Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:51:49 AM

They said anyone who filed a complaint they will not help. So a kit is not possible if you filed.

What they said was they don't like it and don't give preferred treatment. I don't think taking my miner with missing pieces is in any way preferred treatment, more just a consolation prize if anything. Though I did give them the excellent idea of shipping with extra cage and back plane which gives them more room to sell add on boards or course they want to make it an upgrade because they've not taken enough of our money.

I'll put my request in and if they honor it I will pull all my complaints, it's that simple. If the situation is resolved there I have no complaint. But if they don't honor the DIY kit then the complaint will stick.

SO now I'll e-mail and see if they get back to me.
i am just looking forward to getting my hands on a rig and blowing several psu in the makings.

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:12:00 AM

so... AMT will ship you parts without PSU's and/or cases and leave the assembly to you. Further, they will not credit individuals for parts not shipped. secondly, they completely disregard an order queue and hint that people filing complaints will get their miner when AMT feels like it. All of you out their groveling for your "parts" and "DIY" kits have at it. Might I also suggest you try amazon.com for a little dignity.

Hey AMT I have filed a complaint with EVERY agency there is. I will not settle for anything other than a FULL refund at this point.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:07:51 AM

I have a ton of power supplies available to use if they would just ship me the boards and the chips. I am more than willing to do this but can't get a response from AMT.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:43:09 AM

When trying different fans, first look at the cfm needed and just make sure ya at least match the total cfm of whatever they ship with. Or... maybe wedge some copper or aluminum tubing between the fins and plumb to a manifold for liquid-cooling... Wink Heck, I'd be tempted to pull the sinks and mount a cold-plate instead. Hmm...

On PSU's gotta say check Amazon or ebay, case in point, http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_6?rh=n%3A1161760%2Ck%3Ahp+server+power+supply%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6906988011&keywords=hp+server+power+supply&ie=UTF8&qid=1396308246&rnid=6525659011

Only catch is that they usually have 1-2 heavy output buses in the form of big copper lugs. Folks sel lug to pcie cable breakouts or just make yer own from some sets of pcie extender cables.
The case is fucked because it can't natively support two power supplies in it.

That's why buying a desktop PC case for this design was retarded. So was hoping it'd all run off of one power supply, and be expandable, to boot.

The way I see it, it'd be better to have dual 750's or 1000watt PSU's - redundancy being the key here (not one power supply issue will take all boards offline).

Shop around for "dual power supply cable" - these will let you connect two powersupplies to one motherboard (or switch). They are fairly cheap.

All 5 modules can run off one supply. The quality of the supply matters, as well as how you hook up the boards. Also the desktop case was not "retarded" as it allows for a larger exhaust fan, bay drive inserts, and the possibility of future upgrades depending on the board design.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:54:54 AM

so... AMT will ship you parts without PSU's and/or cases and leave the assembly to you. Further, they will not credit individuals for parts not shipped. secondly, they completely disregard an order queue and hint that people filing complaints will get their miner when AMT feels like it. All of you out their groveling for your "parts" and "DIY" kits have at it. Might I also suggest you try amazon.com for a little dignity.

Hey AMT I have filed a complaint with EVERY agency there is. I will not settle for anything other than a FULL refund at this point.

Craig I believe we shipped your miner today. When I get to assembly in the afternoon I'll see if I can pull your tracking number.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:55:30 AM

When trying different fans, first look at the cfm needed and just make sure ya at least match the total cfm of whatever they ship with. Or... maybe wedge some copper or aluminum tubing between the fins and plumb to a manifold for liquid-cooling... Wink Heck, I'd be tempted to pull the sinks and mount a cold-plate instead. Hmm...

On PSU's gotta say check Amazon or ebay, case in point, http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_keywords_6?rh=n%3A1161760%2Ck%3Ahp+server+power+supply%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6906988011&keywords=hp+server+power+supply&ie=UTF8&qid=1396308246&rnid=6525659011

Only catch is that they usually have 1-2 heavy output buses in the form of big copper lugs. Folks sel lug to pcie cable breakouts or just make yer own from some sets of pcie extender cables.

That's why buying a desktop PC case for this design was retarded. So was hoping it'd all run off of one power supply, and be expandable, to boot.

The way I see it, it'd be better to have dual 750's or 1000watt PSU's - redundancy being the key here (not one power supply issue will take all boards offline).

Shop around for "dual power supply cable" - these will let you connect two powersupplies to one motherboard (or switch). They are fairly cheap.

All 5 modules can run off one supply. The quality of the supply matters, as well as how you hook up the boards. Also the desktop case was not "retarded" as it allows for a larger exhaust fan, bay drive inserts, and the possibility of future upgrades depending on the board design.

Will you be getting back to people who want to go the DIY route tonight? I'm just trying to figure out when to have my miners here by. Edits, I've got miners on the brain I meant PSUs.

So will a 750 W run three of the cards smoothly or should I go up some wattage on one of the two PSUs?

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:58:01 AM

They said anyone who filed a complaint they will not help. So a kit is not possible if you filed.

We didn't say that. We said that we just don't like clients that have filed a complaint. But to those that have filed a complaint, we can really send them a kit, because it does not qualify as the same product they ordered, therefore despite proof of shipment, they could continue with the complaint and say "AMT shipped me computer parts" or something.

The only way we can ship kits to clients which have filed complaints is either via proof of retraction of that complaint or by signing a waiver stating that you agree to receive the kit instead of the full miner, that you are technically capable of working with PCB components/boards etc..

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:00:08 AM

Will you be getting back to people who want to go the DIY route tonight? I'm just trying to figure out when to have my miners here by. Edits, I've got miners on the brain I meant PSUs.

So will a 750 W run three of the cards smoothly or should I go up some wattage on one of the two PSUs?

A 1000w will run three of the cards smoothly. 750 watt is cutting it too close as most power supplies are not to par and definitely not producing the output they say. It's usually 25% less than the supply claims to be. They sell PSU's based on their momentary laps of peak performances.  "Look it hit 650Watts! Now we can sell it as a 650!! etc."  Something quite similar to the mining industry actually.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:06:24 AM

Likely a dual 800 supply will cheap than 1500

It's likely that 2 x 750/900w supplies will be cheaper and more popular than one big 1500-1800 watt unit anyway, thus less of supply/demand issue. I assume you just need to chain power cables switches of both turn on together so that all boards on the back-plane are powered in the chain at the same time otherwise no joy...

I would like / prefer, 6 x board back plane with 2 power chained together option if it exists...? Some of 800-900w units are fairly small, I wonder if they can they fit in the rack case?!? Both inside, one out one in, both outside?

We can fit it in the rack case, the problem with the 40 nordco cases we bought is that the internal hard drive sections (which pull out) stick in about 1-2 inches too far and it doesn't allow for fans on the back of our cage. We've take all the hard drive pull out sections to the cnc guy, he'll have his minions manually modify(cut down) each of the pullouts. Then we can ship the rack mounts.

Naran, if you'd like we can go ahead and ship you these board/cages as is and get you the cases after we get them modified.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:06:25 AM

We didn't say that. We said that we just don't like clients that have filed a complaint. But to those that have filed a complaint, we can really send them a kit, because it does not qualify as the same product they ordered, therefore despite proof of shipment, they could continue with the complaint and say "AMT shipped me computer parts" or something.

The only way we can ship kits to clients which have filed complaints is either via proof of retraction of that complaint or by signing a waiver stating that you agree to receive the kit instead of the full miner, that you are technically capable of working with PCB components/boards etc..

I mean at this point we are essentially just hooking up the wiring to the correct places and fashioning a housing of our choosing. Or am I incorrect in assumption?
I mean things looks pretty intact in those pictures so I can put stuff together. It would be nice if there was some site support for the DIY kits where we could do a Q and A if there was an issue.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:09:07 AM

am i right in presuming the "kit"  of 5 cards is the 1.2t machine and it comes with lcd screen or is that integral part of pi.

Actually we weren't going to throw in the LCD screen. We were how ever looking for bulk HDMI cables. The idea of the kit is to get the techies their miners quick. As they know what to do with them, we'd assume they'd hook up their monitors to the pi.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:10:24 AM

I ok then I'll probably go with a 1000w and a 800w just so I have the extra overhead.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:11:05 AM

I mean at this point we are essentially just hooking up the wiring to the correct places and fashioning a housing of our choosing. Or am I incorrect in assumption?
I mean things looks pretty intact in those pictures so I can put stuff together. It would be nice if there was some site support for the DIY kits where we could do a Q and A if there was an issue.

Yes you would be just hooking up the the pcie cables to the boards. As well as 5v USB cable to the backplane and the motherboard adapter to the mainboard. Instructions will be provided.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:12:14 AM

am i right in presuming the "kit"  of 5 cards is the 1.2t machine and it comes with lcd screen or is that integral part of pi.

Actually we weren't going to throw in the LCD screen. We were how ever looking for bulk HDMI cables. The idea of the kit is to get the techies their miners quick. As they know what to do with them, we'd assume they'd hook up their monitors to the pi.

Shit I've got an extra monitor sitting around and more then enough HDMI cables. Seems like a viable option to me.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:15:19 AM

I ok then I'll probably go with a 1000w and a 800w just so I have the extra overhead.

The following are good for all 5 boards if you can find one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171069

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817159158

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182251
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:15:43 AM

Yes you would be just hooking up the the pcie cables to the boards. As well as 5v USB cable to the backplane and the motherboard adapter to the mainboard. Instructions will be provided.

Sounds good to me. If I like the performance and I see the issues smoothing out with production, I'd consider getting some extra boards if they are priced right and you you end up selling upgrade kits.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Sounds good to me. If I like the performance and I see the issues smoothing out with production, I'd consider getting some extra boards if they are priced right and you you end up selling upgrade kits.

Alyssa mentioned the upgrade kit you suggested, it seems viable in that aspect for guys that have a currently opted in for the kit.

We're hoping our 4 chip board will be ready sometime next week for mass production, if it is, that board it will allow for much smaller and efficient case options, 1u/2u server cases.
rik_khaos

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:46:26 AM

Alyssa mentioned the upgrade kit you suggested, it seems viable in that aspect for guys that have a currently opted in for the kit.

We're hoping our 4 chip board will be ready sometime next week for mass production, if it is, that board it will allow for much smaller and efficient case options, 1u/2u server cases.

any word on if additional boards could be handled with the one pi?

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:49:35 AM

Upgrade to a touch-screen... http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-3-2-tft-lcd-display-touch-panel-pcb-adapter-sd-slot-for-arduino-2560.html?___store=en&___store=en&gclid=CNDHk_3Kvr0CFSho7AodaksAEg

Better than the 2-bar LCD display... AMT logo friendly. No custom logo emblem needed ... saves more money. (Ok, not really, but it is cooler! lol.)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:51:41 AM

Alyssa,

And Josh rarely types here. Smiley I'll check you're mail and get back to you shortly.

You are certainly not Alyssa, but Josh or Jim pretending to be Alyssa. I quite doubt that an Alyssa would use so many technical terms in her posts and know certain details which just a Josh or a Jim should know from the onset of this topic.

Damn you, AC. I wanted to pen that, but opted to read till the end before opting to post. Ideally, I would rather hold my tongue, assuming the best is happening, vis a vis AMT is doing their best to get a handle on things.

As a courtesy to those with pending orders, I shall keep my noise down to a minimum.

Having been in AMT's office, and even used the bathroom, it's safe to say that nary a woman has graced their office, working there or visiting, pretty Jewish girls or otherwise. Ergo, the ruse from Camp AMT continues.

What's even more amazing is that with all the individuals that supposedly man the AMT_miners account, none of them felt it prudent to satisfy nary a customer that has penned on this thread and what nut. Further amazingly, Joshua Zipkin supposedly rarely pens using this account, let alone taking the time to come here and read posts, reiterated most recently, and he's the brains of the outfit.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: