Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312592 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:23:45 PM

If XMR is still around in 2020. What do you expect the price (in Bitcoin) to be by then?

I will be happy if the price is 0.01 BTC.

0.142 BTC
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 05:33:57 PM

I've met Aubrey several times actually. Cool dude! I've also been in attendance at the first Singularity Summit in SF back in 2006. It seems to me we are now in the first part of the "knee of the curve" of Kurzweil's exponential (law of accelerating returns). The steep part of the knee of the curve should come once some of these experiments with deep learning and machine learning advance further. These advancements in AI is what will fuel the breakthroughs in aging and nanotechnology in the the mid to late 2020's. We may get to super intelligent AI's by the mid 2030s.

By 2020 I'm thinking 1 XMR to be worth 0.2 BTC
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5042

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:10:18 PM

I'm thinking in 2020 BTC may be worth the same as confederate fiat.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:43:09 PM

If XMR is still around in 2020. What do you expect the price (in Bitcoin) to be by then?
20BTC/XMR of course  Roll Eyes Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:19:24 PM

Any price good, as long XMR can be used directly to pay for something. Hope that privacy oriented services, will privide an option to truly protect payees privacy by accepting xmr, instead of only paypay and bitpay.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Harpua

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:44:01 PM

Any price good, as long XMR can be used directly to pay for something. Hope that privacy oriented services, will privide an option to truly protect payees privacy by accepting xmr, instead of only paypay and bitpay.

Don't you think it would be best to have the code for binaries and official GUI's to be written and tested before we go try and get privacy oriented services to accept XMR?  I feel that if we wait and get everything situated and developed, there would be a better chance of a big time business to accept us. 

For some reason I just see us always contacting these services the same way as some annoying kid who keeps asking for something they know they can't have.  I just feel like if we "grow" and "develop", we will have a better argument for why they need to accept us... Idk though, I just got introduced to xmr on reddit about a month or two ago... so my opinion might not matter lol  Roll Eyes
languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:01:44 PM

Don't you think it would be best to have the code for binaries and official GUI's to be written and tested before we go try and get privacy oriented services to accept XMR?  I feel that if we wait and get everything situated and developed, there would be a better chance of a big time business to accept us. 

For some reason I just see us always contacting these services the same way as some annoying kid who keeps asking for something they know they can't have.  I just feel like if we "grow" and "develop", we will have a better argument for why they need to accept us... Idk though, I just got introduced to xmr on reddit about a month or two ago... so my opinion might not matter lol  Roll Eyes

A good middle ground is to ask privacy focused charities to post an address for XMR donations. Not much work is required to do that.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:10:16 PM

"I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume."

- Satoshi Nakamoto, re: bitcoin

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 10:58:36 PM

Yep, I hear yah, and in general I think its a shared sentiment. However, I don't think official GUIs are necessary. Most user-end stuff for bitcoin wasn't "official". Jwinterms wallet software works perfect for the end user. "Big businesses" won't use a GUI.

For me, my "its ready for the big leagues" is when the database is released and when MRL4 implementations are in. Until MRL4 hits, I'm like 75% confident in the information sovereignty provided by Monero. Once MRL4, it'll be 99%. Then when shen gets confidential transactions working, it'll be 200%. Then, when we purge the blockchain of all useless outputs, it'll be 500%. And then when I read how percentages work, it'll be 1000%.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:03:43 PM

I am asking you guys to explain bitcoin and monero in a humanistic manner while glossing over the mechanics of how it works in order to get more people on board and using bitcoin (and other cryptos like Monero).

What he's saying might be upsetting to some of the techies in the room, but he's right.  The average person doesn't give a shit about how technically amazing your product is.  Ask the average iPhone owner to describe the differences between the processors of the last few iPhone releases.  They probably can't.  

Everyone needs to watch this iPhone 6S commercial, and learn how it's done:  https://youtu.be/aBYWGjIzvyw  

How many specs did you hear?  Almost none.  What you did hear was a lot of talk about how iPhone will upgrade your life, capture the moments of your life better, and most importantly: make you more important.  

Monero advertising already has the most important thing: an amazing product.  It's the most powerful form of money ever devised, but unless people use it, it's worthless.  The beauty is that there is a powerful incentive to be an early adopter in the form of exponentially rising value... math is literally bending over backwards to accommodate us.  Now all that remains is to let the 7 billion humans on Earth know exactly why Monero will upgrade their life, ease all transactions in their life, and most importantly: make them more important.  And if Monero *can't* do those things?  Then we shouldn't bother, because people won't care.  

Do you know why Linux hasn't superseded Windows, despite being a superior product?  Because Linux is not easy, is not necessary for the average customer, and Linux does not inherently make them feel important or carry status with it.  Monero can't afford to be Linux.  You can get on the anti-Apple bandwagon all you want (I'll agree with you in many ways), but their marketing is the fuck on point.  

As I go forward, I'll be brainstorming and implementing some ideas to show the average person how Monero will upgrade their lives in every way imaginable.  Now I just need to developers to make it easy to use, and the entrepreneurs to build some compelling services around it.  Wink

Maybe a crowdfunding initiative could be setup for making a flashy, professional kick ass video once some ideas are assembled.  I wonder if we have any expertise for making such a video in our community.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 11:09:42 PM

I am asking you guys to explain bitcoin and monero in a humanistic manner while glossing over the mechanics of how it works in order to get more people on board and using bitcoin (and other cryptos like Monero).

( snip )

As I go forward, I'll be brainstorming and implementing some ideas to show the average person how Monero will upgrade their lives in every way imaginable.  Now I just need to developers to make it easy to use, and the entrepreneurs to build some compelling services around it.  Wink

Maybe a crowdfunding initiative could be setup for making a flashy, professional kick ass video once some ideas are assembled.  I wonder if we have any expertise for making such a video in our community.

I figured if it hasn't happened by now, that means that this expertise is *not* in our community currently. Perhaps the new reddit wave has some resources.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:25:26 PM

I've met Aubrey several times actually. Cool dude! I've also been in attendance at the first Singularity Summit in SF back in 2006. It seems to me we are now in the first part of the "knee of the curve" of Kurzweil's exponential (law of accelerating returns). The steep part of the knee of the curve should come once some of these experiments with deep learning and machine learning advance further. These advancements in AI is what will fuel the breakthroughs in aging and nanotechnology in the the mid to late 2020's. We may get to super intelligent AI's by the mid 2030s.

I wonder how these super-intelligent AIs in 2035 will value XMR vs BTC.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:35:33 PM

lol... It's funny to me when people speculate what it will be like when a certain year comes around, but it's really cool to ponder. I remember back in the early 90's I was thinking that it was going to be definitely some sort of "Jetson's" reality when the 2000's came.  Flying cars, Cities built on top of sky scrapping needle points (for some reason unknown), the whole works... then when the 2000's hit, it just became kind of a "disappointment" ... No doubt there will be better computer technology when that time comes around, but to say there will be "Terminator-like" AI's walking around and being citizens of the world is kind of far fetched and will probably never happen.  If there were to be AI's in the future, then it won't be something that would be allowed to walk around and become an artificial "citizen"...

But then again who knows... Huh "Meet George Jetson!"

jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:52:15 PM

Super intelligent AI will be smart enough not to try to independently value things. It will understand that value is subjective. Therefore, I guess it will just trade with the most liquid currency that it can get its hands on. But if humans try to cheat the AI and steal money from it (because government fiat can be seized and invalidated) then it will be forced to use cryptocurrency because a super intelligent AI can safely hold cryptocurrency and store it encrypted in the cloud without fear of losing it to humans.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 02:13:46 AM

Personally I think it would be around .1-.3 btc ... but I think by 2030 it would fluctuate around the 1 btc level, depending on who wants to use a secure payment type or a more "accepted" payment type.  I think business will start to really value cryptos by that time, and will mainly store all of there funds in XMR to transact really big deals... but overall I think the main crypto will be the "preferable" one for many people... just my opinion...
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 03:45:44 AM

Ray Kurzweil predicts (and no one is better at predicting) that we become the AI. As the singularity nears (2040ish) humans will depend more and more on artificial apparatus working with and within our brains to understand the complex and quickly evolving digital world. If we don't adapt, the singularity will produce a world we neither understand nor control. So when you get the chance to implant nanobots into your skull so you can interface directly with technology, think of it as doing your part for the survival of the species.  Tongue

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:53:09 AM

Super intelligent AI will be smart enough not to try to independently value things. It will understand that value is subjective. Therefore, I guess it will just trade with the most liquid currency that it can get its hands on. But if humans try to cheat the AI and steal money from it (because government fiat can be seized and invalidated) then it will be forced to use cryptocurrency because a super intelligent AI can safely hold cryptocurrency and store it encrypted in the cloud without fear of losing it to humans.

So I'm kind of lost... Why would AI's value XMR or BTC? What do cryptocurrencies possess that would make AI's want to acquire them?  I feel like if humans were to be able to make an AI, I wouldn't want it to walk around or conduct any business.. I would just want it to sit there and, I guess, think for me?  Idk, I wasn't really into SciFi stuff when I was a kid.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5042

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:26:08 AM

So I'm kind of lost... Why would AI's value XMR or BTC? What do cryptocurrencies possess that would make AI's want to acquire them?  I feel like if humans were to be able to make an AI, I wouldn't want it to walk around or conduct any business.. I would just want it to sit there and, I guess, think for me?  Idk, I wasn't really into SciFi stuff when I was a kid.

The ideal use for an AI is to answer questions we cannot the horrifying possibility is it thinking for us.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:30:43 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 06:45:29 AM by kazuki49

I don't think a smart enough AI will find use in cryptocurrencies, maybe in the blockchain technology, if we can't get humans to use it directly the field is doomed because I foresee a process of fiatization with 3rd-parties and intermediate services that will keep us in the current status-quo but with a kwel blockchain at the heart, specialized AIs will eventually take control of several trading markets it should still have humans in control or as primary beneficiaries. I also don't think Bitcoin (or any crypto) is a new Internet, I don't see future in smart contracts, and any coin with POS is DOA. Monero is pretty much state-of-art, growing but few people using it. I see that the devs will keep going no matter what as they are committed with this project, Monero time will come, its eternal disinflationary emission will make sure it will stay economically viable even if the price doesn't breaks $1 for a long time - but this is the worst-case scenario because I doubt I'll still be seeing XMR bellow $1 in 2022 unless something happened.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:59:47 AM

I don't think a smart enough AI will find use in cryptocurrencies, maybe in the blockchain technology, if we can't get humans to use it directly the field is doomed because I foresee a process of fiatization with 3rd-parties and intermediate services that will keep us in the current status-quo but with a kwel blockchain at the heart, specialized AIs will eventually take control of several trading markets it should still have humans in control or as primary beneficiaries. I also don't think Bitcoin (or any crypto) is a new Internet, I don't see future in smart contracts, and any coin with POS is DOA. Monero is pretty much state-of-art, growing but few people using it. I see that the devs will keep going no matter what as they are committed with this project, Monero time will come, its eternal disinflationary emission will make sure it will stay economically viable even if the price doesn't breaks $1 for a long time - but this is the worst-case scenario because I doubt I'll still be seeing XMR bellow $1 in 2022 unless something happened.

The biggest impact I see AI having on crypto is blockchain analysis, which might accelerate the movement of people from BTC to XMR in order to protect their privacy.
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: