Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 [770] 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:39:47 AM

so if anyone has saved settings from cgminer, and just hit enter for the default config file... and experienced a gui glitch afterwards... this is the fix: after all the settings in cg are as you want them...when you save by hitting "S"for settings, then "W" for (write config file)in CGMiner don't hit "Enter", instead, type "/config/cgminer.conf", Then hit enter. Until I figured this out, I had to ssh into the miner, and start a second instance of cgminer to get mining, because KNC had added "HTTP://" to the stratum address, and entered my workername info incorrectly. The result, was a dead instance of cgminer, and a broken GUI, which was stopping me from changing the settings in a catch-22 situation. I inadvertantly used the cgminer default config file name in an attempt to fix the problem, not knowing that knc is using a custom location to store the config file. Seeking it in linux and typing it in the cgminer save field cured the problems. I now am able to assign the ip adress and save it as well now, where it wouldn't before, which means now, i dont have to sniff the ip either to ssh into the machine, or access the gui, because its all booting perfectly now, and connecting automatically to the pool, and hashing away by the time I can ssh in and do a screen -r.... no ip sniffing necessary. What a relief!
Smiley p.s... 0.95 is working fast as any I've had loaded now too.

sigh ..I also have a slush pool ..I understand just enough of the above to feel it prudent to warn you I'll probably be contacting you on these issues....in that from seeing where you started in the the threads on this and where you are now...prepare for hand holding (for some btc of course)....

(best to warn your potential tutors in advance ...rather then just 'spring it' on them

hopefully none of this will happen with my stuff and slush and/or further improvements on the GUI etc will happen before I get my miner

thanks for the info it is appreciated

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:40:15 AM

Interesting, while KNC is by now well known for lack of fair information, at least they used to let O'rama do the forum war. Now even O'rama vanished!

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
DigginDeep

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:44:48 AM

I have pretty much made up my mind.  If i do not get shipping information on my order this week.  They will have two options,  ether offer some sort of compensation for delivering late, Or refund me if they do not, I will be contacting PayPal.  And if they do not let me refund.  then i will go straight to my credit cards.  Witch as Amex and discover.    And wont take no for a answer on a refund.    Witch I'm going to almost guarantee ill have to go this route unless they pull off a miracle .   Since my order was not placed until July 3rd.  So they got some ways to go to get to my order.   And i have already let KNC know this is my plans of last week.  Of course i have not received an e-mail back.  "First time they have never responded"   But shortly after my e-mail my order did go in to progress.  Along with everyone else.  Witch is another reason why i think this is a stall technique.   

Don't forget to ask mommy!

What is this supposes to mean? Maybe you like to bend over and grab your ankles and take it up the ass, but I sure don't, I know when to cut my losses
DigginDeep

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:49:19 AM

1) There are no more refunds.

Not necessarily:

Refunds are offered up to the day of shipment of your order.

I thought people have called on this already...ie the oct 2013 RUN was locked down on no refunds...the nov RUN you likely could still get a refund on

others on here let me know if this is correct (I get my info from forums perhaps YOU CAN still get refunds on OCT orders..but I think not.

Searing

Sure they tell you no refunds, but people who paid with credit cards and or PayPal have ways of getting them
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:04:15 AM

I think they are actually putting all their orders "in progress."

crap...its a fracking "BFL Virus" ..ie all that money...my precious.....   can't give it back to the purchaser for not our fault unavoidable production delays..too much money all them $$$ in the bank...easy street....and not our fault ...due to difficulty of us making this equipment..unavoidable snafu's.....denial....then customers "deserve" to take the hit on risk in that they "knew" what they we're getting into (start the battered asic user syndrome cycle/music here.....(of course the denial comes into play on the fact they ignore 'schedule slippage as not their fault...call it unavoidable delays..) ie clearly needs to be passed on to customer ...ie Josh Syndrome ie can't be wrong....they then ..can then go "bliss free" and spend the $$$ on making cloud hashing service with pre-order cash...patting selves on back....

hope it ain't so...but it is convenient to assign all risk to the "purchaser" when you already have all the $$$ and a no refund policy....or at least that seems to be the trend...

frigging 'zombie virus" it is only spread amongst asic manufacturers.....ack!

the horror

Searing

(Say it an't so Sam!)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:06:00 AM

I have pretty much made up my mind.  If i do not get shipping information on my order this week.  They will have two options,  ether offer some sort of compensation for delivering late, Or refund me if they do not, I will be contacting PayPal.  And if they do not let me refund.  then i will go straight to my credit cards.  Witch as Amex and discover.    And wont take no for a answer on a refund.    Witch I'm going to almost guarantee ill have to go this route unless they pull off a miracle .   Since my order was not placed until July 3rd.  So they got some ways to go to get to my order.   And i have already let KNC know this is my plans of last week.  Of course i have not received an e-mail back.  "First time they have never responded"   But shortly after my e-mail my order did go in to progress.  Along with everyone else.  Witch is another reason why i think this is a stall technique.  

I think I will ask for a refund too if they don't ship by next Thursday. I could use the money to invest in another company, like Hashfast.

Its like black magic...

hope that it is not "BFL deja vu!)   ack

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:10:33 AM

Not necessarily:

I thought people have called on this already...ie the oct 2013 RUN was locked down on no refunds...the nov RUN you likely could still get a refund on

others on here let me know if this is correct (I get my info from forums perhaps YOU CAN still get refunds on OCT orders..but I think not.

Searing

Sure they tell you no refunds, but people who paid with credit cards and or PayPal have ways of getting them

ONLY credit card via paypal ..ie cc has to be primary way you pay on paypal after 45days the cc plug is only way to get refund... (don't make my mistake wire xfer what I did with BFL)

arlekyn13

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:20:21 AM

If I don't get my tracking no by Oct 15th midnight, I will initiate a refund request. If they refuse, I'm planning on going legal ways against KNC because I made my purchase based on their commercial claim that all "ALL units ordered now will be delivered before Oct 15th this year". Misleading the customers into buying based on false claims will entitle me to full refund and expose their company to being further sanctioned (most likely a fine, which won't be a small one).

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 04:21:56 AM

ONLY credit card via paypal ..ie cc has to be primary way you pay on paypal after 45days the cc plug is only way to get refund... (don't make my mistake wire xfer what I did with BFL)
Just make sure you understand the consequences of doing this. You are telling your credit card company that PayPal didn't perform when they did all, and only, what you asked them to do. This can seriously damage your relationship with PayPal. You could wind up joining me in the PayPal Lifetime Ban club. (We have cookies, so at least there's that.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
DigginDeep

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:22:59 AM

Not necessarily:

Searing

There has been people who have gotten refunds with paypal after the 45 days.  Actually there is a post  here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295187.0  about how they did it and who to contact.  "of course this was with BFL"

Im still hopping they some how pull it off so i don't have to go through this but im not going to let a company keep walking over me.
ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:26:03 AM

If I don't get my tracking no by Oct 15th midnight, I will initiate a refund request. If they refuse, I'm planning on going legal ways against KNC because I made my purchase based on their commercial claim that all "ALL units ordered now will be delivered before Oct 15th this year". Misleading the customers into buying based on false claims will entitle me to full refund and expose their company to being further sanctioned (most likely a fine, which won't be a small one).

whats your order number and pay date?
arlekyn13

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:28:01 AM

whats your order number and pay date?

I'm at the end of the queue for Oct 15th delivery.

OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:43:20 AM

Tempting the same possibly.
I ordered day 1 Mercury and they haven't even mentioned~ it to my knowledge. If people who ordered Jupiters/Saturns almost an entire month before Mercury was a thing havent gotten theirs, why should I expect Mercury to come soon?
arlekyn13

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:53:09 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 05:04:22 AM by arlekyn13

The fact that KNC claims to not be able to offer refunds for batch #1 orders because they were sent to the manufacturing (I understand something like "we already paid the factory to assemble your unit/s so we can't give your money back) do not counter their commercial claim that was stated in big letters on their front page, basically the determining factor for my purchase, that "All orders placed now will be delivered before Oct 15th this year". They can still refund me (and/or other customers willing to) and than turn against the factory for the delays (if the factory is responsible).

Lat week I asked them about the possibility of requesting refunds for orders not shipping on or before Oct 15th. Here is the answer:

"Due to the lead times specified by our assembly facility, we are now unable to make any changes to your order, including cancelation. Your order will be built and shipped in accordance with our terms and conditions in the manner you have specified on your order.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."

Well, KNC should be well aware that:

a) Placing a large commercial claim on your frontpage means that claim is "determining" for customers decision, does it is part of your "terms and conditions"
b) The paragraph 8.1 "The Products are delivered EXW (Incoterms 2010) to the delivery address specified by the Purchaser, unless otherwise agreed. The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on KnCMiner. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery." is null and void for being illegal - the parties can include any conditions into their trading contract as long as these conditions are legal.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:02:30 AM

Just make sure you understand the consequences of doing this. You are telling your credit card company that PayPal didn't perform when they did all, and only, what you asked them to do. This can seriously damage your relationship with PayPal. You could wind up joining me in the PayPal Lifetime Ban club. (We have cookies, so at least there's that.)
'

if it has been more then 45 days in my case paypal "told me" I could go thru the cc company..but alas I did not do it thru cc option on paypal so was moot

so if you are after the 45 days you may be ok (not sure but from what was told by paypal rep on my options)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:05:32 AM

Not necessarily:

Searing

There has been people who have gotten refunds with paypal after the 45 days.  Actually there is a post  here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295187.0  about how they did it and who to contact.  "of course this was with BFL"

Im still hopping they some how pull it off so i don't have to go through this but im not going to let a company keep walking over me.

this option was d/c by paypal higher ups a month or so ago...and to keep this on KNC thread...if it is longer then 45 days from your order....they won't do this anymore was what I was told with any asic mnfg.....anyway 3rd hand I got this from someone....(take it with a grain of salt) but with bfl issues could be true

so with your KNC stuff keep track of where you stand on the 45day option ..you always get $$$ back on the 45 day option from what I heard after that well not so much

ur0pl

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:11:31 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 05:28:15 AM by ur0pl

According to yesterday's news release, 10-11-2013, they said that they have produced 700 units. Thats not even finished with day 2 , ~800 units. But anyways, so, starting from October 1st to 11th, that is 10 days. 700/10 = 70 a day at minimum.

Then we have to consider how many total units of any kind did they sell? I know for a fact that I made my ~2000 order at the time when they sold around ~900 units. So, I think the last of the queue is 7000. Lets say that their total queue is 3000-3200 total units sold. More than that, to give more favorable numbers, lets just say 3000 units sold. So they make 3000 units in 15 days if they always planned to start on the first of October. That means they need to make at least 200 units a day and they are making only 70 a day minimum.  Lets say that they are operating at half their production capacity, so in actuality that could make up to 140 units a day. They still won't make quota.

DigginDeep

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:24:56 AM

According to yesterday's news release, 10-11-2013, they said that they have produced 700 units. So, starting from October 1st to 11th, that is 10 days. 700/10 = 70 a day at minimum.

Then we have to consider how many total units of any kind did they sell?

It must be around 4k maybe? what do you think?

It's a mega hardworking bunch of guys working as close to 24/7 as their bodies physically allow and unforeseeable issues will occur, the best resolution is to adapt fast and remain calm. Sam is still confident to hit 15th Oct. Chinese whispers and ballpark assumptions of 3,000+ orders are nowhere close, so that just generates FUD. There's actually approx a 1,000 units left. There has been over local 100 pick-ups (well 100 units picked-up), over 400 physically shipped, and a chunk dedicated to hosting.

According to Bitcoinorama there were only 1k left  on the 9th,   and on the news letter they also said "This has been a very steep learning curve and we have adjusted the manufacturing process to be able to produce more boxes per day to try and catch up with the backlog."  so hopefully they made some major adjustments in the manufacturing process,    We will only see.
ur0pl

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:33:50 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 06:13:17 AM by ur0pl

According to yesterday's news release, 10-11-2013, they said that they have produced 700 units. So, starting from October 1st to 11th, that is 10 days. 700/10 = 70 a day at minimum.

Then we have to consider how many total units of any kind did they sell?

It must be around 4k maybe? what do you think?

It's a mega hardworking bunch of guys working as close to 24/7 as their bodies physically allow and unforeseeable issues will occur, the best resolution is to adapt fast and remain calm. Sam is still confident to hit 15th Oct. Chinese whispers and ballpark assumptions of 3,000+ orders are nowhere close, so that just generates FUD. There's actually approx a 1,000 units left. There has been over local 100 pick-ups (well 100 units picked-up), over 400 physically shipped, and a chunk dedicated to hosting.

According to Bitcoinorama there were only 1k left  on the 9th,   and on the news letter they also said "This has been a very steep learning curve and we have adjusted the manufacturing process to be able to produce more boxes per day to try and catch up with the backlog."  so hopefully they made some major adjustments in the manufacturing process,    We will only see.

1,000 on the 9th, so 6 days from the 9th is their deadline. So, 1,000/6= ~166. They need to make at least 166 unit a day starting frmo the 9th and they were or are making, on average, only 70 a day. WTF.

More so, lets figure this out more, they had 1000 units to make on the 9th. They made 700 units by the 11th. Lets say that their original total units sold then was 1500 because that is a nice round number. That means they made 200 units in two or so days time or 100 units per day. (700 - (1500 - 1000) = 200)

That means this, they were making 70 units a day, on average, and now they are on their full operating power of 100 a day.

700 on the 11th leaves 800 left. That means 8 days from the 11th. That means they will make their deadline on the 19th unless they make 200 a day since the 11th or 2x their full capacity to make their 15th deadline.

so, they will finish their deadline by the 19th, but could they make it to the 15th or 16th or 17th?

I think i figured out their queue and shipping schedule down to the map and they didn't tell me anything.

You will get your miner shipped by the 19th for sure

but can you get it shipped by the 15th? lets see them up their production 2x

I THINK THIS IS THE FIGURES. IT MAKES SENSE, they sold 1500 units, their full production power is 100 a day.

they need to up their production at least 2x to 200 a day since the 11th, as time goes by they need to hire more workers by the 15th. Anyways, you will get your miner shipped by the 19th for sure.

Now, if they left room in the queue for 100 or 50 unit in case of contingency, then they sold 1400 units. Then they will have all their units shipped by the 18th, which is a friday.

Now what is going to happen to those people who got their units shipped after the 15th?

I think we should be given a 10% discount code or something. We can start the petition here and now.

I personally should be given a Mercury because, regardless what the other guy said, I am actually THE last one in the queue and wont get my unit until the 19th. 4 days means 500 dollar a day loss because I ordered countless jupiters.

I AM REALLY GLAD THE REMAINING QUEUE WAS ONLY 1000 instead of 3000 though. Thanks
arlekyn13

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:24:41 AM

I see some people wouldn't mind having units shipped on 19th or so. I want mine shipped on or before 15th. Otherwise I want refund or proper compensation. I really liked KNC and I would've accepted even a few days late delivery up to the point where they came up with this "no refunds because we don't want to" thing! Well, I'm not gonna swallow that without a legal "fight".

Pages: « 1 ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 [770] 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: