Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589758 times)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:16:33 AM

thanks for reply, i did get the virusprog to accept it but now chrome blocks it, im using win10, avg free, chrome

This should help you:

1. Go to chrome://settings or just click on the settings icon on the dashboard.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and click on Show advanced settings

3. Under advanced settings, find the subsection called Privacy and Security. Then look turn off the option Protect you and your device from dangerous sites.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 08:19:45 AM

Hi! does v14.7 work properly on rigs with amd cards that have been modified`? all my cards have already changed the bios  Huh Huh

14.6 works fine with my modded cards. I tried rxboost and the straps but I couldn't get any better speed than my custom settings. But it is generally stable apart from a weird drop in effective hashrate after about 5 days of mining. A restart of claymore gets it back to normal effectiveness.

if you have the original BIOS from those modded cards, it's better to flash them back to stock and run the new Clay, will get better results in that way

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Androlon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 09:22:10 AM

Claymore is a thief.
First sorry for english because i use google translator.
Claymore is probably not enough to receive a percentage of each miner, now it is stealing a cryptocurrency from the wallet using its Trojan.
I will describe how it all happened:
Download Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred / Siacoin / Lbry / Pascal / Blake2s / Keccak AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner (v14.7). - it was on Saturday (July 6, 2019).
Link took with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0 - DOWNLOAD LINK: MEGA - https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w
As always, the antivirus recalled that in the middle of the virus.
Ignored, as in previous times.
And then it began (I kept the cryptocurrency in JAXX).
JAXX - he started himself. I was able to quickly close and delete it, but it did not help.
Stolen:
BTC - 0.17215765
BCH - 0.2061215
ETH - 14.32357433
This is 2 years and 2 months of mining.
I have invested all my savings in 2 farms. I planned to buy an apartment in order to have my own (I waited until ETH would be at $ 1000 - then it would be for a one-room, but my apartment). And now everything.
As I saw that the wallet was empty, my heart almost stopped.
I can not sleep 2 nights.
kenron

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:06:27 AM

oh Androlon, NEVER KEEP CRYPTO IN JAXX, its been hacked before and will be again, always keep ur crypto in a ledger nano S og similar and keep the security words/phraze in a different location, its not claymore stealing, but that sharepoint were we download claymore is always infected with some sheit, its also possible that u have gotten robbed by someone outside through some keyloggers or similar through other websites.
kenron

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:08:15 AM

Androlon! have u contacted jaxx support? they might be able to stop transactions or track it
Androlon

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:32:48 AM

Androlon! have u contacted jaxx support? they might be able to stop transactions or track it

Late. Showed that everything is confirmed.
Androlon

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 10:46:22 AM

oh Androlon, NEVER KEEP CRYPTO IN JAXX, its been hacked before and will be again, always keep ur crypto in a ledger nano S og similar and keep the security words/phraze in a different location, its not claymore stealing, but that sharepoint were we download claymore is always infected with some sheit, its also possible that u have gotten robbed by someone outside through some keyloggers or similar through other websites.

I do not use keyloggers.
And I do not visit such sites from this computer.
It happened right after the miner’s download from Claymore.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 10:50:10 AM

I do not use keyloggers.
And I do not visit such sites from this computer.
It happened right after the miner’s download from Claymore.

there is no virus inside the zipped Clay folder, there should be an issue somewhere else, you got infected by some other app
I'm sorry for your lost bro, no one can help you to get back your cryptos, Jaxx support can do nothing here

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:06:08 AM

Claymore is a thief.
First sorry for english because i use google translator.
Claymore is probably not enough to receive a percentage of each miner, now it is stealing a cryptocurrency from the wallet using its Trojan.
I will describe how it all happened:
Download Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred / Siacoin / Lbry / Pascal / Blake2s / Keccak AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner (v14.7). - it was on Saturday (July 6, 2019).
Link took with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0 - DOWNLOAD LINK: MEGA - https://mega.nz/#F!O4YA2JgD!n2b4iSHQDruEsYUvTQP5_w
As always, the antivirus recalled that in the middle of the virus.
Ignored, as in previous times.
And then it began (I kept the cryptocurrency in JAXX).
JAXX - he started himself. I was able to quickly close and delete it, but it did not help.
Stolen:
BTC - 0.17215765
BCH - 0.2061215
ETH - 14.32357433
This is 2 years and 2 months of mining.
I have invested all my savings in 2 farms. I planned to buy an apartment in order to have my own (I waited until ETH would be at $ 1000 - then it would be for a one-room, but my apartment). And now everything.
As I saw that the wallet was empty, my heart almost stopped.
I can not sleep 2 nights.

Securing your wallet is owners responsibility, and WTH you are storing your wallet in your mining machine??

kenron

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 11:22:23 AM

sorry for ur loss, but claymore has nothing to do with it!! JAXX has been hacked before and its never clever to store our crypto in such wallets!!! keyloggers can be infected by many sites/links, and MEGA NZ doesnt have a good rumor either!
avtotranskont.ru

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 11:53:01 AM

thanks for the version 14.7
Androlon

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:07:02 PM

Securing your wallet is owners responsibility, and WTH you are storing your wallet in your mining machine??

Not. On your home computer.
Androlon

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:21:38 PM

sorry for ur loss, but claymore has nothing to do with it!! JAXX has been hacked before and its never clever to store our crypto in such wallets!!! keyloggers can be infected by many sites/links, and MEGA NZ doesnt have a good rumor either!
But for some reason this happened immediately after downloading Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v14.7
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2019, 09:12:44 AM by leonix007

Not. On your home computer.

Not in a mining machine eh..

But for some reason this happened immediately after downloading Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v14.7

Your Home PC were compromised, Probably that information were already gathered even before downloading CM app, when you run the application it was already confirmed on your PC's open ports. Sorry for the loss
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:20:29 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 05:31:48 PM by Binary100100
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

I've been hacked... twice.
Both times they used RDP to access. The first time they just used my Google password and cleaned out some of my trading platform wallets (Nicehash, Gemini, Binance, etc) because I had my passwords saved on Chrome. Really stupid! I only lost a couple hundred bucks though. But I should have taken better action than changing my passwords because that's all I did. The second time it was because Chrome Remote Desktop! (That was another dumb idea. Almost as dumb as having everything stored to my Exodus wallet.)
What I think happened the first time was someone cracked my Google account (again). With that they were able to access my machines... to include the one with my Exodus wallet. They logged on, installed a keylogger and logged off. They logged on again later once they acquired my password for Exodus and cleaned me out. They I had over 30LTC stored in it.
It had nothing to do with Claymore though because I didn't have it installed on my machine with Exodus.

So now....

I use Awesome Miner to manager my rigs on a separate machines (I don't have any internet browsers on it or anything else) and my rigs don't have anything saved to it. I mine with MiningPoolHub and everything is paid out to my Ledger hardware wallet. All trading platforms I access with only one machine (which I turn on and off only as needed) and my cellphone. My mining rigs and the machine with Awesome Miner are all connected to a VPN router. I won't say that it's impossible to hack but it's definitely a lot more secure than before. I have changed the RDP access ports (no longer 3389) I also have Pulseway installed on my primary machine (that I'm on now) and whenever an RDP connection is logged in Windows event logger (Event ID's 1149) it sends an alert to my phone. Of course I updated the firewall settings on both of my routers (primary router and my VPN router) so that a remote connection can only be made by ONE machine (white listed for the one with Awesome Miner running.)

Still... I don't tempt fate. I shut down everything that I don't need and I run anti-virus (ESET) and MalwareBytes daily.

Conclusion:
Use this as a learning experience. I heard stories of being hacked and losing everything but I never really learned anything from anyone because "It'll never happen to me. I'm a nobody."
Some optimism though: At least you were hacked today instead of next month when you have even more to lose. I wouldn't even bother trying to pursue the hacker/thief because even if you could identify him/her there's nothing your local law enforcement will do. Assuming you could prove it, it would be a tough case to fight in court.

Advice:
If you NEED to use a wallet (such as Exodus) then store it only on a virtual machine and then shut it down when you don't need it. And obviously never store your passwords on Chrome or any other browser. (I can't believe I did that.)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:45:41 PM

~snip~
Both times they used RDP to access. The first time they just used my Google password and cleaned out some of my trading platform wallets (Nicehash, Gemini, Binance, etc) because I had my passwords saved on Chrome. Really stupid! I only lost a couple hundred bucks though. But I should have taken better action than changing my passwords because that's all I did. The second time it was because Chrome Remote Desktop! (That was another dumb idea. Almost as dumb as having everything stored to my Exodus wallet.)
What I think happened the first time was someone cracked my Google account (again). With that they were able to access my machines... to include the one with my Exodus wallet. They logged on, installed a keylogger and logged off. They logged on again later once they acquired my password for Exodus and cleaned me out. They I had over 30LTC stored in it.
It had nothing to do with Claymore though because I didn't have it installed on my machine with Exodus.

So now....

I use Awesome Miner to manager my rigs on a separate machines (I don't have any internet browsers on it or anything else) and my rigs don't have anything saved to it. I mine with MiningPoolHub and everything is paid out to my Ledger hardware wallet. All trading platforms I access with only one machine (which I turn on and off only as needed) and my cellphone. My mining rigs and the machine with Awesome Miner are all connected to a VPN router. I won't say that it's impossible to hack but it's definitely a lot more secure than before. I have changed the RDP access ports (no longer 3389) I also have Pulseway installed on my primary machine (that I'm on now) and whenever an RDP connection is logged in Windows event logger (Event ID's 1149) it sends an alert to my phone. Of course I updated the firewall settings on both of my routers (primary router and my VPN router) so that a remote connection can only be made by ONE machine (white listed for the one with Awesome Miner running.)

Still... I don't tempt fate. I shut down everything that I don't need and I run anti-virus (ESET) and MalwareBytes daily.

Conclusion:
Use this as a learning experience. I heard stories of being hacked and losing everything but I never really learned anything from anyone because "It'll never happen to me. I'm a nobody."
Some optimism though: At least you were hacked today instead of next month when you have even more to lose. I wouldn't even bother trying to pursue the hacker/thief because even if you could identify him/her there's nothing your local law enforcement will do. Assuming you could prove it, it would be a tough case to fight in court.

Advice:
If you NEED to use a wallet (such as Exodus) then store it only on a virtual machine and then shut it down when you don't need it. And obviously never store your passwords on Chrome or any other browser. (I can't believe I did that.)

This is a very informative and experience-filled post; I think you should make a new thread (maybe in Beginners & Help section?) and express this experience of yours there, so that it may reach more people and create more awareness.
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 05:52:32 PM

~snip~

So now....

Conclusion:

Advice:

This is a very informative and experience-filled post; I think you should make a new thread (maybe in Beginners & Help section?) and express this experience of yours there, so that it may reach more people and create more awareness.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that can share stories. I'll consider it.
I forgot to mention another thing that I do as well... should be a no-brainer though... change your IP address assigned by your ISP. Do this by changing the mac address on the router. Reboot if necessary. So if someone is trying to do a MITM (man in the middle attack) or trying to crack your computers by brute-force then make it tougher for them by changing your IP address every once in a while. Wink
SurgedTwice

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 07:06:13 PM

Hey Claymore any input or any sort of work going on to get the new rx 5700xt mining on your platform? Thanks!
BZiGER

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 08:06:53 PM

Hey Claymore any input or any sort of work going on to get the new rx 5700xt mining on your platform? Thanks!
I think whole ETH community is waiting for this  Wink
Dowper_

Activity: 221
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 08:32:30 PM

I think whole ETH community is waiting for this  Wink

+1

My crypto mining channel - Aleks Mining
Pages: « 1 ... 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: