Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:16:09 AM

I noticed there are 13 or so Tor workers now where there were 0 just up til recently... Is there a new miner that supports working through Tor?  Or is there some way to mine through Tor using phoenix or cgminer?  Is there any thread more relevant to this that I could be pointed to?  Thanks!

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:24:08 AM

I noticed there are 13 or so Tor workers now where there were 0 just up til recently... Is there a new miner that supports working through Tor?  Or is there some way to mine through Tor using phoenix or cgminer?  Is there any thread more relevant to this that I could be pointed to?  Thanks!
Check the previous page on this thread, or the pool homepage for info on using Tor with this pool.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 04:31:22 AM

As far as I know, only poclbm works over Tor nicely. cgminer is too aggressive to work with Tor reasonable enough (I'm not hiding that I'm not happy with cgminer) and when I tested phoenix last time (1.6.x) it has connection issues even on standard connection Wink.

Sargasm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 07:57:29 AM

Let's wait to DGM, ok?

Alrighty Smiley

I appreciate you taking the time to check things out I spent a couple hours normalizing figures and doing analysis.

I take it you are not a hopper and don't really understand how it works.  However, slush's scored rewards are calculated differently than a straight up prop pool   So, Hopping rewards less in this pool.  Plus, hoppers like to mine at the highest efficiency possible, so the opportunity cost is higher for this pool than other prop (not scored) pools.  Also, the larger the pool is, the less variance hoppers can benefit from...and this is a large pool.

Reward methods like PPLNS and  DGM do a better job at fairness for the miners than something you just thought of...  Loyalty shares...does that mean I will get emails and a special card to shop with?  Will you get a bumper sticker, too?  I am not sure I understood you proposal, but I feel like we would have to wear some sort of name tag.  You should open up a new thread, explain it better and see if a pool will adopt it...?  You will get mega credit!!!

Lol.  Ok, so I take it you didn't check out the analysis I did proving that pool hopping was affecting pay on short blocks.

And apparently, you're not literate enough to understand my idea, but you know those other ideas work better.

Wow.  I'm in the company of a genius.
Sargasm

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:05:47 AM

I'll explain it to you like you're a five year old... we'll see if that helps.

Ok, jimmy... you see it's like there is a really tough puzzle that has to be figured out and when it is, everyone gets paid a portion of the total work for their efforts.

But there are some bad kids, jimmy.  These kids have figured out that if they only help right at the beginning, statistical averages mean that they will earn ~(this means approximately)20% more than by working on every puzzle till its done.

You see sometimes the puzzles take a long long time and are very difficult.  So by focusing only on brand new puzzles, they increase their chances of hitting a lucky one.

So instead, we're going to calculate a certain number of points that are a different class than the points you earn.  These points will be used to calculate your share and they will be based upon the amount you worked on the LAST puzzle.

This way, when bad kids want to play at your puzzle, since he wasn't there for the last puzzle, he won't make any money and he'll cry.  This is because when you add up the loyalty points and earned points, while the total scores amongst all the players that play every round will be proportionally equivalent , the bad kids score will be less.  If it is a very short round, it will be much less.

That way everyone that likes working hard will make more money!

Isn't that great jimmy?  Now run along and stop being such a fucking idiot.
Sargasm

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 08:11:36 AM

Doubt this will help you out either... but here are some numbers that prove that miners are getting jacked for 15-20% of earnings on blocks shorter than 12 minutes. on average.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhhejNMzWwx8dGpYZE9FYXk3d05MQjVDNUxLcHNXZkE&output=html

It proves that either A) pool hoppers are doing better than your massive brain thought they could... or B) for some reason slush is stealing from us, but only on short blocks.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 01:02:33 PM

Doubt this will help you out either... but here are some numbers that prove that miners are getting jacked for 15-20% of earnings on blocks shorter than 12 minutes. on average.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhhejNMzWwx8dGpYZE9FYXk3d05MQjVDNUxLcHNXZkE&output=html

It proves that either A) pool hoppers are doing better than your massive brain thought they could... or B) for some reason slush is stealing from us, but only on short blocks.
Have you stopped to consider that perhaps no one cares? If you post this somewhere other than the main thread, it might get better exposure, and will stop cluttering this one up.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 01:53:32 PM

Wow.  I'm in the company of a genius.

Thanks Bro!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
martychubbs

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 02:00:02 PM

However, you make more on the long rounds for blocks greater than 12 minutes. on average...  Didn't you read my post? 

For you, let's make a new thread, but please vent there?  deal?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60706.0

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 02:04:11 PM

but here are some numbers that prove that miners are getting jacked for 15-20% of earnings on blocks shorter than 12 minutes. on average.

No, your math is incorrect, basically because you didn't considered hashrate change. Again, there was a lot discussion about it and, honestly, I trust Meni's calculations much more than yours. You obviously DIDN'T read his paper, so please do it and stop spamming here. If you want to continue in the discussion, please open separate thread. I'm sorry that I'm angry, but I'm little tired of such "smart guys" entering the discussion in the middle, without reading the papers, math and discussion history.

martychubbs

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 02:17:13 PM

DGM is my favorite non-prop reward method, however, there are different configurations of the variables in the current marketplace.  Here are Ozco.in Double Geometric Variables:

f=-0.25, c=0.2, o=0.8More

Information about this method can be found here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39497.0

Eclipse I think is different?

Slush, Have you thought of the DGV's you plan to use?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 03:41:37 PM

Slush

just want to voice my opinion here, I mined my very first Bitcoin on your pool (and sold it for 0.85 cents! ) and mined probably in total 200 coins with you.

I personally think DGM sucks and will become less popular as the difficulty continues to go up.
Yes it's pool hop proof and "fair" but only really fair to a person if they want to dedicate themselves to mining with that pool and that pool only 24/7

I like your modified proportional score system - a lot of people do and I think you should stay with it , and if you really have to change, change it to a pure PPS like BTCGuild is doing.

thank you for listening Smiley
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 03:54:37 PM

Slush

just want to voice my opinion here, I mined my very first Bitcoin on your pool (and sold it for 0.85 cents! ) and mined probably in total 200 coins with you.

I personally think DGM sucks and will become less popular as the difficulty continues to go up.
Yes it's pool hop proof and "fair" but only really fair to a person if they want to dedicate themselves to mining with that pool and that pool only 24/7

I like your modified proportional score system - a lot of people do and I think you should stay with it , and if you really have to change, change it to a pure PPS like BTCGuild is doing.

thank you for listening Smiley

+1

There are many reasons miners can't be connected 24/7 to one pool. If I lose out everytime I have to do some maintenance or upgrade my miners that's no good. It's good to be loyal, in certain limits. If there really is even a 2% loss due to pool hoppers or invalid blocks/stales, pps with 4% fee may have an advantage due to predicatable income, payout times/0 variance/0% pool hopping loss.
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 04:13:53 PM

cablepair, disclaimer201, I think that DGM is pretty flexible method and it's more about selected parameters how it will work for particular users. Actually there's no reason to think that DGM will make much difference in rewards for average (non-hopping) pool user. Don't forget that current score method is also very "unfriendly" for miners who are disconnecting frequently, but both methods averages out after some time.

I still didn't run my own simulations of DGM on some real data, so I cannot tell for sure if I'll switch to DGM or not, but so far it looks like much advanced method than current score system.  Don't be affraid that I'll make any big change overnight. I prefer evolution more than revolution...

kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 07:58:36 PM

i like Slush's current method

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
digital

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:08:53 PM

Is something up with the btc payouts?  I just noticed the my confirmed reward is over my send threshold. 

I thought it might have just been a delay, but it looks like it's been that way for at least two blocks, maybe three now.

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:22:39 PM

Is something up with the btc payouts?  I just noticed the my confirmed reward is over my send threshold. 

I thought it might have just been a delay, but it looks like it's been that way for at least two blocks, maybe three now.

Same here.

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 11:39:51 PM

I prefer evolution more than revolution...

That is one of the single most intelligent sentences I have ever seen on this forum. Smiley
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2012, 11:50:02 PM

Is something up with the btc payouts?

I did some maintenance and stopped payouts for moment. Now it's working again, expect your payment in 15 minutes...

digital

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:56:52 PM

Thanks Slush!

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: