Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 [773] 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
soapmodem

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:06:27 PM

Bitcoinorama:
I've been following your posts on Knc from the beginning, starting with the initial interview. I check the direct link to your posts before I check the general boards. That's how important you are here.

You seem like a really good guy, genuinely interested in Bitcoin and the btc economy and community and not just the money. And I know you trust the guys at Knc, they trust you, and you have a good relationship, and so on...but seriously, how far are you willing to go for these guys? It actually kinda hurts to see you coming under fire, and your integrity questioned.

The truth at the end of the day is that it's all about the result, and while KnC have put in a tremendous effort that's recognized by all, they're not delivering on a lot of counts. Shipping delays, boards catching on fire, voltage regulator cutbacks (8 to 4), firmware isssues ... the list goes on and on. It's like in football/soccer.. the team and manager can put in a great effort, pull out all the stops, but if at the end of the day they lose or get relegated, the fans are still unhappy, possibly even up in arms. And heads still roll, regardless of how hard they tried.

In all sincerity, can I suggest that you take a breather, have a pint, and consider just how much you're willing to give up for these guys? I think you should have a think about it, and be careful not to entangle/embroil yourself in something you wish you could get out of later but can't. You don't work for them, yet are going to great lengths to defend them and answer questions on their behalf. The truth is that THEY should be the ones trading exchanges with people on here and taking the heat, not you. I just don't want to see you turn into an Ineba-like figure and have your credibility and reputation comprimised or ruined altogether. That'd be a shame after the stellar shift you've put in - all on KnC's behalf.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:10:15 PM

300X Saturn order, paid July 11, in progress. Cool
364X Jupiter oder, paid July 15, in progress. Cool

One more week to ship?? Sad

Sh**!

Order #20xx paid june 12th, hosting, I have received neither account info to access my unit, nor compensation.

I've written two days ago to ask for info... no answer so far.

spiccioli
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:19:23 PM

Sh**!

Order #20xx paid june 12th, hosting, I have received neither account info to access my unit, nor compensation.

spiccioli

glad to see a 20xx order is now hosted/mining??, sorry you can't get into your miner yet spic...this means my order isn't too far behind I hope!
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:25:04 PM

Sh**!

spiccioli

glad to see a 20xx order is now hosted/mining??, sorry you can't get into your miner yet spic...this means my order isn't too far behind I hope!
It looks like all hosted customers are getting shafted and skipped over in the queue. It's a really messed up way to treat your loyal customers.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:26:21 PM

Rampion dev boxes are being sent out. I agreed to do that, so rest assured their packaging will be completed by yours truly Wink

Seriously? More boxes on my way?

That'd be great, but I don't think so Wink

spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:27:32 PM

Sh**!

spiccioli

I've paid for hosting but I have no idea if it is mining since I cannot access it and the address I've configured on KnC site is not mining.

So, for all I know my unit is still to be built, but units 1000 orders behind mine are already going out. Sad

spiccioli
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:29:20 PM

Sh**!

spiccioli

It looks like all hosted customers are getting shafted and skipped over in the queue. It's a really messed up way to treat your loyal customers.

Yeah,

btw hosting for six months was a hefty 2600 USD, so we're not talking about pocket change.

spiccioli
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 12:31:10 PM

2600 usd is a lot...
Competition takes much less, but here you are paying premium for no shipping instant 1day hashing without issues...
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:35:58 PM

Sh**!

spiccioli

Sorry to sound like a troll, but really, people who are paying for hosting instead of keeping their costs down to the tune of $3,960 per Jupiter, are not thinking though this very well. You have a tight window to get a positive ROI on ASICs, throwing away thousands for hosting, and you are obviously not all that concerned with maximizing profits anyway.

sbfree

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:41:42 PM

Sh**!

spiccioli

Yeah,

btw hosting for six months was a hefty 2600 USD, so we're not talking about pocket change.

spiccioli
sorry spiccioli, I misread your statement and thought you were already mining. Doesn't bode well then, and my earlier posting to bitcoinorama stands.

And just to reiterate, I don't hold bitcoinorama in any way responsible for the current status with KNC, nor do I expect anything from you. It just seems apparent that you have become the voice for both sides of this equation(endeavor). I was hoping that when they tested my unit, that the burn in would be done with our PRE-CONFIGURED POOLS/MINERS, and I was going to donate that to BITCOINORAMA, and had much much earlier suggested this, but it seems that the burn-in time is being done on a different pool?? Anyhow, if KNC AND US CUSTOMERS/INVESTORS can figure out a happy medium through your help 'orama, it certainly would not only be greatly appreciated but would obviously further solidify your credibility as a bitcoin proponent where ever that path may lead.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:43:53 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 01:05:11 PM by Bitcoinorama

Bitcoinorama:
I've been following your posts on Knc from the beginning, starting with the initial interview. I check the direct link to your posts before I check the general boards. That's how important you are here.

You seem like a really good guy, genuinely interested in Bitcoin and the btc economy and community and not just the money. And I know you trust the guys at Knc, they trust you, and you have a good relationship, and so on...but seriously, how far are you willing to go for these guys? It actually kinda hurts to see you coming under fire, and your integrity questioned.

The truth at the end of the day is that it's all about the result, and while KnC have put in a tremendous effort that's recognized by all, they're not delivering on a lot of counts. Shipping delays, boards catching on fire, voltage regulator cutbacks (8 to 4), firmware isssues ... the list goes on and on. It's like in football/soccer.. the team and manager can put in a great effort, pull out all the stops, but if at the end of the day they lose or get relegated, the fans are still unhappy, possibly even up in arms. And heads still roll, regardless of how hard they tried.

In all sincerity, can I suggest that you take a breather, have a pint, and consider just how much you're willing to give up for these guys? I think you should have a think about it, and be careful not to entangle/embroil yourself in something you wish you could get out of later but can't. You don't work for them, yet are going to great lengths to defend them and answer questions on their behalf. The truth is that THEY should be the ones trading exchanges with people on here and taking the heat, not you. I just don't want to see you turn into an Ineba-like figure and have your credibility and reputation comprimised or ruined altogether. That'd be a shame after the stellar shift you've put in - all on KnC's behalf.

Soapmodem, I take on board and appreciate what you are saying, and likewise please might I suggest you take a break from reading the armchair engineers and FUD spread around maliciously within this thread. Whilst I agree Murphy is yet omnipresent, I have always told it precisely how it is. If you are to receive a product that is being shipped from the day after chips were first received there will be a lack of refinement that will be ironed out. If you ask any real engineer about what is being undertaken here they will tell you unreservedly the magnitude of the work and achievement being undertaken, let alone at 28nm tech.

In essence you cannot have extreme performance, without extreme refinement, let alone at this speed to market. Within one week there is a working product, that has had some hiccups and the firmware revision have reached a point of stability for the most part. If you want a perfect hands-off consumer ready product than you're welcome to wait the standard average times of 12-18 months for 28nm tech. If you are willing to be proactive and responsive, than you'll be hashing sooner than anyone else with 28nm from another company.

The margins in the design, such as the 8vrms were in place to compensate for any design issues so the product could fly out of the door and into your hands. There will be ongoing revisions to the product over time, both physical, and firmware/software, that is a given as that aspect of the standard timeframe has been removed so you can hash with the product immediately. This is why the true ability of the product was consistently under promised. Few that have the product in hand are complaining.

It's also why there is a sudden desperation by competitors who have made unrealistic performance claims and delievry dates to badmouth KnC, and attempt to appease their audience, whilst beginning to backtrack on dates ahead of their dishonest claims being realised. My integrity can be questioned for all anyone likes, go for it. I've never lied. My integrity remains intact. You cannot argue honesty, and you cannot compete with lies.

In conclusion, as and when issues arise, and are being brought to our attention here, the logical responseis to do what any sane party would do, determine cause, and rectify the issue as soon as possible, without hinderence. It's unfortunate the Arctic fans appear to still loosen in transit. The boxes are being replaced with thicker reinforced cardboard, and new courier companies are being considered, however as I stated above they all now contract to third party delivery firms to handle ground collection and delivery, choosing to focus on the air transit and customs side. The guys that UPS send to the manufacturing fab, turn up in a variety of vehicles, and never with UPS branding. The PSU issue is unfortunate, but unless you want KnC to take the time to test every potential consumer PSU for concern, which would delay delivery further, the best that can be offered is an ongoing list of which PSUs create such fault, and which don't. They immediately flew in General Electrics Critical Power division to work on any complications.  I have the accurate description the GM guy gave me, but that's at KnC's office on my MacBook. The battery died whilst he was there yesterday and although I had the charger, I had left the UK->EU adapter plugged in the wall at the hotel I'm now at. That said the corsair HX850 is now known to elcit such an undesirable consequence due to the load initiated upon reset of the PSU and should be avoided. Could not have been predicted. Could once the chips were in hand every brand of PSU likely to have been used been tested on working devices running for significant periods of burn in time time whilst firmware is revised to a point of absolute perfection to satisfy a consumer audience? Sure. Does anyone here want to wait the length of time that would involve? No.

The Coolermaster V850 is without a doubt the most tested compliant PSU with so far no complications present as all the dev boxes, and the entire hosting facility is equipt throughout and there have been no issues since.

Hopefully within this next week everyone can be happily hashing as comfortably as the majority of those in possession of their units. Sam, and Andreas are at the hosting facility today and boards, and working with the pool configuration. Of the guys currently hosted, only six devices are under performing and that is being addressed, that includes DHenson, and one, or two of Bargraphics lot. Again this is not hosting all devices and offering a proportional piece of a shared hashrate like certain cloud based entities. This is each individual customer having access to their individual device configured by a rather complex API. Marcus and Michael drove back to the manufacturing facility today to oversee the physical production and deliveries personally, after handing the reigns over previously to concentrate on working alongside General Electric the last few days.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
sbfree

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:03:02 PM

just out of curiosity, is anyone SOLO mining out of RENO NEVADA??
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:04:44 PM

Well, we will see if they adress the compensation issue with their next update or not. I for one am pretty curious if they will honour UN trade law.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:09:16 PM

Orama,
Thanks for trying to keep things in perspective.

Check your PMs.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
sbfree

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:10:46 PM

Well, we will see if they adress the compensation issue with their next update or not. I for one am pretty curious if they will honour UN trade law.

Mota, I imagine you would be happy with something that would help remedy/rectify the current situation? Maybe btc, maybe extra hashing power (from what is currently provided), maybe missed hashing days/btc credit towards more hashing power??
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:15:14 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I lived in Reno for a while just out of high school. While everyone knows it as Nevada's other gambling mecca, it's not as well known just how much industry is there. In 1990 when I left, they were busily rebuilding their entire telephony net to handle the load. As of about 98, they had gone fully fibre optic. Power is relatively cheap there as well. It would be a good place to set up. Also doesn't hurt that Nevada and the city of Reno both have a huge amount of tax incentives for new businesses, no personal income tax and really low corporate taxes. It's a good place to do business.

Besides that, it's the kind of place where if you can't have fun, you simply don't know how Smiley
sbfree

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I lived in Reno for a while just out of high school. While everyone knows it as Nevada's other gambling mecca, it's not as well known just how much industry is there. In 1990 when I left, they were busily rebuilding their entire telephony net to handle the load. As of about 98, they had gone fully fibre optic. Power is relatively cheap there as well. It would be a good place to set up. Also doesn't hurt that Nevada and the city of Reno both have a huge amount of tax incentives for new businesses, no personal income tax and really low corporate taxes. It's a good place to do business.

Besides that, it's the kind of place where if you can't have fun, you simply don't know how Smiley

i guess the better question is who is solo mining out of reno nv?

and secondly, IS THIS KNC MINING POOL STARTING TO FIND BLOCKS...OH MY...Huh?  IP ADDRESS 85.230.50.37
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:38:06 PM

i guess the better question is who is solo mining out of reno nv?

and secondly, IS THIS KNC MINING POOL STARTING TO FIND BLOCKS...OH MY...Huh?  IP ADDRESS 85.230.50.37
Alas, problem #20 will probably begin shortly - DDoS. As much as I want my gear my heart does go out to them considering everything that could go wrong did go wrong AT THE SAME TIME.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:47:30 PM

Mota, I imagine you would be happy with something that would help remedy/rectify the current situation? Maybe btc, maybe extra hashing power (from what is currently provided), maybe missed hashing days/btc credit towards more hashing power??

Of course I would be happy with that. Who wouldn't? As long as the compensation is adequate.
In my first complaint against them I offered them to provide me with a satisfying solution, nothing came back. In my second email I stated that I am by law entitled to compensation for losses incurred and provided them with a number I think is adequate; again, I was ignored. I would have been pretty happy with a 50% voucher for a november order, or something along those lines; But since my first email was ignored and I still do not have even a shipping number for my day 2 shipping order  that is off the table as of Friday last week.  That's why I said I am curious; I prefer a solution that does not involve me having to go to court in Sweden.... (Although visiting Sweden again would be awesome, but not for that kind of reason)...
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:49:14 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 02:01:34 PM by The Avenger

That said the corsair HX850 is now known to elcit such an undesirable consequence due to the load initiated upon reset of the PSU and should be avoided.

Can you substiate this claim?

KNC newsletter:
"Power supply’s causing issues damage to some boards."

No concrete proof at all has been presented.

It seems now even KNC have taken to spreading FUD!

And as I pointed out yestereday, two (or maybe more) of the burners were not using HX850. KNC don't acknowledge this.

Do you know there is a data centre running 40 jupiters with HX850's for about week now??

That "is" something concrete.

The most likely cause of the burners is faulty components, plain and simple. All batches of components come with a few potential duds.

Neither you or KNC can admit it was a simple component failing or that you don't actually know the cause.

That said the corsair HX850 is now known to elcit such an undesirable consequence due to the load initiated upon reset of the PSU and should be avoided.

You have to come up with some FUD to pretend you know what caused the issue, and in doing so, cost many customers who purchased HX850 more money to replace them with something else, which could equally cause a problem.

You just love these statements of facts, with nothing to back them up.

Could once the chips were in hand every brand of PSU likely to have been used been tested on working devices running for significant periods of burn in time time whilst firmware is revised to a point of absolute perfection to satisfy a consumer audience?

As far as I'm aware (because we were not told, which would be KNC's responsibility to customers), you have not been able to reproduce the problem in your tests on a HX850, so this is more nonsense you like to argue, weaved in impossibly messy language.

(side note Tip No. 3 on simplifying your overblown language:

"Could we test every brand of PSU with a working device, to test to perfection, to satify everyone? No."

would read much better)

And get your facts straight. We are not a "consumer audience"! Check the KNC T&C's - we are being treated as business customers, so KNC can skimp on a full 2 year consumer warranty. This has been brought to your attention MANY times, so you are trolling to keep describing us as consumer audience.

I think a lot of KNC's bad attitude to updating us comes from thinking of us as annoying, idiot consumers. They should be treating us as shareholders, because we gave them the money to create their business. They wouldn't treat shareholders this way.

I have always told it precisely how it is.

You certainly like to big yourself up every time you post, but as you can see above, precision is not one of your strong points.

In conclusion, as and when issues arise, and are being brought to our attention here, the logical responseis to do what any sane party would do, determine cause, and rectify the issue as soon as possible, without hinderence.

Excellent! The main concern raised here today is the issue of compensation for delayed shipping. I take it you will pass this along to Sam and we can expect an update tomorrow, 14th October, agreeing to compensate 1.5BTC per day late (recalculated at next difficulty rise)?

We await a positive response.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Pages: « 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 [773] 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: