Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312341 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 11:41:33 AM

Hi guys, how you doin'Huh

Next big dump ready, be prepared Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just remember what will happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghQJazHSVg

Ok thanks man, ready to grab some more cheap coins! Thanks for dumping Grin

How do you know they are cheap? - as far as I can tell the coin is heading back to all time lows. If you buy now I would say ready to lose some money?

I just assume it's always the "best time to buy" I don't really know, or care... I just believe that Monero is going to be the next big thing to come out because it offers something completely different from other shit pump and dump coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:59:00 AM

Don't thanks us, thank those stupid miners and scared chickens, we all profit with them Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well, i wouldn´t call them stupid, they keep your coins comming and keeping up the network. Try to be a bit more friendly on this topic  Shocked

Who cares about networks man we're here to make money$$$ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Without a network nobody cares about your money  Wink

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:31:23 PM

How do you know they are cheap? - as far as I can tell the coin is heading back to all time lows. If you buy now I would say ready to lose some money?

Yes, very cheap: great technology, very large community, great developments in the pipeline, ... As is often the case with new technology, price is a bad indicator of fundamentals... Just look at all the shit they are peddling in silicon valey, for millions of $$$ that is... I'm glad that monero isn't moonshooting, it's not time yet, and I'll even be more glad if it never moonshoots (and crashes afterwards) but rises steadily, slowly, not disruptively... I know for sure the great pumps and crashes did bitcoin no good, everyone started looking at it as a speculative investment without realizing what great things were under the hood...

I'm waiting for sub 0.0013 to double down on my stack... I doubt very much it will go lower than 0.0012...

best regards

BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:47:30 PM

The price of XMR in bitcoin has dropped a lot more than its price in Dollar.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:41:43 PM

Yes, very cheap: great technology, very large community, great developments in the pipeline, ... As is often the case with new technology, price is a bad indicator of fundamentals... Just look at all the shit they are peddling in silicon valey, for millions of $$$ that is... I'm glad that monero isn't moonshooting, it's not time yet, and I'll even be more glad if it never moonshoots (and crashes afterwards) but rises steadily, slowly, not disruptively... I know for sure the great pumps and crashes did bitcoin no good, everyone started looking at it as a speculative investment without realizing what great things were under the hood...

I'm waiting for sub 0.0013 to double down on my stack... I doubt very much it will go lower than 0.0012...

best regards

Again, we are drawing nearer to the quantum foam where we can't conceivably go lower. Currently I'm bearish on crypto, but if XMR's price goes low enough, then I will be unable to resist.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:39:16 PM

Again, we are drawing nearer to the quantum foam where we can't conceivably go lower. Currently I'm bearish on crypto, but if XMR's price goes low enough, then I will be unable to resist.

I personally wish for smaller values than 0.0014 but it's been at it for about 24h now and can't make it lower. I counted what? 3-4 bottoms with the current one? The way I see it we're oversold; but something holds me to buy more right now. Hope for a (short or long) BTC rally actually which (IMHO) is imminent. I might be wrong, but if this is the case, I'll have my chance for cheaper XMRs.

Anyway. It's been a nice ride down so far, let's see how it evolves from now on. Roll Eyes

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:05:18 PM

best regards

Agreed. .0013 is my entry too.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:45:56 PM

That is still aroun d$0.35, not dropped a lot.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:53:33 PM

[/quote

I guess it really depends on how cheap you got the BTC you'll be using to buy them. Wink
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:47:22 PM

best regards

Same here. Now I just observer, and wait for some massive dump for the price to go below 0.0014 and lower. Where are the dumpers when you need them?:-)

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:48:05 AM

At this point I think it is safe to say that people follow the btc value much more closely than the fiat value of Monero

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:54:18 AM

At this point I think it is safe to say that people follow the btc value much more closely than the fiat value of Monero

For now...

Who knows where bitcoin is going... Probably higher given all the monetary fundmentals of banks printing funny munny constantly.

In order for Monero to succeed in awareness there is a pretty good likelihood it will have to be with bitcoin gaining more acceptance/usage, more bitcoin business regulation compliance, press, etc. basically letting bitcoin be the trailblazer and monero will be around for those who want more privacy when (not if) that becomes an issue of importance.

If bitcoin falters in any meaningful way (i.e. massive exploit etc) most of crypto will take a huge hit collectively. But as I see it the technology is out of the bottle and can't be uninvented.

Most people are looking to bitcoin as a guage of where cryptocurrency is going. This isn't a bad thing as it is like a temperature gauge of the technology and where we are at and where we may be headed.

One thing I've learned is that when the majority is focused on a particular topic/asset/market it usually means there are others nearby that are in the stealth accumulation phase. I believe Monero is one of those asset/markets/networks.

Litecoin was one of these back in the day although litecoin did not have as much protocol difference as monero has to bitcoin currently the concept applied still despite many nay sayers saying litecoin would go to 0. Maybe it will in the future but that is another topic.

I'm still going through the monero 0.9 source code for myself and consulting with the developers and those with a better understanding of the inner workings of monero and thus far I must say I am very impressed. The code needs work of course as fluffypony mentioned by "libraryzing" (mispell?) the code into four major sections for ease of use as well as the numerous additions they have planned in the pipeline.

Although I wish I knew everything there is to know about Monero, I'm learning new things each day by digging into the source to see what is under the hood. I am no expert and likely will never claim to be one.

In respects to speculation, I see price going to 0.0011 to 0.0013 bottom and rebound to 0.0017.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:02:08 AM

I think that the price is simply showing that it is more pegged to the USD than BTC. 

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:08:19 AM

I think that the price is simply showing that it is more pegged to the USD than BTC.  

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.
I disagree, Bitcoin rather than US Dollars is the key currency for this market. The market has been waiting for the 0.9 tagged release for over 10 months. In the meantime the bears get to play.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:19:04 AM

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.
I disagree, Bitcoin rather than US Dollars is the key currency for this market. The market has been waiting for the 0.9 tagged release for over 10 months. In the meantime the bears get to play.

ArticMine is right. Almost everyone here prefers BTC to any fiat currency. Lets measure Monero price performance in BTC.

Who runs https://twitter.com/moneroprice?

If you want to keep using USD, go ahead. It is your account:) Could you please also start making price tweets in BTC? If you must use fiat how about mentioning the Euro and Yuan as well?
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:26:04 AM

For now...

Who knows where bitcoin is going... Probably higher given all the monetary fundmentals of banks printing funny munny constantly.

In order for Monero to succeed in awareness there is a pretty good likelihood it will have to be with bitcoin gaining more acceptance/usage, more bitcoin business regulation compliance, press, etc. basically letting bitcoin be the trailblazer and monero will be around for those who want more privacy when (not if) that becomes an issue of importance.

If bitcoin falters in any meaningful way (i.e. massive exploit etc) most of crypto will take a huge hit collectively. But as I see it the technology is out of the bottle and can't be uninvented.

Most people are looking to bitcoin as a guage of where cryptocurrency is going. This isn't a bad thing as it is like a temperature gauge of the technology and where we are at and where we may be headed.

One thing I've learned is that when the majority is focused on a particular topic/asset/market it usually means there are others nearby that are in the stealth accumulation phase. I believe Monero is one of those asset/markets/networks.

Litecoin was one of these back in the day although litecoin did not have as much protocol difference as monero has to bitcoin currently the concept applied still despite many nay sayers saying litecoin would go to 0. Maybe it will in the future but that is another topic.

I'm still going through the monero 0.9 source code for myself and consulting with the developers and those with a better understanding of the inner workings of monero and thus far I must say I am very impressed. The code needs work of course as fluffypony mentioned by "libraryzing" (mispell?) the code into four major sections for ease of use as well as the numerous additions they have planned in the pipeline.

Although I wish I knew everything there is to know about Monero, I'm learning new things each day by digging into the source to see what is under the hood. I am no expert and likely will never claim to be one.

In respects to speculation, I see price going to 0.0011 to 0.0013 bottom and rebound to 0.0017.

Thanks for your outlook. It's nice to see you around here Smoothie.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:58:19 AM

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.

20 Monero is only $8.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:08:12 AM

20 Monero is only $8.

Don't hate.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:13:18 AM

20 Monero is only $8.

Don't hate.

Did not hate. I mine Monero with underclocked CPU, it is about 0.2 Monero per day.
smfuser

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:19:27 AM

I think of the price more in USD than BTC terms, but I don't know how common that is. Also, I'd prefer to use USD rather than BTC to buy XMR. Can someone please provide status updates about any XMR fiat exchanges (such as the three exchanges rpietila mentioned in July, at least two of which were expected to be online already by now)?
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: