Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 594 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834319 times)
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 05:22:36 AM

Whoah!!! Buy looking at the diagrams, the terminologies, the processes, the things to do, and the way how the gentlemen here talk about it, it looks like Simple Mining is really not that simple as it is. I guess I need to read the whole thread to learn more about this. I really it is all about having a computer with an OS, install a mining program, put your wallet address, and one click - BOOM - you are mining $$$.

Anyway pardon my frustration about this. Reading the mining threads and it shows me that it is hard to mine coins.

It actually is that simple. But unfortunately this ONE thread is addressing EVERY issue anyone has ever brought up. Including from the developer himself, so it looks very confusing.

I mentioned earlier that they should make a subreddit or something like that to organize these conversations.  

First off, lose the entitled attitude. Instead of just throwing up your hands, I'd just ask what you want to know.

All I did was go to simplemining.net and follow the instructions:
1) Install:  HDDRawCopy - flashing tool
2) Flash image provided in front page to any SSD drive (here he gives a video tutorial if you feel you need that; I didn't)
3) Take that SSD drive and put it into your rig
4) start the rig
5) log into simplemining.net and put in your wallet info (everything else is configured)
"boom"

I'd love to see another program that is that simple

Utmost gratitude for posting this tips and helping me out. I will definitely stop being lazy about it and start researching these terms you mentioned. When you say "install" you mean installing it on your computer, is that right? Thanks again mate.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrikm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:07:49 AM

Hi.
I have some problem after boot OS. Miner don't start, but on console i have a text: "There is no screen to be attached matching miner."
If i run "/root/start.sh" and then "screen -ls" I had that screen "xxxx.miner deattached", then "screen -r xxxx" and it's work.
After reboot trouble is repeat.
Rig doesn't have yet PCIE card, I use onboard adapter.
webxass.de

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:15:10 AM

Rig doesn't have yet PCIE card, I use onboard adapter.
this may be ur problem ... put any GPU >2GB in and try again ... the miner is looking for hardware, it can use and if there is non, nothing happens

webxass.de

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:22:39 AM

Whoah!!! Buy looking at the diagrams, the terminologies, the processes, the things to do, and the way how the gentlemen here talk about it, it looks like Simple Mining is really not that simple as it is. I guess I need to read the whole thread to learn more about this. I really it is all about having a computer with an OS, install a mining program, put your wallet address, and one click - BOOM - you are mining $$$.

Anyway pardon my frustration about this. Reading the mining threads and it shows me that it is hard to mine coins.

It actually is that simple. But unfortunately this ONE thread is addressing EVERY issue anyone has ever brought up. Including from the developer himself, so it looks very confusing.

I mentioned earlier that they should make a subreddit or something like that to organize these conversations.  

First off, lose the entitled attitude. Instead of just throwing up your hands, I'd just ask what you want to know.

2) Flash image provided in front page to any SSD drive (here he gives a video tutorial if you feel you need that; I didn't)
4) start the rig
5) log into simplemining.net and put in your wallet info (everything else is configured)
"boom"

Utmost gratitude for posting this tips and helping me out. I will definitely stop being lazy about it and start researching these terms you mentioned. When you say "install" you mean installing it on your computer, is that right? Thanks again mate.
Why your not just following the "get it" section on https://simplemining.net/ On that page is a block "instructions" ... there is even a youtube video how to work with hddrawcopy ... its really as simple as following those instructions.

You need to download the correct image of SMOS, download and install hddrawcopy (or any other flashing tool), start it and choose the image you downloaded before, than choose your device (ssd/hdd or usb stick) and confirm ... when it is finished, you see one partition on your device where a config file is located ... here you set your VALID email adress ... then take your device and plug it into the rig and boot from it ... done ...

when that is done you come back to https://simplemining.net/ and watch ur dashboard for configuring, what you want to mine

Rashkae

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:24:53 AM

I tried running it in a new Ryzen 5 system with a Gigabyte motherboard with 2 powercolor RX570 cards. On boot, the screen is just spammed with:

amd_gpio_irq_handler=0x0/0x200

and

bad_chained_irq

Seems to be that Ubuntu newer than 17.04 doesn't like the USB 3.1 ports?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1671360

Fix is here it seems, how to get this incorporated?

http://people.canonical.com/~khfeng/lp1671360-regular-interrupt/

Did I help you? If yes, hit me up with some Eth!
0xD6422bcFD87989cf04D7dB489B9c18b3cA95886e
viperman2

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:08:13 AM

Hi,
Is there any update from today because from 1 hour my rigs are super unstable restarting a milion times , and different GPUs are hanging non-stop.
They were super stable and i doubt its a hardware problem on both of them at the same time.
Its for sure the OS.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:17:50 AM

Hi,
Is there any update from today because from 1 hour my rigs are super unstable restarting a milion times , and different GPUs are hanging non-stop.
They were super stable and i doubt its a hardware problem on both of them at the same time.
Its for sure the OS.
nothing changed ... thunderstorm?!

Renaldo

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:22:26 AM

4) start the rig
"boom"

You're correct, SM OS is pretty awesome, but...  Undecided

1) His frustration isn't an isolated incident. FOr someone new getting into mining, or trying out an advanced miner like this one, the broken english in the miner can be very confusing. That coupled with the seemingly arcane commands that one needs to enter to get a pool lined up can become quite frustrating. Seriously, look at the following text: "Default config: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333." For the uninitiated that can be intimidating, especially when there are virtually no comprehensible explanations for what each command does, and how it has to be structured.
2) The dreaded "No screen session found," error has never been fully hammered out. SM OS is, in fact, not reliably fire & forget. It works for me about 60% of the time, but then the rest of the time I have to restart the machine over and over until it gets past the error that stalls showing a blinking cursor on a black screen .
3) The latest issue that's come up is the "Error - X needs to be running to perform AMD Overdrive commands. Couldn't initialize ADL interface."
Again, nobody here is questioning how well this SM OS can work, but it certainly isn't perfect. Almost all of my Windoze miners are more reliable, albeit limited by Windoze of course.

When it works, I guess it "just works." When it doesn't, there's no troubleshooting it.

Thanks for the tutorial above. And thanks to the Dev, he answers a LOT of questions on here.
Take 'er easy.

Renaldo. Grin

viperman2

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:31:27 AM

Hi,
Its for sure the OS.

I'll go check them at place, because i'm away now.
Lets hope not Smiley just wanted to be sure if any driver/kernel version changes are not presented.

As i can see there is 1098 version so something is changed. Maybe my rigs restarted and applied newer version and then problems started.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:41:18 AM

as far as i know the update just brought new version of claymore-eth and claymore-zec ... if you was mining with claymore-eth-9.4 nothing changed on ur machine since claymore-eth-9.5 was put in a separat folder so you can use both.

i dont know of any other changes on the system

pbuva

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:52:08 AM

Hi,
Its for sure the OS.

Lets hope not Smiley just wanted to be sure if any driver/kernel version changes are not presented.

As i can see there is 1098 version so something is changed. Maybe my rigs restarted and applied newer version and then problems started.

I have the same problems, also without obvious cause. From day to day, reboots started to appear, after a complete restart it will stop for a couple of hours.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kell234

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:08:20 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 09:32:13 AM by kell234

Problem start today in 8-30 am  (Moscow time +3 gtm). New version released today??   My rig with 9  rx 480 start (z270a with 7 card in pci-e+ 2 card in m2) drop hashrate on one card to 0 mh/s and then reboot many times in row. He work flowless 2 month...

I dismount 1 random card and now its work (15 minute stable). I update post if find some new info. But i think that its problem with new version of smOS
webxass.de

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:19:41 AM

mhh very strange ... on my side everything is working as intended Sad

barabeku

Activity: 568

umachit.fund

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:34:29 AM

I got same crashing issue here. after update to 1098 (still no change log details).

Later you need to give us some option to update rigs or not, when new updates available.
Last 1097 give me the best OC result, i can OC higher than older OS version.

ddsilveira

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:41:43 AM

Hi,
Its for sure the OS.

I also got lots of restarts today, I had to change the overclocks values to get that stable again... I'm still testing.
webxass.de

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:39:16 AM

only problem i got was when i used the new claymore-eth-9.5 which u have to enable manually by the options tab on dashboard ... on my side it seemed to work less stable than claymore-eth-9.4 ... so i switched back and now it is stable again.

if your rig crashes really often you probably should ssh into the machine and tail -f the log which is generated by claymore and see what happens when the rig hangs up or restarts ... on my side there was the line "miner thread hang up" or something similar ... (im using the option -logfile ./logfile.log on claymore to get more detailed debug log on a specific file name but for any reason its getting deleted after restart of the miner/rig)

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 10:41:14 AM

BETA NVIDIA RELEASE:
Hi guys, to those who want to try nvidia here is an image.
Keep in mind that it is BETA so you will propably need to reflash it someday.
I guess all nvidias should be supported ( i tested on my GTX1070 gpus).
Anyway the Overclocking IS NOT WORKING NOW !
There is one thing you can accually set.
Its PowerLimit.
If you want to use powerlimit feature then write values 70-170 into Overclocking into CORE section.
This value will be used to set watt limit. I can say that value 95 is limiting wattage in my case from 900 watt to 620 watt
So this is temporary solution but it works Smiley

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
rogeriosmorais

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:51:25 AM

1) His frustration isn't an isolated incident. FOr someone new getting into mining, or trying out an advanced miner like this one, the broken english in the miner can be very confusing. That coupled with the seemingly arcane commands that one needs to enter to get a pool lined up can become quite frustrating. Seriously, look at the following text: "Default config: -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333." For the uninitiated that can be intimidating, especially when there are virtually no comprehensible explanations for what each command does, and how it has to be structured.

That's insane. You can't ask the guy who is making the OPERATING SYSTEM to teach you how to setup your MINER. Each miner has a different syntax and if the user isn't willing to learn the basics on how to connect to a pool then he's just lazy.

What did you expect from the operating system? You want the OS to create a wallet for you as well? Do you want it to register an account on the exchange as well? Do you want it to create a bank account for you and deposit money in it? If anyone expects to plug an USB in the computer and have everything else done automatically he's crazy.

jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:57:29 AM

That's insane. You can't ask the guy who is making the OPERATING SYSTEM to teach you how to setup your MINER. Each miner has a different syntax and if the user isn't willing to learn the basics on how to connect to a pool then he's just lazy.

What did you expect from the operating system? You want the OS to create a wallet for you as well? Do you want it to register an account on the exchange as well? Do you want it to create a bank account for you and deposit money in it? If anyone expects to plug an USB in the computer and have everything else done automatically he's crazy.

Don't forget the button to order RX580 cards which arrive by drone delivery tomorrow…
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:02:35 AM

Progress NVIDIA update:

Hi guys Smiley Today i made nvidia OS which works out of box Smiley
I will make first OC features and i guess i will release first alpha version which could be usable !
I will inform you via email once image will be released.
Anyway its going good Smiley
BTW. This image will be the same for AMD and Nvidia (installed both drivers into one OS image)
Wow It is really great info!
Looking forward to release to build nVidia rigs :d
Thanks for your hardwork Tytanick! You are the master

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 594 »
  Print  

Jump to: