Asics is the way to go but that's gonna take a while.  I already ordered and paid for 2 5GH butterfly labs rigs and even those probably won't do much and supposedly they're only good for mining bitcoin.  I'm still keeping and open eye on some way to mine so let me know if and what you find and what you plan to mine cause I'll mine any coin as long as I can find it in good quantity.

Thanks and good luck.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 12:55:01 PM

[/quote]

I have 64 bit OS and devcoin wallet runs fine on my machine... all the downloads u will need are here http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=how_to_get_setup_earning_devcoins_by_writing

Twobit did a real good job with these so you really should not have any problems

FuzzyBear
[/quote]

Oh that's great.

I just checked your link and those are the same links I downloaded from last time, but now the "32" is missing so I can't tell which one to download as none are listed as 64 either. 

Can somebody edit those 3 windows links and add 32 for the 32 bit and 64 for the 64bit so people don't download the wrong ones, unless the 32 bit info is in the link itself and I'm missing it?

Also, can I just download it on this same laptop on which I loaded the last one (which was probably 32 bit which may be causing the problem) or do I have to first delete everything on this laptop with the old client?  Problem is the wallet ID unthinkingbit has for the last round payout is from this wallet so I don't know if I can delete it.  IF not can I just download this new 64 bit version and just ignore the other one?

I'll wait and check back on it later, I'm really glad it's done though.  Thanks a lot.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:01:18 PM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.
yes separate threads would be better I think. On the coin, unless you designed all that artistry yourself you may as well stop now. You can't take likely copied work/images and then utilise as open-source. Also, this is of course just my opinion, but I'd rather be blunt and save you some time and effort to expend on other things - but I don't like the design and I doubt many others will. It's too busy. At this point devcoin just needs to get the ball rolling on a simple recognisable logo/coin design.

Yeah, it's all 100% original, I designed the whole thing, so no copyright issues.

I thought it was kind of busy which is why I wanted feedback and also why I removed the 3 circles to clear the entire upper half of the coin.  And devoin may just be interested in part of the coin, that's why they're rewarding the top 3 spots.  they're basically buying all the rights for the top 3 coins and then they're probably gonna mix them up and add their own ideas and create one bad ass coin.

That's what I would do and that's why I wanted to post them even though they're unfinished.  They haven't gotten even 15 images yet so they really need something different and unique to work with and that's what I tried to do.  Whatever comes of it - It was fun as I've never designed anything before.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:06:04 PM

Mods, let me know if it's best to open a new thread and link this portion to that thread so we don't get however many posts with people's account on this thread.  I'm still learning all this stuff and didn't realize some people get upset at non-relevant posts which I think giving away devcoins is.

Some feedback please, would it be best to do just the first 25 new accounts as 100 is to many or is 100 better to reach more people.  There's 100,000 devcoins total.

I wasn't attacking you in any sort of way, you didn't accuse me of such but I am just clarifying. I get on here after school/work so reading through long posts like that before writing or trading or firing up the miner takes precious time away from those things. Giving away DVC is relevant in my opinions because it is helping to boost the economy. I too plan on starting a faucet when I get paid next month, after I invest in a decent mining rig. It's good to see someone new who is so enthused about the whole thing, just try to keep your posts short, concise, and to the point if you don't mind.

Oh, one more thing which may save you a lot of money.

I just found this out so before you mine anything look at the price of the coin and do the math after you find out how much time will take to mine just 1 block. 

For example, it would cost you more for just the electricity, let alone the cost of the new rig, to mine coins like namecoin, devcoin and IXcoin.  Probably a few others as well but these 3 which interest me the most, so I did the math, It's just not worth it which is why I just bought them and right now vircurex is probably the best exchange, if you're planning to buy digital coins, and if you don't trust their security just buy and transfer to your home computer.

Good luck.

weisoq

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:12:13 PM

...Oh, by the way, which designs did you mean were interesting, mine or my friends?  which ones in particular.  He's trying to narrow it down to just one.  Thanks
Ok yeah unthinkingbit's you man then. The designs - honestly I meant those of your friend. I think your design is interesting and orginal, but to incorporate it into anything digital it needs to be digital. That means every aspect of the design, the layering, the colours. How is anyone going to take the design and achieve that if you can't. Don't assume anyone here is a graphic artist, I think we all have to play on our own strengths as well as collaborate. The concepts you describe; they do mean something, which is great, but now imagine your design in the corner of a screen - a 5mm image visibility. I'm not sure it could represent mass recognition as a logo for devcoin in particular. It's more representative of, say, digital currency generally. I think the logo is about recognition foremost, real originality is not the thing, in fact as you've pointed out here there could be 1000s of cryto-currencies coming. Devcoin stands out for many reasons that others can't easily compete with, the logo isn't and doesn't have to be its wherewithall (but then I'm not a designer or marketer).

Your friend's designs, again yes they're interesting (and I think I mean primarily the top-left and bottom of the three posted). But again in the absence of somebody who wants to take up the idea it requires a digital solution. Today I imagine somebody looking at a design, a logo, and needing to convey immediately and perhaps differentiate between different designs. His designs, while in my opinion fantastically thought through and original, assumes somebody already knows a D and a C are represented and that a D and C means devcoin (not DC comics , or D&G etc). I had to look for a bit, then turn my head and aha, and I know all about devcoin. The bitcoin logo has evolved so without putting something formal togther now, perhaps his concepts could be part of the evolution of devcoin when he or somebody can take the designs and work with them once there's greater take up and likely recognition. The point is I like them, but will they mean anything to others.

Anyhow this all just my opinion though, because you asked, and I'm a newbie here too.
weisoq

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:20:32 PM

Oh that's great.

I just checked your link and those are the same links I downloaded from last time, but now the "32" is missing so I can't tell which one to download as none are listed as 64 either. 

Can somebody edit those 3 windows links and add 32 for the 32 bit and 64 for the 64bit so people don't download the wrong ones, unless the 32 bit info is in the link itself and I'm missing it?

Also, can I just download it on this same laptop on which I loaded the last one (which was probably 32 bit which may be causing the problem) or do I have to first delete everything on this laptop with the old client?  Problem is the wallet ID unthinkingbit has for the last round payout is from this wallet so I don't know if I can delete it.  IF not can I just download this new 64 bit version and just ignore the other one?

I'll wait and check back on it later, I'm really glad it's done though.  Thanks a lot.
Please read through what psybits wrote in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129563.msg2156249
If you've done this and the address you've given unthinkingbit still doesn't work, all I can think is that you've written it out wrong. Go into your wallet - right click on the box where your address is (this will highlight it) - copy - paste (ctrl v) this in a msg rather than manually typing it out.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:25:13 PM

@ Vlad2Vlad: STOP SPAMMING IN THIS THREAD!
Think before you write something, your trolling is extreme!
Cause otherwise you simply end up on the ignore list.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 02:28:30 PM

@ Vlad2Vlad: STOP SPAMMING IN THIS THREAD!
Think before you write something, your trolling is extreme!
Cause you otherwise simply end up on the ignore list.

You are classless.

Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: