Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:55:25 AM

Are there any updates for the devcoin client?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:13:21 AM

To everyone, read this so you can help Devcoin become more widespread and valuable:http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_advertising_campaign

Incase anyone missed ^^this^^

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:27:32 AM

that's great man!  I can't wait to see what exactly I get cause I have no clue right now.

I just sent you an email with what my coin looks like so far.  take care.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:32:18 AM

To everyone, read this so you can help Devcoin become more widespread and valuable:http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_advertising_campaign

I'm scared to push on any links.  lol, seriously.  I downloaded ripple just to see a bright red add 2 hours later on here that ripple is a scam.  I'm gonna wait from now on for anything new.

Check out my first article, the first link in my list of links below my post - it gives an optimistic view of what I think will happen with these crypto currencies.  this is the article I wanna submit to seeking alpha since I tried to keep the currency talk on the same level as speculative stocks.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:46:11 AM

Hello, everyone, due to heavy load of faucet, ripple gateway and block explorer these days, I recently upgraded the sever running http://d.evco.in/ from a linode 1024 to 2048, that is, now we have 2G ram (and 20GB more disk space) that can run more *coind and apache process, so more people could be served at the same time now, cheers Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:52:41 AM

Hello, everyone, due to heavy load of faucet, ripple gateway and block explorer these days, I recently upgraded the sever running http://d.evco.in/ from a linode 1024 to 2048, that is, now we have 2G ram (and 20GB more disk space) that can run more *coind and apache process, so more people could be served at the same time now, cheers Smiley

your server has 2 gigs of ram total or you added 2 gigs of ram?  Sorry, but I thought we were now in the 16 gigs and higher computers.  Can you comment on the ripple advertisement I saw today, a big read ad which said ripple lied to you, ripple is a scam?  I'm a bit worried cause I downloaded ripple on both computers and gave them my email too.  Thanks

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:06:08 AM

I'm scared to push on any links.  lol, seriously.  I downloaded ripple just to see a bright red add 2 hours later on here that ripple is a scam.  I'm gonna wait from now on for anything new.

Check out my first article, the first link in my list of links below my post - it gives an optimistic view of what I think will happen with these crypto currencies.  this is the article I wanna submit to seeking alpha since I tried to keep the currency talk on the same level as speculative stocks.

Nice.

And that link just goes to devtome.

emfox

Activity: 276
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:07:04 AM

your server has 2 gigs of ram total or you added 2 gigs of ram?  Sorry, but I thought we were now in the 16 gigs and higher computers.  Can you comment on the ripple advertisement I saw today, a big read ad which said ripple lied to you, ripple is a scam?  I'm a bit worried cause I downloaded ripple on both computers and gave them my email too.  Thanks

2g ram in total, it's an always online virtual server, not physical computer at home, that's different.

ripple is a scam or not, yet not clear known, because it's so new that no body knows how and where it will go. And by defined 'scam' here, these people (advertising) means opencoin(the company behind ripple) sell ripples that (the advertising people think) is useless to you to earn money, but opencoin will not steal your infomation or money or other things directly from you, or your computer. so it's safe just to register account or give them email.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:48:45 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 07:01:07 AM by Unthinkingbit

Jasin made the devcoin portal:
http://devcoin.org/

For this he gets 6 shares from the portal bounty:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg2028266#msg2028266

He also gets 1/5 of a share for maintenance, as long as it's operating.

There is a remaining bounty of 3 shares for another portal. Only the first portal is the official portal. The remaining award for the second portal is just there in case someone happened to be working on another portal at the same time, and in case the first portal was abandoned. The second portal would not get links to it nor would the domain record be changed to point to it.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:59:58 AM

Thanks, if you guys notice any verbiage that should be changed let me know. I tried to condense it down as much as possible to essentials. There may be typos and such I completed a lot of it in the middle of the night.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
jasinlee

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:03:37 AM

ripple.com has a web wallet, not sure if there is a downloaded one I never looked. I wrote a short summary a few pages back, its a debt trading system. Remember AIG? Remember how they and other companies were using asset backed securities but with no asset? Remember hearing about companies selling debt? Thats essentially what ripple does, by default it just tracks debt against an unlimited supply of money (XRP in this case) which they print as many as they want of to get free money.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:29:09 AM

Are there any updates for the devcoin client?
Yes here: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin
Assuming you have windows, here's a recent discussion with some steps: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129563.msg2156249#msg2156249
weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:35:15 AM

No that's the number of times those words appear in the article, not the page views
weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:42:08 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 08:52:13 AM by weisoq

YAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

IT WAS a full day (1 day) of logged in time and then 101 posts cause on my 102'd I got my 3rd coin and am now a real man, a real full member.  man it feels great when you actually work for it.  Now I wonder if this transfers over to devtome so I can post graphs, pics and diagrams for some of the papers I write there or if this is totally separate from devtome.

I'll find out soon.  

And the links are showing at the bottom of my page which is nice although the 3 coin wallets I put aren't showing even though there's plenty of room.  I think maybe cause I left too much space to try and make it look nice.
Yes it's separate to devtome. To post gaphs, pics etc you need to use the correct syntax, some trial and error is involved. Check here: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:syntax
weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:51:00 AM

Thanks, if you guys notice any verbiage that should be changed let me know. I tried to condense it down as much as possible to essentials. There may be typos and such I completed a lot of it in the middle of the night.
Nice. Would be better to have a cleaner front page in my opinion, just some links to more and a summary, per bitcoin.org or similar. Also the step 2, for most people that will involve buying via vircurex/mcxnow so probably worth making that clear there rather than/as well as step 3? Could do with editing for grammar/spelling etc. Happy to go through it and post text, but I don't want to be taking the p!ss so let me know if you want that or plan on going through yourself later.
marticps

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:15:41 AM

Jasin made the devcoin portal:
http://devcoin.org/

For this he gets 6 shares from the portal bounty:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg2028266#msg2028266

He also gets 1/5 of a share for maintenance, as long as it's operating.

There is a remaining bounty of 3 shares for another portal. Only the first portal is the official portal. The remaining award for the second portal is just there in case someone happened to be working on another portal at the same time, and in case the first portal was abandoned. The second portal would not get links to it nor would the domain record be changed to point to it.

I like the idea, but I think that something more visual, without all this text, will be better as a homepage. New visitors don't want to see all this text when they enter for first time.
I started creating something but now I haven't got available time.

BTC: 1D8PbvnLDrfEC78Q7fbiqxvdm7kML4hiqT | DVC: 1GftqKkDcjAQzQT9544vzyPBYBY8FL6qQy
Share and grow: Creative Commons, Copyleft | Earn Devcoins by Writing
weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

Ok I had time now, may not have it later, so had a run through - added/deleted parts, and I think it would work best on cleaner subpages from the homepage, using newer logos. Obviously feel free to re-edit/bin it as you please, but thought it needed breaking up, tidying: (another thing, at least for windows users I'd recommend settling on one wallet as more than one option will only confuse the doubleclick generation, and I say that from experience).
------------------------
What are Devcoins?

Devcoin is an ethically inspired project based on the Bitcoin crypto-currency and created to help fund open source projects created by programmers, hardware developers, writers, musicians, artists, filmmakers and other ideas you may have.

Participants in the Devcoin economy earn Devcoins in proportion to their project development. Writers earn Devcoins by writing, developers earn Devcoins by developing, and artists earn Devcoins by creating. This reward principle follows for other categories of open-source development and includes administrators and marketers who work to organize and market the Devcoin project.

We consider funding open-source projects of all sorts. If you have an idea that requires funding and would like us to take a look please share it with the Devcoin community on our thread at the BitcoinTalk.org Forum and submit your project on Cryptostocks. We understand you may not want to discuss your idea in public. If that's the case, please submit it to (email).

Why Devcoins?

Devcoin aims to help fund open source projects, and all not necessarily related only to Devcoin. It’s worth your time and effort because it pays to be involved in the project. Direct payment for your development work or indirect payment as development is undertaken in the areas that matter to you.

By incentivising and rewarding time and effort spent working Devcoin supports real development and action today, rather than just the hope of an early mover payback tomorrow, ensuring sustainability.

There’s a growing community of people already regularly contributing to the growth and economy, people using Devcoins for payment and receipt, projects backed by existing Devcoin loans across the development and gaming community, and so Devcoin is here to stay.

How does Devcoin work?

The purpose of Devcoin is to distribute income to open-source developers for their work in as fair a manner as possible. Many open source developers do receive any significant return. Advertising, charity and consulting may provide income but many developers, and even those with projects utilised by thousands of clients, only receive a few dollars a month. In a typical modern economy approximately one percent goes to charity. That is not enough to support such efforts, people and projects.

As developers receive so little, they can only develop their projects in their spare time which slows developments significantly. Feature requests and critiques do not accelerate development, but money will.

Devcoins provide an income for everyone who wants to work. With Devcoin no one who wants to work need be completely out of income, as anyone who produces good work may receive Devcoins. There is no guarantee this will be a high income, but something is way better than nothing. By buying Devcoins you help developers and give the world more open source software, books, music, art, and film.

Evolution of Devcoin

Bitcoin was the world's first decentralized digital monetary system, in existence since January 3rd 2009, and the Bitcoin currency unit is now in use worldwide. Started in 2011, Devcoins are similarly created and controlled by advanced mathematics and cryptography.

No government, bank, or corporation owns or controls Devcoins or Bitcoins. Devcoins as a currency unit are created over time at a diminishing rate, but remain highly divisible. More technical and historical information may be found on Devcoin’s first open source revenue project, Devtome. (hypertext)

Devcoin differs from payment systems like Paypal because:

•It is decentralized; no group has monopoly control
•It is not tied to the US dollar or other national government currencies
•It is impossible to suffer charge-backs or frozen accounts
•It is relatively anonymous
•Fees are optional; you may pay to process your transactions slightly faster
•Devcoin gives people and communities a way to invest their money in and with open-source developers, with the option of withdrawing the money if needed.

Learn more about the donation philosophy on the devtome.com wiki.

Anyone in the world, of any age, in any country, for any purpose may start accepting and spending Devcoins immediately. It's an entirely free-market currency that every human on the planet may use. It returns the power of money to the people and away from the banks and the government.

The supply of Devcoins, like Bitcoins, is mathematically controlled at a pre-determined rate, and cannot be inflated beyond this. There is no sign-up or approval process. You can have a Devcoin account in under a minute.

Step 1: You need a Devcoin wallet. This is where your Devcoins are stored.

The Original Devcoin Client Wallet is free, open-source software. And here is a thread to help setting up the wallet.

For windows you can download the wallet application:

• Devcoin Windows32 Zip File
• Devcoin Experimental Windows32 Setup Exe
• Devcoin Windows32 Experimental Zip File
• Windows Bundle

For Mac/Apple you can download the wallet application:

• Mac OSX Devcoin

For Linux box you can download the wallet application:

• Latest Devcoin Files
• Sources for the linux graphical version

Information

• Debian Devcoin-qt
• Debian Devcoind
• Ubuntu Devcoind

Step 2: Getting Devcoins. This can be done in a variety of ways.

• The most common method would be to merge mine Devcoins with Bitcoins. There is at least one pool which merge mines Devcoins with Bitcoins:

1. The bitparking pool: MMPool.bitparking.com
2. You may also mine Devcoins as a secondary chain with P2Pool: P2Pool Forum thread

If you are mining Devcoins as a secondary chain, you will receive Devcoin blocks far more often than Bitcoin blocks, because the Devcoin hash rate is much lower than the Bitcoin hash rate. The mining portion of the Devcoin block is 5,000 Devcoins.

• The next method is via participation in the Devcoin open-source community:

1. Suggest your own development idea and/or join existing efforts (hypertext to devcoin bitcointalk.org thread)
2. Take advantage of the Devcoin Wiki where you can earn Devcoins by writing (hypertext).
3. You can also earn Devcoins by advertising (hypertext)

• A Devcoin ‘faucet’ (hypertext) where you may obtain some free Devcoins

• If you prefer to simply buy Devcoins from others, using Bitcoins or US Dollars, two exchanges offer this facility. Both incorporate a simple account to exchange and send Devcoins to and from your private wallet.

1. www.vircurex.com
2. www.mcxnow.com

Step 3: Spending Devcoins

The primary use of Devcoins is in project funding and as investment in yourself and a growing community where value is projected to grow longer-term as take up increases. There are other locations to purchase items with your newly acquired Devcoins, including the exchanges where you can convert your Devcoins to other currencies:

etc
jasinlee

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:18:19 PM

The "Official" logo should be chosen soon enough, when that happens I will update the page to reflect it. This site is only preliminary, psybits is going to be toying with graphics and "beautifying" it this week. I agree a simplified wording is necessary. I suggest someone make a page on devtome.com and everyone can edit, or even make separate pages and whichever everyone decides upon can be the final format. This page is simply a summary to be used as a public facing page until we are done. I would like it to remain easily displayed on mobile devices (which is why I stuck to the norm of bitcoin sites with twitter bootstrap).

Do we have a firm date on the logo voting? Also I suggest bounties for visually appealing graphics at request. Psybits seems competent in design so I would like him to spearhead that portion and get feedback and direction from everyone on how it should look/feel. Then he will have access to change the page itself. Any objections? Suggestions?

weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 03:38:39 PM by weisoq

The "Official" logo should be chosen soon enough, when that happens I will update the page to reflect it. This site is only preliminary, psybits is going to be toying with graphics and "beautifying" it this week. I agree a simplified wording is necessary. I suggest someone make a page on devtome.com and everyone can edit, or even make separate pages and whichever everyone decides upon can be the final format. This page is simply a summary to be used as a public facing page until we are done. I would like it to remain easily displayed on mobile devices (which is why I stuck to the norm of bitcoin sites with twitter bootstrap).

Do we have a firm date on the logo voting? Also I suggest bounties for visually appealing graphics at request. Psybits seems competent in design so I would like him to spearhead that portion and get feedback and direction from everyone on how it should look/feel. Then he will have access to change the page itself. Any objections? Suggestions?
Fair enough, just suggesting ideas, especially from a more general not-so-familiar-with-cryptos perspective. I'm happy to start a page in devtome - can call it what you have devcoin_org, headings representing sub pages with no one person affiliation and everybody can edit it as you say?

EDIT: STARTED HERE http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_org
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 02:36:47 PM

No that's the number of times those words appear in the article, not the page views

Where it says "Hits" that's not how many views it's got?

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: