Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3  (Read 2144938 times)
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:32:47 PM

+1 on linux build, really need one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:51:29 PM

monero.crypto-pool.fr --> Pool Efficiency: 113%
It means that we find more blocks on average than other pools or solo miners.
I would definitely mine at you pool again, if you have merge mining.
Do you have plans in the future to do that?
No I didn't think about it. Let me see what I can do.
EDIT : it seems that merged mining lower the overall hashing speed resulting in lower gain...
That's impossible. Miners give zero shits what you tell them to hash, they just hash away. If it would lower the hashing speed, that's a problem with your implementation - not a problem with merged mining.

Yes but you have to use a special miner to mine merged crypto right ?
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:52:03 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 10:52:29 AM by Starlightbreaker

EDIT : it seems that merged mining lower the overall hashing speed resulting in lower gain...
That's impossible. Miners give zero shits what you tell them to hash, they just hash away. If it would lower the hashing speed, that's a problem with your implementation - not a problem with merged mining.

no                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:55:53 PM

no

Ok then.
We'll test it.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:01:02 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 10:51:21 AM by Starlightbreaker

no

We'll test it.
It can potentially slow down because there a 2 times more blocks, right ?

not exactly sure about cryptonote coins, but i don't think so.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

pttx

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

no slowdown.  Just having to maintain 2 daemons...
AVG22

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:06:11 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528848.0
Merged mining is described here. Do not need a special miner for this!
TheFuneral

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:20:35 AM

my hash rates still drop over time. Does anyone else notice that? This is specifically on r9 290s.
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:09:22 AM

And my programm will be updated  Grin

5% fee - mining, 2% fee - pool, 5% - of exchange

Total:12%
It is a lot of fees.

Still, It fees dumping cost of crypto because them at once sell.

I against such situations.

I'm against someone who can't even type a fucking sentence without sounding like a moron... let alone try to jip someone on their hard work... or try to steal everyone else's hash-rate or mining earnings... or whatever.

I'm not even going to dignify this little shit's software with a download and analysis. Run it through virus-total all you want. I can tell just from the looks of it, it's a cheap visual-basic program with a keylogger, and port-forwarding.

I could have written this program in my sleep when I was 15yrs old.

Your computer skills are shit, your English is shit, and your ETHICS are SHIT.

Go fuck yourself with a cactus.

I vote he gets the ban-hammer.

Claymore - I love fairy tales and do not like evasive answers. Test have 10 minutes - total hashes 206k - target 142k, devhashes 10k - target 18k. On hash - 5%, on target - more then 10%. Draw conclusions.

Hmm... would like to see an actual screenshot of this... because I've ran his miner for days on end, and even did the math, and it still came less than 5%.

Sounds like you're just not happy with a working miner.

In that case, go play around with your pet rock.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:32:43 AM

It is a lot of fees.

I'm against someone who can't even type a fucking sentence without sounding like a moron... let alone try to jip someone on their hard work... or try to steal everyone else's hash-rate or mining earnings... or whatever.

I'm not even going to dignify this little shit's software with a download and analysis. Run it through virus-total all you want. I can tell just from the looks of it, it's a cheap visual-basic program with a keylogger, and port-forwarding.

Claymore - I love fairy tales and do not like evasive answers. Test have 10 minutes - total hashes 206k - target 142k, devhashes 10k - target 18k. On hash - 5%, on target - more then 10%. Draw conclusions.

Hmm... would like to see an actual screenshot of this... because I've ran his miner for days on end, and even did the math, and it still came less than 5%.

Sounds like you're just not happy with a working miner.

In that case, go play around with your pet rock.

boom baby lol.....
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:45:20 AM

It is a lot of fees.

Not supporting him, as he probably can't code for shit - but don't bash people for probably not speaking English natively.

And let's be fair - anyone bypassing Claymore's fee now isn't being unfair in the slightest. What he's getting paid is STUPID disproportionate to the amount of work. $10k or $20k would be plenty. He's no doubt made more than $100k at peak XMR prices and is showing no signs of stopping. Maybe he's dumping, maybe he's not, but he IS hurting Monero.

I'm sorry, but I used to think that way, until I've seen Claymore pump out more than 5 updates in the past week alone. Which is more than I can say for any other miner dev out there... unless they edited their git files late at night drunk and screwed it to hell.

What you're failing to see here Wolf0, is that he's not using open-source software, and he's definitely not using a branch of someone else's software. (If he is, that's his problem.)

The fact of the matter is, he's the first and ONLY AMD GPU MINER RELEASE that has come out for Cryptonight algo.

What you want, is a cookie. What I want, is to mine, and keep the dev happy, and have him keep improving the program.

He has good reason to. The faster he can get his miner to mine, the faster all the users can mine, the more money he makes. Makes perfect sense to be in his shoes.

Do I TOTALLY agree with how he does it? No. Do I think he made a very smart financial move? Hell yes. Did he hide it? Did he steal it? No.

As far as bashing someone who can't speak English natively... speaking is entirely different from writing my friend.
I've seen someone who couldn't speak a proper sentence in English (foreign student) to save their life write a 600 page term paper without a single error... and even beat me.

I'm not bashing him for not being able to speak it... but I am bashing him for coming into a thread for English language, trying to give people a virus, potentially harm computers, steal coins, or who know's what.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
azhago

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:50:10 AM

As said before, i understand the fee thing. Without any open source out there, it's normal for Claymore to make some money for his work - and it's a great work.

But yes, 5% is huge.

Now, the miner is widely used, and i guess his revenue as grown exponantially, maybe it's time to low a bit this fee ?
If he doesn't, we will surely see in a very near future tools or how-to to remove and/or not pay the fee at all.

Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:20:10 AM

I've done several speed optimizations, I believe four, in a day. And yeah, it sucks that nobody donates, so I'm not bitching about his fee. I'm saying, he posted this on June 4th. Today is the 30th. Do you really, REALLY think that $100,000+ USD is fair compensation - even if he was working, say, 8h/day minus weekends?

1. Do you really think that I earned 100K$ on this miner? Smiley I got in many times less. Anyway, it is good but not huge amount for me, I have a good experience in some areas and my hour rate is expensive. You can confirm my experience easily. It seems you are good developer - create faster AMD miner (or with same speed) and I will reduce/remove dev fee, competition is the most natural way of regulation. But of course talking/calculation about my fee is a lot easier than making miner-competitor.
2. Do you really think that I created this miner on June 4th, within one day? Smiley

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:39:16 AM

I've done several speed optimizations, I believe four, in a day. And yeah, it sucks that nobody donates, so I'm not bitching about his fee. I'm saying, he posted this on June 4th. Today is the 30th. Do you really, REALLY think that $100,000+ USD is fair compensation - even if he was working, say, 8h/day minus weekends?
1. Do you really think that I earned 100K$ on this miner? Smiley I got in many times less. Anyway, it is good but not huge amount for me, I have a good experience in some areas and my hour rate is expensive. You can confirm my experience easily. It seems you are good developer - create faster AMD miner (or with same speed) and I will reduce/remove dev fee, competition is the most natural way of regulation. But of course talking/calculation about my fee is a lot easier than making miner-competitor.
2. Do you really think that I created this miner on June 4th, within one day? Smiley
just remove the fee or pools will
-- Claymore fees cut --
50% of Claymore fees will be taken and given back to miners. Starting now.
Mining is becoming harder and harder. Profit is getting lower and lower while fees remain the same.
It is not sustainable for a private GPU miner to keep such high fees while most of miners aren't making any profit.
 -- Dev donation --
10% of pool gain will be given to devs.
We are not going to add fees to miners so we'll make donation from our gain.

please cut 100% of Claymore fees

To be clear, I didn't cut the Claymore fees because most people were opposed to it on IRC.
Everyone want lower fees but they feel that taking it from Claymore is stealing.

So the only that can really lower fees is the dev himself.
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:40:46 AM

You guys bitch too much about dev fees, but cry like hell when nobody donates because you worked so hard.

1. Wolf0, you used an open-source program to make your miner. Claymore wrote his own. When you can write your own, and see how long it takes for it to be written, and maintain/update it as often as he has, and do all this in good faith that the community will donate to you... then you would have a leg to stand on in this argument.

The only reason I am defending claymore at the moment, is because 1.. he was the first to write it... 2.. his time is valuable... and 3.. 5%, after doing all the math, is NOT that much.

All you pool devs take 0.5-3% in mining fees... now take into account how many miners you have on  your pool... and how often you find blocks... you can't say shit about how much he makes off his dev fees.

If I mined at one of your pools for 20 hours... he gets 1 hour, split into small sessions over that period of time... mined for himself... and it BARELY affects my hashrate to the pool... and YOU are still getting paid.

All you open-source devs... you want to bitch about it so much? Make something better, and stop complaining. The man said he would reduce or remove the dev fees completely if someone can make a faster miner.

He wrote his own code, so guess what you're stuck doing.

Port that shit over from the cpu-miner like tsiv did for ccminer. Shouldn't be too hard, cgminer was all originally based off a cpu-miner.

Palad1n

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:54:58 AM

Don't listen to them Claymore, don't listen.
Freeloader let rest.
f***ing m*r*ns ))
seljak

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:26:10 AM

people crying about fees  Roll Eyes

I did the next best thing...not mining xmr. If it is profitable enough for you i dont see a problem. My problem with cn coins is miner fee + pool fees + rejected shares + orphaned blocks + unreliable pools(or not finding blocks at all) + price droping = not even half of what profitability calc say i should get.
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:28:50 AM

first pool have break the ice as blocking fees for showing it can be done.
it is now only matter of time other pools to ban the fee, permanenty
you will soon see first good pool blocking fees rising with their hashrates to the roof.
whos pool will it be?

I can stop mantaining my miners and don't release new ones, the only reason I do this job is dev fee.
It seems you would prefer not to have CryptoNote AMD GPU miner at all, it's up to you. The only reason you have it is dev fee.
There is another solution - create private miner and mine coins on a lot of aws servers, get 30-50% of ALL coins. You know this way works for BBR.
Is it better than my approach? I can do similar thing, but I don't like it and I'm not going to do it, that's what I call unfair. IMO, dev fee is much better.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
pooltobe

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:30:45 AM

running a pool is far from beeing easy, it's quite a load of stress, of devotion, of beeing involved, answer miners emails/requests..
so complaining about fee is really not welcome..
beside what most people think, fee should NOT be 0%, but 1 or 2%..

about developing a full mining tool, or even using some open sources to build/make better another mining tool, it's about the same : time, complain, stress..

so accept fees.. this is really welcome..
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:35:54 AM

I think people have to make a compromise. Claymore will not remove fees.
Fees are not really the problem. High-fees are the problem. It makes people feel it's unfair.

People accept 2% fees on pool, what about lowering the miner fees to 2% too ?
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: