Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:54:27 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 10:49:44 AM by martyroz

How do I enable root access (miner1) in linux? I would like to troubleshoot by editing 1bash without returning to windows.

Also, I cant edit the files that are read only in order to fix the nvidia driver updates bug.

My error is line 137: 1861 terminated  bash '/home/m1/3main'

There is no need to enable anything. Just ssh to your host and login with user m1 password miner1. This will drop you right into directory /home/m1 where 1bash lives. You can then edit with your favorite editor - e.g., vi 1bash.

Thanks but I have not set up SSH yet. I just want to get mining ASAP first.
Also, I disabled SHH in the 1bash file. Now 1bash doesn't exist when I plug the USB into windows...

EDIT: OK, It's working. I had to change to EWBF miner and remove the $ from ZEN miner name Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:55:00 AM

How do I enable root access (miner1) in linux? I would like to troubleshoot by editing 1bash without returning to windows.

My error is line 137: 1861 terminated  bash '/home/m1/3main'

There is no need to enable anything. Just ssh to your host and login with user m1 password miner1. This will drop you right into directory /home/m1 where 1bash lives. You can then edit with your favorite editor - e.g., vi 1bash.
vi and vim are hard for windows and new comers to linux better use nano

Code:
nano 1bash

bdog1234

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:54:22 AM

Code:
nano 1bash

You have got that right. I haven’t used VI in probably 15 years but still :q! pops into my head. VI is very hard at first but I remember it becoming pretty fast after a while though I will stick with nano now.
Moordact

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:00:43 AM

Anybody knows how this is possible?
https://image.prntscr.com/image/EF0jexu5QKOeimJCiW-XpA.png

i have this since beginnning,, don't mind the 1 miner that dropped beginning of 24h history.. that I m aware off.

How come it is usntable like ths , possible causes?

I am on internet all day gaming and stuff, never have internet connection problems?

I use a http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-42_TL-SG1016D.html

for switch and this is plugged in directly into my ethernet router. only miners are on this switch.

kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:27:37 AM

vi and vim are hard for windows and new comers to Linux better use nano

Code:
nano 1bash

You have got that right. I haven’t used VI in probably 15 years but still :q! pops into my head. VI is very hard at first but I remember it becoming pretty fast after a while though I will stick with nano now.

I suggest you to test mc :
apt-get install mc

Although a minimum knowledge of vi and nano are a must. Especially vi as almost always is installed by default,

If you feel happy with mc I can pass you some tips that will make your experience easier. Let me know if so.

Better use sudo <command> instead of logging as root, Ejm: sudo mc. But if you really need to be root try: su -l
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:46:14 AM

Anybody knows how this is possible?

i have this since beginnning,, don't mind the 1 miner that dropped beginning of 24h history.. that I m aware off.

How come it is usntable like ths , possible causes?

I am on internet all day gaming and stuff, never have internet connection problems?

I use a http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-42_TL-SG1016D.html

for switch and this is plugged in directly into my ethernet router. only miners are on this switch.

it doesnt drop to zero, you need to check the workers stats and not your "account" stats and see which of them are having the issue.
woodl1

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:16:41 PM

Hi! According to the same issue with all my P106-100 rigs, i suppose you need to do this:

1) check that you have set P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES" in 1bash
2) check that you can control your rig without monitor attached (SSH or Teamviewer enabled)
3) disconnect monitor
4) run the following:
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration
sudo reboot

After the rig reboots, overclocking will work as supposed to. Sometimes i had to do number 4 again after reboot to make it working.

Thanks, trying now. Did you have more than 16 GPUs?
(edit)I tried this and mining would not start. Had to do
Code:
 sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia.backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf 
to return it to being able to mine at all.
I've read that you can add the coolbits part to either screen or device; the code you gave me I think put it in whichever was the wrong one.
Any other ideas?

Max GPUs i have in one rig is 13. In case this doesn't help we need to see nvidia-xconfig output and xorg.conf that it makes, so we can try to find what's wrong.

Also you can try to reflash the latest version of nvOC to usb stick, edit 1bash at windows partition (don't forget to enable headless mode) and make the first boot from usb stick without monitor attached. After the first boot in headless mode you need to wait for autoconfiguration and auto reboot. Then use network scanner or see DHCP leases on the server side to find the IP of your rig (in most cases it will be the same as in previous attempts), ssh to it and see if xorg was correctly configured.
Havesovgosh

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

Hi,
I need some support.
I have installed nvoc 0019 in my two rigs:
motherboard: ASUS B250 MIning
Videos: ASUS 106-100 mining edition.

I have disabled IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG="NO", because miner is restarting periodically.

In first RIG In temp Screen I have following errors for all GPUs:

ERROR: The GPU has fallen off the bus or has otherwise become inaccessible
ERROR: Error assigning value 57 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:13]) as specified in assignment '[fan:13]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=57' (Unknown Error).
------------------------

IN Second in temp Screen the following:

ERROR: Error assigning value 52 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:7]) as specified in assignment '[fan:7]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=52' (Unknown Error).
GPU 8, Target temp: 70, Current: 46, Diff: 24, Fan: 51, Power: 99.41
Sun Oct 22 00:35:58 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 51 New: 46 Temp: 46
------------------------------

Please help, What I'm doing wrong or what is missing in my config.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

My configuration was set to "NO".

I changed on one rig to "YES" and getting this error in the "temp" screen:

----------------
Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 50 New: 45 Temp: 46
Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - All good, will check again soon
----------

Also there was an error related to "persistence mode". I have enabled it manually for all GPUs.

Please Help!

Hi fullzero, Guys,

I have digged and try lot of things.
Unfortunately, without good results.
Now, I'm sure that very small thing I have missed and that's killing me. Smiley
What is I'm doing wrong?? Please support.

Don't worry about persistence mode, it's not fatal, just ignore that message.

Not many of us have those P106 cards to help troubleshoot. Hopefuly someone that has them and have a working setup can help you.

Your problem might be related to your motherboard. Apperantly there is known problem where motherboard doesn't work well with more than 12 or was it 13 GPU's. Asus is aware of the problem and they intend to fix it with new bios update. Check if they released new bios.

Thx for your soon feedback. I'll check the bios update.

Hope someone can help!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi fullzero, Hi Guys,

I've found the solution. Also, I have changed to "YES" the IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG. It's working fine around one hour. I'll monitor and let you know, if something new will come up.
Below is the steps:

1. Changes in 1bash:

LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"
SSH="YES"
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="NO"

2. Reboot

NO Monitors starting from now!!!

sudo -i
rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
nvidia-xconfig -a --allow-empty-initial-configuration --cool-bits=28 --use-display-device="DFP-0" --connected-monitor="DFP-0"
reboot

4. Change in 1bash:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=500 (getting 22 Mh/s)

Need to check in process tab. for all GPU's should be exists "Xorg - /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg"

-------------
m1@miner1:~$ nvidia-smi
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID  Type  Process name                               Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0      1073    G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                              30MiB |
|    0      1646    G   compiz                                          11MiB |
|    0      6160    C   /home/m1/eth/Genoil-U/ethminer                2253MiB |
|    1      1073    G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                               7MiB |
|    1      6160    C   /home/m1/eth/Genoil-U/ethminer                2253MiB |
|    2      1073    G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                               7MiB |
|    2      6160    C   /home/m1/eth/Genoil-U/ethminer                2253MiB |
|    3      1073    G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                               7MiB |
|    3      6160    C   /home/m1/eth/Genoil-U/ethminer                2253MiB |

-----------------------------------------------------

Hope this will help also to others.

lectar

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:12:26 PM

Hi fullzero, Hi Guys,

(Long time i was in r/o mode. This is my first post.)

What you think about implementing into NVOC nvidia-docker and run miner for each isolated GPU in docker container?
It will be more fail-safe for rig with many GPU`s, more flexible to individual OC and give a way to launch several different miners.

for example: One of my rig have 13 GPU different models => OC settings are different for each others.
If one GPU crash then crash all GPU`s and whatchdog restart miner. In my case restartin 3main takes wery long time, actually wery much time takes running nvidia-settings.
I was forced to set in sleep timeout in wdog equal to 120s otherwise i have loop when wdog restarts 3mian.

p.s. exuse me for poor english  Wink

Moordact

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:36:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/A6z4wuM.png

click link if image is too big https://i.imgur.com/A6z4wuM.png
This is all invidivual workers

Anybody got possible explinations for the inconsistency?
msmde

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:25 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 04:38:13 PM by msmde

the TG bot is receiving data from NVOC but it doesn't look like it's getting everything.  

it only shows gpu utilizations, temps, and pd. i tried to add
Code:
CURRENTHASH: $CURRENTHASH
but didn't work - though CURRENTHASH: did come up on the TG feed, just without any values

i'm not a programmer though, just making a guess about how to get it to work

edit: played around a bit more - it looks like currenthash either isn't pulling any data or isn't forwarding it to TG. is there a fix for this?
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

I have a question would it be possible to add one BTC address for nicehash and one for others like zpool and miningpoolhub the reason if you use the nicehash in-house address assigned to you account the fee is smaller than use my regular address for the rest
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 02:56:45 PM

I have a question would it be possible to add one BTC address for nicehash and one for others like zpool and miningpoolhub the reason if you use the nicehash in-house address assigned to you account the fee is smaller than use my regular address for the rest

You can, you have to add something like

BTC_ADDRESS2=""

Put second BTC address in ""

You have to modify 3main to add this variable where you want to use this one.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ivoldemar

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:08:33 PM

Hello!

What is the algorithm now when using P106 (Mining Editon) cards?

What is the correct sequence:

I downloaded a clean system. Connect the monitor to the integrated graphics. In the settings, 1bash enabled P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE = "YES"
Then he started the miner, waited until he formed a new Xorg. Then reboot, and I go on SSH.

Next, I try to run the bash 2unix minor, it again tries to form a new xorg and starts the mining process, but without overclocking. Then reboot and everything works well.

But now, something this does not work Smiley
alexander1234

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:57:50 PM

Pretty sure this is something really simple...but I can't get a login to the desktop Sad
I get a prompt with either m1 or Guest session and the password miner1 doesn't work for me at all.
It seems to take it but just jumps back to the login screen again

https://i.imgur.com/VfFlm8I.png

I have very same issue on 2 rigs. They both worked. Then suddenly my pool reported they stopped mining (maybe there was some reboot but I dont know). I connect to them via TeamViewer through unattended access that was setup earlier. TeamViewer works and shows this login screen. Either reboot from this screen or power-off-power-on gives the same result. System boots into this non-loginable login screen.

One rig is 7x1070 evga on asus z270-a, usb3 stick, it worked flawlesly for maybe 10 days.
Another rig is on gigabyte 970 ud3, hdd - also worked for several days after last OC tuning. I've reinstalled system yesterday to fix this but it appeared in less than a day again. Is there some resolution?

I'm running without monitor, build v0019 on both. Will try to update to latest v0019-1.3.

Update:
Crtl+Alt+F1 shows terminal but it needs to reconnect TeamViewer to see this. Logged in in terminal, rebooted with 'reboot' command but it shows same login screen
. Will try to update packages as it suggest after the login.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 04:03:40 PM

Pretty sure this is something really simple...but I can't get a login to the desktop Sad
I get a prompt with either m1 or Guest session and the password miner1 doesn't work for me at all.
It seems to take it but just jumps back to the login screen again

I have very same issue on 2 rigs. They both worked. Then suddenly my pool reported they stopped mining (maybe there was some reboot but I dont know). I connect to them via TeamViewer through unattended access that was setup earlier. TeamViewer works and shows this login screen. Either reboot from this screen or power-off-power-on gives the same result. System boots into this non-loginable login screen.

One rig is 7x1070 evga on asus z270-a, usb3 stick, it worked flawlesly for maybe 10 days.
Another rig is on gigabyte 970 ud3, hdd - also worked for several days after last OC tuning. I've reinstalled system yesterday to fix this but it appeared in less than a day again. Is there some resolution?

I'm running without monitor, build v0019 on both. Will try to update to latest v0019-1.3.

BTW Crtl+Alt+F1 doesn't work - doesn't show terminal through TW

Have a look at page 245 and 246
Should be the interrupted Nvidia driver upgrade problem

z-axis

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

Max GPUs i have in one rig is 13. In case this doesn't help we need to see nvidia-xconfig output and xorg.conf that it makes, so we can try to find what's wrong.

Also you can try to reflash the latest version of nvOC to usb stick, edit 1bash at windows partition (don't forget to enable headless mode) and make the first boot from usb stick without monitor attached. After the first boot in headless mode you need to wait for autoconfiguration and auto reboot. Then use network scanner or see DHCP leases on the server side to find the IP of your rig (in most cases it will be the same as in previous attempts), ssh to it and see if xorg was correctly configured.

Thank you very much for your help!
My rig is now running with all those settings: New USB, Headless, no monitor attached, know IP, have SSH and mining. Here's the weird thing: See below for my current xorg.conf that is running and I'm getting all 19 GPUs mining but only the 1st one is OC'd. What's weird about it is that:

When I run
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration
I get a new xorg.conf that does two things:
Bus IDs lose the "@" symbol, and mining does not work.

Any ideas why some BusIDs use the @ while most I've seen don't, and why this seems to be allowing mining to run?
Also weird is that if you notice, there are only BusIDs for 0-3 (4 and 5 are missing), then it continues from 6-11 and that's it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Current xorg.conf:
Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout"
    Screen 0 "nvidia"
    Inactive "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "intel"
    Driver "modesetting"
    BusID "PCI:0@0:2:0"
    Option "AccelMethod" "None"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "intel"
    Device "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:1@0:0:0"
    Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "on"
    Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:2@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:3@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:6@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:7@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:8@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:9@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:10@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:11@0:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
EndSection

current lspci:
Code:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake Host Bridge/DRAM
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake PCIe Controller (
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 1902
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device a2af
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Device a2ba
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a2eb (rev f0)
00:1b.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a2ec (rev f0)
00:1b.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a2ed (rev f0)
00:1b.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a2ee (rev f0)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a294 (rev f0)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a295 (rev f0)
00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a296 (rev f0)
00:1c.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a297 (rev f0)
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a298 (rev f0)
00:1d.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a299 (rev f0)
00:1d.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a29a (rev f0)
00:1d.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a29b (rev f0)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Device a2c8
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Device a2a1
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Device a2a3
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connecti
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
02:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
03:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
04:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:01.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:02.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:03.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:04.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:05.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:06.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
05:07.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1187
06:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
07:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
08:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
09:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0a:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0b:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0c:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0d:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0e:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
0f:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
10:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
11:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
12:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
13:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
14:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)
15:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1c07 (rev a1)

alexander1234

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:28:37 PM

Have a look at page 245 and 246
Should be the interrupted Nvidia driver upgrade problem

Thanks for quick response, it works!
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

Code:
nano 1bash

Yes, but, in the same time, they need to learn tu use nano... So, i think, it is better to learn vi now without waiting or facility because vi text editor is installed on any UNIX/ LINUX system. vim is more confortable, but not installed everywhere as vi.

Basis editings and utilizations are easy to use and undertsand for everyone. it's just confusing the first time because all you need is a keybord and not any mouses.

Vi is the best and powerfull text editor that i 'd never seen. Notepad++ is a beautiful toy for a windowsian, but never, never powerful as vi

:-)
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:06:04 PM

Vi is the best and powerfull text editor that i 'd never seen. Notepad++ is a beautiful toy for a windowsian, but never, never powerful as vi

:-)

Agreed. Regex is right there. I have been using vim as of late for syntax highlighting but I have to install it myself:

sudu apt-get install vim -y

It would be nice if @fullzero could include it in v. 20.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: