Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 08:40:23 AM

They flag this because a couple of botnets use cgminer as well...

Which is a good reason to alert people that the software is potentially unwanted (like AVG does), but its not a good reason to say cgminer is  malware or a trojan, because it clearly isnt.  Its like saying any SMPT server is malware because botnets abuse them.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 08:52:45 AM

They flag this because a couple of botnets use cgminer as well...

Which is a good reason to alert people that the software is potentially unwanted (like AVG does), but its not a good reason to say cgminer is  malware or a trojan, because it clearly isnt.  Its like saying any SMPT server is malware because botnets abuse them.

The naming could've been better, that's true ;-) Also, I think you mean SMTP? ;-) ;-)

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
zenthor

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

anyone else having an issue with long polling? ive got my CPU and GPU mining setup but it says connected to (server) without LP as user.....
its btcmine and i know they support long polling, and its worked fine with every other miner ive used.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:44:29 PM

How often does anyone use the disable pool management function?  ARS is my pool 0 and it seems to have communication trouble every few days (maybe getting DDoSed, I don't know, but I get long poll is not working messages, then communication failure and resume messages, and some time later it will work fine again).  Instead of racking up a bunch of rejects, I was going to disable it, and I went into pool management (P), chose disable (D), and entered pool 0 (0, Enter).  I then continued to see shares submitted to pool 0 with communication failures in between.  Perhaps it would have started going to pool 1 if I waited longer, but I wouldn't have expected there to be enough shares waiting for solutions to allow multiple submissions and communication disconnects after I disabled the pool (honestly I would expect disabling a pool to take effect immediately, but don't know that is the design).  Is that function not working right, or am I being impatient?
This is 2.0.8 on Fedora 15, compiled from source (I assume ATI versions are irrelevant to this issue)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:42:13 PM

Um ... read the ARS thread ... ARS is not even maintained properly by BT any more.
Basically ARS is dying and having problem regularly.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:48:47 PM

Um ... read the ARS thread ...

Read the question. The pool being connected to isn't the issue - when disabling a pool in cgminer, it seems that shares are still being submitted to the disabled pool.

I don't have an explanation at the moment. I'd say wait longer or restart cgminer without Ars as a configured pool.

On that note, it is sad to see the Ars pool running down.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 05:19:43 PM

Except that the LP is coming from ARS and that's probably a major part of the problem ... Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 10:35:19 PM

Um ... read the ARS thread ...

Read the question. The pool being connected to isn't the issue - when disabling a pool in cgminer, it seems that shares are still being submitted to the disabled pool.

I don't have an explanation at the moment. I'd say wait longer or restart cgminer without Ars as a configured pool.

On that note, it is sad to see the Ars pool running down.

Once you disable a pool in cgminer, what it does is stop requesting work from that pool. Now since work may be underway already from that pool, it will continue to look for shares in the existing work until all the work expires. The default expiration for work is set to 60 seconds. Then it will continue to try submitting shares if it has found any until the shares expire. The default expiration is set to 120 seconds. There is no point in throwing away work it has already started on. Anyway the practical upshot of this is that shares may be submitted for up to 2 minutes after you disable a pool. Furthermore, if your primary pool (pool 0) was disabled, the longpoll will still be coming from the primary pool and longpoll itself generates more work so after every longpoll you will still get a few small work items from that pool. I used to make longpoll switch from one pool to another whenever you changed your pool choice, but it led to crashes so it was simpler to just leave longpoll going to the one pool. I may revisit that code in the future but for the most part it doesn't matter who the longpoll comes from unless you're mixing merged mining and non-merged. In that case you should probably be using a merged mining pool as your primary pool so that longpoll goes to that and then you can throw out more work since that's what you want to do when merged...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 11:53:40 AM

I am having some trouble with the miner, I enter all my pool information and my gpu overclock etc, I then save a config file and quit. But when I restart I have to enter it all into the miner again, my question is how do I load my config file? I am using the windows binary cgminer-2.0.8-win32 miner.

Any help would be appreciated Cheesy
// DeaDTerra
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:05:11 PM

I am having some trouble with the miner, I enter all my pool information and my gpu overclock etc, I then save a config file and quit. But when I restart I have to enter it all into the miner again, my question is how do I load my config file? I am using the windows binary cgminer-2.0.8-win32 miner.

// DeaDTerra
Well I did see one person in the #cgminer irc mention a problem something like that not long ago.
I suggested they report it here or raise an issue on the git - but they didn't seem to want to do that for some stupid reason.

It seemed it may have been writing invalid numbers for one or more of the fields.

Anyway, look for cgminer.conf (I think on windows it ends up in the current directory?)
Then check the contents and see if it is OK.
loading it would be a case of running "cgminer -c cgminer.conf" if it was in the current directory
Since it doens't load it automatically, that possibly means there is something wrong with it.

However, when you save it if you chose some other name or some other directory then of course you need to use that instead.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:37:06 PM

// DeaDTerra
Well I did see one person in the #cgminer irc mention a problem something like that not long ago.
I suggested they report it here or raise an issue on the git - but they didn't seem to want to do that for some stupid reason.

It seemed it may have been writing invalid numbers for one or more of the fields.

Anyway, look for cgminer.conf (I think on windows it ends up in the current directory?)
loading it would be a case of running "cgminer -c cgminer.conf" if it was in the current directory
Since it doens't load it automatically, that possibly means there is something wrong with it.

However, when you save it if you chose some other name or some other directory then of course you need to use that instead.
So where do I run "cgminer -c cgminer.conf" in the cgminer program or in cmd?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:40:22 PM

// DeaDTerra

Sigh ....
In a command window in the cgminer directory ...

However that should have the same problem.
You need to look at cgminer.conf and see what's wrong with it.
If there is something wrong with it then report it here and then whoever wrote the save code should fix that if it needs fixing.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:56:14 PM

// DeaDTerra

Sigh ....

If there is something wrong with it then report it here and then whoever wrote the save code should fix that if it needs fixing.

Sorry I am a noob at these kind of things, the program starts and the command window asks for pool info, I can't use that command for some reason :8
Okay I will take a look at it
It looks like this:
{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332",
      "user" : "terragubben.gpu",
      "pass" : "terra999"
   }
],

"intensity" : "d,d",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0,0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85",
"temp-target" : "75,75",

"algo" : "c",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"worksize" : "0",

"donation" : "0.00",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
PLaci1982

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live long and prosper. \\//,

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:18:58 PM

v2.0.8 got flagged as Trojan:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=8e0cbe96f3c142f959e0b308cb879a97d10dcdd98c30a01c350912b7e72dd25e-1323602996

Angry

Hardware Expert / WinXP, Win7 Expert

1J5oPkyGVdb4mv44KGZQYsHS2ch6e1t4rc
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:20:45 PM

Yes the AV programs on windows are full of crap written by morons.

jake262144

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:22:51 PM

Exert pressure on them lazy-ass AV makers for failing the due dilligence.
Whine and bitch about cgminer being erroneously flagged as malware until they fix their virus definitions.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:30:48 PM

// DeaDTerra

Sigh ....

Sorry I am a noob at these kind of things, the program starts and the command window asks for pool info, I can't use that command for some reason :8
It looks like this:
The problem is "gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
If you remove it, then it will work.
The save function writes that - it looks OK - but the load function doesn't like it.
No idea why that is wrong or what is wrong with the code trying to read it.

I found this by running "cgminer -c cgminer.conf" and it directly tells me that is the problem.

I guess whoever wrote that save/load code needs to fix it ...

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 02:04:33 PM

// DeaDTerra

Sigh ....

It looks like this:
The problem is "gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
If you remove it, then it will work.
The save function writes that - it looks OK - but the load function doesn't like it.
No idea why that is wrong or what is wrong with the code trying to read it.

I found this by running "cgminer -c cgminer.conf" and it directly tells me that is the problem.

I guess whoever wrote that save/load code needs to fix it ...

I have removed that line and I start cgminer.exe, it tells me to enter the pool information and does not load the configuration file :8
It works fine for my cgminercpuonly when I start that one it had already my pool loaded into it and it starts fine. Seems like it's only the GPU version that wont load the conf
kano
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 02:26:06 PM

Ah well, I guess I should have added that it fails like that for me in Linux (not windows)
Windows may also have other problems then I guess.
Whoever wrote that code and supplied it to ckolivas - I guess didn't test it very well.
... checking the git commit ...
I guess it's this commit?
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/31d3af0223a70c2e2c905b68ae62d210adc88ff8

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 02:32:59 PM

Ah well, I guess I should have added that it fails like that for me in Linux (not windows)
Windows may also have other problems then I guess.
Whoever wrote that code and supplied it to ckolivas - I guess didn't test it very well.
... checking the git commit ...
I guess it's this commit?
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/31d3af0223a70c2e2c905b68ae62d210adc88ff8

Ehhh those lines of code tells me nothing xD just makes me confused Tongue
Ohh well I think I will start using Cgminer once it gets a bit more friendly to people like me xD I will stick with GUIminer for now
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: