Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LinuxCoin A lightweight Debian based OS with everything ready to go.  (Read 285063 times)
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 06:22:20 AM

Did the svn update thing on a completely new install and get the same error as before:

Code:
root@linuxcoin:/opt/miners/phoenix# ./phoenix.py -u http://mylogin:mypass@pit.deepbit.net:8332 -k phatk DEVICE=0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./phoenix.py", line 123, in <module>
    miner.start(options)
  File "/opt/miners/phoenix/Miner.py", line 77, in start
    self.kernel = self.options.makeKernel(KernelInterface(self))
  File "./phoenix.py", line 112, in makeKernel
    self.kernel = kernelModule.MiningKernel(requester)
  File "kernels/phatk/__init__.py", line 132, in __init__
    platforms = cl.get_platforms()
pyopencl.LogicError: clGetPlatformIDs failed: platform not found khr

Tried out DiabloMiner as well:

Code:
root@linuxcoin:/opt/miners/DiabloMiner# ./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u mylogin -p mypass -o pit.deepbit.net -r 8332
[7/16/11 6:19:33 AM] Started
[7/16/11 6:19:33 AM] Connecting to: http://pit.deepbit.net:8332/
[7/16/11 6:19:34 AM] ERROR: No OpenCL platforms found

Also, once I get this actually working.... you will definitely be getting a donation for the help.

Also:
Code:
root@linuxcoin:~# AMDOverdriveCtrl -h | grep active
INF: Adapter index: 0, active, ID:17299440, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
INF: Adapter index: 3, active, ID:17908672, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 

Get that out.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:33:24 AM

Got it working....  had to do the stuff listed in section 2.2 here.  Didn't see any of the env variables set before hand.
drgr33n (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:20:29 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2011, 04:47:18 PM by drgr33n

Final testing / benchmarking in progress Wink better late than never hey !! Once complete just got to add the HDD installer and it looks like we are good to go !! Stand by for more info.

Got it working....  had to do the stuff listed in section 2.2 here.  Didn't see any of the env variables set before hand.

Lol no you didn't you needed to accept the license agreement again Cheesy

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 09:52:48 PM

Final testing / benchmarking in progress Wink better late than never hey !! Once complete just got to add the HDD installer and it looks like we are good to go !! Stand by for more info.

Got it working....  had to do the stuff listed in section 2.2 here.  Didn't see any of the env variables set before hand.

Lol no you didn't you needed to accept the license agreement again Cheesy

It was the env variables that seemed to fix it up for me.  That install stopped working after a bit too, I'll just try it out at a later release I think.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:00:33 PM

On the latest image I get this whenever I try and run an aticonfig command :

ERROR - X needs to be running to perform ATI Overdrive(TM) commands.

What are the boot options for a failsafe persistent boot Huh
gdomod

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 02:28:42 PM

Did the svn update thing on a completely new install and get the same error as before:

Code:
root@linuxcoin:/opt/miners/phoenix# ./phoenix.py -u http://mylogin:mypass@pit.deepbit.net:8332 -k phatk DEVICE=0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./phoenix.py", line 123, in <module>
    miner.start(options)
  File "/opt/miners/phoenix/Miner.py", line 77, in start
    self.kernel = self.options.makeKernel(KernelInterface(self))
  File "./phoenix.py", line 112, in makeKernel
    self.kernel = kernelModule.MiningKernel(requester)
  File "kernels/phatk/__init__.py", line 132, in __init__
    platforms = cl.get_platforms()
pyopencl.LogicError: clGetPlatformIDs failed: platform not found khr

Tried out DiabloMiner as well:

Code:
root@linuxcoin:/opt/miners/DiabloMiner# ./DiabloMiner-Linux.sh -u mylogin -p mypass -o pit.deepbit.net -r 8332
[7/16/11 6:19:33 AM] Started
[7/16/11 6:19:33 AM] Connecting to: http://pit.deepbit.net:8332/
[7/16/11 6:19:34 AM] ERROR: No OpenCL platforms found

Also, once I get this actually working.... you will definitely be getting a donation for the help.

Also:
Code:
root@linuxcoin:~# AMDOverdriveCtrl -h | grep active
INF: Adapter index: 0, active, ID:17299440, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series  
INF: Adapter index: 3, active, ID:17908672, ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series  

Get that out.

u just need to extract the the icd-registration.tgz, i dont know the absolute path

tar xvfz /opt/AMD-APP-SDK-v2.4-lnx64/icd-registration.tgz -C /
Jen4538

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:08:20 PM

if anyone is useing linuxcoin with persistence and smartcoin please send me a PM with a guide on how you made it work in detail please.   so far for me i cant make it work even though its installed ,  when you type in smartcoin it doesnt start just says command unknown or something to the effect

Jen
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 04:20:05 PM by drgr33n

Sorry about the delayed release of 0.2-final but I can assure you guys it will be worth the wait Wink Further optimizations in progress !! Also slimming down the ISO and trying to get it down to CD size again.

lots of other improvements like more wireless support, Lots more hardware support, faster system and tweaked custom kernel Wink I'm hoping for a very fast system with lightning speed mining Cheesy

Also if anyone got any weird PM's or anything from my account here on saturday night my apologies. Someone gained access to my account and posted some abuse on this post. I don't know if anything else was done ? Serves me right for leaving my forum password the same as my password on mtgox Sad

if anyone is useing linuxcoin with persistence and smartcoin please send me a PM with a guide on how you made it work in detail please.   so far for me i cant make it work even though its installed ,  when you type in smartcoin it doesnt start just says command unknown or something to the effect

Jen

Here's the procedure most take to get smartcoin working in 0.2.1b.

Code:
cd /opt/smartcoin
svn update
bash ./smartcoin_install.sh
smartcoin

Jen4538

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:41:20 PM

Jen
[/quote]

Here's the procedure most take to get smartcoin working in 0.2.1b.

Code:
cd /opt/smartcoin
svn update
smartcoin

[/quote]

guess i dont know what i am doing then as it wont work still

svn update fails to work or asks for permissions or something

skipping that steps the rest starts to install then errors past donation time

then smartcoin is unknown command at end

so i am looking for a complete guide on how to install smartcoin , 

Jen
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 05:25:17 PM

You need root privileges before begining. Open a root terminal or

Code:
sudo su

Then same as before
Jen4538

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:05:48 PM

Code:
sudo su

Then same as before

root@linuxcoin:/home/user# sudo su
root@linuxcoin:/home/user# cd /opt/smartcoin
root@linuxcoin:/opt/smartcoin# svn update
Conflict discovered in 'smartcoin_monitor.sh'.
Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
        (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
        (s) show all options:

same problem as before ,  i will try a new install then and retry again maybe its just me not doing something else right.   

Jenette

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:33:54 PM

OpenCL tweaks yielding around 0.2% improvement in hashing power. Now for the kernel tweaks !!

Code:
sudo su

Then same as before

(s) show all options:

same problem as before ,  i will try a new install then and retry again maybe its just me not doing something else right.   

Jenette

Yup delete / download and install again. Seems like a problem when SVN tries to update smartcoin.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 11:00:29 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 11:25:28 PM by PulsedMedia

i have the same adapter not found errors with 0.21b, the older a version worked fine.

Works only on 1 machine, couple others does not work.

Also on top of that, if i do not have monitor plugged in while booting, when i plug it in it complains "Video mode not supported", meaning it's running resolution beyond the tiny old Dell LCD i'm using.

So i'm mostly running the older version as the newer version does not work at all for me.
Trying the above mentioned -> http://developer.amd.com/sdks/amdappsdk/assets/ati_stream_sdk_installation_notes.pdf section 2.2

EDIT: Typing all kinds of special characters on US keymap wasn't my idea of fun, it's just easier to use old version or roll my own in the next upcoming weeks than fool around with something obviously broken.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:51:29 PM

i have the same adapter not found errors with 0.21b, the older a version worked fine.

Also on top of that, if i do not have monitor plugged in while booting, when i plug it in it complains "Video mode not supported", meaning it's running resolution beyond the tiny old Dell LCD i'm using.

So i'm mostly running the older version as the newer version does not work at all for me.
Trying the above mentioned -> http://developer.amd.com/sdks/amdappsdk/assets/ati_stream_sdk_installation_notes.pdf section 2.2

EDIT: Typing all kinds of special characters on US keymap wasn't my idea of fun, it's just easier to use old version or roll my own in the next upcoming weeks than fool around with something obviously broken.

Why are you plugging in a monitor after booting ? http://developer.amd.com/sdks/amdappsdk/assets/ati_stream_sdk_installation_notes.pdf section 2.2 refers to you accepting the license agreement. You can do this manually or click the handy little icon in system called ATI license agreement. Also how is something broken because you have to change the keymap to suit your liking ? Sorry but bad workman blames his tools springs to mind Cheesy
PulsedMedia

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 12:00:04 AM

Why are you plugging in a monitor after booting ? http://developer.amd.com/sdks/amdappsdk/assets/ati_stream_sdk_installation_notes.pdf section 2.2 refers to you accepting the license agreement. You can do this manually or click the handy little icon in system called ATI license agreement. Also how is something broken because you have to change the keymap to suit your liking ? Sorry but bad workman blames his tools springs to mind Cheesy

I did accept the SDK -.- I tried from terminal, and from system, and as a regular user etc.
and keymap has nothing to do with being broken. Being broken has everything to do with the drivers not working anymore. There are also other minor bugs and glitches which are annoyances.

Also a bad workman is someone who does not recognize when tools are broken, or does not recognize when a better one is required.

Plugging monitor after booting -> when you boot up say 5 machines from cold, are YOU going to wait for one to boot up individually, or power up all at the sametime?
Or if you meant "why would you need monitor after booting up", maybe starting the miner and verifying clocks. Didn't intend to just idle those machines.

aticonfig can see the adapters, but not phoenix, or amdoverdrivectrl etc. complains lack of ATI drivers. i used aticonfig initialize, but that is to no avail -> restarting X causes only a black screen, won't come back.

I would call that broken, when out of box advertised features do not work, not even after sensible amount of research & trying, whereas a older tool works as expected Smiley

Btw, Ad hominem is an argumentation mistake, quite an serious one.

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:19:57 AM

I did accept the SDK -.- I tried from terminal, and from system, and as a regular user etc.
and keymap has nothing to do with being broken. Being broken has everything to do with the drivers not working anymore. There are also other minor bugs and glitches which are annoyances.

Also a bad workman is someone who does not recognize when tools are broken, or does not recognize when a better one is required.

Plugging monitor after booting -> when you boot up say 5 machines from cold, are YOU going to wait for one to boot up individually, or power up all at the sametime?
Or if you meant "why would you need monitor after booting up", maybe starting the miner and verifying clocks. Didn't intend to just idle those machines.

aticonfig can see the adapters, but not phoenix, or amdoverdrivectrl etc. complains lack of ATI drivers. i used aticonfig initialize, but that is to no avail -> restarting X causes only a black screen, won't come back.

I would call that broken, when out of box advertised features do not work, not even after sensible amount of research & trying, whereas a older tool works as expected Smiley

I'm not starting an argument just pointing out that you didn't post anything about your hardware or what you are doing you just picked things out and posted complaining about them. How am I meant to make linuxcoin better if everyone just posted "it don't work" ?

You screen won't work after you boot because the configuration is generated on the fly but can be set in the xorg configuration file. If you was a competent linux user you would know this and edit your configuration files accordingly.  But no you come here to say it don't work without asking anyone about the issues you was having. I reiterate a bad workman always blames his tools.

If you have a question or a problem with linuxcoin then ask away there are lots of helpful people here that give up their time for free to help people out. What I'm not interested in is people posting rants on this thread moaning about broken machines and not posting anything useful

This isn't a linuxcoin issue it's just how the drivers work. why can't you just VNC into the machines ?.

What GPU's are you using that doesn't work ? There is a bug with how the configuration file is generated. This is fixed in the final version. If this is affecting you and your persistent you can copy and paste the following into /etc/init.d/fglrx

Code:
#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/fglrx
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          fglrx
# Required-Start:      $all
# Required-Stop:       $all
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start/stop fglrx
# Description:       Start/stop fglrx
### END INIT INFO

case "$1" in
  start)
    echo "Configuring fglrx."
    if [ -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf ]; then
        echo "Configuration found !! Skipping."
    else
        aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all # Configure GPGPU
    fi
    ;;
  stop)
    echo "Cleaning up fglrx configuration"
#   not used in this version !!
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/fglrx {start|stop}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0

and reboot. If anyone is having problems with linuxcoin don't just post it don't work. Post as much information about your system as possible and any error messages. sorry if i'm blunt you've caught me on a bad day Wink

Jen4538

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:39:00 AM

new install linuxcoin

linuxcoin , persistent  8gb usb flash drive
agreed to sdk

useing root terminal these commands below

sudo su
cd /opt/smartcoin
svn update

(s) show all options:

smartcoin

Jen

PulsedMedia

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 12:44:01 AM

I'm not starting an argument just pointing out that you didn't post anything about your hardware or what you are doing you just picked things out and posted complaining about them. How am I meant to make linuxcoin better if everyone just posted "it don't work" ?

You screen won't work after you boot because the configuration is generated on the fly but can be set in the xorg configuration file. If you was a competent linux user you would know this and edit your configuration files accordingly.  But no you come here to say it don't work without asking anyone about the issues you was having. I reiterate a bad workman always blames his tools.

If you have a question or a problem with linuxcoin then ask away there are lots of helpful people here that give up their time for free to help people out. What I'm not interested in is people posting rants on this thread moaning about broken machines and not posting anything useful

This isn't a linuxcoin issue it's just how the drivers work. why can't you just VNC into the machines ?.

What GPU's are you using that doesn't work ? There is a bug with how the configuration file is generated. This is fixed in the final version. If this is affecting you and your persistent you can copy and paste the following into /etc/init.d/fglrx

Code:
#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/fglrx
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
### END INIT INFO

case "$1" in
  start)
    else
    fi
    ;;
  stop)
    ;;
  *)
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0

and reboot. If anyone is having problems with linuxcoin don't just post it don't work. Post as much information about your system as possible and any error messages. sorry if i'm blunt you've caught me on a bad day Wink

Now you are trying to just annoy me.
"If you was a competent linux user you would know this and edit your configuration files accordingly.". I do admit i don't use it on desktop - because it sucks as desktop if you need to get work done, but that is quite an insult. I probably have 100x the experience you do (I do happen to manage hundreds of servers).

Systems in question which i've tried:

ASUS P5LD2SE Mobo
Celeron 2.66Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR2 667
PowerColor HD5830
Kingston USB Stick for boot

Another System:
ABIT IN9 mobo (their flagship before they went bust)
Core2Duo X6800 (yes, extreme series a bit overkill for this)
4x1Gb DDR2 667
2xClub3D HD5870

One did work, but i can't recall the specs of the machine anymore. Very similar to those tho.

Catalyst etc. complains lack of drivers.

aticonfig init makes new xorg.conf, but then X won't start up.

Persistence does not seem work, used unetbooting to create the sticks, and specified ~1Gb for persistence. Hasn't mattered tho so far that much i've been arsed to look into it.

This isn't a linuxcoin issue it's just how the drivers work.
It is VERY much Linuxcoin issue, if newer Linuxcoin does not work but older does. Simple as that, doesn't require a genius to understand.

why can't you just VNC into the machines ?.
So linuxcoin has VNC setup out of the box? Tbh, i did not bother to take a look if it were, i did not see NX or VNC references in any obvious places.

now am I meant to make linuxcoin better if everyone just posted "it don't work" ?
I did reference earlier discussion about this very same problem, on the previous page someone else was having similar problems.

What I'm not interested in is people posting rants on this thread moaning about broken machines and not posting anything useful
Those machines work perfectly, ty for asking. It's linuxcoin which does not.

I reiterate a bad workman always blames his tools.
So it's my fault that LinuxCoin has bugs? Smiley What does it say about developer who always blames users "it can't be a bug! i created it so it's bug free, it's your fault for not putting effort work around the 'features'!"

drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 01:05:03 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 01:41:03 AM by drgr33n

You screen won't work after you boot because the configuration is generated on the fly but can be set in the xorg configuration file. If you was a competent linux user you would know this and edit your configuration files accordingly.  But no you come here to say it don't work without asking anyone about the issues you was having. I reiterate a bad workman always blames his tools.

Code:
#! /bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/fglrx
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
### END INIT INFO

case "$1" in
  start)
    else
    fi
    ;;
  stop)
    ;;
  *)
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0

Now you are trying to just annoy me.
"If you was a competent linux user you would know this and edit your configuration files accordingly.". I do admit i don't use it on desktop - because it sucks as desktop if you need to get work done, but that is quite an insult. I probably have 100x the experience you do (I do happen to manage hundreds of servers).

Systems in question which i've tried:

ASUS P5LD2SE Mobo
Celeron 2.66Ghz CPU
1Gb DDR2 667
PowerColor HD5830

Another System:
ABIT IN9 mobo (their flagship before they went bust)
Core2Duo X6800 (yes, extreme series a bit overkill for this)
4x1Gb DDR2 667
2xClub3D HD5870

One did work, but i can't recall the specs of the machine anymore. Very similar to those tho.

Catalyst etc. complains lack of drivers.

aticonfig init makes new xorg.conf, but then X won't start up.

Persistence does not seem work, used unetbooting to create the sticks, and specified ~1Gb for persistence. Hasn't mattered tho so far that much i've been arsed to look into it.

This isn't a linuxcoin issue it's just how the drivers work.
It is VERY much Linuxcoin issue, if newer Linuxcoin does not work but older does. Simple as that, doesn't require a genius to understand.

why can't you just VNC into the machines ?.
So linuxcoin has VNC setup out of the box? Tbh, i did not bother to take a look if it were, i did not see NX or VNC references in any obvious places.

now am I meant to make linuxcoin better if everyone just posted "it don't work" ?
I did reference earlier discussion about this very same problem, on the previous page someone else was having similar problems.

What I'm not interested in is people posting rants on this thread moaning about broken machines and not posting anything useful
Those machines work perfectly, ty for asking. It's linuxcoin which does not.

I reiterate a bad workman always blames his tools.
So it's my fault that LinuxCoin has bugs? Smiley What does it say about developer who always blames users "it can't be a bug! i created it so it's bug free, it's your fault for not putting effort work around the 'features'!"

Lol you annoyed me of as soon as you opened you mouth ! Hmm so you you manage all these servers but didn't think to post you xorg.conf file ? And please tell me more about this desktop you talk about that sucks so much ? You mean you run headless ? If you manage all these servers you should know that there's no need for a screen unless you want to connect your machines wireless and need to enter a key before you can get an IP address. You should check out the following link.

http://www.linuxcoin.co.uk/wiki/index.php/SSH_X11forwarding

You might also like

http://www.linuxcoin.co.uk/wiki/index.php/SettingupVNCremotely

As I said the bug is NOT with the drivers but WITH the initialization script.  My fault ? yes, someone with hundreds of linux servers under his control failed to notice ? I feel sorry for your boss Cheesy I bet if you check now you will see that your actually running on the free radeon drivers. If you want to check

Code:
cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep fglrx

If you see anything return then you have the fglrx drivers loaded. If not your running on the free radeon driver and in that case you need to do.

Code:
sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop

When you see the terminal

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start

everything should work as expected.

If you actually RTFM for unetbootin you will see that it specifies that the persistence option is ONLY for ubuntu. Not a linuxcoin issue and someone as competent as you should already know this lol The reason why is ubuntu looks for partitions called casper-rw. Linuxcoin looks for live-rw. If you want persistence go over to linuxcoin and download a persistence file like specified in the OP. if not a systems engineer with hundreds of servers under your control like yourself should be able to manage.

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/usb/live-rw bs=1M count=<your_size>
mkfs.ext4 /path/to/usb/live-rw

And reboot.

You screen issues can be fixed by hitting CTRL + ALT + F1 and editing your xorg.conf to reflect your monitor  or use xrandr. If you manage to get the fglrx drivers to auto detect on the fly then I would like to know about it as I'm sure lots of others will.

Code:
xrandr --auto

Expecting a ALPHA build to be bug free is insane Cheesy The bug with the initialization has been fixed and you have been offered a solution. And as for your comments on you couldn't be arsed to do this and that lol A bad workman always blames his tools. The heart of your problems are in you posts. Comments like
did not bother to take a look if it were
and
tho so far that much i've been arsed to look into it
show's you do not research your issues and just assume it doesn't work. So I suggest you roll you own with your overwhelming wealth of knowledge and release it to the public lol I will look forward to trying it out.
drgr33n (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 03:03:25 AM

Optimizations complete Cheesy 452 MH/s on my 5870 cards 320MH/s on my 5830. Also further tweaks have allowed me to push my cards to higher clock levels and so far its been very stable. Only a couple of things left to do and we should be ready for release !! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: