Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
burntone

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:23:58 PM

Vi is the best and powerfull text editor that i 'd never seen. Notepad++ is a beautiful toy for a windowsian, but never, never powerful as vi

:-)

Agreed. Regex is right there. I have been using vim as of late for syntax highlighting but I have to install it myself:

sudu apt-get install vim -y

It would be nice if @fullzero could include it in v. 20.

How long 'til v20 btw? Smiley
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:10:26 PM

Vi is the best and powerfull text editor that i 'd never seen. Notepad++ is a beautiful toy for a windowsian, but never, never powerful as vi

Agreed. Regex is right there. I have been using vim as of late for syntax highlighting but I have to install it myself:

fullzero perhaps working on a stable version, it may take a little longer because there are many requests need to be added (probably BTG as well). But we are not missing much when you see the 1.3 version.

Coming to all the updates, guys make sure you only have the 'stable' updates option setup on your 1bash, don't just go for every update because most of the sub level updates are 'beta', wait until they are tested by our community (fullzero can't test, its highly impossible to test those)

If you don't know much about linux or what's going on, let the RIG run on its current version and wait for the stable updates.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

fullzero perhaps working on a stable version, it may take a little longer because there are many requests need to be added (probably BTG as well). But we are not missing much when you see the 1.3 version.

Coming to all the updates, guys make sure you only have the 'stable' updates option setup on your 1bash, don't just go for every update because most of the sub level updates are 'beta', wait until they are tested by our community (fullzero can't test, its highly impossible to test those)

If you don't know much about linux or what's going on, let the RIG run on its current version and wait for the stable updates.

I will catchup on pm's and respond to posts.  Most of what I glanced over should be addressed here:

Before v0019; a lot more packages were selected and automatic updates (in addition to security updates) were on.  In v0019+ only security updates will automatically install and system + nvidia driver updates will be added but not installed unless manually triggered.

Having deferred updates waiting + additional new updates will sometimes cause a problem when the updates are executed.  Every nvOC update invokes the installation of all updates.  Sometimes a Nvidia driver update with have a problem in combination with xorg modification (as I believe is the case with the newest driver).  The xorg doesn't normally need to be updated (the change was to support 19x vs 13x GPUs.  

The cmd update using 4update: is intended for use from v0019 to the current beta version. Each of the -1.x are beta versions; and I don't have the time to ensure the update works correctly from each subversion to subversion (ie -1.1 to -1.3).  I don't want to disable security updates; these are important.

There have been a lot of contributions lately ( which is good ); however this makes a lot more changes and many more potential problems.  For this reason after -1.4 I am going to hold off on adding new contributions until v0020 and focus on removing all the bugs from the current beta.

I had expected BTG to have better support than it does.  To reiterate what ComputerGenie has already posted:

Technically BTG is an altcoin that has airdropped ( essentially copied and pasted ) the BTC Blockchain into its own Blockchain, and thus is not a fork.

Mining is about a week away due to dev (self mining).

There is no major pool that is currently supporting BTG; the ones that are may have problems interacting with existing Equihash mining clients ( ZM and EWBF ).

You don't want to mix BTG and BTC transactions; ENSURE YOU MOVE YOUR BTC to another address (in another wallet) before trying to send any BTG.  

If you use a trezor for BTC + or or more altcoin(s) ( I don't recommend doing this btw) know that using your seed to build a BTG wallet exposes not just your BTC private keys; but also each of the altcoin private keys on that trezor.  So you would want to send all your BTC / alts on that trezor to other wallets if you plan on using the seed to build a BTG wallet.  Note that when I say 'on a trezor' this is misleading as a trezor is really only a clever interface for your paper wallet (the public and private keys: which is all any cryptocurrency is) which removes the problem of directly exposing your private keys unencrypted to your computer.

Major exchanges are not currently supporting BTG for this reason; it has no replay protection.  If you are not familiar with this and don't want or have the time to look into it; all you need to know is:  

You don't want to mix BTG and BTC transactions; ENSURE YOU MOVE YOUR BTC to another address (in another wallet) before trying to send any BTG.  If you use a trezor / or most likely any multicoin wallet know you must also MOVE each ALTCOIN in that wallet to another wallet before playing with BTG.

Even BTG wallet clients seem to be limited; all the ones listed on their site seem to be mobile versions.  If you end up mining BTG; ensure you make a new wallet to do so: DON'T USE A pre AIRDROP BTC ADDRESS.

For -1.4 I will add changes from contributors and bug fixes.  I am not concerned with supporting BTG asap; as I initally was.  I think it may cause extensive problems for less experienced members.

edit:

I forgot meligo made a website for general FAQ and guides.  It is not super pretty and uses a wordpress theme: but I think it will help members solve problems / deal with common problems.  It can, like everything; be improved over time.

I will add it to -1.4 as a firefox bookmark and the OP here.  meligo already added some information and guides.  Thanks meligo  Grin

http://nvosmining.azurewebsites.net/

joshuajones02

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:18:21 PM

Need help:

Rig has been running for like a month no issues, got this https://ibb.co/i85CWR error 2 days ago.. system will restart and go into Linux but won't pass the login screen, inserted minrr1 password, it works, doesn't say password is wrong but won't load it up.. fine, I reinstalled a fresh copy of nvoc on the hard drive and it worked for 24 hours and now I'm getting the same exact message and Won't go pass the login screen

https://ibb.co/i85CWR

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
Temporel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:20:25 PM

Need help:

Rig has been running for like a month no issues, got this https://ibb.co/i85CWR error 2 days ago.. system will restart and go into Linux but won't pass the login screen, inserted minrr1 password, it works, doesn't say password is wrong but won't load it up.. fine, I reinstalled a fresh copy of nvoc on the hard drive and it worked for 24 hours and now I'm getting the same exact message and Won't go pass the login screen

https://ibb.co/i85CWR

from a previous post:

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo shutdown -r now
reapz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

Hi, just moved to NVOC, loving it. I had to mess around with what miner the bash file was using as it was not installed. I have a really noob question if someone could help me please.

1. How do I set up supernova pools that require a password and user id an example would be great thanks

2. Can I set up spill over pools?

Many thanks
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:13:09 PM

try this:

ensure:

Code:
COIN="ZEC"

ZEC_WORKER="Ibizian"

having the $ symbol at the beginning creates a reference to a variable which does not exist.

Still Same error.

I know very little about this but it seems it is not connecting to something. On the Terminal side it keeps saying SCREEN IS TERMINATING.

Should it be set to ZM or EWBF??
[/quote]

This is due to a directory reference fail on my part; easiest solution should be to set to EWBF for now. 
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:15:13 PM

I know very little about this but it seems it is not connecting to something. On the Terminal side it keeps saying SCREEN IS TERMINATING.

Should it be set to ZM or EWBF??

Did you start with the 19-1.3 image? If so, you may be missing the ZM miner so try this at the command line and see what response you get:

file /home/m1/zec/zm/5_1/zm_miner

If you get no such file or directory, the easiest fix to get started mining is to change from ZM to EWBF by changing this flag in 1bash:

ZM_or_EWBF="EWBF"  # choose  ZM  or  EWBF

Hope this helps.

Thanks for pointing this out. 
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:18:11 PM

Should someone start a community on Facebook or Slack or Discord or something? I feel like this thread is moving too fast.

Regarding basic vs. advanced 1bash... I'd like to see it broken into three pieces.

• I would love to see the logical functions in the 1bash; choices of logic and add-ons to use (or not, for basic.) Many of us would largely use the same settings on groups of rigs, but the file necessarily changes with every update.
  • I would love to see the per-GPU and per-coin OC settings broken out into another stand-alone file; these all need to preserved between versions and rebuilds, but are completely unique to each rig. Persistent but local.
  • I would love to see the Addresses, Workers, Pools, Ports section become a stand-alone file; these are all the same on all my rigs, and when I change any, I want to change them on all my rigs. These don't change for rebuilds or for upgrades and need to be copied every time. Persistent and global.

Just a thought.

What do you think about CryptAtomeTrader44's idea and my thoughts on how to use it?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg23380597#msg23380597

Would this work for you?

I think the best idea would be to have separate conf file for each coin and place all those conf files in new folder.

This conf file, lets say ETH.conf will have ETH wallet address, choice of workername, list of ETH pools, proper OC settings for ethash, choice of miner, new variable ALGO="ethash"

I know that it will take a bit longer to edit all conf files for the coins you would like to mine, but it will be done only once per coin and it will be preserved during updates.

The benefit of doing so is easy and non-confusing setup for newcomers, proper OC settings for the particular algo, easy addition of new coins - just add new coin.conf file.

As proposed, having one conf file with all coin addresses, pools, miners and another file with all different algo OC settings won't help much in my opinion.

All that will be left in 1bash would be choice of coin, choice to use switchers, temp control, watchdog, etc. I would also rename 1bash to settings.conf

For easy addition of new coins, all we would have to add is new conf file with all the pertaining settings and the new ALGO variable.
For example, we have all the logic for ETH (ethash) already in 3main. We want to add UBQ (also ethash). 3main reads the $COIN from 1bash then reads the $COIN.conf from the new folder where all the conf files are. Then reads the ALGO variable and apply the ethash logic to mine UBQ. This will also simplify 3main since it will have per algo instead of per coin logic.
In rare case if particular algo logic could not apply to the new coin we can always ECHO new_logic > 3main to the end of 3main.

Makes sence? Thoughts?

meligo made a website for general FAQ and guides.  It is not super pretty and uses a wordpress theme: but I think it will help members solve problems / deal with common problems.  It can, like everything; be improved over time.

I will add it to -1.4 as a firefox bookmark and the OP here.  meligo already added some information and guides.  

http://nvosmining.azurewebsites.net/
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:35:05 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to add ZOIN (ticker ZOI) to nvOC ?

Only mineable with a CPU ... It's an interesting alternative for the "plusCPU".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2085112.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0

Best regards.

_S_C_

I will add this to the list for v0020
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:35:49 PM

Should someone start a community on Facebook or Slack or Discord or something? I feel like this thread is moving too fast.

I had the idea of having a telegram channel group first place, but haven't initiated, asked fullzero (he is already occupied with so many things).

Slack seems send lots of spam, I was also a victim of losing 3.5 ETH and some tokens. It would be better not to involve slack because of lots of newbies would be using it, high chance of getting robbed.

I hate using Facebook (more personal Cheesy), because don't want to be part of their data collection.

I like Discord and we can pin many messages (all the important one's so that users can easily get there without much scrolling), it would be very useful for many other people for instant answers.

I've just started this channel on discord, anyone interested please join Smiley

https://discord.gg/8YDFEvY

added the link to the OP  Grin
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:46:04 PM

Regarding basic vs. advanced 1bash... I'd like to see it broken into three pieces.

• I would love to see the logical functions in the 1bash; choices of logic and add-ons to use (or not, for basic.) Many of us would largely use the same settings on groups of rigs, but the file necessarily changes with every update.
  • I would love to see the per-GPU and per-coin OC settings broken out into another stand-alone file; these all need to preserved between versions and rebuilds, but are completely unique to each rig. Persistent but local.
  • I would love to see the Addresses, Workers, Pools, Ports section become a stand-alone file; these are all the same on all my rigs, and when I change any, I want to change them on all my rigs. These don't change for rebuilds or for upgrades and need to be copied every time. Persistent and global.

Just a thought.

What do you think about CryptAtomeTrader44's idea and my thoughts on how to use it?

Would this work for you?

I think the best idea would be to have separate conf file for each coin and place all those conf files in new folder.

This conf file, lets say ETH.conf will have ETH wallet address, choice of workername, list of ETH pools, proper OC settings for ethash, choice of miner, new variable ALGO="ethash"

I know that it will take a bit longer to edit all conf files for the coins you would like to mine, but it will be done only once per coin and it will be preserved during updates.

The benefit of doing so is easy and non-confusing setup for newcomers, proper OC settings for the particular algo, easy addition of new coins - just add new coin.conf file.

As proposed, having one conf file with all coin addresses, pools, miners and another file with all different algo OC settings won't help much in my opinion.

All that will be left in 1bash would be choice of coin, choice to use switchers, temp control, watchdog, etc. I would also rename 1bash to settings.conf

For easy addition of new coins, all we would have to add is new conf file with all the pertaining settings and the new ALGO variable.
For example, we have all the logic for ETH (ethash) already in 3main. We want to add UBQ (also ethash). 3main reads the $COIN from 1bash then reads the $COIN.conf from the new folder where all the conf files are. Then reads the ALGO variable and apply the ethash logic to mine UBQ. This will also simplify 3main since it will have per algo instead of per coin logic.
In rare case if particular algo logic could not apply to the new coin we can always ECHO new_logic > 3main to the end of 3main.

Makes sence? Thoughts?
totally agree with you,  now it's a pain  to  switch from ETH to ZEC with individual.OC settings.

Everyone with an opinion please join the how-to-organize discussion on the nvOC discord and continue this discussion.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:57:15 PM

Hi,
I need some support.
I have installed nvoc 0019 in my two rigs:
motherboard: ASUS B250 MIning
Videos: ASUS 106-100 mining edition.

I have disabled IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG="NO", because miner is restarting periodically.

In first RIG In temp Screen I have following errors for all GPUs:

ERROR: The GPU has fallen off the bus or has otherwise become inaccessible
ERROR: Error assigning value 57 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:13]) as specified in assignment '[fan:13]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=57' (Unknown Error).
------------------------

IN Second in temp Screen the following:

ERROR: Error assigning value 52 to attribute 'GPUTargetFanSpeed' (m1-desktop:0[fan:7]) as specified in assignment '[fan:7]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=52' (Unknown Error).
GPU 8, Target temp: 70, Current: 46, Diff: 24, Fan: 51, Power: 99.41
Sun Oct 22 00:35:58 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 51 New: 46 Temp: 46
------------------------------

Please help, What I'm doing wrong or what is missing in my config.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

My configuration was set to "NO".

I changed on one rig to "YES" and getting this error in the "temp" screen:

----------------
Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - Adjusting Fan for gpu:8. Old: 50 New: 45 Temp: 46
Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

Mon Oct 23 01:24:05 EDT 2017 - All good, will check again soon
----------

Also there was an error related to "persistence mode". I have enabled it manually for all GPUs.

Please Help!

I don't believe you can use autotemp with P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES".  persistence mode messages can be ignored.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:58:19 PM

[clip]

Would this work for you?

I would learn to make it work for me. Having the wallets/pools exported would ease the upgrade process. But I don't see a need to change the format to csv or json... the current text file format works fine. The only complication comes from the fact that it's not preserved between updates and rebuilds.

Also, while I deeply appreciate that you want to make this simple for novices, I think you may be mistaking what parts are 'difficult' versus 'easy' for most novices. Once someone has the know-how to modify a text file on a USB stick, it doesn't make much difference whether they modify one, two, or three files. The confusing things are more along the lines of, "where is that file now that I'm running Ubuntu?" And I understand what "unix" and "main" mean, but what is "bash?"

(No joke; I'm from Windows land, and I had those questions. I put a text file with my wallet/pool info on the USB, but after first boot, I could not find it. Took me a long time to find the "media" folder! I also remember having a separate download of the 1bash, several versions ago, with instructions to put it in the "user home folder." So I put it into "/home" and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't pick up my settings. Also, I didn't know what the "m1" subfolder was for. Stupid newb!)

I actually think it would be simpler for new users to have three files to configure. Say,

1settings
1overclocking
1wallets

And 3main would begin with:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

source ~/1settings
source ~/1overclocking
source ~/1wallet

1settings could open with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# MINIMUM SETUP: Select a coin below and set your wallet/pool information in the file 1wallet
#     NOTE: If you do not set your wallet/pool info in 1wallet, you will be making a
#            mining donation to the developers and contributors. THANKS!)
# OPTIONAL: Choose additional options below and customize the overclocking settings in
#            the file 1overclocking

# nvOC v0020-1.0 by fullzero

# + contributors:

1wallet could lead with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# MINIMUM SETUP: Set your wallet/pool information below, and select a coin to mine by
#              editing the file 1settings. You ONLY need to set wallet/pool information for coins
#              you intend to mine; the rest can be left at the defaults (which are donation addresses to
#              the developers and contributors. THANKS!

Lastly, 1wallet can open with:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# EDITING THIS FILE IS OPTIONAL, AND ONLY NECESSARY IF OC IS ENABLED IN 1SETTINGS
# THIS FILE WILL NOT BE USED UNLESS OC IS ENABLED IN 1SETTINGS
# MINIMUM SETUP: Set your wallet/pool information in 1wallet, select a coin to mine
#              by editing the file 1settings, and enable the overclocking methods of your choice
#              in 1settings. Then set your overclocking details below.

This approach requires less in the way of actual changes on your part, it preserves the different kinds of data in different files, but it remains clear and understandable to any user who can open a text file and edit it.

I'd also suggest a single 1bash, not basic versus advanced... just put everything you'd put into the basic right at the top. Follow that with something like,

Code:
######################################
##  
##  IF YOU'VE SELECTED A COIN ABOVE, AND ENTERED
##  YOUR WALLET/POOL INFORMATION IN 1WALLET, YOU ARE DONE
##  WITH BASIC SETUP! ALL COINS AND SETTINGS BELOW THIS POINT
##  ARE OPTIONAL/ADVANCED.
##

ADVANCED="NO"                       # YES NO
#   Set YES to enable ADVANCED mode settings below;
#   Otherwise DO NOT change any settings below.
#   YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICES!

This lets you keep all the logic in one file, which I think will prove useful when troubleshooting.

Now, if this is going to cause you to need a bazillion more switches which you'd rather avoid by having a basic mode bash file, then, by all means, just do the basic/advanced thing.

It just seems to me that it's easier to keep it all in one place, and just to make it obvious where "Basic" ends and "Advanced" begins.

And again, if CSV or JSON is easier for you to implement than the current text file, by all means, go ahead... it just seems to me that it will not be easier. In fact, I fear that certain coin/pool combinations will require many settings that others don't, which will complicate the implementation and, honestly, may  be what really confuses new people!

Why? Well, imagine you only know of 3 "facts" that go with your mining pool/wallet... and you go to fill in a line on a CSV file with 20 headings... how do you find all that other information?!? Versus finding a section that only asks for the 3 facts you have:

Code:
#ZClassic
ZCL_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ZCL_ADDRESS="replace_with_your_ZCL_address"
ZCL_POOL="us.zclmine.pro"
ZCL_PORT="9009"

To me, that's much simpler than figuring out what to put in POOL_NAME versus POOL_DNS, and what's my WALLET_PROVIDER_NAME? For advanced users, filling out the sheet may be easier, because we'll understand better which rows need extra information, and which ones don't... but for the new person, every empty slot is another puzzler!

Please join the how-to-organize discussion on the nvOC discord and continue this discussion.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:00:50 PM

So.. I am still having trouble with one random card crashing on my rig. I am not sure which card though. All heat sinks are cold because of my environment and I am a complete newb so I am not sure how to tell which card keeps crashing. It was crashing every couple days, then every day and now its down to minutes.

Errors:

CUDA error in func 'search' at line 361 : unknown error.
CUDA10    Error CUDA mining: unknownerror.

Says this for multiple CUDA numbers

And in guake under GPU 5 (not sure which is GPU 5)

/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 160: [: Unable: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 193: [: the: integer expression expected
/home/m1/Maximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL: line 206: [: to: integer expression expected

The rig ran perfect for several months. I have the asrock BTC+ pro with 12 p106-100's

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just need to find out which card is failing so I can send it out for repair.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Your telegram should show an error like this :

Code:
Mining_Rigs:
Worker: nv102
Boot Time: 2017-10-21 21:58:42
System Up Time: up
Miner Uptime:
Currently Mining: "ZEC"
Reboot Required: No
GPU Count: 7
GPU Utilization:

Temp, Fan, Power:
GPU 0, Target temp:  75, Current:  63, Diff:  12, Fan:  60, Power:  120.01
GPU 1, Target temp:  75, Current:  62, Diff:  13, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 2, Target temp:  75, Current:  Unable, Diff:  75, Fan:  to, Power:  determine
GPU 3, Target temp:  75, Current:  65, Diff:  10, Fan:  60, Power:  121.67
GPU 4, Target temp:  75, Current:  52, Diff:  23, Fan:  60, Power:  122.76
GPU 5, Target temp:  75, Current:  60, Diff:  15, Fan:  60, Power:  119.53
GPU 6, Target temp:  75, Current:  61, Diff:  14, Fan:  60, Power:  120.94
Sat Oct 21 21:59:20 IRST 2017 - Starting miner restart script.

Sadly I was unable to set up telegram in China. The service seems to be blocked here. I can access their site on VPN but it wont accept my Chinese number and my rig is not on a proxy or vpn.

Anything else you would advise.

are you using:

Code:
P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES"

?

Yes I am using "YES" on this command line.

I don't believe you can use autotemp with P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES".
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:04:02 PM

Joined the discord! - https://discord.gg/8YDFEvY

Just thought I would add that after upgrading my CPU, claymore is still the only miner that doesn't crash immediately on the 19 GPU rig. Still on 4GB of ram though, so I suppose I should wait for that upgrade to arrive. If it helps, claymore does specifically list that his miner supports like 30+ GPUs so I'm thinking that's the reason why it's the only one that works.

zm should also work with up to 19x gpus
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:09:50 PM

fullzero,

I'm sure you thought of this, and hopefully its already planned for a future version, but it would be really nice for the new "advanced 1bash" to split out individual clocks/power limits to per-algorithm (context of WTM switching)

I also like the idea of moving to json

try:
Code:
damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="YES"

then modify this area at the end of 1bash:

Code:
if [ $damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC == "YES" ]
then

# Neoscrypt

if [ $COIN == "FTC" -o $COIN == "ORB" -o $COIN == "PXC" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=80
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
fi

# Ethash

if [ $COIN == "ETH" -o $COIN == "ETC" -o $COIN == "EXP" -o $COIN == "UBQ" -o $COIN == "MUSIC" -o $COIN == "SOIL" -o $COIN == "MPH_ETHASH" -o $COIN == "NICE_ETHASH" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=76
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1600
fi

# Equihash

if [ $COIN == "ZEC" -o $COIN == "ZEN" -o $COIN == "HUSH" -o $COIN == "ZCL" -o $COIN == "KMD" -o $COIN == "ZPOOL_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "MPH_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "NICE_EQUIHASH" -o $COIN == "VOTE" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=76
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=800
fi

# Skunk

if [ $COIN == "SIGT" -o $COIN == "ZPOOL_SKUNK" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=78
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1000
fi

# Cryptonight

if [ $COIN == "XMR" -o $COIN == "KRB" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=62
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=155
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=-300
fi

# lyra2v2

if [ $COIN == "MONA" -o $COIN == "VTC" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=65
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=135
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=-1200
fi

# ZCOIN lyra2v2

if [ $COIN == "ZCOIN" ]
then
POWERLIMIT_WATTS=65
__CORE_OVERCLOCK=160
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=-1000
fi
fi

edit just noticed you wrote 'individual'; noted
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:20:02 PM

hi, all!

I'm using nvOC for a while and today got some rigs broken, tried to see what's wrong and got this error when launching nvidia-smi: "Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch". This happened to every nvidia rig that I tried to reboot. Never touched the drivers in nvOC distro, so I'm confused how this could happen... Does anyone have ideas? Is there any kind of autoupdater which could change something after reboot? How to disable it and make everything working again?

This exactly happened to me this morning!!

Don't know what has triggered this! haven't rebooted my for almost 2 weeks as it was running flawless!! I have restarted it, can connect through teamviewer but cannot see anything, just some blank screen!!

It took 3 hours to get my RIG back UP with version 19.13

My last telegram message ended up like this

System Boot Time: 2017-10-11 05:11:19
System Up Time: up 1 week, 6 days, 57 minutes
Miner Uptime:    16:13:22
GPU Count: 1

GPU_UTILIZATIONS: Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch

TEMPS: Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch 

POWERDRAW: Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch

FAN SPEEDS: Failed to initialize NVML: Driver/library version mismatch

No idea why it happened, can't even access logs because of no access.

I had 3 wallets in there, I need to access it soon or rather than later! (haven't made any backup for them).

I have the same issue. Both of my rigs running nvOC are down. It looks like some kind of update was done and drivers stopped working.

This is all of a sudden asking me a login password on both my rigs and when i input miner1 it does nothing.

Nvidia driver updated today on one of my rigs
A reboot fixed my problem
The other one already had latest 384-90

run update / upgrade again

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo reboot

So for those who are now reaching the login screen and cannot login even when you type in your password. SSH into your rig and run the following commands:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo shutdown -r now

Now everything's working back to normal. Not sure why it did that for me. Also, I don't know if the first commmand is necessary, it's just what I typed in initially so I included it.

Too bad I don't have ssh configured/enabled.

If this happens you should be able to use console mode to fix the botched update.  At the login screen:

press:   
Code:
ctrl + alt + f1

to enter console mode

login is: 
Code:
m1

password:
Code:
miner1

then use:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a 

then:

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo reboot
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:30:55 PM

Hi! According to the same issue with all my P106-100 rigs, i suppose you need to do this:

1) check that you have set P106_100_FULL_HEADLESS_MODE="YES" in 1bash
2) check that you can control your rig without monitor attached (SSH or Teamviewer enabled)
3) disconnect monitor
4) run the following:
Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration
sudo reboot

After the rig reboots, overclocking will work as supposed to. Sometimes i had to do number 4 again after reboot to make it working.

Thanks, trying now. Did you have more than 16 GPUs?
(edit)I tried this and mining would not start. Had to do
Code:
 sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia.backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf 
to return it to being able to mine at all.
I've read that you can add the coolbits part to either screen or device; the code you gave me I think put it in whichever was the wrong one.
Any other ideas?

Code:
sudo nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=12 --allow-empty-initial-configuration
sudo reboot
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:35:27 PM

To prevent automatic updates in the future:

use your favorite editor, open /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10periodic and change:

Code:
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "1";

To:

Code:
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "0";

and /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20auto-upgrades
Code:
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "1";
APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "1";

to

Code:
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "0";
APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "0";

D

ps: Seriously, why was this ON?

Very nice suggestion Doodkeen,

This is a community driven project and fullzero is doing the best job ever without asking for a dime (unlike other Linux mining distros)
Some times in the middle of the road we miss some small points that are so obvious to others,

So I'm kindly ask every Linux Guru here to do their best to look for improvements and fixes for nvOC
Feel free to PM me or post in forum any suggestion you have.

Thank you all.

Yep, please feel free and provide the valuable feedback, so that we can make nvOC even better.

Coming to the error, no one expected this sort of failure on this scale!! Hope we identify these sort of issues bit earlier.

I think the problem is while Nvidia driver was updating wdog restarted the rig because of low utilization and that cause a miss configured Nvidia driver,
I think solution is to prevent wdog from restarting the rig if dpkg is running.
Papampi, you are absolutely right  Smiley

I had this happen to 2 of my rigs.  I will change all the update settings for -1.4 except security updates.  My bad.   
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: