Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:08:57 PM

where is unthinkingbit? have they given any heads up on whats going on at the moment?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:48:05 PM

No one ever mentioned if this current glitch with DevTome will affect the coming round's payouts? We're nearly at 108000?
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:40:43 PM

Received reply from http://www.igotspots.com/other.html who will sell gold and silver for devcoins.

Alright, we've added Devcoins on a trial period for the month of October. It is now
live and running. We will leave it for the whole month and then re-assess its
performance at the end of October. Thanks for your interest in iGotSpots.com !

This is great news, thanks notabot! Those one ounce American Eagle silver coins would look good in any collection and acquiring them for DVC makes them so much sweeter. Hard assets being acquired without hammering down the DVC/BTC exchange rate, that's where we need to go. Now, if we can get over the dang bot issue maybe one day I'll be able to have my articles included for a payout run. It will happen, I'm sure. In the meantime, I better get writing Smiley

Pretty interesting article the igotspots homepage also links to, couple of weeks old now, but interesting nonetheless:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/09/11/copper-bars-beats-litecoin-per-coin-value/

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:41:11 PM

hmmm. is this going to be the end of devtome? i kept checking this thread from time to time, wondering if i should join in, but it looks like i may have missed the boat on this, huh?  Undecided
jdbtracker

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:36:43 AM

agreed! we need boots on the ground! Writers at their desks, thinkers, thinking and artists doing what they do best... all the time.

we are going to make devcoin into a force the art world can reckon with.

wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:51:41 AM

agreed! we need boots on the ground! Writers at their desks, thinkers, thinking and artists doing what they do best... all the time.

isn't devtome just for writing? where can people post other types of art? e.g. visual art, or music, things like that.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 01:53:12 AM

isn't devtome just for writing? where can people post other types of art? e.g. visual art, or music, things like that.

You do get credit for images as well. Music itself you won't, but lyrics you can.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jdbtracker

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:39:40 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 04:38:20 AM by jdbtracker

We are going to change that as soon as we can.

I don't know how, but a site that can accept music, art, photographs to be admired and studied by others is paramount.

I mean, don't we already judge each others writing on Devtome for conformance to grammar and understandability?
we can do the same for art, music, architecture etc; All we have to do is setup a platform that can accept that type of change.
Heck we can modify the dokuwiki software to allow that.

We can start accepting music and simply judge it in a different way as users hear it.  We can support each other by voting on the quality of work by giving the artists, developers, marketers our own devcoins above and beyond what they earn from having their work accepted. using these coins given through Devtome would allow us to rank users contributions to the arts, a sort of springboard that allows people to more easily share their art.  With this system our most appreciated artists can act as advertisements to further develop the community by attracting further talent and users.

I was also thinking of changing the category system so normal users can judge the works and allow them to be part of a dynamic category system where people can find writings, art, music according to their mood, to the themes, artists,  authors, or just to what is most needed by them to find out, maybe even a bounty system within devtome for people to request works.

We can be the judges of the art and our opinions of it will be the categories; If you have seen TED.com you know the rating system is based on emotions, thoughts, judgments, this system is a limited system compared to what I have in mind. 

expand the tome to be able to accept works from every strata of art, design, technology, architecture, engineering, programming... these people are developers too.  It's a big vision, but a thousand mile journey starts with the first step.

I have looked at the Devcoin system and it is financially sound, it is a good foundation. The coin is not capped, which means there is a lot of room for new artists, writers, engineers, programmers for all creators to benefit.  50,000 coins per block seems like a lot of coins, but in the long run devcoin is designed to last for decades before the generation rate needs to be halved.

the market aspect of Devcoin is very low at the moment, but that can change as we promote our talent. This is where the Devcoin rating system would help, if we judge, rate and categorize all the submitted works together instead of just overloading the admins with it we can move ahead. use the power of the community, of people who truly care about us creators. by creators for creators.  Our best talent will be promoted to advertise what we can accomplish, bringing with it the support of regular users who will want to purchase Devcoins to promote the talent that we have on Devtome.

think about all the people out there who will want to read more about your amazing adventure, who want to see you programming more, who can't wait to hear your next song or see your next painting, they are investing in their own future not just yours, this is how we will make Devcoin worth something more than just a reward scheme but a source for inspiration, art, hope, and self-fulfillment in our personal endeavors.

Are you with me brothers and sisters? lets do this.

1) Allow users to judge categorize and rate with devcoins the works of others.

2) Expand the Devtome to accept music, art, sculptures, architecture, designs, blueprints, code, tutorials, techniques, to reward the expansion of all arts and knowledge to be assessed by all users.

3) Create tools in the tome for people to create and share their works on facebook, youtube, other sites, let the ideas flow forth from Devtome into the world so they may see us and know that we are here.

4) think, create, and remember all ideas are valid, all creation is welcome.

5) plus... we need more language support, I'm sure some people would like to write in a different language.

ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:51:21 AM

I don't know how, but a site that can accept music, art, photographs to be admired and studied by others is paramount.

I mean, don't we already judge each others writing on Devtome for conformance to grammar and understandability?
we can do the same for art, music, architecture etc; All we have to do is setup a platform that can accept that type of change.

We can start accepting music and simply judge it in a different way as users hear it.  We can support each other by voting on the quality of work by giving the artists, developers, marketers our own devcoins above and beyond what they earn from having their work accepted. using these coins given through Devtome would allow us to rank users contributions to the arts, a sort of springboard that allows people to more easily share their art.  With this system our most appreciated artists can act as advertisements to further develop the community by attracting further talent and users.

I was also thinking of changing the category system so normal users can judge the works and allow them to be part of a dynamic category system where people can find writings, art, music according to their mood, to the themes, artists,  authors, or just to what is most needed by them to find out, maybe even a bounty system within devtome for people to request works.

We can be the judges of the art and our opinions of it will be the categories; If you have seen TED.com you know the rating system is based on emotions, thoughts, judgments, this system is a limited system compared to what I have in mind. 

expand the tome to be able to accept works from every strata of art, design, technology, architecture, engineering, programming... these people are developers too.  It's a big vision, but a thousand mile journey starts with the first step.

I have looked at the Devcoin system and it is financially sound, it is a good foundation. The coin is not capped, which means there is a lot of room for new artists, writers, engineers, programmers for all creators to benefit.  50,000 coins per block seems like a lot of coins, but in the long run devcoin is designed to last for decades before the generation rate needs to be halved.

the market aspect of Devcoin is very low at the moment, but that can change as we promote our talent. This is where the Devcoin rating system would help, if we judge, rate and categorize all the submitted works together instead of just overloading the admins with it we can move ahead. use the power of the community, of people who truly care about us creators. by creators for creators.  Our best talent will be promoted to advertise what we can accomplish, bringing with it the support of regular users who will want to purchase Devcoins to promote the talent that we have on Devtome.

think about all the people out there who will want to read more about your amazing adventure, who want to see you programming more, who can't wait to hear your next song or see your next painting, they are investing in their own future not just yours, this is how we will make Devcoin worth something more than just a reward scheme but a source for inspiration, art, hope, and self-fulfillment in our personal endeavors.
Agreed, BUT, you need to be more picky.
Look at how much value devcoin gained since the bot attack.
Had the devtome remained open devcoins value would had gone down to 0 eventually.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 01:29:10 PM

You can post a picture in exchange for 10 words.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 01:30:46 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 01:59:41 PM by FinShaggy

Agreed, BUT, you need to be more picky.
Look at how much value devcoin gained since the bot attack.
Had the devtome remained open devcoins value would had gone down to 0 eventually.

Anyone recognizing the DVC value rise, is recognizing something that happens when people HAVE coins. We didn't skip a payment yet. So all good things happening in the market, have nothing to do with Devtome being down. If anything they can be credited to people selling their coins possibly  thinking that Devtome is never coming back. Which would just go to show that holding coins does nothing for us (If that is in fact what is happening)

One thing we can say for CERTAIN, is that not paying people has nothing to do with the rise in value. As no one gets paid in between rounds anyway.

This is just what happens right before everyone gets paid.

EDIT:
I just looked and you're lying anyways. Last time I was here (and before the bot attack), DVC were .00000039 BTC now they are .00000037 BTC That's not a rise at all, or even worth mentioning really.

ADDED:
And currently, the only reason to buy Devcoins is to support writers, please tell me a reason to buy Devcoins if Devtome were gone for good... You aren't supporting anything, and are buying the cheapest coin there is, that only has 1 shop to use them in...

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:27:38 PM

no hes not lying it was at 29 or lower with selling after bot attack it rose steadily ever since so he has a point.  Its a noticeable change in pace this is the first sustained rally we had for over 6 months.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:11:31 PM

What about music? It takes time and quite a bit of work to write/compose/record/mix a track.  Smiley
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 05:14:54 PM

2) Expand the Devtome to accept music, art, sculptures, architecture, designs, blueprints, code, tutorials, techniques, to reward the expansion of all arts and knowledge to be assessed by all users.

3) Create tools in the tome for people to create and share their works on facebook, youtube, other sites, let the ideas flow forth from Devtome into the world so they may see us and know that we are here.

5) plus... we need more language support, I'm sure some people would like to write in a different language.

I absolutely love where you're going with this. And if devcoin gains more traction, I would certainly be buying more in order to support the artists. I hope some of this can be implemented soon. I would love to see a devcoin-oriented site (or devtome) that encourages the sharing of original music, film, and things of that nature. And I think that would really appeal to the people in general, too.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 06:16:03 PM

I absolutely love where you're going with this. And if devcoin gains more traction, I would certainly be buying more in order to support the artists. I hope some of this can be implemented soon. I would love to see a devcoin-oriented site (or devtome) that encourages the sharing of original music, film, and things of that nature. And I think that would really appeal to the people in general, too.

Yea it would be pretty sweet... would draw alot of attention for sure.. it would just be hard to grade quality because art is based on perception and everyone has different perception.
jdbtracker

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:21:24 PM

Yea it would be pretty sweet... would draw alot of attention for sure.. it would just be hard to grade quality because art is based on perception and everyone has different perception.

That is the beauty of it! The people choose what they appreciate most according to how they feel, think, want. A robust category system is a must, so people can find the best of what they want, whether it is art that evokes laughter, contemplation, insight people will find it.

I'm looking at the Dokuwiki software and looking for ways to turn the wiki into a dynamic hub. It'll take a while so ideas are appreciated.

remember, we can waste our time making sure something is good or we can throw out a whole bunch of ideas out there and find all the ones that are best, keeping all the ideas for later development.  So lets think up a storm here and chart our course to the horizon. The sky is the limit.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:57:07 PM

no hes not lying it was at 29 or lower with selling after bot attack it rose steadily ever since so he has a point.  Its a noticeable change in pace this is the first sustained rally we had for over 6 months.

Oh, well then that is because BTC prices are fluctuating. I haven't been watching DVC.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

What about music? It takes time and quite a bit of work to write/compose/record/mix a track.  Smiley

I've been suggesting that too.

jdbtracker

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:04:41 PM

So I'll start off with my ideas:

1: The category system, users need to be able to label all the art, writing, engineering projects dynamically to reflect the shifting perceptions of all sentient lifeforms, whether they are human or Advanced A.I. system that are on par with humans.( There are a few out there, not bots, but true sentient machines, they can fill out captchas even do math captchas).

The perceptions can range from who the writer or artist is, their themes, the style used, the objects in the film or the types of music being heard, the feel, mood, emotions evoked by the creative works, every category imaginable needs to be incorporated so that people can truly judge a work of creation individually and true to themselves.

2: More user control, tools in all shapes and forms to aid in the creation process, traditional midi composing software using traditional music annotation or dynamic DJ mixing of original works. programs like google sketchup to create 3d architecture or art sculptures, photo/video editing tools, fpga programming tools for hardware designers, dynamic controls for web developers to create interactive website to further advance devtome into the world of the Web 3.0 space. If it aids in the creation of new and dynamic content then we need it on our site.

3: More language support and translation capabilities for all the people of the earth to communicate together and understand each other to further create and learn from our different perspectives.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 09:44:59 PM

Do we have any 3-D artists who would like to get together on OSgrid to build stuff?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: