Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:40:19 AM

10 more pages of nothing.

how many units went out over the weekend?

how many rigs are now 'in progress' and for how many days already?

are you still 'confident' that all orders will be 'shipped' by midnight???

or is it midnight of the 15th?

chips with 1's & 3's & chips totally disabled Huh

also 8 vs 4 vrm???

why miners who are actually mining report better performance with additional cooling are called liars/dishonest/foolish/stupid by the only mouthpiece KnC wishes to engage who has no miner and little to no personal experience with the performance of the rigs?

extra BBB/PCB's to turn Jups with shitty performance Into Sats with 'expected' performance albeit with TWO PSU's???

answers on a postcard, no crying allowed pitypoorme-orama.

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:42:01 AM

dhenson, I don't know if you have communicated with phoenix1969, but he did have some good info. in regards to save pool info. and the cgminer config. file.....he had also mentioned something 2 instances of cgminer causing him some problems. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I'm hosted.  Unfortunately, nothing Phoenix1969 has done will help me as I don't have the ability to implement it.

You can still reboot and update firmware right?  They just don't allow you ssh access?

I can't hard reset, just what appears to be a soft rest after saving pool config changes.  I have no way to update firmware, they do that on their end.

plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:43:19 AM

For hosted customers, you can't really do anything besides changing pool details (which stops cgminer. updates cgminers conf and starts it up again. takes about 2-3mins).

That is it. No ssh. No restarts/reboot/shutdown whatever. Also no stats Tongue

But I'm sure they'll improve it over time but I think for now, they are just focusing on finishing production of the miners first.
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:49:41 AM

Well that sucks.  The web interface I have has the option to apply/restart on the pool config and another restart miner on security page.  But I just ssh in and do it.  My pool info was all screwed up in the conf and it was starting 2 sessions when I hit apply/restart.  But the security tab restart worked - once.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:51:22 AM

Well that sucks.  The web interface I have has the option to apply/restart on the pool config and another restart miner on security page.  But I just ssh in and do it.  My pool info was all screwed up in the conf and it was starting 2 sessions when I hit apply/restart.  But the security tab restart worked - once.

2 sessions makes sense with what I'm seeing.  Unfortunately I have no way to resolve it and again, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAIL'S.

sorry...
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:00:32 AM

2 sessions makes sense with what I'm seeing.  Unfortunately I have no way to resolve it and again, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAIL'S.

sorry...

2 sessions = 2 instances of cgminer??
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:01:30 AM

When did you send em the email? They don't work weekends. Well customer service anyway. Not sure about the other guys.
gnar1ta$
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:03:34 AM

sorry...

Yeah they have a script to launch cgminer in a screen session, you will see 2 sometimes when you ssh in.  IDK why, the script tries to kill any running instances and restart a fresh one, but it doesn't always work when cgminer isn't functioning correctly, which is when you really need it to work.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:06:30 AM

sorry...

Yeah they have a script to launch cgminer in a screen session, you will see 2 sometimes when you ssh in.  IDK why, the script tries to kill any running instances and restart a fresh one, but it doesn't always work when cgminer isn't functioning correctly, which is when you really need it to work.

so it is then possible for dhenson to be hashing 400GH/s while the other 100+GH/s are mining on the other instance wasting away???
gnar1ta$
Donator

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:13:08 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 04:31:22 AM by gnar1ta$

so it is then possible for dhenson to be hashing 400GH/s while the other 100+GH/s are mining on the other instance wasting away???

I'm not sure how ASICs would handle it, someone here should know.  But GPU's just split the work, it wasn't a huge deal, caused some issues, but what he is seeing is a very large percentage of work not recognized by the pool as coming from the pool.  Hard to troubleshoot anything without OS access - get the thing somewhere else would be my suggestion.

EDIT: I tested running 2 instances of cgminer, it gave me around 140Ghash each, so a very large drop from the 530Ghash for one instance.

ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:22:32 AM

also 8 vs 4 vrm???

why miners who are actually mining report better performance with additional cooling are called liars/dishonest/foolish/stupid by the only mouthpiece KnC wishes to engage who has no miner and little to no personal experience with the performance of the rigs?

extra BBB/PCB's to turn Jups with shitty performance Into Sats with 'expected' performance albeit with TWO PSU's???

You aren't very nice to someone who goes out of his way to help you without any compensation. Why don't you bitcoin to him if you want answers.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:46:07 AM

also 8 vs 4 vrm???

You aren't very nice to someone who goes out of his way to help you without any compensation. Why don't you bitcoin to him if you want answers.

+1

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:47:39 AM

DHenson... You can find out if there is another instance of cgminer running by using putty ... a second instance of putty if you are already using putty, to ssh into the command line, and do a      screen -r    

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:47:49 AM

Looks like the knc datacenter just went down. Eligius just lost about 80-100TH/s

Checked all the other guys and mine. Yeah it's down Tongue
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:48:15 AM

DHenson... You can find out if there is another instance of cgminer running by using putty ... a second instance of putty if you are already using putty, to ssh into the command line, and do a      screen -r     

NO SSH FOR HOSTed customers.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:49:54 AM

also 8 vs 4 vrm???

if you dont want to answer the questions posed, why dont you mind your own business?

if you want to donate to him, do it.

dont ask/tell me that i should pay more for i already feel that 'he' aided and abbetted in a misrepresentation of facts to secure mass pre-orders  based upon DELIVERY BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER.

Hence the bitbet 'will KNC miner deliver verifiable rigs by Oct 1st' being ended on NO - with around 65-70BTC being lost on the WRONG result

if he has or has not been rewarded for such that is his concern, not mine or yours or anyone elses...

i have already paid more than enough to not only have my jupiter here and hashing for MY WALLET, but also to have exemplary customer service and support.

neither of which have i received, and only a very few forum members have received less than half of (dodgy rigs & no support apart from what other community members have provided without the need for bleating requests for financial renumeration).

'Not to mention the ToS being pulled from under our feet at the last furlong'!!!

now how about those answers...

or a chilled glass of stfu with a twist of myob
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:52:36 AM

now how about those answers...

You won't get any with that kinda attitude Roll Eyes
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:56:02 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2013, 05:11:36 AM by Phoenix1969

no ssh for hosted... doggone....my bad...   I doubt the 2 instances is your problem then, because in order for you to start the instance, you need to ssh in in the first place...
I had to do that just to mine, untill i figured out the protocall problem.
I had entered "Workername.Worker1,...    2,     3... "   into the field, because I had ordered 3 machines... the automated copy& paste of that field as my workername is what caused the problem to start with. It made cgminer go dead, or idle.
Attempting to do a screen -r reveals no results after a short timeout, so you need not waste time to catch it. When attempting to save the correct settings into the config file, I was unaware that they had changed the location of the cgminer.conf file to /config/cgminer.conf from the root default address, so when attempting to save the correct info in the .conf file, it actually saved it in the root address, instead of the address knc decided to use. The result was when I restarted cgminer, it was as if I had never made the changes, and caused a few glitches in the gui interface to top things off. Once I identified the correct location of the .conf file(/config/cgminer.conf), I used that to save settings inside cgminer, and restarted cgminer. That instantly solved my root problem of the wrong workername, finally had cgminer running on a cold startup also because i could now use the gui to turn off dhcp and use a static address. I could now see that there is a button to turn on/off the cgminer remote management as well. Since i couldnt get to the miner page, I didnt have that option before, lolz. All this was due to one little computer glitch. The workername they programmed into it.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:01:39 AM

Now I want to know how a whole datacenter went down for knc hosted customers LOL.

Or is there some maint I'm not aware of.

Looking at mine. It's 0GH/s. Looking at bargraphics. He went from 4.5TH/s to 500GH/s. Which is pretty strange. He still has one miner up and running out of 10.

Mmm seems like he's slowly going down to 0GH/s now.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:02:58 AM

Now I want to know how a whole datacenter went down for knc hosted customers LOL.

Or is there some maint I'm not aware of.

Looking at mine. It's 0GH/s. Looking at bargraphics. He went from 4.5TH/s to 500GH/s. Which is pretty strange. He still has one miner up and running out of 10.

Mmm seems like he's slowly going down to 0GH/s now.

Maybe all the boards caught fire due to "bad" PSUs and the Halon system engaged.  Just kidding but it is bizzare that the entire network went dark at the same time.  A route configuration issue maybe?  Janitor tripped over ethernet cable?
Pages: « 1 ... 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 [786] 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: