Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LinuxCoin A lightweight Debian based OS with everything ready to go.  (Read 285063 times)
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:32:51 AM

AMDOverdriveCtrl is pretty buggy.  the -b flag doesn't engage the custom fan profile in the .ovdr file.  Also, when creating a custom .ovdr profile, the clock setting would revert back to whatver default level was set in the gui.  Settling on aticonfig commands ended up being the way to go.

AMDOverdriveCtrl is rock solid. As I said you need to set the fanspeed in the GUI in order to be saved in the profile, but you can edit the file and do it yourself.

The big advantage of AMDOverdriveCtrl is that it lets you change the voltage, either overvolting fro more speed or undervolting for less consumption, while aticonfig does not. Also, personally I find that being able to save a profile is more confortable and quick, but that is jus me.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pdawg

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:41:55 AM

I was trying to get the fan speed profile to work (auto control) based on temps.  Even though it was set in the .over file the -b flag would not engage it.  I did not try a static fan speed setting.  Another thing, I have one card that doesn't like being clocked at 1000 so I set a .over profile at 950, it would spit out that it was seting the clock at 950, followed by output stating it was set back to 1000.  Maybe I am doing something g wrong but I could not get different clock profiles to run concurrently on different cards.

Folax

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:20:35 AM

AMDOverdriveCtrl is pretty buggy.  the -b flag doesn't engage the custom fan profile in the .ovdr file.  Also, when creating a custom .ovdr profile, the clock setting would revert back to whatver default level was set in the gui.  Settling on aticonfig commands ended up being the way to go.

AMDOverdriveCtrl is rock solid. As I said you need to set the fanspeed in the GUI in order to be saved in the profile, but you can edit the file and do it yourself.

The big advantage of AMDOverdriveCtrl is that it lets you change the voltage, either overvolting fro more speed or undervolting for less consumption, while aticonfig does not. Also, personally I find that being able to save a profile is more confortable and quick, but that is jus me.
This is also my experience: do your settings in the GUI, leave it running, save the profile, edit profile with leafpad and adjust the numbers outside the (BIOS) limits. Save, reload profile and you're good to go.

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
14wG6u2bAD9q1nLmLL9MST1ZzbTE9Pt8nG
Rino

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:06:21 PM

Hi, i am pretty bad at configuring linux, how do i get 0.2.1b to work without physical display? ssh works  but i cant start anything gpu-related from it. I tried DISPLY=:0, 0.1, it doesnt work.
Currently i am running 0.2a, it workes fine there and i use x11vnc to monitor stuff(everything on one screen and keeping ssh open caused 30% stales (i dont know why...)). Cant get x11vnc to work on 0.2.1b too.
drgr33n (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:23:00 PM

Hi, i am pretty bad at configuring linux, how do i get 0.2.1b to work without physical display? ssh works  but i cant start anything gpu-related from it. I tried DISPLY=:0, 0.1, it doesnt work.
Currently i am running 0.2a, it workes fine there and i use x11vnc to monitor stuff(everything on one screen and keeping ssh open caused 30% stales (i dont know why...)). Cant get x11vnc to work on 0.2.1b too.

Remote desktop is pre setup you just need to tick the box to say you want to allow connections. Check out system in linuxcoin's menu. If you want to run ssh to monitor your cards there are a couple of things you need to do.

First I would change the password on the root account. Makes life easier and no security is needed really for a mining box.

Code:
ssh user@myip
sudo su
passwd root
xhost +
chmod uog+rw /dev/dri/card*

Now you can login as root and use your cards

Code:
ssh root@myip
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:58:30 AM

Little image of what I've got running atm Grin LinuxCoin running from my laptop acting as a server. My home mining box has everything unpluged except GPGPU's / proc / memory Going to do some power consumption & stability tests over the next few days.

mikeo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:08:34 AM

Noob question: Does the remote machine logging onto the LinuxCoin desktop have to be running Linux? How does the remote machine need to be setup?
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:11:18 AM

Noob question: Does the remote machine logging onto the LinuxCoin desktop have to be running Linux? How does the remote machine need to be setup?

No, and with your favorite VNC client, respectively.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
hugolp
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:10:12 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 08:25:39 AM by hugolp

I was trying to get the fan speed profile to work (auto control) based on temps.  Even though it was set in the .over file the -b flag would not engage it.  I did not try a static fan speed setting.

Yes, that is the only option that does not work. It only works with the GUI on, dont know why. I have opened a bug, maybe you can add a comment so it picks the attention of the developer: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3322352&group_id=387278&atid=1609264

But aticonfig does not allow this option neither (as far as I know).

Another thing, I have one card that doesn't like being clocked at 1000 so I set a .over profile at 950, it would spit out that it was seting the clock at 950, followed by output stating it was set back to 1000.  Maybe I am doing something g wrong but I could not get different clock profiles to run concurrently on different cards.

Are you setting it in the right performance level? Also, you can not set a gpu speed lower than the previous performance level. F.e. if performance level 1 has gpu speed at 975Mhz, you can not set pu in performance level 2 a gpu speed of 950Mhz. To have a pgu speed of 950Mhz on performance level 2, set the gpu speed in performance level 1 under 950Mhz.

In general you should not have a higher setting for anything, gpu spped, memory speed or voltage, in a lower performance level.

One more thing, it does not affect mining apparently, but it is also recommended that the memory speed is the same in all performance level, specially in the card connected to the screen (if any).

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
R A D I X

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Xer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:16:38 PM

Any plans on integrating cdhowies FMP (Flexible Mining Proxy) into linuxcoin? with the way the current major pools go up and down like jojos it might be useful to have the proxy on a easy to use distro.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=5506.0
hugolp
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:33:46 PM

Any plans on integrating cdhowies FMP (Flexible Mining Proxy) into linuxcoin? with the way the current major pools go up and down like jojos it might be useful to have the proxy on a easy to use distro.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=5506.0

Poclbm has an option for backup servers now, so no need to configure proxies or anything else. It also has the phatk kernel.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
R A D I X

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
TripHammer

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:25:05 PM

First off awesome job!

I have a slight issue, I got LinuxCoin 0.2.1b up and running from a USB with the 1G persistence file, but every time I start a Phoenix miner I get a python depreciated warning. Has anyone else seen that?
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:38:12 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 05:14:10 PM by drgr33n

First off awesome job!

I have a slight issue, I got LinuxCoin 0.2.1b up and running from a USB with the 1G persistence file, but every time I start a Phoenix miner I get a python depreciated warning. Has anyone else seen that?

Just a warning don't worry its go to do with phoenix need to be modded slightly to come up to date with pyopencl. It wont affect anything Cheesy

Just for fun who wants to monitor my LinuxCoin PXE mock cluster ? lol

http://94.197.175.14/monitor/

It's going to be online for 24 hours for a stability test. Next I'm going to be holding a competition Cheesy Who can hack linuxcoin for a reward Wink
TripHammer

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:42:30 PM

Nice, very nice!  Grin
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:46:59 PM

Nice, very nice!  Grin

and not a hdd in sight Cheesy that box is running 0.2.1b with my new PXE scripts. will be releasing soon Wink
TheMoneyStorm

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:25:33 PM

and not a hdd in sight Cheesy that box is running 0.2.1b with my new PXE scripts. will be releasing soon Wink

Super Sweet Dr. Green (we don't need no stinkin hdd's) Grin, Awesome work man.
TripHammer

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:56:54 PM

Do you have an ETA on the new release? I'm rebuilding my rig want to know how long I have to get it ready Smiley

Also how do you create the live-rw files? any chance of a 4G one?

Thanks Dude!
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 12:13:30 AM

Super Sweet Dr. Green (we don't need no stinkin hdd's) Grin, Awesome work man.

wtf... I've been thinking his name was some effed up version of dragon and when you said dr green his handle almost bitch slapped me!

hahaha Cheesy why ? Have are path'd crossed before ?

PS: had to take the PXE server down I need my laptop Cheesy Just wanted to demo some of the potential of this PXE stuff in such difficult times literally Cheesy
EnzoMatrix

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 12:33:50 AM

First off awesome job!

Just a warning don't worry its go to do with phoenix need to be modded slightly to come up to date with pyopencl. It wont affect anything Cheesy

It's going to be online for 24 hours for a stability test. Next I'm going to be holding a competition Cheesy Who can hack linuxcoin for a reward Wink

You should include the option to monitor a mining setup such as the link you provided for your setup
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 12:38:01 AM

First off awesome job!

You should include the option to monitor a mining setup such as the link you provided for your setup

On it's way Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: