Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:16:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What miner backend do you use with GUIMiner?
OpenCL (poclbm) - 1395 (47%)
Phoenix - 341 (11.5%)
ufasoft CPU miner - 172 (5.8%)
puddinpop RPC Miner - 43 (1.4%)
Other - 173 (5.8%)
Don't know - 846 (28.5%)
Total Voters: 2968

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum!  (Read 3231921 times)
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 04:10:32 PM

What is your url you use in the miner (exclude your password, of course)?

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dobrodav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 08:18:26 PM

You can use one miner account for both, but its recomended to have separate accounts fot that matter.

Hey noob question if I'm setting up a second GPU do I need to use a different miner in GUI miner or can I use the same miner account for both GPUs?

Thanks!

ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 09:49:36 PM

Can't mine at slush's pool. Gives me error during login and username must be in format <username><worker>. What must i do?

I believe the worker username is username.worker - the period there is very important.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
synthman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 01:37:52 AM

I believe the worker username is username.worker - the period there is very important.
Works with the dot. Thanks mate.
berate48

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 01:42:53 AM

Hi, I'm running an ATI 4870 with the very latest Catalyst+Stream SDK drivers.

The instant I clicked the exe, a blue screen of death came up saying something was wrong with atikmpag.sys.

Error is listed as:

Fault bucket X64_0x116_TdrBCR:2_Tdr:2_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys, type 0

This happen to anyone else? Any solution?
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 02:03:16 AM

When are you gonna release a version with the new deepbit address?

What new deepbit address...

Setting up software
GPU/CPU :: m0mchil's python miner
Example:
poclbm.exe -d1 --host=pit.deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=example@example.com --pass=password

GPU/CPU :: DiabloMiner java miner
Example:
java -cp target\libs\*;target\DiabloMiner-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar -Djava.library.path=target\libs\natives\windows com.diablominer.DiabloMiner.DiabloMiner -u example@example.com -p password -o pit.deepbit.net -r 8332 -g 5

Windows Example:
DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -u example@example.com -p password -o pit.deepbit.net -r 8332

CPU :: Ufasoft's SSE2 miner
Example:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 5 -o http://pit.deepbit.net:8332 -u example@example.com -p password
GPU :: Phoenix miner
Example:
phoenix -u http://login@gmail.com:password@pit.deepbit.net:8332 -k poclbm DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT WORKSIZE=128 AGGRESSION=11
(my emphasis)

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
piemaker16

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 03:44:55 PM

my CPU won't even come up and just says connecting for ever.

ONLY says no OpenCL Devices in the menu is this wrong?

Aspire 4741G
Intel Core i5-450M processor

Oh and tryed with BTCGuild with correct information

AND for GPU it won't show up either. i think i have open cl how do i check

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
(up to 2746MB TurboCache
Spectro

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 07:27:12 PM

Every time I stop mining, my display driver crashes. How can I fix this?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 07:54:14 PM

Im testing GUIMiner the first time but cant make it work with BTC Guild. It works fine when I use the normal Bitcoin Client without the GUIMiner.

I created an account at BTC Guild, put in my ID, created a Worker and locked the wallet. I took the worker name and put it int GUIMiner at Username. Then the workerpassword at password. I clicked refresh balance and added the API-String. No error. API seems to work. But when I click start it only says connecting without doing anything. No errormessage in console. I logged out in browser at BTC Guild but no change.

I dont know whats wrong...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ChemicalOli

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 08:50:16 PM

The -s feature is very attractive to me but unfortunately doesn't work. When I start the miner it gets as far as "Starting..." then just waits forever. Trying to manually start poclbm as follows...

poclbm.exe --user=XXXXX --pass=XXXXX -o http://bitcoins.lc -p 8332 -d0 --verbose -s 0.01

results in an error message....

poclbm.exe: error: no such option: -s

So it appears poclbm does not implement the -s feature.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 08:52:25 PM

Ok, I got it... I didnt realize that you cant run the software with the default tab...

compro01

Activity: 590

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 08:55:10 PM

The -s feature is very attractive to me but unfortunately doesn't work. When I start the miner it gets as far as "Starting..." then just waits forever. Trying to manually start poclbm as follows...

poclbm.exe --user=XXXXX --pass=XXXXX -o http://bitcoins.lc -p 8332 -d0 --verbose -s 0.01

results in an error message....

poclbm.exe: error: no such option: -s

So it appears poclbm does not implement the -s feature.

you must be running an older version of the miner.  it was just added a couple weeks ago.
DiB

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:04:16 PM

I don't really understand the -f flag. Could someone explain in plain to me?

it's basically the miner's priority setting.  the lower you set it, the higher the priority.  setting it to highest priority (-f 1) will generally eek out a little bit more hashing (5-10%), at the cost of slowing everything else to a crawl, whereas setting it lower will slow hashing a bit, but maintain responsiveness.

i run mine at -f 240 and it results in no performance hit in gaming.

Thank you for this concise explanation, it helped a lot.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 10:23:14 PM

I have 1,7MH/s with the standard Bitcoin-Client. But when using GUIMiner in Solomode or with BTC Guild i only have 1.1MH/s. I already tried stopping and adding the extra flags "-f 2" but no change. Is that normal?

Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 11:00:06 PM

I just got my new cards: 2x HD 6950 2GB flashed to 6970. Got them up and running at stock (800/1250) @ 300-350 Mhash/s

any tips for flags?

Running catalyst 11.5b or whatever newest on guru3d is.

try with and without vectorization which is -v
and the rest -w64 -f1

one of my machines does better with vectors and the other without them...almost the same hardware and same software packages

I would use -v -w 128 without hesitation.  Consider starting with a higher value such as -f 60 for a work station used for other things or -f 30 for a dedicated machine.  Then, after a time, if all is well, lower the -f value in 5 or 10 increments and again let it go for a time.  I have found that even on my dedicated windows machines [one Win7 x64 and one Vista x64 with Catalyst 11.5], that -f 1 sometimes causes a lock up if you login to your locked console [which you should be locking] and as the monitor powers up and the screen comes to life and I moved the mouse too quickly ... boom.   Totally frozen.  Actually, I think it was still mining, but there was nothing that could be done with the computer until I power cycled it [once, pressing power teased the OS into a graceful shutdown, but the other time, I had to hard power cycle].  So, careful with starting with too low a value for -f; I decided on -f 10 on my dedicated machines since any differences going to -f 1 were pretty much neglible.  Also, turn Aero off for your dedicated machines and even your multiple use machine if you don't mind having it off [I kind of like it and find it useful and productive as I can see through the window borders meaning I can make just a little better use of my real estate or other niceties that transparency can provide].

BTW ... I use -f 30 for my workstation [which gets used all day for work].  I think it would work even lower [although I use poclbm command line, not the GUIMiner].  For 69xx series, I recommend using poclbm executable and not phoenix.  But for 58xx series [and probably 59xx series], I suggest using phoenix using the phatk kernel as the difference in hash rate [more than 3% on my 5850 cards] more than makes up for the stale shares issue with phoenix [which I hope they fix soon].

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
liveblues

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:59:34 AM

a'ight questions:

(yes I read through this first)

1)I am assuming that the gui miner is intelligent nuff to pick up my wallet ID from my Bitcoin client?
 - have been mining for a month now, I know it takes months solo but just wanted to make sure I didnt miss an input box where I am supposed to put my wallet id, and months of GPU power go bye bye Wink

2) why does it show difficulty 1? the calculater pulls a difficulty value of 434882.72175 atm, shouldnt my miner be on the same level?

cheers
blues
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 01:02:03 AM

a'ight questions:

1)I am assuming that the gui miner is intelligent nuff to pick up my wallet ID from my Bitcoin client?
 - have been mining for a month now, I know it takes months solo but just wanted to make sure I didnt miss an input box where I am supposed to put my wallet id, and months of GPU power go bye bye Wink

2) why does it show difficulty 1? the calculater pulls a difficulty value of 434882.72175 atm, shouldnt my miner be on the same level?

cheers
blues

If you are mining solo, then your bitcoin client will pull down the entire block to work on.  Difficulty determines the size of the block [on average].  Your miner is dumb and doesn't care.  Don't worry what your miner says about difficulty [speaking of, what miner does display difficulty?].

Your bitcoin client always has a "default" address shown in the main window.  You can create a new one at any time or simply pull up an existing one from your address book.   That is where your payment will be sent.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 03:07:00 AM

I found that rpcminer-4way was the problem that resulted in only 1.1MHash/s. When using rpcminer-cpu.exe it runs with 1.8MHash/s.

But still i think something is wrong.

I have a Geforce 9600M GT which should be capable of Cuda. I tested with GPU Caps Viewer and it should be enabled. But i think its only my CPU that is working not my GPU.

When i run the normal bitcoin-client i can set the number of processors that should hash. I have a dualcore CPU. When I set the number of cpu-cores used to 1 then... I have around half the MHash/s. Taskmanager shows 3/4 of cpu used while it was 100% before.

When looking into this list to find my GPU: http://pastebin.com/AvymGnMJ there are no M-Version of it which is the portable Version of the GPU but the Desktopversion 9600 GT. And this version should make 15.66 MHash/s. So probably my GPU doesnt do anything.

Why is that? Or did I interprete something wrong?

Whatever Extra Flag im trying to set doesnt have an effect it seems.

While I have a NVidia I should use rpcminer-cuda.exe isnt it? But when I do this GUIMiner pretends to work but I think it doesnt work. Because when I run -cpu.exe I get 1.8 to 1.7MHash/s and the value is changing. But when I use the cuda.exe after that it looks like its working but only shows the last working MHash/s-Number. 1.8MHash/s. It doesnt change. When I ran 4way.exe before that... and 4way is slower with 1.1MHash/s and run cuda.exe afterwards it shows constantly 1.1MHash/s. Thats probably not correct. So it looks like its doing something but it doesnt. And CUDA doesnt work too I think.

Someone nows whats happening?

DrReaper

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:03:28 AM

How can I completely uninstall Guiminer to reinstall? Every time I stop mining it crashes my computer. My Wifes computer which is an exact hardware copy of mine works fine. Mine worked until the other day then it will start and mine but won't pause. It locks up the time on the system. Complete freeze on pause or stop.
I have deleted appdata, roaming, bitcoin, I have deleted the GUIminer folder. I am missing some files somewhere. Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
liveblues

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:14:11 AM

a'ight questions:

cheers
blues

If you are mining solo, then your bitcoin client will pull down the entire block to work on.  Difficulty determines the size of the block [on average].  Your miner is dumb and doesn't care.  Don't worry what your miner says about difficulty [speaking of, what miner does display difficulty?].

Your bitcoin client always has a "default" address shown in the main window.  You can create a new one at any time or simply pull up an existing one from your address book.   That is where your payment will be sent.

hey mate

if I run the GUIminer (build 2011-5-21) in the solo mode, it will show Difficulty: <value> in the bottom.

I am aware that the "core" bitcoin client has a default address inbuilt, I just wanted to confirm that once the guiminer solves a block, it communicates properly with the original client and credits me on my default wallet id. I simply dont know the event (I am assuming the original bitcoin client shows me 50 credit Tongue) that will happen once I solve something successfully.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: