Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:02:33 PM

This one is for coders:
Code:
function genoil_statics ()

{
#### Arrange the output for Genoil statics

if [[ "$ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE" == "GENOIL" ]]; then

# Check if Genoil is running. Note that I have to search the full path as there is a few miners with the same exec's name
    ps aux | grep -v grep | grep miner | grep -q "$KEY_GENOIL"
    if  [[ $? -eq 0 ]]; then
        GENOIL_IS_RUNNING="YES"
        TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS=20       # The timeout for the command timeout to wait
        GENOIL_NUMBER_OF_HASHRATES_TO_SHOW=3    # Default 3, and I want to keep this value independent for each miner
        echo
        echo "It seems that GENOIL is running!!"

# Extract the output from screen
        echo "Running timeout+script+screen for $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS seconds"
        timeout $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS script -q ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen --command "screen -dr miner"
        sleep 2
#      screen -d miner # does not seem to need to be Detached

# I don't see any valuable information than the total hashrate (I'll show a few at last)
        # Surprise!!!, sed 's/ /\n/g' no convierte espacios en saltos de linea, pero la misma linea en la consola si lo hace!!!
        TOTAL_HASHRATE=$(cat ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen | grep "Mining on PoWhash" | cut -d":" -f4 |  cut -d" " -f2 | sed 's/ /\n/g' | tail -$GENOIL_NUMBER_OF_HASHRATES_TO_SHOW

# Mount the little thing Genoil gives us
        #
        echo "Latest total hashrates : " > ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt
        echo $TOTAL_HASHRATE >> ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt

echo "Latest total hashrates   : " > ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt
        echo $TOTAL_HASHRATE >> ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt

# Insert the Title for Genoil mining information
        sed -i "1s/^/** Genoil mining  Information **\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt
        sed -i "1s/^/\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics.txt

sed -i "1s/^/** Genoil mining  Information **\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt
        sed -i "1s/^/\n/" ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/miner_statics_log_file.txt

else
        echo "Genoil does not seem to be running!!. Skiping this bit."
        GENOIL_IS_RUNNING="NO"
    fi
fi
}

I found out a way to capture the output from screen in real time. See the lines:

Code:
# Extract the output from screen
        echo "Running timeout+script+screen for $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS seconds"
        timeout $TIMEOUT_FOR_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS script -q ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen --command "screen -dr miner"
        sleep 2
#      screen -d miner # does not seem to need to be Detached

This run screen for 20 seconds (timeout command) and saves output to file ~/kk003_telegram_data/files/output_miner_from_screen (script command). -dr forces to attach miner (so if user have screen open in a terminal will close it and the script will do its job). After 20 seconds miner is detached without need to send CTRL+d.
This works better if ran from a non interactive terminal, ejem: from nvoc system  Tongue.

This means it is possible to capture the output of any miner even if all of it shows only on terminal (no log file, web server, argument -L on screen, etc).
I hope it will be useful for you too.

PD: if you use "tail -f file" to watch the output in real time don't trust what you see. The real output is in the file (do a cat file or whatever). Keep in main, if you log the output of your script probably you'll get those 20 seconds from screen in the log file too.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MentalNomad

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:04:49 PM

Regarding basic vs. advanced 1bash... I'd like to see it broken into three pieces.

• I would love to see the logical functions in the 1bash; choices of logic and add-ons to use (or not, for basic.) Many of us would largely use the same settings on groups of rigs, but the file necessarily changes with every update.
  • I would love to see the per-GPU and per-coin OC settings broken out into another stand-alone file; these all need to preserved between versions and rebuilds, but are completely unique to each rig. Persistent but local.
  • I would love to see the Addresses, Workers, Pools, Ports section become a stand-alone file; these are all the same on all my rigs, and when I change any, I want to change them on all my rigs. These don't change for rebuilds or for upgrades and need to be copied every time. Persistent and global.

Just a thought.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:22:56 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 10:41:25 PM by fullzero

Is there a simple command to update xorg? I think this is the solution to my driver/temp control problems.

this will generate one that enables most features

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus --cool-bits=31
for normal gpus

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus --cool-bits=12
for P106_100s

My guess is your problem is related to the P106_100s and normal GPUs working best with different coolbits settings.  Hard to know without one of those to test with.

papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:29:51 PM

If anyone has any coins in bittrex try to transfer them ASAP

My Enhanced verified account  and many more accounts has been disabled for more than 5 days with no reply from them.

Bittrex on bicointalk
Cointelegraph.com article on bittrex disbale accounts
bitcointalk scam accusations

Has this been resolved?

Bittrex's statement:

The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts
@fullzero, unfortunately it hasn't resolved yet , and Bittrex doesn't reply to any email or support tickets,
2 days to gold fork and our coins are blocked there.

@MentalNomad
Yes, I seen Their statement...
But if disabled accounts are so small percent why is it taking more than 10 days with no answer from support and none get enabled yet?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:34:37 PM

fullzero, you mentioned active cooling for 1080tis with 133 CFM 120mm fans.
I’m interested in this solution, but I’m not sure if I will be able to put it together. Can you please share some details.

Do you remove original fans and cover so that only the cooler fins remain?
How do you mount fans?
How do you power the fans?

I leave the shroud (GPU fans and casing) on; although if you were super exacting it would probably be best to remove these; not worth the time IMO.

The way my open frames are (see one of the demo videos); I just zip tie them to the front (blowing into the 1080tis) and power them via a 3x fan to molex adapter / then molex to whatever is available with the rigs PSU.  I get fans from Hawkfish007 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352509; he includes the 3x fan to molex adapters with the fans.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:36:00 PM

But if disabled accounts are so small percent why is it taking more than 10 days with no answer from support and none get enabled yet?
Again, a topic that I don't want to digress into, but I will say (having personally witness that specific event in real-time) that you're conflating 2 unrelated issues into 1 (that statement was about a specific subset of accounts that were already fully verified and disabled due to a specific software change and all of those specific users were all re-enabled within less than 2 hours time).

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:39:57 PM

I have seen a 5 inch touch screen on Amazon intended for the Raspberry Pi. It takes an HDMI input and the touch output is via USB. It apparently works with Ubuntu on the Pi. Wonder if the touch screen support is in the nvOC version of Ubuntu? It would look really cute sitting on top of my rig.

If it works with Ubuntu; it should either outright work with nvOC or be able to work after installing the necessary software.
papampi

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:40:34 PM

Again, a topic that I don't want to digress into, but I will say (having personally witness that specific event in real-time) that you're conflating 2 unrelated issues into 1 (that statement was about a specific subset of accounts that were already fully verified and disabled due to a specific software change and all of those specific users were all re-enabled within less than 2 hours time).
I just gave a notice that my account got disabled and notify others, thats it.
This thread is not the place to talk or argue about Bittrex ...
You like Bittrex, good for you.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:41:45 PM

Hi all,

looking for a motherboard to build 6GPU rig on nvOC, what's the best choice of Mobo+CPU based on price/quality/performance/nvOC19 compatability/etc, what would be your choice. Source is Amazon.com

Thanks for your opinion

you can PM me

for a 6x mobo I prefer:

https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-H81-PRO-BTC-R2-0/dp/B01M5FQZYE

or

https://www.amazon.com/Biostar-189846-Motherboard-Lga1150-Express/dp/B01MDLLQK5
papampi

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:00:06 PM

It took 9 or so days for my enhanced registration to finally get cleared up. All I got was a quick email saying it was completed. I know this is different than those of you that have money sitting in there but I assume they are getting thru the tickets just as slow as they can!

Thats good news, you are the first I seen to got his account enabled again.
Hopefully others issues will be solved soon too.

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:07:51 PM

Good to see you back on track fullzero. Hope you are doing good Smiley

I have a question about new ALT coins being added to 1bash. I guess you prob. have already seen the discussion between other members.

I would like to know your opinion about adding new ALT coins, some of them are not even on exchanges (some may never go as you never know).

Some of our members think that its already filled up with JUNK coins, you think adding them would be no point? or adding them for some beginners who can't find them on their own?

I would be happy with either of options  I can add myself as many coins I want, but I will exclude them (not all but only some) and only add the requested coins in my 1bash update.

I would also like to ask your opinion about having a nvOC telegram channel to share and discuss different things, if you think it is a good idea then I'm happy to start one.

I know we already have btctalk platform as medium but having a channel will make expand it more IMHO.

NOTE : Other members are also welcome to speak up their opinion about telegram channel & having upcoming ALT coins in 1bash. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:09:45 PM

OK, I figured it out, and it may be useful for others...

I sorted it by comparing the output of
nvidia-smi

to the output of
nvidia-smi -q

instead of
nvidia-smi -q -d clock

The second command shows all the detail on the GPUs, while the third one only showed clock info...
[clip]

This is quite useful handy stuff to have, hope these will help me to improve my RIG's efficiency based on individual power limits. Thanks for that.

Just FYI, my preliminary testing:

While some of my 1070s GPUs support power limits as low as 75 watts, taking them down to, say 85 watts, severely reduces hashrate - drops from 30 Mh/s for ETH to 26 Mh/s. Raising them back to around 100 watts bumps up the performance.

The GPUs that insist on 110 watts minimum don't seem to perform better than those running at 100 watts, but that's just based on rough eyeballing. I'll need longer run averages to be sure... and the higher-power GPUs may allow for more OC. Time will tell.

I won't be able to work hard on tweaking and refining until I sort out some instability issues on a couple of rigs - instability in a rig causing the mining process to restart often sacrifices much more mining than having a slightly lower OC - like @FullZero says, stability is more important that great OC!

I use 106 watts powerlimit with most 1070s when mining Ethash.  Depending on the specific model they will do well all the way down to 95 watts; but I found setting the powerlimit this low slightly decreases stability.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:16:01 PM

There is 2 miners available for Equihash on 19-1.3
dstm and ewbf

Code:
ZM_or_EWBF="ZM"  # choose  ZM  or  EWBF

I wanted to point out to you and to @fullzero an issue with the 19-1.3 image that I have noticed others reference here but has not been stated explicitly. The image is actually missing the 0.5.1 DSTM miner that is launched in 19-1.3 3main:

HCD='/home/m1/zec/zm/5_1/zm_miner'

If you use 4update to get to 19-1.3 there is no issue but if you start with the image provided, the zec miner updates are missing. I noticed this in the version that I downloaded about a week ago so if the image has been updated since then, please disregard.

My bad; I will fix this for -1.4 / with the new 5.2 zm.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:26:51 PM

fullzero,

Any chance you would add eth-proxy support? I added a USE_ETHPROXY = "YES|NO" in 1bash

in 3main:
screen -dmS proxy sh -c 'cd /home/m1/eth-proxy; /usr/bin/python ./eth-proxy.py'

and calls this if enabled for ethminer and genoil:
screen -dmS miner $HCD --farm-recheck 200 -G -F $ETH_POOL -U

I'm using https://github.com/Atrides/eth-proxy for eth-proxy, simply because that was came up first in my search.

I will add this to the list to be added, probably not until v0020.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:29:00 PM

Hi,
I need some support.
I have installed nvoc 0019 in my two rigs:
motherboard: ASUS B250 MIning
Videos: ASUS 106-100 mining edition.

I have disabled IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG="NO", because miner is restarting periodically.

In first RIG In temp Screen I have following errors for all GPUs:

ERROR: The GPU has fallen off the bus or has otherwise become inaccessible
ERROR: Error assigning value 57 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:13]) as specified in assignment '[fan:13]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=57' (Unknown Error).
------------------------

IN Second in temp Screen the following:

ERROR: Error assigning value 52 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:7]) as specified in assignment '[fan:7]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=52' (Unknown Error).
GPU 8, Target temp: 70, Current: 46, Diff: 24, Fan: 51, Power: 99.41
Sun Oct 22 00:35:58 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 51 New: 46 Temp: 46
------------------------------

Please help, What I'm doing wrong or what is missing in my config.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:29:32 PM

So.. I am still having trouble with one random card crashing on my rig. I am not sure which card though. All heat sinks are cold because of my environment and I am a complete newb so I am not sure how to tell which card keeps crashing. It was crashing every couple days, then every day and now its down to minutes.

Errors:

CUDA error in func 'search' at line 361 : unknown error.
CUDA10    Error CUDA mining: unknownerror.

Says this for multiple CUDA numbers

And in guake under GPU 5 (not sure which is GPU 5)

/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 160: [: Unable: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 193: [: the: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 206: [: to: integer expression expected

The rig ran perfect for several months. I have the asrock BTC+ pro with 12 p106-100's

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just need to find out which card is failing so I can send it out for repair.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Your telegram should show an error like this :

Code:
Mining_Rigs:
Worker: nv102
Boot Time: 2017-10-21 21:58:42
System Up Time: up
Miner Uptime:
Currently Mining: "ZEC"
Reboot Required: No
GPU Count: 7
GPU Utilization:

Temp, Fan, Power:
GPU 0, Target temp:  75, Current:  63, Diff:  12, Fan:  60, Power:  120.01
GPU 1, Target temp:  75, Current:  62, Diff:  13, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 2, Target temp:  75, Current:  Unable, Diff:  75, Fan:  to, Power:  determine
GPU 3, Target temp:  75, Current:  65, Diff:  10, Fan:  60, Power:  121.67
GPU 4, Target temp:  75, Current:  52, Diff:  23, Fan:  60, Power:  122.76
GPU 5, Target temp:  75, Current:  60, Diff:  15, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 6, Target temp:  75, Current:  61, Diff:  14, Fan:  60, Power:  120.94
Sat Oct 21 21:59:20 IRST 2017 - Starting miner restart script.

Sadly I was unable to set up telegram in China. The service seems to be blocked here. I can access their site on VPN but it wont accept my Chinese number and my rig is not on a proxy or vpn.

Anything else you would advise.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

Fullzero, could I recommend you leave your own addresses in the bash files? It makes it easier for me to get up and mining when I'm trying to troubleshoot with a fresh OS so I don't have to go and find my wallet addresses when I just want to make sure things are up and running.

Also, I've been having the same issues with MONA and some other coins, will try switching to ASccminer as well.

I want to ensure new members understand they need to add their own addresses.

When you have a fresh OS, configure the new 1bash once; then copy it to your build computer.  On subsequent builds you can then simply copy that same 1bash back over to the freshly imaged usb and make OC changes if the intended rig has different GPUs.

I have had a lot of requests to make a simpler 1bash for new members who just want to start mining and aren't concerned with optimization / advanced features.  For v0020 I will make the default 1bash as simple as possible; I will include a normal (advanced 1bash) inside a directory (folder) named advanced or something similar.  3main will detect if the simple or advanced 1bash is used and execute accordingly.  Thus new members will have the simplest possible 1bash to configure to get up and mining; and advanced users will only have to overwrite the simple 1bash with the one in the advanced directory.

I made the following changes for -1.4 based on papampi's suggestions:

SIB > ASccminer
Neoscrypt (PXC, FTC, ORB ) > KTccminer

Sorry forgot to add Mona for ASccminer too.
Its very good to have a simple 1bash for new comers.

Changed this as well.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:33:33 PM

A video tutorial how to create a telegram bot and get Api Key + User Id:

https://youtu.be/HS7Q1zH00bs

Nice; I will add a link to the OP and in the -1.4 1bash as a comment  Grin
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:40:47 PM

Having issues!! Getting error NO SCREEN TO RESUME NAMED MINER. Info below.

I am new and this is my first attempt at building a miner.

I am running an Asus Z270 MOBO with  Asus GTX 1070 cards (1 now, will go to 3or more) I setup my0 bios using all the tips I could find in this rather large thread!

My issue is once I boot using your package it starts perfect then says "no screen to resume named miner." I F12 and type screen -r miner and I get the same error. I have not used Linux in almost 10 years when I was in college but I am computer literate. I know this is a simple issue of the package not finding MINER... So how do I help it find miner so I can get this rig built?? I did find one post that says to put a "switch" file in the folder, but I could not find any more on what that switch file is, or what folder or location to put it in really! I tried to figure this out on my own. Been hunting for it since last night, but alas I am in over my head and now humbly ask for help.

Oh and is there a way to lengthen the reboot timeout? It generally likes to reboot right as I am in the middle of thinking I got it solved!! Of course I don't!

Any help is most appreciated. I know I have a TON more reading to do, I just wanted to get it up and running so I could show my system works and then get into the serious tweaking of it!

What COIN are you mining; and what are the settings you have for that COIN in 1bash?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:42:46 PM

If anyone has any coins in bittrex try to transfer them ASAP

My Enhanced verified account  and many more accounts has been disabled for more than 5 days with no reply from them.

Bittrex on bicointalk
Cointelegraph.com article on bittrex disbale accounts
bitcointalk scam accusations

Has this been resolved?

Bittrex's statement:

The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts
@fullzero, unfortunately it hasn't resolved yet , and Bittrex doesn't reply to any email or support tickets,
2 days to gold fork and our coins are blocked there.

@MentalNomad

It is very bad timing on their part to do this right before BTG.
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: