Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:18:16 PM

Wish BTC would stop plummeting.  It's being dominated by day traders.

The DOW drops on bad news, the Asian market reacts, and guess what dumps on Chinese exchanges almost simultaneously?  Yep, bitcoin.

It's still being treated as a stock/commodity.

That's fine, don't mind if it's treated as a stock/commodity, as long as you can trade it on Wall Street, then we will see some real $ in BTC.

yep, keep the big picture and long term in mind.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:21:33 PM

The DOW drops on bad news, the Asian market reacts, and guess what dumps on Chinese exchanges almost simultaneously?  Yep, bitcoin.

That's fine, don't mind if it's treated as a stock/commodity, as long as you can trade it on Wall Street, then we will see some real $ in BTC.

Yeah, but you guys keep mentioning that if the worldwide stock markets tank, people will dump stocks and flock to bitcoin as a hedge (like they do gold).  But if they treat bitcoin like a stock, then it will get dumped too.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:26:13 PM

Yeah, but you guys keep mentioning that if the worldwide stock markets tank, people will dump stocks and flock to bitcoin as a hedge (like they do gold).  But if they treat bitcoin like a stock, then it will get dumped too.

maybe, no guarantees.

but too early to come to any conclusions.  maybe not enough turmoil yet.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:27:24 PM

Personally, I think this is the most likely scenario as well. ATM bitcoin is like a very risky commodity.  Things would have to get really really ugly (like breaking some major rules thereby breaking trust in traditional systems) for bitcoin to become a 'safe haven' in case of a financial crash.  
Five or ten years from now, that might be a different story.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:36:12 AM

Personally, I think this is the most likely scenario as well. ATM bitcoin is like a very risky commodity.  Things would have to get really really ugly (like breaking some major rules thereby breaking trust in traditional systems) for bitcoin to become a 'safe haven' in case of a financial crash.  

It's difficult to treat Bitcoin like anything specifically because it's a stock, commodity, asset, currency, fuel, all in one.  It can thrive in any environment.  If Wall Streets starts buying, expect BTC to be in the $10k's
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:14:41 AM

Personally, I think this is the most likely scenario as well. ATM bitcoin is like a very risky commodity.  Things would have to get really really ugly (like breaking some major rules thereby breaking trust in traditional systems) for bitcoin to become a 'safe haven' in case of a financial crash. 

It's difficult to treat Bitcoin like anything specifically because it's a stock, commodity, asset, currency, fuel, all in one.  It can thrive in any environment.  If Wall Streets starts buying, expect BTC to be in the $10k's

they are already pumping the shit out of it in the media.. non stop interviews, articles etc day after day the last week or two.. and all of it very positive stuff.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:31:56 AM

Average Joes don't pump BTC to $10K.  First the whale pumpers do, THEN Average Joe starts buying at the higher price.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:03:00 AM

It's a shared ledger, so it really is none of those things.  You might use it as those things, but then again I can do the same with seashells or rocks.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:15:53 AM

It's a shared ledger, so it really is none of those things.  You might use it as those things, but then again I can do the same with seashells or rocks.

"shared ledger" is only half the picture (the tally), the privately-held keys being the other (ownership) half.

Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:17:27 AM

Yes, I think the likely scenario is that, as the global slow-down continues, money will flow to the dollar first since it is perceived by many as the safest asset.
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:24:12 AM

Yes, I think the likely scenario is that, as the global slow-down continues, money will flow to the dollar first since it is perceived by many as the safest asset.

Then precious metals and housing secondly, as they will always maintain 'some' intrinsic value.  

Trust me, in a true SHTF scenario, NOBODY is going to want or care for bitcoin.  They're going to want food, shelter, clothing, and nationally recognized currency that will be accepted anywhere with historical usage that extends back thousands of years: silver and gold.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:52:20 AM

"shared ledger" is only half the picture (the tally), the privately-held keys being the other (ownership) half.

It's a shared ledger that requires a private key to sign valid transactions.  But it's a shared ledger nonetheless.  To see the private keys as another "half" of Bitcoin muddles the issue.  You'd be right if you said the other half is the protocol that governs access to the ledger.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:56:37 AM

It's a shared ledger that requires a private key to sign valid transactions.  But it's a shared ledger nonetheless.  To see the private keys as another "half" of Bitcoin muddles the issue.  You'd be right if you said the other half is the protocol that governs access to the ledger.

you sound muddled, and I don't have time to explain it fully. Best, but well done it is indeed a shared ledger, glad you got that bit figured out.

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:56:51 AM

i would actually look the hell out with this strategy.  i have a sell signal on the dollar.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:08:08 AM

i would actually look the hell out with this strategy.  i have a sell signal on the dollar.

I have a big bold buy signal.. both stocks and usd will fly until they dont we will all know when it is here.. the crash will be easy to see question is who will be prepared for it? It has to suck in avg joes first and when that happens big boys offload and with system breaking they will look for an out.. not sure when that is but the event will be epic and hard not to see
Murq

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:32:04 AM

Gaud, the last thing i want to do is create another massive thread like the "Gold-I smell a trap" one over in Economics that went on for 5 months.  it was just too much work.  most ppl here into gold/silver won't like what i have to say so don't bother reading further.

my views haven't changed.  i think gold/silver is a relic of the past and Bitcoin will assume its place as a new standard.  i think gold drops to $400.  i think that we are about to embark on a massive debt deleveraging phase which will be deflationary and take stocks down with it to test the March 09 lows at least.  we may drift a few more days higher in the Dow before it rolls over.  i see divergences everywhere but especially with the Transports, Russell, and ALL commodities like oil, natural gas, wheat, corn, rice, soybeans, copper and gold/silver.  the silver chart especially is busted.  the general mining stocks are telegraphing hard times ahead like FCX, TCK, BHP.  the junior miners have been devastated as in GDXJ.  GDX is following it down.

there's a good chance Wall St and the Fed are desperately trying to manipulate the Dow higher to get retail investors back in but don't buy it.  once we roll they will sell/short you into oblivion.  the Vix did an underthrow today once again to try and create complacency.

i'm going to try and not say much more as i could be wrong and i know the gold bugs are going to start swarming with the hate.

just gonna put this right here on page one thousand and something.
flipstyle

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:36:33 AM

Gaud, the last thing i want to do is create another massive thread like the "Gold-I smell a trap" one over in Economics that went on for 5 months.  it was just too much work.  most ppl here into gold/silver won't like what i have to say so don't bother reading further.

my views haven't changed.  i think gold/silver is a relic of the past and Bitcoin will assume its place as a new standard.  i think gold drops to $400.  i think that we are about to embark on a massive debt deleveraging phase which will be deflationary and take stocks down with it to test the March 09 lows at least.  we may drift a few more days higher in the Dow before it rolls over.  i see divergences everywhere but especially with the Transports, Russell, and ALL commodities like oil, natural gas, wheat, corn, rice, soybeans, copper and gold/silver.  the silver chart especially is busted.  the general mining stocks are telegraphing hard times ahead like FCX, TCK, BHP.  the junior miners have been devastated as in GDXJ.  GDX is following it down.

there's a good chance Wall St and the Fed are desperately trying to manipulate the Dow higher to get retail investors back in but don't buy it.  once we roll they will sell/short you into oblivion.  the Vix did an underthrow today once again to try and create complacency.

i'm going to try and not say much more as i could be wrong and i know the gold bugs are going to start swarming with the hate.

lawl.  Such foresight.  Much tin foil.  Wow!

Gold to 400 and bitcoin to el moon they said.  Buy buy buy!!
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:40:32 AM

lawl.  Such foresight.  Much tin foil.  Wow!

Gold to 400 and bitcoin to el moon they said.  Buy buy buy!!

since March 13, 2012, Bitcoin has destroyed Gold.  theZerg ought to give us an update.
flipstyle

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:45:57 AM

lawl.  Such foresight.  Much tin foil.  Wow!

Gold to 400 and bitcoin to el moon they said.  Buy buy buy!!

since March 13, 2012, Bitcoin has destroyed Gold.  theZerg ought to give us an update.

Well I can't fault you on your pick and choose time frame.  You're right on that.  Gold has not crashed to the depths you speak of, though.  Not even close.  Now the question is, how many people such as yourself had the foresight to buy in big before the rise (many of which had potential realized profits devoured by the Gox debacle).  My guess is you're in the minority.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:48:44 AM

lawl.  Such foresight.  Much tin foil.  Wow!

Gold to 400 and bitcoin to el moon they said.  Buy buy buy!!

since March 13, 2012, Bitcoin has destroyed Gold.  theZerg ought to give us an update.

Well I can't fault you on your pick and choose time frame.  You're right on that.  Gold has not crashed to the depths you speak of, though.  Not even close.  Now the question is, how many people such as yourself had the foresight to buy in big before the rise (many of which had potential realized profits devoured by the Gox debacle).  My guess is you're in the minority.

that's probably true.  but alot of those ppl who lost on Gox are true believers who might have been stung but not killed.  they'll use this recent dip to reload.
Pages: « 1 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: