Happy Canada Day everyone! A new version of the miner is available; I've updated the download link on the first post, or you can get it here: guiminer-20110701.exe (self-extracting archive)Changes:
- Updated poclbm (OpenCL miner) backend to the latest version which has built-in fallback support and slightly improved performance using a modified phatk kernel. Big thanks to m0mchil and all who submitted code for this. This version should be a few percent faster on most graphics cards.
- Update Phoenix backend to version 1.50.
- Add many more pools to the server list, including separate servers for BTC Guild.
- Default CPU affinity changed to be CPU 0 only instead of all CPUs.
- Display of GHash shows more decimal places (requested by hawks5999).
- When you save miner settings it remembers the GUI size and position for future runs (requested by goozman96).
- Removed weird characters in console log of Phoenix miner.
- Error handling: If settings file could not be read, recover gracefully instead of raising a JSON error.
- Error handling: If no OpenCL devices exist, recover gracefully instead of raising AssertionError.Fallback support in poclbm/OpenCL miner:
In the flags, specify the --backup argument with the info of the backup pool. For example if I want to fallback to my account on slush's pool, I would write:
That's all you need for basic fallback support. You can tweak it with these options:
--failback=N attempt to fail back to the primary pool every n getworks, default 2
--tolerance=N use fallback pool only after N consecutive connection errors, default 2
In the future this might be more tightly integrated into the GUI but I don't want to make the GUI too complicated for things that a lot of users don't need.